What's This "Cultural Appropriation" Shit?

The whole thing is nonsense. If a white girl likes the way she looks in dreadlocks or a black boy wants to play tennis, what's it to anyone else? I don't hear anyone where I live complaining about Arthur Ashe playing a white man's game.

It's not insulting, it's flattering. Sad that so many can't tell the difference. Tell me, are black people forbidden to enjoy Irish folk music? Is Charlie Pride a traitor to the small minded?
Its pretty obvious youre wrong. You cant tell someone they are flattered when they feel insulted. I dont listen to what people say Black people are forbidden to do.
Then be careful to not eat Chinese food, listen to Arabic music, or watch baseball and football. To avoid any chance of offending anyone, you are restricted to eating only the foods your mother prepared for you as a child, listening only to the music your parents played in your home, and watching only those sports that originated in Africa. Throw out the ABBA album I know you keep hidden away for those special moments. Remember, you don't get to decide if someone else should be insulted or not.
Why should I be careful of those things? There is a better way to minimize the chance of offending anyone. You simply ask the person which white people cant seem to figure out. Maybe thats one of the reasons they lack original thought. Their minds simply dont work that way or have common sense.
So, before you crank up the Mariachi music and open a Corona on Cinco de Mayo, you go up and down the street to make sure no one of Hispanic heritage will be offended by black people appropriating their culture? Do you make sure that all the Irish people around you are not offended if you order corned beef brisket on St Patrick's Day?

And how many people have to object before you honor their offended sensibilities?
I dont drink but I grew up with Mexicans. We already have a close relationship and have no need of formalities. I dont eat corned beef and damn sure dont celebrate drunk day.
Better not eat anything with corn in it. That is the sole property of Native Americans.

See how ridiculous it gets when you try to artificially restrict what people can enjoy?

Father forgive me for I ate chinese food tonite.........in my defense a real chinese-american person served it
Did you verify with an appropriate identification card, issued by the appropriate agency, that this individual was in fact of the nationality you described?
We need an army of govt inspectors to verify that...the food the décor and the owner are authentic and such info be p posted on the entrance. Meanwhile I'll settle for lifetime of chicken fried rice for the shame and guilt I feel

The whole thing is nonsense. If a white girl likes the way she looks in dreadlocks or a black boy wants to play tennis, what's it to anyone else? I don't hear anyone where I live complaining about Arthur Ashe playing a white man's game.
I dont think you understand what cutlural appropriation is. No one cares if a white girl wears dreads per say. Its the commercialization of the dreads and pretending like whites came up with it after mocking Blacks for decades about them.

Its pretty obvious youre wrong. You cant tell someone they are flattered when they feel insulted. I dont listen to what people say Black people are forbidden to do.
Then be careful to not eat Chinese food, listen to Arabic music, or watch baseball and football. To avoid any chance of offending anyone, you are restricted to eating only the foods your mother prepared for you as a child, listening only to the music your parents played in your home, and watching only those sports that originated in Africa. Throw out the ABBA album I know you keep hidden away for those special moments. Remember, you don't get to decide if someone else should be insulted or not.
Why should I be careful of those things? There is a better way to minimize the chance of offending anyone. You simply ask the person which white people cant seem to figure out. Maybe thats one of the reasons they lack original thought. Their minds simply dont work that way or have common sense.
So, before you crank up the Mariachi music and open a Corona on Cinco de Mayo, you go up and down the street to make sure no one of Hispanic heritage will be offended by black people appropriating their culture? Do you make sure that all the Irish people around you are not offended if you order corned beef brisket on St Patrick's Day?

And how many people have to object before you honor their offended sensibilities?
I dont drink but I grew up with Mexicans. We already have a close relationship and have no need of formalities. I dont eat corned beef and damn sure dont celebrate drunk day.
Better not eat anything with corn in it. That is the sole property of Native Americans.

See how ridiculous it gets when you try to artificially restrict what people can enjoy?
I love corn. No NA has ever told me that it was wrong to eat their food.

I see the amount of ridiculousness you are going to trying to prove a point you cant prove.

Father forgive me for I ate chinese food tonite.........in my defense a real chinese-american person served it
Did you verify with an appropriate identification card, issued by the appropriate agency, that this individual was in fact of the nationality you described?
We need an army of govt inspectors to verify that...the food the décor and the owner are authentic and such info be p posted on the entrance. Meanwhile I'll settle for lifetime of chicken fried rice for the shame and guilt I feel

Only egg roll for you. No more chicken fried rice.

You should be ashamed.

Making them stand in front of a hot wok.

Cultural appropriation is yet another made up leftist trigger phrase, which they believe gives them the right to bitch, moan, and whine even more than they already do. No one cares that a snowflake or two found some costume offensive and is now incapable of moving on from their safe space for fear of yet another thing offending them. Seriously, this bullshit needs to stop. It's beyond retarded.

What makes people think they "own" aspects of their culture? How adolescent.

Why People Say This Disney Costume is Cultural Appropriation
Its called originality. I have long said whites copy everything due to their inability for original thought. What makes it galling is they first mock it then copy it letting you know they were just jealous in the first place.

In this particular case. whites were too stupid to figure out that what they were doing was insulting to some people.

Guess you are going to stop using electricity then, right?

and for those people who are insulted, nut up.
Why would I stop using electricity when my people used it before whites were sentient?
Link? Cool beans.

I dont think you understand what cutlural appropriation is. No one cares if a white girl wears dreads per say. Its the commercialization of the dreads and pretending like whites came up with it after mocking Blacks for decades about them.

Now who is rationalizing?

Arthur Ashe has been dead for like ..... ages.

White people like you always are.

White people like you always are.

Uh huh.....

Who's pretending "whites" came up with stuff, and who cares if they didn't?

Arthur Ashe has been dead for like ..... ages.
Yes, and he's immortalized on Monument Avenue in Richmond. Go down the street and you see Confederate general after general, and at the end, Ashe with a tennis racket.

Whites pretend and they obviously are the ones that care or they wouldnt lie about it.

Whites pretend and they obviously are the ones that care or they wouldnt lie about it.
Again, who?

Again, who?
Whites.

Again, who?
Whites.
Too generic. Which whites? I want to know who you heard say what that led you to this belief.

Again, who?
Whites.
Too generic. Which whites? I want to know who you heard say what that led you to this belief.
Most whites. I cant reveal names. I can only have you watch white behavior and reactions.

Again, who?
Whites.
Most whites. I cant reveal names. I can only have you watch white behavior and reactions.
IOW, none. You think they do, you feel that they do, but you don't have any links (for example) to influential white people claiming they invented stuff that other people actually did. Pardon me if I take your assertion with a massive grain of salt. I do notice, however, that you apparently believe that you know "most whites", though you can't reveal their names. Interesting, that.

Forum List

Back