What we have here is a "catastrophizing" event...and it's not just at Yale!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
In “The Coddling of the American Mind,” Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt argued that too many college students engage in “catastrophizing,” which is to say, turning common events into nightmarish trials or claiming that easily bearable events are too awful to bear. After citing examples, they concluded, “smart people do, in fact, overreact to innocuous speech, make mountains out of molehills, and seek punishment for anyone whose words make anyone else feel uncomfortable.”
The New Intolerance of Student Activism

This is such a good term and I will be using it EVERY TIME we have one of those molehills made into a mountain event...i.e. Michael Brown the criminal shot, or Tayvon Martin again a criminal shot... or any of the mass shootings! "Catastrophized" Blown way way out of proportion.

The major BLAME though is the MSM and the need for news to fill the 24 hour news cycle!
The solution is simple though.
WAIT! WAIT all you idiots that read the headlines and jump hysterically at what you read!
WAIT! Think. Research. Find out the truth that for example this "hands up don't shoot" crowd after
Michael Brown.... do you think if just a few of the many people that at first had sympathy for this had just waited. See what the official investigation showed. You would have found out Brown attacked the officer!
The officer responded as any normal person would when attacked...attack back!

But no people jumped to conclusions. Made protests. And of course were always available when a
news crew was around!

How ridiculous these people are..."catastrophizing" a CRIMINAL attack!

The Thought Police aren't that smart. White trash have always operated in a political correct style subculture. It's always about this group or that with them.

The Jews who introduced this subculture to the intelligensia were from poorer backgrounds. They didn't entirely devise the "culture of critique", it was a part of their own cultural background which they magnified because they thrived in it.

It was an evil thing to do, lowering the bar of our intelligensia.

In “The Coddling of the American Mind,” Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt argued that too many college students engage in “catastrophizing,” which is to say, turning common events into nightmarish trials or claiming that easily bearable events are too awful to bear. After citing examples, they concluded, “smart people do, in fact, overreact to innocuous speech, make mountains out of molehills, and seek punishment for anyone whose words make anyone else feel uncomfortable.”

This is such a good term and I will be using it EVERY TIME we have one of those molehills made into a mountain event...i.e. Michael Brown the criminal shot, or Tayvon Martin again a criminal shot... or any of the mass shootings! "Catastrophized" Blown way way out of proportion.

The major BLAME though is the MSM and the need for news to fill the 24 hour news cycle!
WAIT! WAIT all you idiots that read the headlines and jump hysterically at what you read!
WAIT! Think. Research. Find out the truth that for example this "hands up don't shoot" crowd after
Michael Brown.... do you think if just a few of the many people that at first had sympathy for this had just waited. See what the official investigation showed. You would have found out Brown attacked the officer!

But no people jumped to conclusions. Made protests. And of course were always available when a
news crew was around!

You mean like they did with FEMA prisons, death panels, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, the War on Christmas, the BLS jobs report, The claim that Obama's skeet shooting picture was a fake, the nearly three decades of fake claims that the right has made about Hillary, and all the other crap that the right blows out of proportion? Is that the kind of dumb exaggeration you are talking about?

The Thought Police aren't that smart. White trash have always operated in a political correct style subculture. It's always about this group or that with them.

The Jews who introduced this subculture to the intelligensia were from poorer backgrounds. They didn't entirely devise the "culture of critique", it was a part of their own cultural background which they magnified because they thrived in it.

It was an evil thing to do, lowering the bar of our intelligensia.

goosey is right about his assertion that the cultural background of jews
includes a "culture of critique" and he is right in asserting that jews
thrive in it. And he is also correct in asserting that jews introduced
it to his "intelligentsia" wherever they were -------and thereby created
a monster-------thus proving the adage "CAST NOT YOUR PEARLS
BEFORE SWINE" utterly and profoundly important. The adage is
talmudic

can't sell papers when things aren't blown out of propportion

difference is, cons will eventually wonder away from a topic while leftist will start a movement based on non-facts.

I'd be willing to be that there's been more black v black murders in Chicago this year than black v cop shootings in America.

But are they out protesting in front of where gang bangers live?

Ebola's gonna gitcha. If it doesn't, the Muslims will. Look, here's a pitcher of one of em killing somebuddy. If Ebola and Muslims don't gitcha, the Mexicans will. Look, here's a story of one of em killin somebuddy. If Ebola and the Muslims and the Mexicans miss their chance, the gays'll gitcha. Look, here's a pitcher of two of em kissin each other.

You are a dead person who doesn't know it yet.

difference is, cons will eventually wonder away from a topic while leftist will start a movement based on non-facts.

I'd be willing to be that there's been more black v black murders in Chicago this year than black v cop shootings in America.

The difference is that we pay and train cops to act professionally. We have a right to expect them to act professionally.

news crew was around!

