What kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed?

So very often I see conversations such as these:

Astonishing that you cant go for a walk without taking your gun.Its like living in a prison.
You have to wonder what kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed.
The obvious response:
The same places where we're told gun-violence is -so- bad that we need to further restrict the law abiding in their exercise of the right to keep and bear arms.
If gun violence is indeed that bad, how is it unreasonable to carry a gun for self-defense?

Why is the people who ask this question never want to discuss the answer?
How is it gun violence can be so bad that we need more gun control laws, but people who want to carry a gun to protect themselves are nuts?
The retards who think they have to carry a gun are the same retards who believe Fox News when it tells them there are no-go zones in America.

A little doom music, some manufactured bullshit, and the tards are shitting in their pants.

They don't know how to walk upright like a man.

No, dude. The only people who are crapping in their panties are you leftards who are so paranoid, they they want more restrictive gun laws. You wouldn't keep pushing for them if you weren't so terrified of firearms and the people who own them.
I'm a gun owner, dipshit.

We're not talking about Red Ryder BB guns here. That thread is over in the "hobbies" category.

I carry because the laws of my country and state say I have the right to.

I have the legal right to go topless in public, but I don't do that either. I have the legal right to get an abortion, but I've never done that either. There are all kinds of legal rights that I have, but I have chosen not to exercise. Why do you feel the need to exercise this right?

Because when the asshole is attacking you the cops are at least 5 minutes away. I am old, and i can no longer fight. I get broken, I stay broken. So, if a asshole tries to play the knockout game with me he gets a nice lead enema.

I have a different problem. I am old and can't put someone down gently anymore. If a person physically goes for it, I have to put them down hard. And I still get 6 months in the county lockup. It's more humane to just pull the weapon and tell them to stand down rather than cripple them if there is time to render the weapon. If it's more than one then I agree with your initial action.

Watch the videos, the assholes playing the knockout game are subtle, they get close before they launch their attack. I can draw and shoot them far faster than I can try and talk them out of attacking me. So i will. Not because I want to, but because i have to. They leave themselves no time to be talked to.
Ah. This is precisely what I am talking about.

Fox News plays some doom music, then shows you a video installment of Black Behaving Badly, and the next thing you know, you are shitting your pants.

Sad.

Typical progressive moronic response. i don't watch Fox news for one, nimrod. Where did i mention the color of the assailant? You fools always run to the race card because your arguments are shit, and you know it. I don't care what color the asshole is, moron, I care that I can no longer afford to get hit. If the asshole swinging away is white, yellow, black, brown, or green, doesn't matter one bit, what matters is he is trying to harm me for no reason but his personal entertainment.

I'm not a side show attraction.

Nobody is asking teachers to be Rambo's. If a teacher is locked down in his classroom with his students and the shooter breaks in, at least he stands a chance and yes, it would be an element of surprise. The shooter might pass his room where he is able to be behind the shooter and take him down that way.

If you had children in school in such a situation, would you rather your children be with a teacher that is armed or a teacher that's just going to die with the rest of the kids?

The shooter is there to get as many in the hall as they can and plenty of kids panic and race into the halls. The shooter isn't going to take the time to break down a locked door to get to a few kids when he has plenty to choose from in the halls. The teachers who were killed chose to open the door for some of the students in the hall to come into the rooms.

The gunman in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown has been identified as Adam Lanza. He is also dead, officials said. A senior law enforcement official tells NBC 4 New York that an unidentified woman has also been found dead, shot in the face, at a Newtown home, bringing the death toll to 28. The woman may be Lanza's mother, sources say.

State police said the shooting was confined to two rooms at the school, and that the casualties included 20 children and six adults. Two guns were recovered inside the school, and another outside in a car, officials said. Two law enforcement officials said the weapons were legally purchased and registered to Lanza's mother.

20 Children Among 27 Dead in School Shooting
The doors were closed, but not locked so that he would have had to break them down.....big difference.

It also shows that your assumption that shooters only aim at people in the school hallways is false. In other words, Lanza specifically targeted classrooms, and had one of those teachers had access to a firearm, they could have been prepared for when Lanza left the previous classroom.

He still had a fast firing firearm and who do you think he would shoot first ehwn he saw the teacher with the gun in their hand! Christ on a cracker! Use some logic here would you?

