What The Hell Does A Normal American Need An Army Assault Weapon For.....Target Practice?

Results of 1994 to 2004 BAN ON ASSAULT WEAPONS. (Assault Weapon, a description that does not exist in the real world)

Studies on effectiveness of the legislation

The Task Force on Community Preventive Services, an independent, non-federal task force, examined an assortment of firearms laws, including the AWB, and found "insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws reviewed for preventing violence."[25] A 2004 critical review of firearms research by a National Research Council committee said that an academic study of the assault weapon ban "did not reveal any clear impacts on gun violence outcomes." The committee noted that the study's authors said the guns were used criminally with relative rarity before the ban and that its maximum potential effect on gun violence outcomes would be very small

WE THE PEOPLE need not explain the reasonableness of exercising an ABSOLUTE INALIENABLE RIGHT

Dear Contumacious We need to educate the public and establish what it means to have inalienable rights.
Or else this insane legal and party system will continue soliciting money from unaware citizens by promising
to lobby for laws that take away rights unconstitutionally. They couldn't get away with that if people agree on these laws instead of treating them as optional and arbitrary.

This idea of the NRA governing the types of weapons available in gun shops is rank bull shit! Why is it that we're the only industrialized nation in the world which feels the necessity of a ordinary citizen to go armed with a killing machine?
No rifle any civilian can buy is a military grade weapon

One more half-truth. See:

New trigger makes AR-15s nearly full auto

If your erection lasts more than four hours after watching this video, please see a doctor.

nearly fully auto isn't fully auto so still mot military spec.

FYI I do not own an Ar 15 I just don't care for them. For that caliber rifle I prefer my Mini 14

SO now how do you reconcile that a second amendment supporter like me doesn't own even one AR 15 ?

'Need' is relative. A sense of insecurity is, too. When one's self image is shaky, a serious looking weapon that impresses the other boys might compensate.
Any auto-load hunting rifle is just as deadly, but that wooden stock and checkered grip! Not manly enough.

'Need' is relative. A sense of insecurity is, too. When one's self image is shaky, a serious looking weapon that impresses the other boys might compensate.
Any auto-load hunting rifle is just as deadly, but that wooden stock and checkered grip! Not manly enough.

It's called penis envy. All these guys with 5 inch dicks buy a big automatic weapon so that if anyone ever discovers their equipment they can kill them.

It's called penis envy. All these guys with 5 inch dicks buy a big automatic weapon so that if anyone ever discovers their equipment they can kill them.

What is it with you and your juvenile fascination with penises?

I have a nice one......want to feel of it?

180795_600.jpg
SiersK20160617_low.jpg

I'm surprised it took this long before it got to the "teh gunz are teh weenies!!!! fuh fuh fuh" stage.

No thanks besides it seems that you can't let it go and I would not want to deprive you of the only pleasure you seem to have

No thanks besides it seems that you can't let it go and I would not want to deprive you of the only pleasure you seem to have

mating-sex-male-elefant-erect-penis-erection-south-africa-safari-evolved-CPC5M1.jpg

[Q

Because the BAR and lemons (frag grenades) actually are "assault weapons"...the AR-15 is a plinker/deer rifle.

Just remember that Obama's little Muslim terrorist boy achieved a less than a 50% kill rate at close quarters in a place that was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Really? The worst mass shooting in history and you say something stupid like that?

Well, he's right. The guy was much less effective than he could have been, under the circumstances, presumably because instead of doing all the things you leftists are terrified that someone with an "assault weapon" could do - most of which they can't - he was busy calling the cops to make announcements and posting to social media.

And he STILL killed way more people than he would have if you leftists hadn't created a target-rich environment full of helpless prey in your vain hopes that criminals and terrorists will respect the words "gun-free zone".

This idea of the NRA governing the types of weapons available in gun shops is rank bull shit! Why is it that we're the only industrialized nation in the world which feels the necessity of a ordinary citizen to go armed with a killing machine?

They should not be able to. Look at the carnage at Orlando, nobody should be able to own one.

Yes, because terrorists will just shrug and go, "Oh, we can't get rifles, let's just start a bridge club instead". The murderous intent is due only to the weapons.

Moron.

They might get caught trying to buy guns illegally.

FBI thwarts mass shooting at Milwaukee Masonic center

You prefer Orlando over Milwaukee?

Seriously? Your plan is "Let's disarm all the law-abiding people and leave them defenseless, so that we can HOPE that MAYBE violent would-be mass murderers will get caught buying illegal guns"? THIS is what passes for a logical policy on the left?

