What Legislation Do We Need to get Work Refusniks off the Couch?

I blame a lot of this entitled “jobs are beneath me” attitude of young adults on their parents.

We kids started earning our own money by 11 or 12 by babysitting, mowing lawns, shoveling driveways, whatever. NO job was unacceptable (as long as it was safe), and by 16, I had a daily part-time job after school and of course full-time during summers.

Nowadays, the affluent parents in my neighborhood have convinced their teenagers that shoveling snow is “manual labor” that is beneath them, and the teenage boys in the subsidized housing a few blocks away don’t want to shovel either, since “the government provides.”

Parents need to start DEMANDING that their teenagers get jobs - and get them accustomed to the idea that working is what responsible adults do in a functioning society.
The problem is the cost of everything has far exceeded what we see as exorbitant salaries.
Many tech companies do not provide health benefits.

Last edited:
I agree with you in that graduates making 100K/year cannot afford rent when they have to be within traveling distance of their employment.
My community has parents helping their children pay rent and not all parents can afford that.

The problem for recent grads is that starting salaries are not that great and they are saddled with tens of thousands of dollars in debt.

Making it worse is the high cost of renting or buying a home

Unlike the lies coming out of Lisa, they are not on welfare

We are not excusing it, we are calling you a liar

I do see young people living with their parents due to the high cost of housing.
I don’t see them collecting welfare

You are making that up
No I’m not. You’re just doing the liberal thing - calling someone a liar when you can’t defend the awful liberal nonsense.

The problem for recent grads is that starting salaries are not that great and they are saddled with tens of thousands of dollars in debt.

Making it worse is the high cost of renting or buying a home

Unlike the lies coming out of Lisa, they are not on welfare
I know lots of graduates making 80K/year to start.
They get no benefits and those who rent out their apartments or houses know what the graduates earn and soak them for it.

You started the ad hominems.
We already know you hate Trump and ignore everything he did to make life better for all US citizens.

He made your local Home Depot have empty parking lots. Good for the both of you.

No I’m not. You’re just doing the liberal thing - calling someone a liar when you can’t defend the awful liberal nonsense.

All you have to do is post these programs you are condemning.

He made your local Home Depot have empty parking lots. Good for the both of you.
You are referring to the GLOBAL phenomenon known as COVID which is still ravaging the poor of Eastern Hemisphere and the poor of South of the Border.
Feel free to post out of context information.
15 Democrat MDs in Congress and not one said a word because they wanted Trump to take a fall.

I have to PAY for the other people, you idiot liberal!

Are you saying people who work (or worked, If retired) should just fork over more of their money for lazy-ass 30-year-olds who won’t take a job - and STFU up about it?

Thats the problem with you moronic liberals: you want to redistribute money from the productive who earned it to the lazy non-productive, and we are supposed to not complain about it.
You ain’t paying for shit.

Do you honestly think you’d pay a dime less if everything you whine about were gone?

If you do you’re a dope

You are referring to the GLOBAL phenomenon known as COVID which is still ravaging the poor of Eastern Hemisphere and the poor of South of the Border.
Feel free to post out of context information.
15 Democrat MDs in Congress and not one said a word because they wanted Trump to take a fall.

It never actually came here because Trump said it was under control and not coming here so we have to move on from blaming Covid I suppose.

I agree with you in that graduates making 100K/year cannot afford rent when they have to be within traveling distance of their employment.
My community has parents helping their children pay rent and not all parents can afford that.
I disagree with that. I was earning far less than $100k and couldn‘t afford to live IN the city. I had to live in the outskirts, and walk 15 minutes to the bus stop, then take the bus to the train, and then take the train downtown. Took me 90 minutes each way, which was a pain, but my parents taught me that I wasn’t ENTITLED to live in Arlington of Bethesda, and had to live where I could afford.

That was the same with ALL of us from that generation. Parents didn’t help pay our rents. We lived out in Wheaton or Germantown or whatever other working class area we could afford, shared apartments or rented in a group house, and commuted in to our jobs.

Again, parents are instilling a sense of entitlement in their kids these days if they are communicating to them that doing the above is “beneath” them.

It never actually came here because Trump said it was under control and not coming here so we have to move on from blaming Covid I suppose.
It was already here and your 15 Democrat MDs in Congress and Andrew Cuomo are responsible for the deaths of over 1,000,000 people, but you are too mentally ill to admit it.

I disagree with that. I was earning far less than $100k and couldn‘t afford to live IN the city. I had to live in the outskirts, and walk 15 minutes to the bus stop, then take the bus to the train, and then take the train downtown. Took me 90 minutes each way, which was a pain, but my parents taught me that I wasn’t ENTITLED to live in Arlington of Bethesda, and had to live where I could afford.

That was the same with ALL of us from that generation. Parents didn’t help lay our rents. We lived out in Wheaton or Germantown or whatever other working class area we could afford, shared apartments or rented in a group house, and commuted in to our jobs.

Again, parents are instilling a sense of entitlement in their kids these days if they are communication to them that doing the above is “beneath” them.
You may disagree but I have seen the disparity between salaries and cost of living in since Reagan and it's ridiculous.

It was already here and your 15 Democrat MDs in Congress and Andrew Cuomo are responsible for the deaths of over 1,000,000 people, but you are too mentally ill to admit it.
Yeah, leave the GOP out of this even though they supplied the catalyst for the whole show.

That was the same with ALL of us from that generation. Parents didn’t help pay our rents. We lived out in Wheaton or Germantown or whatever other working class area we could afford, shared apartments or rented in a group house, and commuted in to our jobs.

Again, parents are instilling a sense of entitlement in their kids these days if they are communicating to them that doing the above is “beneath” them.
Your every post REEKS of an entitlement you think you deserve

I simply bought a USDA/FMHA home from Uncle Ronny in 1986.

Forum List

Back