What's it gonna take for this to end, people?

I could give you a lot of solutions, but folks that stand with the state don't want to hear it, they just want government to have the right to take freedom away, they don't want to hear anything else.
Ah, cliched talking points. What would we do without them?

I am suspicious of folks from foreign nations that come and try to take my freedom away.

Never do I hear from foreigners supporting my freedom.

I do find that pretty strange.

Bug off spook.

Some of us know about the Five Eyes operations.

Western spy agencies build ‘cyber magicians’ to manipulate online discourse
Western spy agencies build ‘cyber magicians’ to manipulate online discourse

How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations
How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations

Last edited:
Pre-Crime? Red flag laws? Can somebody's mental health state be legislated? Can somebody's intentions be pre-determined?
When Walmart bans carrying guns in their stores, who will be bringing guns into Walmart? The good guys for protection, or the bad guys for mass murder?
No easy answers here. I can only add that taking guns away from folks who have them exclusively for self defense is not the answer.
Maybe there are people who are using firearms for self defense, that are proven to be mentally unstable.

Do you want them to have any firearms if they are prone to commit suicide? Do you want them to have any firearms if they are proven to be a safety risk to others?

Where is the cutoff? When do we say "it isn't okay for you to have a gun"?
It's irrelevant if someone commits suicide with a gun and should not be part of the discussion.

Eh? So it is okay for someone like me, a mentally unstable person, who has attempted suicide twice in his life, to get a gun?

Make it easier for me to kill myself?

The thought sickens me.
There are literally thousands of other ways to kill yourself why do you think a gun is your only option?

Easy, I would like it quick and painless. What am I going to do, commit ritual suicide like a samurai or something? A gun to the head is the best way. The human brain can't process pain. My body won't have enough time to feel the pain, or know the pain once the insides of my skull are splattered on a nearby wall. I wouldn't bother with knives or a high jump of a bridge or cliff. Too much time for fear to set in before I leave this mortal plane.

Graphic enough for you? I have contemplated suicide. I have thought of at least a hundred ways to kill myself. I sought help for that, and willingly gave up any hope of owning a firearm for my own safety and the safety of others.

This is why I don't own a gun. This is why I know mentally unstable people should not be allowed to have guns either.

But, I guess there isn't an effective process for keeping the guns out of the hands of crazies, is there? We won't enforce the existing mental health restrictions on buying firearms, and passing more laws are useless if we won't enforce them.

Why do you think a person does not have the absolute right to decide whether he lives or dies?

If you think a person does not have the right to commit suicide why are you even suggesting that he has any other rights?

I am suspicious of folks from foreign nations that come and try to take my freedom away.
Come on. To think you could be less free to slaughter your fellow citizens today than you were yesterday. Perish the thought.

DISCLAIMER: This opinion in no way indicates my support or lack thereof of an assault weapons ban.

Now the opinion.

I feel that if you have an assault weapon, you should be able to keep it once a potential assault weapons ban goes into effect. However, if one were to take effect, you shouldn't be able buy any more. It seems like to me you are not being prevented from bearing the arms you purchased previously.

KEEP READING

On the other hand, the muskets and other long rifles used during the Revolutionary War were essentially what assault rifles are today: the top of the line weapons of their era. Presumably, the founders foresaw the use of even more advanced rifles for self defense by the citizenry, hence the Second Amendment.

So, two arguments. One question:

Is there a middle ground? What compromise can we reach to stop crazed mass shooters?

And no "enforce the laws we already have" wont work this time. The Odessa shooter exploited a loophole to get the weapon he murdered those people with.

Molon Abe? Please. Come and take them? Please. Stop trying to be the tough guy/gal you aren't.

Declare the NRA (and thus all 5.5 million of its members) as a domestic terror group like the city of San Francisco just did? Please. PLEASE. What the actual f**k man? Put your fake emotions away, you aren't convincing anyone.

Be reminded that if I have an opinion of my own on this subject, I will share it. Do not apply opinions to me. If you do, you will be ignored, immediately. Thank you, kindly.

Okay, let the cage match begin.
What is an assault weapon? Can you edit and leave out anti gun propaganda?

I will not be told how to write my threads.

It seems like everyone is offended by words these days. Or they are prone to parse them.

I am playing devil's advocate, and I am playing the angel on the other shoulder too.

The whole idea of this thread was not to push an agenda but to see if someone out there has a reasonable solution to this problem.

I agree with OKTexas we should enforce the laws that currently exist, not pass more laws that won't be enforced down the road.

I dispensed with my personal opinions on the subject to make this thread.

And now I know how pointless of an endeavor it is/was.

Pre-Crime? Red flag laws? Can somebody's mental health state be legislated? Can somebody's intentions be pre-determined?
When Walmart bans carrying guns in their stores, who will be bringing guns into Walmart? The good guys for protection, or the bad guys for mass murder?
No easy answers here. I can only add that taking guns away from folks who have them exclusively for self defense is not the answer.
Maybe there are people who are using firearms for self defense, that are proven to be mentally unstable.

