What's new in Duhsantistan? Bloggers must register with the state

A new bill proposed by a Republican State Senator in Florida would require anybody paid to write a blog that reports on a governmental figure in the state to be registered with the state and file information about their articles and compensation. Totally the type of thing that happens in a free society. Let me get this straight... republicans want to keep big business and wealthy donors to politicians veiled in secrecy, via Citizens United, but want to out the reporters the government feels are slanted? Something tells me Tucker Carlson wont be registering his nonsense. Florida to Russia "Hold my beer" while we turn the place into a toxic dump site of humanity.

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/...te-about-governor-to-register-with-the-state/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.
Well, that's deplorable, but it isn't true. "A new bill" isn't the same as saying "bloggers must register with the state"!! How could a bill like that pass? It's just the usual state legislature hiccup.

DeSantis's "Make America Florida" slogan is going to get mocked mercilessly, by anyone with an iq over 50.
Is that really DeSantis' slogan? He isn't even running yet, if he does at all. So it can't be.

But I love it! Make America Florida! I can see some potential for alligator jokes ---

Fqeh9FUXsAE3GEx
So nothing again?

You don’t need to register your business if you’re just writing blog posts.
and you still wouldn’t under this proposed law

obviously once again yoj have shown you didn’t bother to read about the topic before posting you dembot idiot

and you still wouldn’t under this proposed law

obviously once again yoj have shown you didn’t bother to read about the topic before posting you dembot idiot
It’s the right wing morons bringing up business licenses. I believe you may be one of them.

Blogs who talk about politicians would have to register, which has no point beyond chilling free speech.

It’s the right wing morons bringing up business licenses. I believe you may be one of them.

Blogs who talk about politicians would have to register, which has no point beyond chilling free speech.
So you aren’t for regulations?

un maybe dembot idiot you should read the law

yoj only have to register if you are getting compensated

in business

why do you post on topics without having any basic understanding of the topic?

un maybe dembot idiot you should read the law

yoj only have to register if you are getting compensated

in business

why do you post on topics without having any basic understanding of the topic?
No one has to register for a business license if they’re writing blog posts, paid or otherwise.

Don’t ask stupid questions.
That would be stupid for you, a demofk who lives regulations. Want that gun business license registration . It does amaze me how you demofks can’t recognize your own hypocrisy

Forum List

Back