What should happen to Pfc. Bradley Manning?

the situations are not even close. Manning was a military op. He was put in a position of trust. Probably took an oath and signed papers that he would not reveal what he knew
I had a high security clearance and I had to sign papers I would not reveal what i knew

Ellsburg was a reporter

How is the bolded different from Darrell Issa?

Elected officials don't have clearances. They are not required to go through even a secret clearance investigation.

Once a clearance is granted (which elected officials have no need to do), there is the SF-312/SF-189 indicating that you understand that you are NEVER to disclose confidential information...ever...under penalty of law. Federal crime to do so.

That's not a trivial difference.
Are you saying that Darryl Issa had access to classified intelligence but did not have clearance to see that intel?

How is the bolded different from Darrell Issa?

Elected officials don't have clearances. They are not required to go through even a secret clearance investigation.

Once a clearance is granted (which elected officials have no need to do), there is the SF-312/SF-189 indicating that you understand that you are NEVER to disclose confidential information...ever...under penalty of law. Federal crime to do so.

That's not a trivial difference.
Are you saying that Darryl Issa had access to classified intelligence but did not have clearance to see that intel?

Yup.

Obama doesn't have a clearance, either. :eusa_shhh: Not that he would get one, anyway. Nor Issa. Nor any of those elected schmucks.

So the consensus is that Manning should get the Nathan Hale treatment?

hung-man.jpg

So reporting a crime, is now illegal?

I suppose you'd prosecute German's, if they went public about the Holocaust?

You people make me sick!

And most of all, you have no clue what it means to be an American, or what principles, this country was founded on.

For those who don't know Pfc. Bradley Manning is the guy who gave Wikileaks all those documents and Wikileaks released them to the world.

By law, the United States can seek the death penalty for this act but choose not to.

Just wondering what you all think should happen to the guy.

Treated like any other whistle-blower

Well, it's still not illegal to report a crime.

Now what, Einstein?
Then why is Manning in jail?

How can anyone see that video "collateral murder" and think it should not be reported?
He is in jail for violating USC Title 18 Part 1 Chapter 37 Section 798, for starters.
The US Constitution, trumps US law.

Convention (IV) relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War. Geneva, 12 August 1949.

Art. 3. In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each Party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

(1) Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:
(a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;

(b) taking of hostages;
(c) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment;
(d) the passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.
And since Congress ratified this treaty in 1955...

...it carry's the same weight as the Constitution.

Then why is Manning in jail?

How can anyone see that video "collateral murder" and think it should not be reported?
He is in jail for violating USC Title 18 Part 1 Chapter 37 Section 798, for starters.
The US Constitution, trumps US law.

Convention (IV) relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War. Geneva, 12 August 1949.

Art. 3. In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each Party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

(1) Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:
(a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;

(b) taking of hostages;
(c) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment;
(d) the passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.
And since Congress ratified this treaty in 1955...

...it carry's the same weight as the Constitution.
While the US Constitution is the Supreme Law of the land, the constitutionality of USC Title 18 Part 1 Chapter 37 Section 798 has been upheld as constitutional numerous times.

Bzzzzzzzzt. Try again.

I really hate bullshit Christians who think they can be for God and for war, at the same time. It doesn't work that way. You either choose God, or you choose war. You can't have both. You cannot have a gun in one hand and a bible in the other.

If you're going to be making excuses for cold blooded murder, don't be quoting scripture to me, you fuckin' hypocrite! You don't know the first thing about Christ. If you think I'm wrong, then answer this question...

<b>
"How would Jesus have bombed Fallujah?"​
</b>

•The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name. (Exodus 15:3)

•For there fell down many slain, because the war was of God. And they dwelt in their steads until the captivity. (1 Chronicles 5:22)

•There is… a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. (Ecclesiastes 3:8)

anything from the new testament, maybe?

Yeah. Try Rev 14 for one.

While the US Constitution is the Supreme Law of the land, the constitutionality of USC Title 18 Part 1 Chapter 37 Section 798 has been upheld as constitutional numerous times.

Bzzzzzzzzt. Try again.
I didn't say the law wasn't Constitutional.

How many of those 798 involved the US committing "crimes against humanity"?

•The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name. (Exodus 15:3)

•For there fell down many slain, because the war was of God. And they dwelt in their steads until the captivity. (1 Chronicles 5:22)

•There is… a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. (Ecclesiastes 3:8)
Vengence is HIS, not yours!

Hey dumbass, try actually reading the bible before making comments on it. You wouldn't look like such an ignorant dumbass if you did this.
Ecc 3:
vs1To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:
vs3 A time to kill, And a time to heal;
vs8 A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace.

As for cold blooded murder, here's some FYI for you boy. Capital punishment for treason is not murder, it's justice, and the bible is quite clear on the use of Capital Punishment.

Now as for what Jesus would do? You've proven once again that you've never read the bible. Try reading Rev 14 starting at about vs 14. Then get back to me ok.
What part of "thou shall not kill" don't you understand, fuckhead!

You believe God thinks its okay for you to kill, what HE's created?

That the Creator of life, thinks it's okay for you to create death?

You're a lot closer to satan, than you are to God.

Forum List

Back