🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Would Jesus Say To Republicans

On why He is banned from State owned property: "If these Liberals know and love Me so well, why must they keep me from the State? Clearly, The State is their ultimate religion.

On why He is banned from State owned property: "If these Liberals know and love Me so well, why must they keep me from the State? Clearly, The State is their ultimate religion.
Because his current fan club is out to rule us and legislate morality. Seriously, if the christian right was not so dead set to police our bedrooms and reproductive organs and teach anti-science in schools there would not be such animosity. It has long been the view of liberals that Jesus the man had many awesome and admirable things to say but the christian authoritarians who claim to speak for him are fucking assholes.

Because his current fan club is out to rule us and legislate morality. Seriously, if the christian right was not so dead set to police our bedrooms and reproductive organs and teach anti-science in schools there would not be such animosity. It has long been the view of liberals that Jesus the man had many awesome and admirable things to say but the christian authoritarians who claim to speak for him are fucking assholes.

I agree with you that Christians should stay out of the bedroom..... But so should the Government. Further, Jesus would have a problem with citizens being forced to fork out more money to Caesar so that Sandra Fluke can get laid at Georgetown where they cover up the crucifix for the President.

The Jesus I was taught about growing up would tell you he loved you no matter what your political beliefs are. Maybe you guys are talking about a different Jesus.
The vengeful, money loving, war approving, gay hating Jesus of the right is a different Jesus. I've never encountered such a person in my bible.

The Jesus I was taught about growing up would tell you he loved you no matter what your political beliefs are. Maybe you guys are talking about a different Jesus.
The vengeful, money loving, war approving, gay hating Jesus of the right is a different Jesus. I've never encountered such a person in my bible.
That is one of the dumbest comments I have seen here and that's saying something.

I agree with you that Christians should stay out of the bedroom..... But so should the Government. Further, Jesus would have a problem with citizens being forced to fork out more money to Caesar so that Sandra Fluke can get laid at Georgetown where they cover up the crucifix for the President.
Don't recall Jesus having an explicit opinion on contraception, subsidized or otherwise. Therein lies the problem, it is up to us to interpret the correct course for changing times and new moral questions. All too often much lesser men filter these questions through their hatred, ignorance and prejudices. Personally I feel if faith, love and charity for all parties are absent from "the answer" then it is bogus. Judgement and condemnation come far too easily to politically minded Christians and it's one of the things Jesus said imperiled one's soul.

That is one of the dumbest comments I have seen here and that's saying something.
What's dumb about it? Please explain how the christian right wingers so full of anger and animosity for people they see as sinners are living by the example of Jesus as stated in the Holy Bible? Where's the love? Where's the grace? Where is disdain for worldly wealth? Jesus told us to reject the world not try to run it in his name.

What's dumb about it? Please explain how the christian right wingers so full of anger and animosity for people they see as sinners are living by the example of Jesus as stated in the Holy Bible? Where's the love? Where's the grace? Where is disdain for worldly wealth? Jesus told us to reject the world not try to run it in his name.
Whats dumb about it is Christian conservatives are not full of hate yes there are fringe people like that just as there are fringe liberal Christians these people are the exception not the norm trying to portray them otherwise is not only dumb but dishonest.

I am a agnostic, but I have a sneaking feeling Jesus won't like liberals very much for all the stones they cast. Jeese.
The GOP bears false witness. The Democrats point out the truth. Huge difference.

Whats dumb about it is Christian conservatives are not full of hate yes there are fringe people like that just as there are fringe liberal Christians these people are the exception not the norm trying to portray them otherwise is not only dumb but dishonest.

I've heard that false excuse before. So the fringe are running the party?

All movements are known by their zealots, especially religious movements. I am not dumb to how most Christians are individually as I was raised in the southern baptist tradition but as groups they are so easily led that it makes me sick. My personal belief is that if a person is going to be a Christian they should always put the clergy to the test as he did. Too many are devoted to the guy in the pulpit and do not question his motives in the least. In my opinion a christian does not need or want leadership from men in authority.