Do you want them to have any firearms if they are prone to commit suicide? Do you want them to have any firearms if they are proven to be a safety risk to others?

It's irrelevant if someone commits suicide with a gun and should not be part of the discussion.

Eh? So it is okay for someone like me, a mentally unstable person, who has attempted suicide twice in his life, to get a gun?

Make it easier for me to kill myself?

The thought sickens me.
I don't give a fuck if you kill yourself much less how you do it.

Less than 1% of all murders
Yes, I know you think regular mass killings of other people an acceptable price to pay for easy access to handguns and assault style rifles.

And what do you care what an American thinks ?

You don't live here remember?

less than 1% of all murders occur in mass shootings.

It's not that big of a problem, it just gets all the media coverage

DISCLAIMER: This opinion in no way indicates my support or lack thereof of an assault weapons ban.

Now the opinion.

I feel that if you have an assault weapon, you should be able to keep it once a potential assault weapons ban goes into effect. However, if one were to take effect, you shouldn't be able buy any more. It seems like to me you are not being prevented from bearing the arms you purchased previously.

KEEP READING

On the other hand, the muskets and other long rifles used during the Revolutionary War were essentially what assault rifles are today: the top of the line weapons of their era. Presumably, the founders foresaw the use of even more advanced rifles for self defense by the citizenry, hence the Second Amendment.

Is there a middle ground? What compromise can we reach to stop crazed mass shooters?

And no "enforce the laws we already have" wont work this time. The Odessa shooter exploited a loophole to get the weapon he murdered those people with.

Molon Abe? Please. Come and take them? Please. Stop trying to be the tough guy/gal you aren't.

Declare the NRA (and thus all 5.5 million of its members) as a domestic terror group like the city of San Francisco just did? Please. PLEASE. What the actual f**k man? Put your fake emotions away, you aren't convincing anyone.

Be reminded that if I have an opinion of my own on this subject, I will share it. Do not apply opinions to me. If you do, you will be ignored, immediately. Thank you, kindly.

What is an assault weapon? Can you edit and leave out anti gun propaganda?

I will not be told how to write my threads.

It seems like everyone is offended by words these days. Or they are prone to parse them.

I am playing devil's advocate, and I am playing the angel on the other shoulder too.

The whole idea of this thread was not to push an agenda but to see if someone out there has a reasonable solution to this problem.

I agree with OKTexas we should enforce the laws that currently exist, not pass more laws that won't be enforced down the road.

I dispensed with my personal opinions on the subject to make this thread.

And now I know how pointless of an endeavor it is/was.
But there is no such thing as an assault rifle that you are referencing. If you want to be taken seriously don’t post bull shit. So again repost and ask about people possessing guns. That’s all it is . I pull trigger. Guns don’t assault lol

Come on. To think you could be less free to slaughter your fellow citizens today than you were yesterday. Perish the thought.

No one is free to commit murder you idiot
US citizens are more free to commit mass killings of their fellows than are citizens of countries where access to handguns and assault style rifles is severely restricted.

Why do you think people don't have a right to commit suicide?

If you think no one has the right to decide whether they live or die then doesn't that make your support of any other right a little contradictory?

Uh, no. Being pro-life for me extends beyond simply abortion. If life is so precious to you, why precipitate means to extinguish it? Why allow mentally unstable people or people with nothing to lose to obtain a firearm and either kill themselves or others?

less than 1% of all murders occur in mass shootings.

It's not that big of a problem, it just gets all the media coverage
Yes, as I said, I understand you don't mind the mass killing of other people as long as you have easy access to handguns and assault style rifles.

Now the opinion.

KEEP READING

Declare the NRA (and thus all 5.5 million of its members) as a domestic terror group like the city of San Francisco just did? Please. PLEASE. What the actual f**k? Put your fake emotions away, you aren't convincing anyone.

I’ll tell you this about the 2nd amendment: if the founding fathers knew that one day an assault rifle would invented, they would have made the amendment a lot more clear. Hell, it’s vague because they actually believed a goddamn musket was the best we could ever come up with.

I really don’t care that law-abiding citizens own guns because it has gotten to the point where people need guns. Too goddamn many wind up in the hands of criminals. If the country didn’t become so gun crazy to begin with, maybe the invention of guns would have been so much more limited to simple home protection and nothing else. Instead, this country has 11,000 deaths per year from guns - a rate that per capita far exceeds any other developed nation.

Republicans love guns simply because it gives them a false sense of manliness and toughness. If they didn’t have such childish minds, the 2nd amendment wouldn’t matter to them but instead they get butthurt about the slightest compromise.
All false and wrong.

They had what we would call assault rifles in the 18 the century meaning weapons which were breach loading and capable of rapid fire and they were used against us in the Revolutionary war which means the founding fathers knew about them

They knew perfectly well technology was advancing and better weaponry being invented,

You demonstrate typical left wing ignorance of history,

Republicans love the right to own guns which is necessary always.

Forum List

Back