What Kind of Person is Supporting Trump?

In an extremely well written letter to the editor in this morning's Los Angeles Times, a reader writes:

"The GOP has done this to itself. By encouraging the hateful rhetoric and anti-government vitriol of Fox News and others, the party has set the stage for Trump ..... Less educated working class whites are afraid of the demographic and cultural changes coming because it means the loss of their status as members of the preferred class. The GOP has taken advantage of this by whipping up fear and anger among them. Along comes their savior, Trump, who tells them what they want to hear.

"The monster is loose, Dr. Frankenstein. Your creature is going to kill you."

I couldn't agree more. Trump is easily on of the most annoying people I have ever seen. His arrogance and lack of humility are exceeded only by his rudeness and obvious lack of class. Can you imagine any presidential candidate in the last 60 years conducting himself the way Trump does on a daily basis? I was listening to the most recent Republican "debate" the other night. Can you imagine Dwight David Eisenhower, Jack Kennedy or, for that matter, Ronald Reagan, saying anything even close to the things that Trump is saying? Of course not.

Times have changed, you say? It's a new dawn for the conducting of presidential campaigns, you say? Hogwash. Have the standards for President of the United States changed? I don't think so. This man is so obviously the wrong person for the job it is not even funny - it's tragic.

"I'm for Trump because he's not afraid to tell it like it is!" Translation? "Trump is a bigoted asshole and so am I!" I feel sadness for all of those who purport to support this arrogant jerk. How they are unable to see beyond his obvious facade is beyond me.

I have mixed emotions about who will ultimately get the Republican nomination. My sincere hope is that it will be Trump, for obvious reasons. It will insure a Democratic victory in November.

Someone desperate for a change from politics as usual
There is positive change and negative change. The people of Germany wanted change in the 30s . Be careful what you ask for.

Liberal turds like you are always whining that Republicans are afraid of change.

If the companies don't come back they can't do business here? That's going to increase job opportunities? Milwaukee sold to a Chinese company, so the brand would be banned here? Do you think this stuff through?

That SHOULD be the way of things..... American workers of American companies making American products here in America for American consumers. THAT should be the US economic model.

If the companies don't come back they can't do business here? That's going to increase job opportunities? Milwaukee sold to a Chinese company, so the brand would be banned here? Do you think this stuff through?

That SHOULD be the way of things..... American workers of American companies making American products here in America for American consumers. THAT should be the US economic model.
We should all have unicorns to fly around on too. Meanwhile ...this isn't 1950 any more. The countries that were in no condition to compete with us have been doing so and Americans have been voting with their pocketbooks. People like to blame the businesses when their double the price item sits around and the foreign made item flies off the shelf. Businesses live in reality or they perish. The ones that are here have a depressed economy and can call the shots.

We should all have unicorns to fly around on too. Meanwhile ...this isn't 1950 any more. The countries that were in no condition to compete with us have been doing so and Americans have been voting with their pocketbooks. People like to blame the businesses when their double the price item sits around and the foreign made item flies off the shelf. Businesses live in reality or they perish. The ones that are here have a depressed economy and can call the shots.

That's why the new Administration should shut out ALL foreign companies, products and employees. I'm talking 100% economic Isolationism.

So should we grow bananas in new York? Should we do without brass because tin comes from foreign countries?

What you are proposing is called autarky, and economist explained long ago why that is the road to economic suicide.

That's why the new Administration should shut out ALL foreign companies, products and employees. I'm talking 100% economic Isolationism.

Yes, because you're an idiot.

That's worked for who?

In an extremely well written letter to the editor in this morning's Los Angeles Times, a reader writes:

"The GOP has done this to itself. By encouraging the hateful rhetoric and anti-government vitriol of Fox News and others, the party has set the stage for Trump ..... Less educated working class whites are afraid of the demographic and cultural changes coming because it means the loss of their status as members of the preferred class. The GOP has taken advantage of this by whipping up fear and anger among them. Along comes their savior, Trump, who tells them what they want to hear.

I couldn't agree more. Trump is easily on of the most annoying people I have ever seen. His arrogance and lack of humility are exceeded only by his rudeness and obvious lack of class. Can you imagine any presidential candidate in the last 60 years conducting himself the way Trump does on a daily basis? I was listening to the most recent Republican "debate" the other night. Can you imagine Dwight David Eisenhower, Jack Kennedy or, for that matter, Ronald Reagan, saying anything even close to the things that Trump is saying? Of course not.

Times have changed, you say? It's a new dawn for the conducting of presidential campaigns, you say? Hogwash. Have the standards for President of the United States changed? I don't think so. This man is so obviously the wrong person for the job it is not even funny - it's tragic.

"I'm for Trump because he's not afraid to tell it like it is!" Translation? "Trump is a bigoted asshole and so am I!" I feel sadness for all of those who purport to support this arrogant jerk. How they are unable to see beyond his obvious facade is beyond me.

I have mixed emotions about who will ultimately get the Republican nomination. My sincere hope is that it will be Trump, for obvious reasons. It will insure a Democratic victory in November.

The LA Times? In the heart of lib dumb?

What a crock, and the minority's are finding out just what these libs actually think of them.

Not a single nomination to the major categories in the Oscers. Not a single one!

They tell you they support you, then turn your back on you.

Wake up.

So your idea of an "extremely well written letter" is one that includes such far-left nonsense as this: "By encouraging the hateful rhetoric and anti-government vitriol of Fox News and others, the party has set the stage for Trump."

Now, I've watched Fox News for years, and have never, ever seen anything "hateful" or that constituted "anti-government vitriol."

