What would America be like if the anti-Abortion types win?

No, fetuses still aren't children.

Dear Mods. . .

Why are members permitted to continually lie like this?

That's ErroneousJoe's nature.....

We wouldn't want to 'abort' his posts....just remind everyone that he's simply a liar.

Provide the etymology....

fetus (n.)
late 14c., "the young while in the womb or egg" (tending to mean vaguely the embryo in the later stage of development), from Latin fetus (often, incorrectly, foetus) "the bearing or hatching of young, a bringing forth, pregnancy, childbearing, offspring,"
fetus | Origin and meaning of fetus by Online Etymology Dictionary

See how that reveals his ignorance?

Im tired of having to refute the same bullshit lies over and over again.Th

And that makes me tired of USMB in general.

So inefficient.

That's our mission, Chuz......never let 'em win.

Remember....ten times as many read a thread as post in it.

We can inform those government school grads who have been misled.

And at the end of the day, they'll all go down to the abortion clinic to take care of that "Little Problem".

Even the ones who graduated from Catholic Schools, as a lot of the girls in my generation did just that.

You can scream about "babies' all day, but at the end of the day, no girl is going to ruin her life for a fetus the size of a kidney bean.

And at the end of the day, they'll all go down to the abortion clinic to take care of that "Little Problem".

Even the ones who graduated from Catholic Schools, as a lot of the girls in my generation did just that.

You can scream about "babies' all day, but at the end of the day, no girl is going to ruin her life for a fetus the size of a kidney bean.

Is there any argument for the "right" of a woman to authorize the killing of her unborn baby that would not apply to her authorizing the similar slaughter of a year old that she was breastfeeding?

'cause....if there isn't, and one is murder, so, then, is the other.

That's called logic.

Is there any argument for the "right" of a woman to authorize the killing of her unborn baby that would not apply to her authorizing the similar slaughter of a year old that she was breastfeeding?

yes, a one year old has had a birth certificate issued and can live separated from her mother.

Also, much bigger than a kidney bean.

That's called logic.

No, that's called sophistry.

Here's the point I have been trying to get across in this whole thread. You have a view of the unborn and it's beautiful... truly.

Most people don't have this view. Even in a place like the Philippines where they have a lot more religion than we do, strict laws against this sort of thing and some real dangers from shady providers. And yet despite that, Filipina women get abortions at a higher rate than American women, partially because they don't have access to other forms of contraception.

Now, if you guys were really serious about wanting less abortions, there are all sorts of ways to reduce them- Universal health care, paid family leave, extensive contraception and sex education. These would all involve more government and more taxes on rich people to pay for them, and clearly, given that choice, you'd never go there.

Again, I always ask the question of conservatives, how is it that abortion never gets banned, but the rich always get their tax cuts when Republicans are in charge.

yes, a one year old has had a birth certificate issued and can live separated from her mother.

Also, much bigger than a kidney bean.

That's called logic.

No, that's called sophistry.

Here's the point I have been trying to get across in this whole thread. You have a view of the unborn and it's beautiful... truly.i

Most people don't have this view. Even in a place like the Philippines where they have a lot more religion than we do, strict laws against this sort of thing and some real dangers from shady providers. And yet despite that, Filipina women get abortions at a higher rate than American women, partially because they don't have access to other forms of contraception.

Now, if you guys were really serious about wanting less abortions, there are all sorts of ways to reduce them- Universal health care, paid family leave, extensive contraception and sex education. These would all involve more government and more taxes on rich people to pay for them, and clearly, given that choice, you'd never go there.

Again, I always ask the question of conservatives, how is it that abortion never gets banned, but the rich always get their tax cuts when Republicans are in charge.

1. So.....if we write out 'birth certificates' for the unborn.....you'll stop slaughtering them?????

2. It is more than interesting that Democrats use the same policy for infanticide that they did for slavery:

a. If the person was in Mississippi, he was a slave; in Connecticut, the very same person would be free

b. baby in the birth canal can be slaughtered in the most brutal manner; a few centimeters later, and, as the Democrat Governor of Virginia states, it could be decided by the mother.

3. American's most prodigious serial killer, Kermit Gosnell, is in jail for life.....but what he is guilty of is now permitted by the Democrats of New York.

4. "A Vermont bill would allow dangerous back alley abortionists like Kermit Gosnell to operate without consequences, pro-life advocates warned this week.