All movements are known by their zealots, especially religious movements. I am not dumb to how most Christians are individually as I was raised in the southern baptist tradition but as groups they are so easily led that it makes me sick. My personal belief is that if a person is going to be a Christian they should always put the clergy to the test as he did. Too many are devoted to the guy in the pulpit and do not question his motives in the least. In my opinion a christian does not need or want leadership from men in authority.
In my opinion you severely underestimate Christians.

Still taking it personally, never said the Christians are bad individually. The thrust of my comments concerns the political attitude of organized Conservative Christian movements and the sometime vitriolic tone they adopt when they themselves are put to the test. I ask these people where is their faith, love, charity and especially their humility when dealing with these issues? All I see is suspicion and condemnation when the followers of Jesus take up the cross of legally and forcibly keeping us from temptation.

Still taking it personally, never said the Christians are bad individually. The thrust of my comments concerns the political attitude of organized Conservative Christian movements and the sometime vitriolic tone they adopt when they themselves are put to the test. I ask these people where is their faith, love, charity and especially their humility when dealing with these issues? All I see is suspicion and condemnation when the followers of Jesus take up the cross of legally and forcibly keeping us from temptation.
Seems like your the one taking it personally as you seem to be the one focusing on the fringe the ones I pay no attention to because simply put they are not worth it.

Seems like your the one taking it personally as you seem to be the one focusing on the fringe the ones I pay no attention to because simply put they are not worth it.
I wish it were the fringe, they have been far too successful pushing their agenda of a christian nation to just be a few bad apples. No sir, political Christianity is mainstream and just like Muslims are criticized for not condemning their Jihadists I am being critical of mainstream Conservative Christianity not condemning these people for their primarily political mission and making them look hateful and authoritatian.

If Jesus was here to see the mess we're in now what advice would he have for Republicans.....God's chosen people. Let's see where Jesus stands on contemporary issues.

On Defense: "Love your enemies" "Blessed are the peacemakers" " If someone strikes you on the right cheek turn to him the other also".

On Social Programs: "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven".

On Rugged Individualism and Self Interest: "Love your neighbor as yourself" "So in all things, do unto others as you would have them do to you".

On Financial Success: " Truly I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven" You cannot serve both God and money".

On Paying Taxes: " Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's".

On Crime and Punishment: " If any of you is without sin let him be the first to throw stones" "Do not judge or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will measured upon you".

On Moral Absolutes: " If any of has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold and lift it out?" " The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath".

On Race Relations: In the parable of the Good Samaritan Jesus praised the morality of a hated foreigner over his own countrymen.

On Letting Others Pull Themselves Up By Their Own Bootstraps: " But when you give a banquet invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous".

Take heed sinners and repent before it's too late to save your immortal souls.

He might praise Republicans for actually trying to defend His teachings when the rest of the world rejects them.

Ever wonder what he would say to Democrat types that spend most of their energy attacking and demeaning people of the Christian faith?

On Defense: "Love your enemies" "Blessed are the peacemakers" " If someone strikes you on the right cheek turn to him the other also". where does he say "Let them saw off your heads."?

On Social Programs: "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven". uhm, cons outstrip leftist every year in charity donations

On Rugged Individualism and Self Interest: "Love your neighbor as yourself" "So in all things, do unto others as you would have them do to you". we do, you like to do unto us weather we want you to or not

On Financial Success: " Truly I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven" You cannot serve both God and money". 94% of scientist are leftist, those are high paying jobs

On Paying Taxes: " Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's". so if leftist want 100%, we should just stfu.....