Let me put it this way: Australia instituted a massive gun ban back in the late 90s. Then they organized ANOTHER gun buyback in 2008, after a mentally ill man opened fire (with a gun that had been banned) in a public place, and they got 50,000 guns that had been made illegal in their initial gun ban. On the whole, I'm going to say that the gun ban didn't work very well, AND the plan of "that way, we can catch them when they buy illegal guns" ALSO was a spectacularly epic fail.

But perhaps that's just me.

I would ban big cap magazines. That doesn't leave anyone defenseless.

Australia doesn't have a mass shooting problem...

First, Australia DOESN'T REPORT their problems. Second, I don't recall asking you for your fucking wish list of freedoms you wish to grab away from people. Please do me the courtesy of waiting until I give a shit.

[Q

And he STILL killed way more people than he would have if you leftists hadn't created a target-rich environment full of helpless prey in your vain hopes that criminals and terrorists will respect the words "gun-free zone".

It was illegal for the Obama's Muslim to carry a weapon into the bar and for him to shoot up the bar.

It was also illegal for anybody to carry a weapon into the bar to defend themselves.

The problem with any stupid gun control law is that the bad guys never obey the laws and the good guys who do wind up being victims.

For some reason or another these stupid Libtard Moon Bats can't understand that.

They have been in place for a long time and we are all better for it. You want terrorists to have explosives too eh?

I take it the victims of the Boston Marathon are irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant to you. Why? According to FBI interrogators, Dzhokhar and his brother were motivated by extremist Islamic beliefs. Boston Marathon bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about Brussels? No guns, 32 victims and three perpetrators were killed, and over 300 people were injured. Another bomb was found during a search of the airport. Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) claimed responsibility for the attacks 2016 Brussels bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about Paris? Multiple Suicide bombings followed by more bombings and shootings. The President of France, François Hollande, said the attacks were an act of war by ISIL. November 2015 Paris attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about the San Bernardino shooting? In addition to the 14 killed, 22 others were seriously injured, either by bullets or other causes. FBI Director James B. Comey said that the FBI investigation has shown that Farook and Malik were "homegrown violent extremists" who were "inspired by foreign terrorist organizations."

How about Orlando? In a 9-1-1 call shortly after the attack began, he swore allegiance to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

All the gun banning nuts, what do all these attacks have in common?

The issue is NOT guns, as much as President Obama demands we ignore the FACTS, THE ISSUE IS ISIS. RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM.

The issue IS guns and hate and terrorism and mental illness. But mass murder is not exclusive to the Muslim community. Scapegoating is and has always been a favorite tool of demagogues (think Trump and the Trumpsters who parrot Trump).

See:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-shootings-in-america-a-historical-review/5355990

I wonder why Markle found my post above funny; does he not agree with my opinion that mass murder is often a result of a gun; and of course hate, terrorism and/or mental illness. I wonder why someone finds that opinion funny, and still wonder why so many use "funny" in lieu of a substantive, thoughtful or a thought provoking response?

Funny isn't a rebuttal, on the continuum from sagacious to idiot-gram it lies a far from the former and very near the latter.

They have been in place for a long time and we are all better for it. You want terrorists to have explosives too eh?

I take it the victims of the Boston Marathon are irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant to you. Why? According to FBI interrogators, Dzhokhar and his brother were motivated by extremist Islamic beliefs. Boston Marathon bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about Brussels? No guns, 32 victims and three perpetrators were killed, and over 300 people were injured. Another bomb was found during a search of the airport. Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) claimed responsibility for the attacks 2016 Brussels bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about Paris? Multiple Suicide bombings followed by more bombings and shootings. The President of France, François Hollande, said the attacks were an act of war by ISIL. November 2015 Paris attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about the San Bernardino shooting? In addition to the 14 killed, 22 others were seriously injured, either by bullets or other causes. FBI Director James B. Comey said that the FBI investigation has shown that Farook and Malik were "homegrown violent extremists" who were "inspired by foreign terrorist organizations."

How about Orlando? In a 9-1-1 call shortly after the attack began, he swore allegiance to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

All the gun banning nuts, what do all these attacks have in common?

The issue is NOT guns, as much as President Obama demands we ignore the FACTS, THE ISSUE IS ISIS. RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM.

