What Legislation Do We Need to get Work Refusniks off the Couch?

Man of Ethics

i said able-bodied, which would mean mental or physical. I am talking about healthy people who refuse to take a job, for months on end, and Instead happily take rent assistance and other welfare benefits paid for by taxpayers.

Society has a duty to support disabled people. They also have a Right to Life!
This thread isn’t about disabled people. It’s about able-bodied people who are taking money from taxpayers toward their rent and food while refusing to take a job.

Still no one has pointed out where I can sign up for all these give away programs.

Man of Ethics

i said able-bodied, which would mean mental or physical. I am talking about healthy people who refuse to take a job, for months on end, and Instead happily take rent assistance and other welfare benefits paid for by taxpayers.
And who are these people?

I mean beyond figments of your imagination.

There may have been a grain of truth in your whine A YEAR ago. But no longer.

People have RETIRED EARLY

Still no one has pointed out where I can sign up for all these give away programs.
Many years ago, a minority in a conversation told others that there is money if you know where to look for it. So, there are men and women who do. It is normal for humans to do this once they get past guilt and shame. And that is a just a transparent wall that is breached.

Many years ago, a minority in a conversation told others that there is money if you know where to look for it. So, there are men and women who do. It is normal for humans to do this once they get past guilt and shame. And that is a just a transparent wall that is breached.

I see, it's some secret club.

I’ve often said that what is missing now is a sense of shame. My grandparents didn’t take a penny of Relief because they didn’t want to be charity cases. They took pride knowing they were supporting themselves.

I’ve often said that what is missing now is a sense of shame. My grandparents didn’t take a penny of Relief because they didn’t want to be charity cases. They took pride knowing they were supporting themselves.

Your grandparents weren't on the hook for bailing out the banks and auto dealers.

One idiot says something completely stupid and you jump on an act like it was a credible claim.

Moronic

I see, it's some secret club.
You may have to ask the lady who spouted it. There are parts of the nation with an economy within an economy. I went to a community college for a semester and there were minorities there who took money from the government and went to a minimum number of classes and repeated the process. They received checks but the education was secondary and of no concern. This was in the late 1970's. Perhaps earnings income played a role.

That would bring us to where we are now: should taxpayers be responsible to pay for the advanced education of others? Of course I'm relating this to the college loan vote buying.
Having a more educated workforce helps us all

We should incentivize employers to contribute more to the education of their workers and paying off their loans

Your grandparents weren't on the hook for bailing out the banks and auto dealers.
What does that have to do with anything? I was talking about how people have no SHAME accepting other people’s money to support themselves. It used to be considered a LAST RESORT to accept charity, and people did whatever they could to avoid it - take in lodgers, bring home sewing, live in a place where the bathroom was shared with other tenants, etc.

Now, liberals have instilled such a sense of entitlement that 30-year-olds feel it is an acceptable choice to take welfare than take a job.

You may have to ask the lady who spouted it.

I did. I guess I didn't use the secret knock to get an answer.

There are parts of the nation with an economy within an economy. I went to a community college for a semester and there were minorities there who took money from the government and went to a minimum number of classes and repeated the process. They received checks but the education was secondary and of no concern. This was in the late 1970's. Perhaps earnings income played a role.

By the tone of the replies here, many people wasted their education.

What does that have to do with anything? I was talking about how people have no SHAME accepting other people’s money to support themselves.

Like GM, the banks and corporate farms?

It used to be considered a LAST RESORT to accept charity, and people did whatever they could to avoid it - take in lodgers, bring home sewing, live in a place where the bathroom was shared with other tenants, etc.

Now, liberals have instilled such a sense of entitlement that 30-year-olds feel it is an acceptable choice to take welfare than take a job.

Still waiting for your reply as to where I can sign up.

I did. I guess I didn't use the secret knock to get an answer.

By the tone of the replies here, many people wasted their education.
I worked with people who admitted it. Nothing was done. Just like Block Captains and Community Organizers who were first in line for the trickle-down crumbs. There are people who do have concerns in those fields and are legitimate. But many are not. The education in many areas is low and then there a percentage where it is almost to the early grades level. This to go along with men and women who achieved a proper education. Not an easy thing. As a Prog everything is promoted as rainbows and unicorns from your side. There is no dirt. No dishonesty. no stealing or graft or corruption or abuses ostensibly to a system set up to help. It exists.

I worked with people who admitted it. Nothing was done. Just like Block Captains and Community Organizers who were first in line for the trickle-down crumbs. There are people who do have concerns in those fields and are legitimate. But many are not. The education in many areas is low and then there a percentage where it is almost to the early grades level. This to go along with men and women who achieved a proper education. Not an easy thing. As a Prog everything is promoted as rainbows and unicorns from your side. There is no dirt. No dishonesty. no stealing or graft or corruption or abuses ostensibly to a system set up to help. It exists.

They get barely enough while the markets get billions. Oddly it seems for many (like yourself) the only problem is with those just scraping by.

Like GM, the banks and corporate farms?
Most of that has been paid back. Why am I am helping pay for a 30-year-old’s apartment when he refuses to take a job? Shouldn’t a young man be ASHAMED that retirees on fixed incomes are covering his rent while he lazes on the sofa all day, watching TV?
Still waiting for your reply as to where I can sign up.
They vary by county. If you live in a normal area, they may not be as readily available. If you live in an area run by liberals on inflated government salaries and pensions, then you could get all sorts of benefits if your income was low or non-existent.

Forum List

Back