What To Do About A Lawless President?

Here is the text, unedited, of the Hill story, with the parts PC excised to manufacture her lie in bold. You will notice she rearranged the order of the text, too:

The Pentagon broke the law when it transferred five Taliban detainees from Guantánamo Bay in exchange for prisoner of war Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, according to a report from a government watchdog agency

The Government Accountability Office said the Pentagon violated the 2014 Defense Appropriations Act, which requires the Pentagon to give certain congressional committees 30 days advance notice before any detainee transfer from the Guantánamo Bay detention facility.

The law also prohibits the Pentagon from using appropriated funds to conduct any detainee transfer, unless the Defense secretary gives the 30 days of advance notice.

The Pentagon said it spent $988,400 on the detainee transfer, according to the report.

"As a consequence of using its appropriations in a manner specifically prohibited by law, DOD also violated the Antideficiency Act," the agency found. "DOD should report its Antideficiency Act violation as required by law."

That report, outlining the violation and any measures taken by the Pentagon in response, would then go to Congress and the president, according to a GAO spokeswoman.

The watchdog report is a legal opinion and will not lead to further measures, said the spokeswoman.

The seven-page finding is in response to a request by Republican lawmakers for an opinion, and is fueling fresh criticism of the Obama administration's decision to swap the five senior Taliban commanders for Bergdahl, who had been held by the Taliban since 2009.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), one of the nine Republican senators on the Defense Appropriations Subcommittee who requested the report, said it confirmed that Obama knowingly violated the law.

Here is the bogus quote PC made from that:

"The GAO said the Pentagon violated the 2014 Defense AppropriationsAct. ... The Pentagon broke the law when it transferred five Taliban detainees from ... the report, said it confirmed that Obama knowingly violated the law."
One can make all the excuses and deflections one wants, but this is just outright fraudulent manipulation of a source and quote that would be inexcusable on any academic or professional level. It is purposeful and malicious creation of misinformation and the planting of a lie to promote a political agenda. If a journalist did this they would be fired and never hired by anyone ever again. Plagiarism looks like a minor offense compared to this method of deceit.

You are the one who requires an excuse and an apology, you lying scum.

You conveniently left off the attribution.

"The GAO said the Pentagon violated the 2014 Defense AppropriationsAct. ... The Pentagon broke the law when it transferred five Taliban detainees from ... the report, said it confirmed that Obama knowingly violated the law."
Google

Watchdog: DOD broke law with Bergdahl swap | TheHill

The report did not say Obama knowingly violated the law. That is how you framed the quote. You left out the beginning of the sentence used for the quote and purposely left out the preceding part of the sentence which attributed the quote not to the report, but to Sen. Collins giving a opinion. You hacked apart a sentence to make it appear that the actual report named the President by name when it did not. Why would a writer do that if they were not trying to propagate misinformation? Why would a writer make a quote seem like it was coming from one source when it was in fact coming from another?

Mine was direct quote, you moron.....that's what quotation marks mean.

Here is the entire report. Obama's name in not mentioned anywhere in the report and certainly not in the conclusion. If I am wrong please indicate what page of the report your quote comes from.

gao.gov/assets/670/665390.pdf

Where is your apology for 'conveniently' removing the last line of mine, which was the attribution/link?

They weren't my words, were they?

No....those words were the analysis of the Liberal publication "The Hill," and clearly stated "...... the report, said it confirmed that Obama knowingly violated the law."

Quoted correctly!

Apologize, you slime.
Demands the mentally lazy rightie who refuses to apologize for falsely stating that The Hill made the claim that the report confirmed Obama violated the law. :eusa_doh:

Does irony mean anything to you? Or do you need to have someone else do your thinking on that too?

Now stop lying ... The Hill made no such claim. The Hill reported that claim was made by a Republican.

"The White House on Friday rejected findings by the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office (GAO) that President Obama broke the law when he swapped Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for five Taliban leaders from Guantánamo Bay.

"We strongly disagree with GAO's conclusion, and we reject the implication that the administration acted unlawfully," White House spokesman Eric Schultz said. "

Read more: Obama rejects finding that he broke the law in Bergdahl swap TheHill
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

PoliChic is really "twisting in the wind" for her doctored quote lol. Not a single rightie is coming to her rescue. Know why? Because G5000 nailed her dead to rights.

Whats it like PoliChic, having no credibility whatsoever? :eusa_think: :laugh:

At any rate, the failure remains yours since the law you claim was violated by Obama; doesn't actually pertain to him.

Of course, I don't expect pesky details like that to interfere with your unhinged ranting ... so ... carry on! :mm:
Correct.

The OP has only herself to blame, the consequence of her lies and deceit.

PoliChic is really "twisting in the wind" for her doctored quote lol. Not a single rightie is coming to her rescue. Know why? Because G5000 nailed her dead to rights.