State House Bill 57, which passed a committee last week, is similar to a law that New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed in January. It would recognize abortion as a “fundamental human right” in Vermont and ensure that the state does not “deny, restrict or infringe” upon a woman’s “right” to abort her unborn baby."
Vermont Abortion Bill Would Allow a Kermit Gosnell to Snip Babies’ Necks: “Nothing We Could Do About It” | LifeNews.com

5. Infanticide now mainstream Democrat policy.

"Rhode Island and Vermont Democrats Propose Radical Abortion Bills"
Rhode Island and Vermont Democrats Propose Radical Abortion Bills

All their screaming about "infanticide" aside, do you ever wonder what our country would look like if the Anti-Choice fanatics got their way.

Well, thanks to the modern miracles of actually understanding there is a rest of the world out there, we have a real life example.

The Philippines, former American Colony, has exactly the kind of anti-choice laws you guys want.

How's that working out.. Well, let's review.

Unintended Pregnancy and Unsafe Abortion in the Philippines

• The Philippines abortion law is among the strictest in the world. Abortion is illegal under all circumstances and there are no explicit exceptions. Nonetheless, because of high levels of unintended pregnancy, abortion is common in the country. Projections that were based on the national abortion rate in 2000 (the most recent available) and that took into account population increase estimated that 560,000 abortions occurred in 2008 and 610,000 abortions took place in 2012.[2,8,9]

• About 1,000 Filipino women die each year from abortion complications, which contributes to the nation’s high maternal mortality rate. Projections that were based on data from 2000 indicate that 100,000 women were hospitalized for abortion complications in 2012; countless others suffered complications that went untreated.[4,9]

• The stigma surrounding abortion makes it difficult for women to seek postabortion care. Some women report feeling shamed and intimidated by health care workers and in some cases, women are not given pain relievers or anesthetics or are denied treatment all together. Others report being threatened that they would be turned over to the police.[5,8]
I don't know.

Self responsibility. Dignity. Honor. Compassion. Caring. Love. Family... Ewwww..

Not just that. The thought of children having Human Rights is kind of scary.

Ah, more number pointed crazy...

1. So.....if we write out 'birth certificates' for the unborn.....you'll stop slaughtering them?????

I'm not slaughtering anyone... but let's look at this tad of crazy. Do you really think that a woman who doesn't want to be preggers is going to look for a certificate for the "Problem I need to take care of on Tuesday"?

2. It is more than interesting that Democrats use the same policy for infanticide that they did for slavery:

a. If the person was in Mississippi, he was a slave; in Connecticut, the very same person would be free

b. baby in the birth canal can be slaughtered in the most brutal manner; a few centimeters later, and, as the Democrat Governor of Virginia states, it could be decided by the mother.

Actually- and I know that you find this hard to grasp- women and their doctors are the only ones who should be and will make these decisions... not matter what the law is.

3. American's most prodigious serial killer, Kermit Gosnell, is in jail for life.....but what he is guilty of is now permitted by the Democrats of New York.
4. "A Vermont bill would allow dangerous back alley abortionists like Kermit Gosnell to operate without consequences, pro-life advocates warned this week.

Okay, let's look at the Gosnell case, where they only had a case because he was too cheap to pay to dispose of the medical waste.

So they started out with 100 cases of "infanticide", which the grand jury whittled down to 7 and the judge reduced to only 4. The jury only convicted on 3 and then they cut a sweetheart sentencing deal with him to promise to pretty-please not appeal. Totally unnecessary because they already had him - dead to rights- on dealing drugs and killing an adult patient.

Gosnell happened because you guys got what you wanted in PA. You got very restrictive abortion laws, which kept the legitimate providers limited in what they could do and who they could provide them to, so that created a niche for a clown like Gosnell. These women were all turned down at legitimate clinics, so they went to Gosnell. The one adult woman he was convicted of killing, a Nepalese immigrant, couldn't get a late abortion in Virginia so she crossed over and got it in PA, where Gosnell killed her with his incompetence.

Radical meaning, "Left in the hands of medical professionals". Yeah, there's a radical idea.

Let's get real. Less than 1% of abortions are performed after viability. (21 weeks). usually, it's for a good medical reason. But mostly it's a reflection on our backwards medical policies.

