What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

All true followers speak for him--They have--unity of thought-1Cor 1:10
How do you know you are a true believer?

God reveals himself to those that learn and apply his will.
Why wouldn't god simply reveal himself to everyone?

God HATES sin== He will not deal with sinners.
If god hates sin so much, why did he create it?
Who said he did?

I thought that Jesus came for the sinners and hung around with the sinners.

God hates sin but loves the sinners.

A being did come, it was not God. He did come for sinners. He didn't hang with them much. to teach them, heal them, showing all what Gods kingdom will accomplish.

Actually that isn't true. God reveals himself to everyone.

Why are you limiting him?

If that were so--there would be one religion, one God, One truth--oh there is--99% missed it Why?
You should tell Jesus that.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Peter lived over 125 years before the religion that came out of Rome popped up. No similarities whatsoever to the religion Jesus began.

A being did come, it was not God. He did come for sinners. He didn't hang with them much. to teach them, heal them, showing all what Gods kingdom will accomplish.
And yet, John leaped in his mother's womb before the presence of the Word of God, just as David leaped and danced before the Ark of the Covenant which housed the Word of God.

Do you know if the Jews believed that the Covenant of the Ark housed God himself?

Last edited:

If that were so--there would be one religion, one God, One truth--oh there is--99% missed it Why?

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Peter lived over 125 years before the religion that came out of Rome popped up. No similarities whatsoever to the religion Jesus began.
Peter? You mean the first Pope of the Catholic Church. That Peter?

Saint Peter (Syriac/Aramaic: ܫܸܡܥܘܿܢ ܟܹ݁ܐܦ݂ܵܐ, Shemayon Keppa, Hebrew: שמעון בר יונה‎ Shim'on bar Yona, Greek: Πέτρος Petros, Coptic: ⲡⲉⲧⲣⲟⲥ, translit. Petros, Latin: Petrus; r. AD 30;[1] d. between AD 64 and 68[2]), also known as Simon Peter, Simeon, or Simon ( pronunciation (help·info)), according to the New Testament, was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ, leaders of the early Christian Great Church. Pope Gregory I called him repeatedly the "Prince of the Apostles".[3] According to Catholic teaching, Jesus promised Peter in the "Rock of My Church" dialogue in Matthew 16:18 a special position in the Church. He is traditionally counted as the first Bishop of Rome‍—‌or pope‍—‌and also by Eastern Christian tradition as the first Patriarch of Antioch. The ancient Christian churches all venerate Peter as a major saint and as the founder of the Church of Antioch and the Roman Church,[2] but differ in their attitudes regarding the authority of his present-day successors (the primacy of the Bishop of Rome).

Saint Peter - Wikipedia

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: St. Peter, Prince of the Apostles

"The New Testament is very clear that Jesus was a full human being. He had to grow in wisdom (Lk 2:52) and learn obedience by going through trials, just like every other human being (Heb. 5:8). He grew hungry and tired, like the rest of us. He experienced the same range of emotions as the rest of us and was tempted in all the ways we are (Heb 4:15). He was, in other words, made like us “in every way” (Heb 2:17). Jesus was a full human being. In fact, all indications are that Jesus still is a full human being, albeit in a resurrected and transformed state.

At the same time, the New Testament also clearly teaches us that Jesus is God. John tells us that, while no one has ever seen God as he is in himself, the Word (Jesus), who is himself God, has made him known (Jn. 1:18). Similarly, in his epistle he refers to the Son of God as “the true God” (I Jn 5:20). Along the same lines, Paul refers to Jesus as “God over all” (Rom. 9:5) and “our great God and Savior” (Titus 2:13) while Thomas calls Jesus “Lord” and “God,” and Jesus commends him for his faith (Jn. 20:28)...."