Who the fuck cares you idiot. Those teachers died bravely defending their students because you assholes denied them the ability to defend themselves. The sheer stupidity of your position is amazing.

And they have a hand gun which is a real defense against an AR-15, huh? And so far, how many of those armed teachers have had to be in an actual shoot out with someone with an AR-15, which seems to be the weapon of choice for mass shooters.

ETA: Very few, if any would face that kind of gunman if the truth be known. And neither would any of you here either no matter how much you puff yourselves up and imagine yourselves as the hero who goes in and saves the day. You'd be as dead as a door nail when the shooter saw the gun in your hand.

Thanks for the advice. I'll start carrying an AR-15 from now on, instead.

Gonna need to get a longer coat though.
That won't make your dick get any bigger, so don't waste your money.

My dick is plenty big enough and I'm not "compensating" by carrying a firearm. If I could reach out to a hundred yards and smack some idiot criminal upside the head with my dick, I wouldn't need a gun. So I carry one because..

1. Because I can.

2. Because I do.

3. Because I will.

4 Because there isn't one single thing you have to say about it.

5. Because there isn't a single thing you can do about it.

6. Because GFY.
I don't give two shits if you carry a gun or not, trust me. Or, if you have pepper spray or a knife. What I do find funny is how you think you need to arm yourself so much in your paranoid mind. If you ever came up against a 6'4" black man who was hell bent on harming you, all of that would be useless because he would snap you in two before you even knew what was happening. and if you ever came up on an actual shooter, you'd probably pee in your pants while trying to find a place to hide. False bravado is just that...false here on the internet, and much different in real life. People like you fancy themselves as heroes and concoct all kinds of scenarios in their minds as to what they would do, but if the actual situation arose, would react so totally different. But keep up your fantasy if that's what gets you though the day and night.

You'll pee your pants a lot harder knowing you're going to die and are totally defenseless.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that fantasy. If someone was firing a rapid firearm at you, your little gun would really take them down, huh? SURRRE!

Nobody is asking teachers to be Rambo's. If a teacher is locked down in his classroom with his students and the shooter breaks in, at least he stands a chance and yes, it would be an element of surprise. The shooter might pass his room where he is able to be behind the shooter and take him down that way.

If you had children in school in such a situation, would you rather your children be with a teacher that is armed or a teacher that's just going to die with the rest of the kids?

The shooter is there to get as many in the hall as they can and plenty of kids panic and race into the halls. The shooter isn't going to take the time to break down a locked door to get to a few kids when he has plenty to choose from in the halls. The teachers who were killed chose to open the door for some of the students in the hall to come into the rooms.

The gunman in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown has been identified as Adam Lanza. He is also dead, officials said. A senior law enforcement official tells NBC 4 New York that an unidentified woman has also been found dead, shot in the face, at a Newtown home, bringing the death toll to 28. The woman may be Lanza's mother, sources say.

State police said the shooting was confined to two rooms at the school, and that the casualties included 20 children and six adults. Two guns were recovered inside the school, and another outside in a car, officials said. Two law enforcement officials said the weapons were legally purchased and registered to Lanza's mother.

The doors were closed, but not locked so that he would have had to break them down.....big difference.

It also shows that your assumption that shooters only aim at people in the school hallways is false. In other words, Lanza specifically targeted classrooms, and had one of those teachers had access to a firearm, they could have been prepared for when Lanza left the previous classroom.

He still had a fast firing firearm and who do you think he would shoot first ehwn he saw the teacher with the gun in their hand! Christ on a cracker! Use some logic here would you?

The first thing you need to know about self-defense with a firearm is not to confront a shooter unless you absolutely have no choice. You wait until you have him by surprise before you do anything.

The scenario in your mind is what has you confused. If an active shooter is in the school, a teacher is not going to beat his chest with both fists, turn green and start swinging from the ceiling lights like a super hero. That's not what we are talking about here.

I have the legal right to go topless in public, but I don't do that either. I have the legal right to get an abortion, but I've never done that either. There are all kinds of legal rights that I have, but I have chosen not to exercise. Why do you feel the need to exercise this right?

Because when the asshole is attacking you the cops are at least 5 minutes away. I am old, and i can no longer fight. I get broken, I stay broken. So, if a asshole tries to play the knockout game with me he gets a nice lead enema.