Although, gee, what kind of rhetoric is called for when describing what the VA has done to our vets? Hey?

What if your employer is making all the profits and stops giving you raises every year for 30 years?

In a good economy you could go somewhere else but the competition arguments don't cut it when we have the market flooded with workers.

I went to lunch with my pharmaceutical rep buddy yesterday. He is just happy he survived all the cuts after the bush recession. This isn't the kind of economy where you can just go to another pharma company. Then you'll have to move. Long story short is in this post 90s economy, people are stuck where they are and just glad to be working. No one has leverage to ask for a raise.

This is why trumps popular. He admits you sent too many jobs overseas
Employers make all the profits because that's why they have the business. Your pay comes from the profits. How does that confuse you? Off shore work is done because of the high costs here. What I don't get is why someone with little to no knowledge shares the misinformation so freely, it's like a self flagulation or something.

How do we get an economy where the worker can leave to go get a better wage elsewhere?
Reagan showed the country how long ago. I served businesses and there were new ones popping up every day. Sometimes the best way to get a pay raise it to start your own business.

I have a good friend who married a guy with a good job at a factory.

Shortly there after he lost that job.

THis guy is not a bad guy but he is not the guy to go out start his own business.

He now has a crappy job.

This has really fucked up the lives of these two people.

Yes. Some of it reflects their personal shortcomings. THat's true.

That does not mean that they are not American citizens and their their interests should not be considered in making economic policy.
Who said they were bad or not American? Their station in life will not improve until the economy improves and employers will pay more for good help and pay to keep them, and will have more money to do it. The economy won't improve until government gets off the backs of business, especially small business.
But corporations are sitting on record profits, giving ceo's mega bonus' and at the same time they aren't giving their employees raises

The LA Times? In the heart of lib dumb?

What a crock, and the minority's are finding out just what these libs actually think of them.

Not a single nomination to the major categories in the Oscers. Not a single one!

They tell you they support you, then turn your back on you.

Wake up.
What, and become conservative Republicans?

So your idea of an "extremely well written letter" is one that includes such far-left nonsense as this: "By encouraging the hateful rhetoric and anti-government vitriol of Fox News and others, the party has set the stage for Trump."

Now, I've watched Fox News for years, and have never, ever seen anything "hateful" or that constituted "anti-government vitriol."

Although, gee, what kind of rhetoric is called for when describing what the VA has done to our vets? Hey?
Not only is that not well written, it isn't even original. I think every leftwing propaganda organ on the internet and every leftwing douche commentator on TV has said almost exactly the same thing.

So should we grow bananas in new York? Should we do without brass because tin comes from foreign countries?

I was actually thinking Puerto Rico and Hawaii, but that's only if we decide we really NEED bananas. Our economy should be about our NEEDS not our wants and desires. If we NEED it and we don't have it, we get the USMC (and others) to acquire it for us.

Then they shouldn't have been voting Republican all these years or not show up to midterms.

Will Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell go along? If we are voting out Republican establishment candidates, let's do it in the Senate and house too.

If Democrats fight trump they will pay. Republicans won't pay for obstructing because their conservative constituents want them to.

Id be more open to trump if the dems took back the senate

THe Dems have and still support the Trade and Immigration policies that have been driving Middle Class stagnation, so that's not a reason to support dems.
Agree. Hopefully Bernie and trump will move the politicians to stop.

Remember politicians aren't leaders. They do whatever voters tell them what to do, until the lobbyists tell them to do otherwise.

For example we wanted healthcare reform but instead they let the insurance giants write the law mandating everyone has to buy their expensive product.

I'm just glad America is trying to fix these problems I've been complaining about for years. Remember us liberals have been complaining about illegals bringing down wages for years. Unions warned about NAFTA.

Glad America is moving left

REally? Other than you all the libs I talk to say illegals DON'T bring down wages.
For the record, I'm completely OK with manufacturing jobs coming home and moving to the States that offer the lowest taxes and minimum wage. But corporations have to pay federal taxes. We do have a military that defends them abroad so the French can drink Coca-Cola. Their trucks tear up our roads. They use our court system the most. Etc
Where do you get your information beyond the cartoon shows? Corporations use most of the court time? When you order something online or buy it at a store, how do you suppose it got there? The roads didn't benefit you?
I pay sales tax. Middle class people are taxed too much not corporations and the rich.

You say we should pay more so the rich can create more jobs, but they're just sitting on it.

So your entire premise they are over burdened by taxes is a lie

I was actually thinking Puerto Rico and Hawaii, but that's only if we decide we really NEED bananas. Our economy should be about our NEEDS not our wants and desires. If we NEED it and we don't have it, we get the USMC (and others) to acquire it for us.

Please, spare me from your utopia. I like eating bananas. I don't need some Kommisar deciding what I need.

The religious right are supporting trump now because he stands a chance of winning. They don't seem to care if he's a racist. They only care about electability. No sense in endorsing huckabee if he can't win.

And Christie backs trump. Does this confirm the GOP is the racist party?

There isn't a shred of evidence that Trump is a racist. That's a meme that Democrats have pulled out in every election.
No but republican policies are racist.

Which Republican policies are racist?
Any of them that keep wages down or defunds safety nets that help cities with high crime and poverty

So the Democrat policy of flooding this country with cheap foreign labor is racist?

BTW, welfare creates crime. It doesn't reduce crime.
Don't act like Republicans were against legal or illegal immigration. Republicans are good at flip flops

Then people would buy much less because items would be much more expensive.

We as a nation have made our choice. We want cheap products and we don't care where they are made. Until you convince this majority that they are wrong, it's going to stay that way.

Forum List

Back