In France, abortion is paid for by the government, completely legal in the first 12 weeks, and after 12 weeks, a doctor has to sign off on it. France has half the number of abortions per capita that we do because they do all those other liberal things you don't want to pay for.

I don't know.

Self responsibility. Dignity. Honor. Compassion. Caring. Love. Family... Ewwww..

Okay, that's nice and all in an ideal world. We don't live in one of those.

I knew a girl who had two abortions because she didn't want her strict,religious Asian parents to know she wasn't still a virgin at 22.

She kept going back to the same emotionally abusive guy.

As long as people make bad choices, we are going to have a need for abortion. So we either get people to make better choices, or we learn to live with it.

I'm not slaughtering anyone... but let's look at this tad of crazy. Do you really think that a woman who doesn't want to be preggers is going to look for a certificate for the "Problem I need to take care of on Tuesday"?

Actually- and I know that you find this hard to grasp- women and their doctors are the only ones who should be and will make these decisions... not matter what the law is.

Okay, let's look at the Gosnell case, where they only had a case because he was too cheap to pay to dispose of the medical waste.

So they started out with 100 cases of "infanticide", which the grand jury whittled down to 7 and the judge reduced to only 4. The jury only convicted on 3 and then they cut a sweetheart sentencing deal with him to promise to pretty-please not appeal. Totally unnecessary because they already had him - dead to rights- on dealing drugs and killing an adult patient.

Gosnell happened because you guys got what you wanted in PA. You got very restrictive abortion laws, which kept the legitimate providers limited in what they could do and who they could provide them to, so that created a niche for a clown like Gosnell. These women were all turned down at legitimate clinics, so they went to Gosnell. The one adult woman he was convicted of killing, a Nepalese immigrant, couldn't get a late abortion in Virginia so she crossed over and got it in PA, where Gosnell killed her with his incompetence.

Radical meaning, "Left in the hands of medical professionals". Yeah, there's a radical idea.

Let's get real. Less than 1% of abortions are performed after viability. (21 weeks). usually, it's for a good medical reason. But mostly it's a reflection on our backwards medical policies.

In France, abortion is paid for by the government, completely legal in the first 12 weeks, and after 12 weeks, a doctor has to sign off on it. France has half the number of abortions per capita that we do because they do all those other liberal things you don't want to pay for.

"I'm not slaughtering anyone... "

I asked this....and you slithered away from it.

That's called logic.

It sure put a cork in your pie-hole.

"Actually- and I know that you find this hard to grasp- women and their doctors are the only ones who should be and will make these decisions... not matter what the law is. "

Why?

What right has she to kill a separate and unique human being?????

Can't come up with an answer to that either, huh?

"Let's get real. Less than 1% of abortions are performed after viability. (21 weeks). usually, it's for a good medical reason. But mostly it's a reflection on our backwards medical policies. "

Wrong.

There is no 'good medical policy.'

"Mississippi Legislature passes bills banning abortion after detectable heartbeat
Both the Mississippi House and Senate passed ‘heartbeat bills’ on Wednesday, bills which would ban abortion after a heartbeat is detected in a preborn child, at approximately six weeks. The bill reportedly contains no exceptions for cases of rape, incest, etc. Other states considering similar legislation are, according to the Associated Press, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Mississippi previously passed a 15-week abortion ban, which a judge struck down late last year. The state plans to appeal that decision to the Fifth Circuit.

“Times are changing in this country,” Hill said. “We can see more of what’s happening in the womb… We can see that heart beating with those tests and I’ve had those tests and they’re not so bad.”

Hill talked about how happy she was when she heard the fetal heartbeat of her own children.

“I see in this country that we protect sea turtle eggs and we protect other endangered species of animals with a greater degree of scrutiny and zealousness than we protect a child in the womb that has a beating heart,” Hill said. “The womb should be the safest place in the world for an unborn child. I’m asking Mississippi to be different.”

… T]he heart is pumping the embryo’s own blood to his or her brain and body.16 All four chambers of the heart are present17 and more than 1 million heartbeats have occurred.18 The head, as well as the chest and abdominal cavities have formed19and the beginnings of the arms and legs are easily seen.20

This child, shown in the video below, is just seven weeks and three days old.

7 Weeks Pregnant -- Hiccups & Startle Response

Mississippi Legislature passes bills banning abortion after detectable heartbeat

I don't know.

Okay, that's nice and all in an ideal world. We don't live in one of those.