Whats it like PoliChic, having no credibility whatsoever? :eusa_think: :laugh:

There was no doctored quote.

But you should continue to fear me.

Elections have consequences. Hope all you fucking Obama voters are happy now.

Obama is 10x better then anyone the GOP were running . Sour grapes , the right think that if they cry loud enough everyone will forget about Boooosh !! Fat fucking chance ..

Obama is 10x better then anyone the GOP were running . Sour grapes , the right think that if they cry loud enough everyone will forget about Boooosh !! Fat fucking chance ..
Care to list Obama's accomplishments? By all means allow me:
Squandered billions on "shovel ready" jobs to save us from the liberal media myth of another Great Depression. Where did the money go? Bailed out Detroit...that worked well, my what a beautiful city it is. Has done a slam bang job on foreign policy...NOT! He has covered for his political cronies at the IRS, increased racial tension in America thanks to his AG, and has left our border unsecured placing us in danger of terror attack. Do I need to mention the failure of Obamacare and his penchant for lying about its impact, over,and over, and over, again? So much change. Will be hard to fix it all after 2016.

Seems a lot of former Obama voters are quite a bit smarter than you are....

"Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll"
Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama CNN poll - Washington Times

In your case, the old saying applies:
There’s no education in the second kick of a mule.

No one offered proof of Obama legally exchanging prisoners. Several sources confirm it was outside established rules and law. PC walks away the winner once again. Sort of disappointed, I didn't have to do any heavy lifting here.

No lifting to do on a non-issue.

The CiC in time of war is authorized to act unilaterally despite law or Constitution.

Change the Constitution if you don't want this to happen again.

We are not at war now are we? Laws and the Constitution are not void in time of war either.

He should have already been Impeached. For his egregious IRS abuses alone, he should have been removed from office. He's a criminal. Period, end of story.

He should have already been Impeached. For his egregious IRS abuses alone, he should have been removed from office. He's a criminal. Period, end of story.

Nawwwww.....

We've proven we can live despite Obama - but Biden (who'd step in if He were removed) might well be a pig of a different odor. Best wait until regime change and then indict/try for treason.

This episode proves that PoliChic never progressed beyond High School. That and her zany., made-up, formatting that no instructor beyond the 7th grade would accept.

Earlier in the thread I asked if you'd comment on the lawless behavior of this President.

You've declined to do so......no doubt because even you cannot find a good excuse for him.

Let me point out the result of his iniquity, and the damage he has done to this nation and its citizens in one area: refusal to enforce a border:

"FBI, Homeland Security Bulletin Asks Police To Be Aware Of ISIS
BOSTON (CBS/AP) – Federal authorities sent a bulletin to U.S. law enforcement Friday in light of the threat concerning militants from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), according to CBS News."
FBI Homeland Security Bulletin Asks Police To Be Aware Of ISIS CBS Boston

Here is the text, unedited, of the Hill story, with the parts PC excised to manufacture her lie in bold. You will notice she rearranged the order of the text, too:

The Pentagon broke the law when it transferred five Taliban detainees from Guantánamo Bay in exchange for prisoner of war Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, according to a report from a government watchdog agency

The Government Accountability Office said the Pentagon violated the 2014 Defense Appropriations Act, which requires the Pentagon to give certain congressional committees 30 days advance notice before any detainee transfer from the Guantánamo Bay detention facility.

The law also prohibits the Pentagon from using appropriated funds to conduct any detainee transfer, unless the Defense secretary gives the 30 days of advance notice.

The Pentagon said it spent $988,400 on the detainee transfer, according to the report.

"As a consequence of using its appropriations in a manner specifically prohibited by law, DOD also violated the Antideficiency Act," the agency found. "DOD should report its Antideficiency Act violation as required by law."

That report, outlining the violation and any measures taken by the Pentagon in response, would then go to Congress and the president, according to a GAO spokeswoman.

The watchdog report is a legal opinion and will not lead to further measures, said the spokeswoman.

The seven-page finding is in response to a request by Republican lawmakers for an opinion, and is fueling fresh criticism of the Obama administration's decision to swap the five senior Taliban commanders for Bergdahl, who had been held by the Taliban since 2009.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), one of the nine Republican senators on the Defense Appropriations Subcommittee who requested the report, said it confirmed that Obama knowingly violated the law.

Here is the bogus quote PC made from that:

One can make all the excuses and deflections one wants, but this is just outright fraudulent manipulation of a source and quote that would be inexcusable on any academic or professional level. It is purposeful and malicious creation of misinformation and the planting of a lie to promote a political agenda. If a journalist did this they would be fired and never hired by anyone ever again. Plagiarism looks like a minor offense compared to this method of deceit.

You are the one who requires an excuse and an apology, you lying scum.

You conveniently left off the attribution.