Was Jesus Fully Human and Fully God? - Greg Boyd - ReKnew

If we are to celebrate that the Lord Jesus is a glorious friend of sinners—and we should—we must pay careful attention to the ways in which Jesus actually was a friend to sinners. Omitting the story of the woman caught in adultery (for reasons of textual criticism), I count five main passages in the gospels where Jesus is chastised for getting too close to sinners.

1. Matthew 9:9-13; Mark 2:13-17; Luke 5:27-32 – This is the story of Jesus calling Matthew the tax collector to be his disciple. We find Jesus reclining at table with many tax collectors and sinners, “for there were many who followed him” (Mark 2:15). When the scribes and Pharisees grumble about the company he keeps, Jesus tells them that he has “not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance” (Luke 5:32).
  2. Matthew 11:16-19; Luke 7:31-35 – Here Jesus rebukes the “people of this generation” because they rejected John the Baptist for being too tight and reject the Son of Man for being too loose. It’s from this incident that we get the phrase “friend of sinners.” We should note that it was an insult heaped upon Jesus by his enemies. This doesn’t mean Christ didn’t own it and we shouldn’t sing it, but it suggests he may not have owned it in every way. If Jesus was not a “glutton and drunkard” as his opponents thoughts, so he may not have been “a friend of tax collectors and sinners” in exactly the way they imagined either.
  3. Luke 7:36-50 – Right on the heels of this story comes another one like it in Luke. A sinful woman anoints Jesus with expensive ointment and wipes Jesus’ feet with her tears and the hair of her head. When Jesus is corrected for letting this “sinner” touch him, he reminds Simon that those who are forgiven much love much. In the end, Jesus forgives the woman her sin and announces “Your faith has saved you; go in peace” (Luke 7:50).
  4. Luke 15:1-2 – The setting for the parables of the lost sheep, lost coin, and lost son of Luke 15 is found in the first two verses of that chapter. As the tax collectors and sinners “were all drawing near” to Jesus, the Pharisees and scribes grumbled that Jesus was receiving them to eat with them. The three parables that follow demonstrate how God seeks out the lost (15:3, 8, 20) and how pleased God is when sinners repent (15:7, 10, 21-24).
  5. Luke 19:1-10 – Again, the Jewish leaders grumble because Jesus “has gone in to be the guest of a man who is a sinner” (Luke 19:7) Though Zacchaeus repents and is a changed man (19:8), the Jews simply cannot accept that the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost (19:10) and that this notorious tax collector has been saved (19:9).
So what lessons can we draw from these episodes? In what way was Jesus a friend of sinners? Did he have a grand strategy for reaching tax collectors? Did he indiscriminately “hang out” with drunks and prostitutes? Was he an easy going live-and-let-live kind of Messiah? What we see from the composite of these passages is that sinners were drawn to Jesus, that Jesus gladly spent time with sinners who were open to his teaching, that Jesus forgave repentant sinners, and that Jesus embraced sinners who believed in him.

Jesus was a friend of sinners not because he winked at sin, ignored sin, or enjoyed light-hearted revelry with those engaged in immorality. Jesus was a friend of sinners in that he came to save sinners and was very pleased to welcome sinners who were open to the gospel, sorry for their sins, and on their way to putting their faith in Him.

Jesus, Friend of Sinners: But How?

The 3 rebels in Eden caused this system. God showed all his will-- Mortals to live forever, knowing only good, choosing to listen to Gods advice. Aging, suffering and dying is what satans advice got all. Gods kingdom will be a cure all.
So god isn’t all powerful? Some shit he can’t stop?

The 3 rebels in Eden caused this system. God showed all his will-- Mortals to live forever, knowing only good, choosing to listen to Gods advice. Aging, suffering and dying is what satans advice got all. Gods kingdom will be a cure all.
We are never to think of God's power in terms of what he could conceivably do by the exercise of what we may call sheer omnipotence which crushes all obstacles in its path. We are always to think of God's power in terms of his purpose. If what he did by sheer omnipotence defeated his purpose, then, however startling and impressive, it would be an expression of weakness, not of power. Indeed, a good definition of power is "ability to achieve purpose. Does it fulfill its purpose? God's purpose is to achieve a specific outcome under specific conditions.