I knew a girl who had two abortions because she didn't want her strict,religious Asian parents to know she wasn't still a virgin at 22.

She kept going back to the same emotionally abusive guy.

As long as people make bad choices, we are going to have a need for abortion. So we either get people to make better choices, or we learn to live with it.
I knew a guy that constantly beast the shit out of his alcoholic wife who kept going back to him. Is that ok with you since we don't live in a perfect world?

People shouldn't take their bad choices out on drunk wives or innocent children

That's called logic.

again, do you suffer from some OCD where you are compelled to do this?

There is an argument. Fetuses aren't viable... therefore there's no real issue with terminating them.

Why?

The right that it's HER BODY and HER DECISION.

Look, the problem is, the science has already moved beyond the argument, we have abortion pills now...

What right do you have to tell her she has to give birth to a child she doesn't want?

You see, this is the question I keep asking you nutters, how are you going to enforce a law that 70% of the population thinks is stupid and will actively oppose?

I knew a guy that constantly beast the shit out of his alcoholic wife who kept going back to him. Is that ok with you since we don't live in a perfect world?

People shouldn't take their bad choices out on drunk wives or innocent children

beast the shit? Never mind, don't want to know.

Here's the thing. Domestic battery laws are enforceable... to a degree.

Abortion laws aren't.

Next lame argument.

Wrong.

There is no 'good medical policy.'

Sure there is. It's just not one you religious crazies like.

"Mississippi Legislature passes bills banning abortion after detectable heartbeat
Both the Mississippi House and Senate passed ‘heartbeat bills’ on Wednesday, bills which would ban abortion after a heartbeat is detected in a preborn child, at approximately six weeks.

Exactly why we can't leave these things to the chimps in the state capital.

I wasn't talking about "heartbeats", I was talking about VIABILITY..

One 1% of abortions are performed after the 21st week, the earliest viability there is. It is usually because the fetus is horribly deformed with Down Syndrom, Tay-Sachs, Brittle Bone or some other disease that will make it's life a living hell.

That's called logic.

There is an argument. Fetuses aren't viable... therefore there's no real issue with terminating them.

Why?

Look, the problem is, the science has already moved beyond the argument, we have abortion pills now...

What right do you have to tell her she has to give birth to a child she doesn't want?

You see, this is the question I keep asking you nutters, how are you going to enforce a law that 70% of the population thinks is stupid and will actively oppose?

" Fetuses aren't viable..."

What a stupid and totally transparent ploy.

If you didn't end their lives....they would continue to live.

"The right that it's HER BODY and HER DECISION. "

Watch how deftly I pulverize that lie.

How can it be 'her body'.....

a. It has a totally different DNA
b. She doesn't have the same fingerprints.
c. She doesn't have four arms and four legs.
d. Half the time, the offspring.....that's what 'fetus' means....is a different sex
e. Usually,the blood type is different.
f. As Randy Alcorn states in his book Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments, "A Chinese zygote implanted in a Swedish woman will always be Chinese, not Swedish, because his identity is based on his genetic code, not on that of the body in which he resides."
g. It is possible for a fetus to die while the mother lives, and it is possible for the mother to die while the fetus lives. This could not be true if the mother and child were simply one person.

Wow....I really made you look like a fool....

...oh....wait.....you are a fool!

That's called logic.

Why?

"What right do you have to tell her she has to give birth to a child she doesn't want? "

Rectitude.

I oppose murder.....even yours...........let me thing about that.....

She has every right not to have sex....did you know that it often leads to pregnancy,and the existence of a new individual?

That's called logic.

Why?

"...how are you going to enforce a law that 70% of the population thinks is stupid and will actively oppose?"

November 12, 1933 93.5% of German electorate (43,000,000) voted in favor of Nazi policies.

It is important to remind all of the difference between right and wrong.

What a stupid and totally transparent ploy.

If you didn't end their lives....they would continue to live.

So by that logic, we should let ectopic pregnancies (where the fetus attaches itself to the inside of the Fallopian tube) continue on because it's totally a "unique" baby. They are two percent of all pregnancies. We should compel women to have their rapists' babies. I'm just wondering how far you are willing to take this delusion.

Watch how deftly I pulverize that lie.

How can it be 'her body'.....

And it's inside her body, so none of that stuff really matters.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how you are going to make your religious crazy work as policy unless you are willing to imprison women for having abortions.

Forum List

Back