The issue IS guns and hate and terrorism and mental illness. But mass murder is not exclusive to the Muslim community. Scapegoating is and has always been a favorite tool of demagogues (think Trump and the Trumpsters who parrot Trump).

See:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-shootings-in-america-a-historical-review/5355990

I wonder why Markle found my post above funny; does he not agree with my opinion that mass murder is often a result of a gun; and of course hate, terrorism and/or mental illness. I wonder why someone finds that opinion funny, and still wonder why so many use "funny" in lieu of a substantive, thoughtful or a thought provoking response?

Funny isn't a rebuttal, on the continuum from sagacious to idiot-gram it lies a far from the former and very near the latter.

I find anything you say funny. It's hard not to laugh when you say stupid things. I also find it sad at the same time.

Hey....we have another one...this is a new anti gun loon...and guess what...just like the other ones, as soon as he sees a conversation about guns...he starts thinking about male sex organs.....

What the fuck is it with you anti gunners...you obviously all suffer from sexual fixation on guns...and need serious help....guns are not for sex......I repeat...guns are not for sex......

Listen...you and the other anti gun loons should start a support group.....like AA but you could work on getting past your abnormal sexual fixation on guns....

It would be like this..."hi....I'm Campbell.......and I think about having sex with guns...."

Please..get help...before you hurt yourself and you end up on that cable show...Sex Sent Me to the E.R.......

They should not be able to. Look at the carnage at Orlando, nobody should be able to own one.

Yes, because terrorists will just shrug and go, "Oh, we can't get rifles, let's just start a bridge club instead". The murderous intent is due only to the weapons.

Moron.

Seriously? Your plan is "Let's disarm all the law-abiding people and leave them defenseless, so that we can HOPE that MAYBE violent would-be mass murderers will get caught buying illegal guns"? THIS is what passes for a logical policy on the left?

Let me put it this way: Australia instituted a massive gun ban back in the late 90s. Then they organized ANOTHER gun buyback in 2008, after a mentally ill man opened fire (with a gun that had been banned) in a public place, and they got 50,000 guns that had been made illegal in their initial gun ban. On the whole, I'm going to say that the gun ban didn't work very well, AND the plan of "that way, we can catch them when they buy illegal guns" ALSO was a spectacularly epic fail.

First, Australia DOESN'T REPORT their problems. Second, I don't recall asking you for your fucking wish list of freedoms you wish to grab away from people. Please do me the courtesy of waiting until I give a shit.

Gun violence research ban must be lifted, say doctors

From the link:

On the heels of yet another senseless gun massacre in the United States, the nation's leading physicians' organization is urging more research into gun violence.

Specifically, the American Medical Association (AMA) said Tuesday that a long-standing ban on federal government research into gun violence must be lifted to better understand and tackle the problem.

The AMA is now pledging to lobby Congress to overturn 20-year-old legislation that has prohibited the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from researching the issue.

Let's be real, the crazy right wing has been totally brainwashed on the wedge issue(s):
  • guns
  • gay & lesbains
  • Islam
  • Consent Decrees (which replaced Affirmative Action)
  • abortion
  • voter fraud
  • Deficits and debt
  • Oil, renewable & green sources of energy
  • On OWS & Bernies Sanders
  • and just about every issue facing our nation and the world

Moron.

Gun violence research ban must be lifted, say doctors

From the link:

On the heels of yet another senseless gun massacre in the United States, the nation's leading physicians' organization is urging more research into gun violence.

Specifically, the American Medical Association (AMA) said Tuesday that a long-standing ban on federal government research into gun violence must be lifted to better understand and tackle the problem.

The AMA is now pledging to lobby Congress to overturn 20-year-old legislation that has prohibited the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from researching the issue.

Let's be real, the crazy right wing has been totally brainwashed on the wedge issue(s):
  • guns
  • gay & lesbains
  • Islam
  • Consent Decrees (which replaced Affirmative Action)
  • abortion
  • voter fraud
  • Deficits and debt
  • Oil, renewable & green sources of energy
  • On OWS & Bernies Sanders
  • and just about every issue facing our nation and the world

There is no ban on gun research at the CDC.....that is a lie...they are prohibited from pushing an anti gun agenda..and I have posted recent gun research requested by a city, conducted by the CDC as to why they have gun violence...as I posted through the link they found gun violence is created by social circumstances..not access to guns....

And don't forget...Obama had the CDC research all of research on guns in 2013, at a cost of 10 million dollars....

Anti gunners at the CDC continue to lie.....they should go to work for the IRS......

Forum List

Back