You mean like they did with FEMA prisons, death panels, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, the War on Christmas, the BLS jobs report, The claim that Obama's skeet shooting picture was a fake, the nearly three decades of fake claims that the right has made about Hillary, and all the other crap that the right blows out of proportion? Is that the kind of dumb exaggeration you are talking about?

Benghazi was not because of as Hillary told the Mother of Benghazi victim said: Hillary and Susan Rice told me “nose to nose” that the Mohammed video was to blame"
Mother of Benghazi victim: Hillary and Susan Rice told me “nose to nose” that the Mohammed video was to blame

Drama queen majors are nothing new, although they used to stick in the areas of religion or homersexuals....

The difference is that we pay and train cops to act professionally. We have a right to expect them to act professionally.

Prove to me that the majority of cops don't act professionally BECAUSE here are the FACTS dummy!
DEAL with FACTS!

FACTS ARE 98.727% of the 900,000+ law enforcement officers do act professionally!

From January 2010 through December 2010 the National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project recorded 4,861 unique reports of police misconduct that involved 6,613 sworn law enforcement officers and 6,826 alleged victims.

4,861 – Unique reports of police misconduct tracked
6,613 – Number of sworn law enforcement officers involved (354 were agency leaders such as chiefs or sheriffs)
6,826 – Number of alleged victims involved
247 – Number of fatalities associated with tracked reports

This works out to NOW TO ALL you cop haters, what is the percent of bad cop reports to total number of cops???? 0.53476%!!!
A little over 1/2 of 1 percent in case you people couldn't figure that out!
NOW even more dramatic is look at above chart... See "Excessive Force" 23.8% of all the
4,861 reports... or 1,156 where excessive force... (most likely against blacks I'm sure!!) OR again
condescendingly speaking to you and your... that is a little over 1/10th of 1 percent 0.1273%!

Now explain to me why it is worth it to destroy the 900,000+ good cops by calling "murderers murderers"

Prove to me that the majority of cops don't act professionally BECAUSE here are the FACTS dummy!
DEAL with FACTS!

FACTS ARE 98.727% of the 900,000+ law enforcement officers do act professionally!

From January 2010 through December 2010 the National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project recorded 4,861 unique reports of police misconduct that involved 6,613 sworn law enforcement officers and 6,826 alleged victims.

6,613 – Number of sworn law enforcement officers involved (354 were agency leaders such as chiefs or sheriffs)

This works out to NOW TO ALL you cop haters, what is the percent of bad cop reports to total number of cops???? 0.53476%!!!
NOW even more dramatic is look at above chart... See "Excessive Force" 23.8% of all the
4,861 reports... or 1,156 where excessive force... (most likely against blacks I'm sure!!) OR again
condescendingly speaking to you and your... that is a little over 1/10th of 1 percent 0.1273%!

Now explain to me why it is worth it to destroy the 900,000+ good cops by calling "murderers murderers"
Cause cops look at you as a potential perp......

news crew was around!

Benghazi was not because of as Hillary told the Mother of Benghazi victim said: Hillary and Susan Rice told me “nose to nose” that the Mohammed video was to blame"
Mother of Benghazi victim: Hillary and Susan Rice told me “nose to nose” that the Mohammed video was to blame

Of course you have heard a million times that that was the best information available at the time, but by all means continue to spout your crap.

DEAL with FACTS!

Nobody said all cops were bad. There is no way to tell which ones are professional, or which ones will kill you for the fun of it. As long as they continue to close ranks and protect the bad ones, their reputation will not improve.

DEAL with FACTS!

Nobody said all cops were bad. There is no way to tell which ones are professional, or which ones will kill you for the fun of it. As long as they continue to close ranks and protect the bad ones, their reputation will not improve.

Black lives matter say all cops are bad.
Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 9.24.51 PM.png

news crew was around!

Wow...way to rattle off the entire list "the liberal's things to whine about" list.....

DEAL with FACTS!

"For the fun of it:"?.....And you have the nerve to state you are not throwing out a blanket statement about LEO's?.....

Maybe in your tiny mind there is a crisis. The fact is 99.9% of police officers go through their work day without incident.
Your sides's obsessive focus on the 0.1% bad apples lends itself to things like the racist BLM movement and that idiotic worthy of scorn boycott of the MO Univ football team boycott.
You have no credibility.

DEAL with FACTS!

Cause cops look at you as a potential perp......

No because as Chris Rock has told you idiots that think you can act like idiots...
See how he sees blacks behavior..
Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

But of course ONLY idiots go up to a bee hive and hit it and wonder why are they stinging me?

The catastrophic events traumatizing college students isn't anything as grand as a misbehaving cop. It's a blonde six year old dressed up like Mulan for Halloween.

DEAL with FACTS!

Black lives matter say all cops are bad.
View attachment 54326

If my chances of being killed by the police were as high as theirs, I would feel the same way.

Forum List

Back