I have a different problem. I am old and can't put someone down gently anymore. If a person physically goes for it, I have to put them down hard. And I still get 6 months in the county lockup. It's more humane to just pull the weapon and tell them to stand down rather than cripple them if there is time to render the weapon. If it's more than one then I agree with your initial action.

Watch the videos, the assholes playing the knockout game are subtle, they get close before they launch their attack. I can draw and shoot them far faster than I can try and talk them out of attacking me. So i will. Not because I want to, but because i have to. They leave themselves no time to be talked to.

Fox News plays some doom music, then shows you a video installment of Black Behaving Badly, and the next thing you know, you are shitting your pants.

Sad.

Typical progressive moronic response. i don't watch Fox news for one, nimrod. Where did i mention the color of the assailant? You fools always run to the race card because your arguments are shit, and you know it. I don't care what color the asshole is, moron, I care that I can no longer afford to get hit. If the asshole swinging away is white, yellow, black, brown, or green, doesn't matter one bit, what matters is he is trying to harm me for no reason but his personal entertainment.

"Watch the videos".

Your words. You feed your disease.

I can guarantee every knock out game video you have seen is a video installment of Blacks Behaving Badly. Whether its Fox News, or Breitbart, or whatever pseudocon propagandist to which you subscribe.

I run across tards like you at every gun show. You have mental fantasies of being able to blast some negroes or homos or Mexicans. You don't fool me. I know your type.

My dick is plenty big enough and I'm not "compensating" by carrying a firearm. If I could reach out to a hundred yards and smack some idiot criminal upside the head with my dick, I wouldn't need a gun. So I carry one because..

1. Because I can.

2. Because I do.

3. Because I will.

6. Because GFY.
I don't give two shits if you carry a gun or not, trust me. Or, if you have pepper spray or a knife. What I do find funny is how you think you need to arm yourself so much in your paranoid mind. If you ever came up against a 6'4" black man who was hell bent on harming you, all of that would be useless because he would snap you in two before you even knew what was happening. and if you ever came up on an actual shooter, you'd probably pee in your pants while trying to find a place to hide. False bravado is just that...false here on the internet, and much different in real life. People like you fancy themselves as heroes and concoct all kinds of scenarios in their minds as to what they would do, but if the actual situation arose, would react so totally different. But keep up your fantasy if that's what gets you though the day and night.

You'll pee your pants a lot harder knowing you're going to die and are totally defenseless.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that fantasy. If someone was firing a rapid firearm at you, your little gun would really take them down, huh? SURRRE!

No, if somebody is shooting rapid fire at me, the first line of defense is to take cover. If cover is not available, only then do you shoot your gun back. After all, if you are out in the open, firing back is the only choice you have. If you don't have a gun and are out in the open, you're going to die no matter what you do.

1. Because I can.

2. Because I do.

3. Because I will.

6. Because GFY.

No, dunce. I'd be looking for some suitable cover so I would wait until said shithead shooter had to change magazines. My "little gun" has a 15-round magazine capacity plus one in the chamber, and two spare 15-round magazines. That's 46 rounds of 9mm goodness. If I can't stop some greenhorn idiot who doesn't know shit about firearms with 46 rounds, then I deserve to have my ass shot off.

The first thing you need to know about self-defense with a firearm is not to confront a shooter unless you absolutely have no choice. You wait until you have him by surprise before you do anything.

The scenario in your mind is what has you confused. If an active shooter is in the school, a teacher is not going to beat his chest with both fists, turn green and start swinging from the ceiling lights like a super hero. That's not what we are talking about here.
No? That's exactly what all of you seem to be talking about. You think the teacher should confront the active shooter and be able to take him down. Like I said before, he has the element of surprise on his side and therefore none of the teachers are ready for him and would have had to go for their gun only after he started to shoot. That has been proven to be a no win situation time and time again. The police stations have everyone armed and yet a gunman came in and shot up one and why? Because he had the element of surprise on his side.

1. Because I can.

2. Because I do.

3. Because I will.

6. Because GFY.

No, dunce. I'd be looking for some suitable cover so I would wait until said shithead shooter had to change magazines. My "little gun" has a 15-round magazine capacity plus one in the chamber, and two spare 15-round magazines. That's 46 rounds of 9mm goodness. If I can't stop some greenhorn idiot who doesn't know shit about firearms with 46 rounds, then I deserve to have my ass shot off.