Google

Watchdog: DOD broke law with Bergdahl swap | TheHill

The report did not say Obama knowingly violated the law. That is how you framed the quote. You left out the beginning of the sentence used for the quote and purposely left out the preceding part of the sentence which attributed the quote not to the report, but to Sen. Collins giving a opinion. You hacked apart a sentence to make it appear that the actual report named the President by name when it did not. Why would a writer do that if they were not trying to propagate misinformation? Why would a writer make a quote seem like it was coming from one source when it was in fact coming from another?

Mine was direct quote, you moron.....that's what quotation marks mean.

Here is the entire report. Obama's name in not mentioned anywhere in the report and certainly not in the conclusion. If I am wrong please indicate what page of the report your quote comes from.

gao.gov/assets/670/665390.pdf
There's a good reason that report doesn't accuse Obama of violating the law -- because he didn't. And there's a reason the GAO pinned this one on the DOD -- because as g5000 so graciously pointed out, the law requires the Secretary of Defense to notify Congress 30 days prior to such an act, not the president.

Of course, laws mean nothing to folks like PoliticalHack, who twist and turn them into weapons to be used against political adversaries because they lost in the voting booth; but the truth usually emerges in time to make fools of them in the end.

"There's a good reason that report doesn't accuse Obama of violating the law -- because he didn't."

Of course he did, Ugly.....he is in charge of the Department of Defense.

They carry out his policies.

You failed civics, huh?
Did you have to look that insult up too? :lmao:

At any rate, the failure remains yours since the law you claim was violated by Obama; doesn't actually pertain to him.

Of course, I don't expect pesky details like that to interfere with your unhinged ranting ... so ... carry on! :mm:

"Jeffrey Toobin: Obama ‘Clearly Broke the Law’ on Bergdahl
CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin declared on Monday that President Barack Obama “broke the law” when his administration failed to give Congress notice of at least 30 days before releasing five ranking Taliban members from Guantanamo Bay. Toobin said that a presidential signing statement did not absolve Obama from culpability for failing to abide by the law mandating congressional notification."
Jeffrey Toobin Obama 8216 Clearly Broke the Law 8217 on Bergdahl Mediaite

I love rubbing your ugly face in it.

Hey....If I were as ugly as you, I wouldn't say "hi," I'd say "boo!"

Impeached????

No...imprisoned.

"Obama Stands Alone: Even the media are baffled by his deepening isolation"
Obama Stands Alone Even the media are baffled by his deepening isolation Fox News

Yeah....that's it: isolation!

I suggest a long prison sentence, time in isolation....it tends to open one up to concepts of harmony.
It's called the Zen of the Pen.

I

3. Not the only time...but simply one of the latest infractions:

" Feds: Obama Broke Law with Bergdahl Swap" President Obama violated a “clear and unambiguous” law when he released five Guantanamo Bay detainees in exchange for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, the Government Accountability Office reported Thursday.

So let me get this straight. Getting back a POW by releasing 5 guys were had to release anyway is a crime, but starting a war on a lie isn't?

I

" Feds: Obama Broke Law with Bergdahl Swap" President Obama violated a “clear and unambiguous” law when he released five Guantanamo Bay detainees in exchange for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, the Government Accountability Office reported Thursday.

So let me get this straight. Getting back a POW by releasing 5 guys were had to release anyway is a crime, but starting a war on a lie isn't?

I don't care to amble down your talking-points lane....but thanks anyway.

Last edited:
I

In an ODS sufferer's :tinfoil: eyes? Yes :eusa_snooty:

I

In an ODS sufferer's :tinfoil: eyes? Yes :eusa_snooty:

I saw a poster refer to Barack Obola.....

Got a chuckle.

Love it?

"Jeffrey Toobin: Obama ‘Clearly Broke the Law’ on Bergdahl
CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin declared on Monday that President Barack Obama “broke the law” when his administration failed to give Congress notice of at least 30 days before releasing five ranking Taliban members from Guantanamo Bay. Toobin said that a presidential signing statement did not absolve Obama from culpability for failing to abide by the law mandating congressional notification."
Jeffrey Toobin Obama 8216 Clearly Broke the Law 8217 on Bergdahl Mediaite

The debate hasn't centered on what some commentator, reporter, newscaster, or even legal expert has had to say about the government report. Once it was discovered that you had manipulated a quote by cutting or hacking it apart to make it appear that the report itself actually claimed Obama had broke the law when in fact it didn't say anything of the sort. Now, on a new day, you want everyone to ignore that you got caught promoting a blatant lie that completely discredited your OP. You cut and pasted a sentence. Not even a paragraph or even a whole sentence. You actually cut up, or hacked a sentence to create a blatant lie to support your OP. You got caught. The capture details are reported over and over and pointed out and proven endlessly in this very thread. Yet you have the delusion that you can come back and post on the same thread as if none of it ever happened and not look like a fool. There is something wrong with you.

Forum List

Back