And yet, John leaped in his mother's womb before the presence of the Word of God, just as David leaped and danced before the Ark of the Covenant which housed the Word of God.

Do you know if the Jews believed that the Covenant of the Ark housed God himself?

I doubt the Jews thought God lived in the Ark.
Since you believe they did--They have been telling your teachers for centuries--NO TRINITY GOD EXISTS--you wont believe them about that.

Peter? You mean the first Pope of the Catholic Church. That Peter?

Saint Peter (Syriac/Aramaic: ܫܸܡܥܘܿܢ ܟܹ݁ܐܦ݂ܵܐ, Shemayon Keppa, Hebrew: שמעון בר יונה‎ Shim'on bar Yona, Greek: Πέτρος Petros, Coptic: ⲡⲉⲧⲣⲟⲥ, translit. Petros, Latin: Petrus; r. AD 30;[1] d. between AD 64 and 68[2]), also known as Simon Peter, Simeon, or Simon ( pronunciation (help·info)), according to the New Testament, was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ, leaders of the early Christian Great Church. Pope Gregory I called him repeatedly the "Prince of the Apostles".[3] According to Catholic teaching, Jesus promised Peter in the "Rock of My Church" dialogue in Matthew 16:18 a special position in the Church. He is traditionally counted as the first Bishop of Rome‍—‌or pope‍—‌and also by Eastern Christian tradition as the first Patriarch of Antioch. The ancient Christian churches all venerate Peter as a major saint and as the founder of the Church of Antioch and the Roman Church,[2] but differ in their attitudes regarding the authority of his present-day successors (the primacy of the Bishop of Rome).

Saint Peter - Wikipedia

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: St. Peter, Prince of the Apostles

That is strange--Peter clearly taught--Jesus has a God-his Father( 1Peter 1:3)-- so the teachers that followed his line--teach that truth as well.

All have free will. If God interfered, it wouldn't be free will.

All have free will. If God interfered, it wouldn't be free will.
So god created stuff he can't stop but will punish you with roasting forever if you use it. Brah, that doesn't even make any sense. Please try again.

We are never to think of God's power in terms of what he could conceivably do by the exercise of what we may call sheer omnipotence which crushes all obstacles in its path. We are always to think of God's power in terms of his purpose. If what he did by sheer omnipotence defeated his purpose, then, however startling and impressive, it would be an expression of weakness, not of power. Indeed, a good definition of power is "ability to achieve purpose. Does it fulfill its purpose? God's purpose is to achieve a specific outcome under specific conditions.
What purpose do deformed babies have? Cancer? Mental retardation?

And god could have any outcome he wanted without all the threats. If he's actually omnipotent.

Who said he did?
“Creation”
Evil is not extant.
Not sure I know what you mean by that, are you saying that evil wasn't created at Creation and someone else brought it into god's creation?

What purpose do deformed babies have? Cancer? Mental retardation?

And god could have any outcome he wanted without all the threats. If he's actually omnipotent.
So in your universe, unless everything is perfect - a utopia - there can be no God? Am I understanding you correctly, Taz?

That if there are babies that are born with birth defect, there can be no God?

Who said he did?
“Creation”
Evil is not extant.
Not sure I know what you mean by that, are you saying that evil wasn't created at Creation and someone else brought it into god's creation?
I am saying that like darkness or cold, evil does not exist. Darkness, cold and evil are are the absence of something else.

I doubt the Jews thought God lived in the Ark.
Since you believe they did--They have been telling your teachers for centuries--NO TRINITY GOD EXISTS--you wont believe them about that.
So you think you know what I believe because I asked a question? Interesting.

One of my favorite passages is when David - after building a palace for himself - laments that the Ark of the Covenant is still under a tent. Are you familiar with this passage and God's response?

Forum List

Back