Yeah, way to go cowboy! Let us know what and if that ever happens anywhere in reality and not in your mind, okay?

Sad.

"Watch the videos".

Your words.

I can guarantee every knock out game video you have seen is a video installment of Blacks Behaving Badly. Whether its Fox News, or Breitbart, or whatever pseudocon propagandist to which you subscribe.

I run across tards like you at every gun show. You have mental fantasies of being able to blast some negroes or homos or Mexicans. You don't fool me. I know your type.

Stop lying, clownface. You've never been to a gun show in your life. And if you really do own some firearms, they're probably some rusty old family guns that were handed down to you. They're probably gathering dust in your closet because you don't really know what caliber of ammunition to buy and have no idea what to do with them

You'll probably have a garage sale at some point, and I'll be the one who rips you of by paying you $20 apiece for them.

Clownfaced dunce.

No? That's exactly what all of you seem to be talking about. You think the teacher should confront the active shooter and be able to take him down. Like I said before, he has the element of surprise on his side and therefore none of the teachers are ready for him and would have had to go for their gun only after he started to shoot. That has been proven to be a no win situation time and time again. The police stations have everyone armed and yet a gunman came in and shot up one and why? Because he had the element of surprise on his side.

We don't expect any teacher to confront an active shooter and be a hero. What we do expect is that an armed teacher will take measures to protect their students with deadly force if he or she is confronted by the shooter with no other option available.

I'm a teacher, I hear gunfire, the first thing I do is grab my firearm and instruct kids to tilt their tables and hide behind them for shelter. In the meantime, I kneel down behind my desk to do the same. The shooter enters the room, and before he gets a chance to step in the classroom, I empty out my magazine before he has a chance to shoot back.

In most cases, that gunfire will cause the shooter to turn around and run saving the children inside of that classroom.

1. Because I can.

2. Because I do.

3. Because I will.

6. Because GFY.

No, if somebody is shooting rapid fire at me, the first line of defense is to take cover. If cover is not available, only then do you shoot your gun back. After all, if you are out in the open, firing back is the only choice you have. If you don't have a gun and are out in the open, you're going to die no matter what you do.

Never be out in the open, and never allow yourself to be in the "funnel of death." And remember, concealment is not cover. Concealment only hides your presence, but cover can stop a bullet.

Watch how law-enforcement clears a room: They always use cover, never standing out in the funnel of death.

Idiot. You don't "confront" a suicidal mass shooter. You shoot him in the chest a couple times until he no longer exists. That is not a time for negotiation or "confrontation". Something of that magnitude only requires quick and decisive action.

1. Because I can.

2. Because I do.

3. Because I will.

6. Because GFY.

Yeah, way to go cowboy! Let us know what and if that ever happens anywhere in reality and not in your mind, okay?

You'll probably be the first to know. You'll probably also thank me or someone like me, who saved your sorry-assed worthless carcass.

btw for what it's worth, crime went down in the "entertainment shopping" area near my house after armed citizens chased off one purse snatcher and got into a gun fight with another criminal.

btw for what it's worth, crime went down in the "entertainment shopping" area near my house after armed citizens chased off one purse snatcher and got into a gun fight with another criminal.

Actually there are hundreds of stories of CCW citizens saving the day. Because they usually only get local coverage, you never hear about them unless you live in the area. But an internet search reveals pages of stories just like that.

Actually there are hundreds of stories of CCW citizens saving the day. Because they usually only get local coverage, you never hear about them unless you live in the area. But an internet search reveals pages of stories just like that.

Most of the time, you don't even need to use your weapon. Criminals are notorious for being cowards and even the presence of a weapon sends them scurrying under their rock.

I travelled on business throughout Mississippi for years before this job, and customarily had my pistol in the truck with me. Legally. Never a problem. And I had a lockable toolbox bolted to the bed when I had to go into a building.

I'm also one of only two white males I know who doesn't own an AR-15 type rifle. LOL

I travelled on business throughout Mississippi for years before this job, and customarily had my pistol in the truck with me. Legally. Never a problem. And I had a lockable toolbox bolted to the bed when I had to go into a building.

I'm also one of only two white males I know who doesn't own an AR-15 type rifle. LOL

Get an AK-47 instead. AR's are so over-rated. and require much less maintenance. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back