What should happen to Pfc. Bradley Manning?

Jesus said this...

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:24)

Jesus said it is inevitable that wars will continue until He returns (Mark 13:7-8)

He did not oppose earthly governments or their right to maintain armies (Matthew 8:5-10).

Other New Testament passages accept the necessity of maintaining armies and the worthiness of military occupations (Luke 3:14, Acts 10:1-6)

wow, that jesus sounds like mohammed.

Jesus said it is inevitable that wars will continue until He returns (Mark 13:7-8)

He did not oppose earthly governments or their right to maintain armies (Matthew 8:5-10).

Other New Testament passages accept the necessity of maintaining armies and the worthiness of military occupations (Luke 3:14, Acts 10:1-6)
^ lifted without citing from a site like this:
What does the Bible say about war?

I was citing the Bible you retard!

nope, you were not.

did you read the actual bible verses?

Just before that, though, John the Baptist says, in answer to questions about what God demands:

‘If anyone has two coats give one coat to somebody who has none. He must share his food as well’.

'must' being the key word there.

Yeah. Charity on an individual level.

No mention of government forcibly taking food and coats from one to give to another.

Where in the Bible does it say "Blessed be the thief who forces a man who won't share into following the Bible's admonition to share".

A genuinely good Christian wouldn't need to be forced. Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's;

if Caesar is using some of your money to feed the poor, or otherwise help them,

then your Christian duty has been performed.

Just before that, though, John the Baptist says, in answer to questions about what God demands:

‘If anyone has two coats give one coat to somebody who has none. He must share his food as well’.

No mention of government forcibly taking food and coats from one to give to another.

Religion is a government; God is your king. He demands you give to the poor.

Nothing should happen to Manning. this is no different that the Pentagon Papers Scandal from the Vietnam era. Manning is no different than Daniel Ellsberg
US whistleblowing scandal finale: Vietnam War papers released — RT

It's far different.

The Pentagon Papers was clear treason. Ellsberg was a Soviet spy working on behalf of the enemy for the purpose of defeating the United States.

Manning is just a guy who was outraged by the coverups in our "war on terror."

Religion is a government; God is your king. He demands you give to the poor.

Government is your religion.

The Government's Prayer

Our Government in D.C.,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come
Thy mandate be done
On flyover country as it is in the coasts.
Give us this month our monthly check,
And audit us our trespasses,
As we file suit against those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into liberty,
But deliver us from ourselves.
For thine is the oligarchy,
And the power, and the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.

wow, that jesus sounds like mohammed.

^ lifted without citing from a site like this:
What does the Bible say about war?

nope, you were not.

Yes I did.

The New Testament doesn't give any direct teachings about war. But it doesn't say man should not protect or defend himself.

Luke 22:36

36 And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

nope, you were not.

Yes I did.

The New Testament doesn't give any direct teachings about war. But it doesn't say man should not protect or defend himself.

36 And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

surely there is something in the bible about lying and how you should like totally not do it.

nope, you were not.

Yes I did.

surely there is something in the bible about lying and how you should like totally not do it.

Actually there is. Thou shall not bear false witness. It's one of the ten commandments.

Had you read the Bible you would have known this.

Yes I did.

Actually there is. Thou shall not bear false witness. It's one of the ten commandments.

Had you read the Bible you would have known this.

i can learn so much from you.

sadly no.

why do you try to paint jesus as a sword-wielding/swallowing warrior-killer, when usually this is only done with mohammed?

The Revelation is attributed to John. I didn't write it - shit, I don't even believe in god.

The concept of God returning in the clouds with a host of angels to fight Satan and his demons is a bit different than the warlord Muhammad raping and murdering for the glory of Allah - even a leftist should be able to grasp this.

Forum List

Back