On Crime and Punishment: " If any of you is without sin let him be the first to throw stones" "Do not judge or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will measured upon you". your ignorance really shines through here

On Moral Absolutes: " If any of has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold and lift it out?" " The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath". :lol: derp, then don't work on Sunday

On Race Relations: In the parable of the Good Samaritan Jesus praised the morality of a hated foreigner over his own countrymen. ahh, the lie that we hate immagrants, mmm

On Letting Others Pull Themselves Up By Their Own Bootstraps: " But when you give a banquet invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous". again, we give more

Take heed sinners and repent before it's too late to save your immortal souls. yea, don't bear false witness

You argue with the words of God, sinner, not with me.
your words are not the words of god derp

First off, Jesus wouldn't talk to Republicans - he would talk to Christians and sinners alike. Trying to put people in a box for the purpose of degrading them as a group - based off charges built from hyperbole and conjecture...

On Defense: "Love your enemies" "Blessed are the peacemakers" " If someone strikes you on the right cheek turn to him the other also".

What did Jesus mean when He said not to resist an evildoer, and to instead turn the other cheek (Matthew 5:39)?
In
Matthew 5:38-41 , Jesus made three radical statements. First, He said that a person should turn the other cheek when someone strikes him. Second, He declared that His followers should give those who sue them more than they are asking. Third, He said that a person conscripted by a Roman officer to carry a load for 1 mile should offer to go 2 miles. Does this mean that we should never resist when somebody attacks us? Should we let everyone take advantage of us?
This can’t be what Jesus meant. After all, Jesus denounced the Pharisees who attacked Him ( Matthew 23 ), and objected when He was struck by one of the officers of the high priest (
John 18:22-23). Further, He advised His disciples to take measures to defend themselves ( Matthew 10:16; Luke 22:36-38 ). He also declared that they shouldn’t worry beforehand about how they should respond to their enemies’ charges, because He would give them the right words to say so that their adversaries wouldn’t be able “to contradict or resist” them ( Luke 21:14-15 ).
Similarly, the apostle Paul aggressively defended himself against his enemies, asserting his rights as a Roman citizen, and making it clear to his attackers that there could be consequences if he were unlawfully harmed (
Acts 23:1-3; 25:14-27 ).
What Jesus asks of His followers is not passivity, but surrender of the right to personal revenge.

On Social Programs: "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven".

You do get half a point on this one as anyone living beyond meager means while watching their neighbors starve, or to do without in general is NOT what Jesus would have EVER done --- but then you would need to throw in Americans who are considered to be in "poverty" as well, because... they live better than the majority of the people in the world --- darn gluttonous "poor" Americans
The reason I only give you half a point is that Jesus never intended gov't to TAKE your money and define your doner recipients. He would want you to consider the people around you and for you to look for ways to help them make their world better --- whether that was buying them food, or helping them start a business, or feeding their dog while they were out of town.

I could do this for every point you made but it is awful time consuming. I will just assume you understand that misrepresenting the Bible in an effort to humiliate Republican Christians is unjustified.

It

Don't recall Jesus having an explicit opinion on contraception, subsidized or otherwise. Therein lies the problem, it is up to us to interpret the correct course for changing times and new moral questions. All too often much lesser men filter these questions through their hatred, ignorance and prejudices. Personally I feel if faith, love and charity for all parties are absent from "the answer" then it is bogus. Judgement and condemnation come far too easily to politically minded Christians and it's one of the things Jesus said imperiled one's soul.

A 3 pack of condems is priced $3-$5 a pack. If we are all in agreement that utmost, Jesus is about Charity and Love, it's a pretty safe bet that Jesus would prefer that I take that $3 and go directly to feed and clothe the poor vs. forking it over to The State so that a 1 percent elite can get laid while having the taxpayer pay for her birth control. This is not about interpreting Jesus' stance on Contraception. This is about Jesus being very explicit about what he wants his followers to do with our wealth. He is very explicit about this. Liberals like to use this as tactic against Christians under the Alinsky edict of holding others accountable to their rules. No where in the name of charity does Jesus talk about the role or mandates of the State .taking our money to do charity in the name of Jesus.

As a Christian, I am directly accountable to Jesus for redistribution of my wealth and my charitable acts. Judgments by the State and it's agents in areas of personal charity are at best laughable. Hence, I will direct my $3 to feed and clothe illegals and not subsidize the sex life of a 1 percenter.

Forum List

Back