What's wrong with atheists?

I had someone ask me recently why, if atheism is so fulfilling, .

Atheism is as fulfilling as not collecting stamps is 'fulfilling'.

I don't believe in your fairy tales- why would you have any expectation that I would be 'fulfilled' by not believing in your fairy tales- or not collecting your stamps?

Quite all right, I don't believe YOUR fairy tales, either.

Yet you attack me for not believing in your fairy tales- but I do not go around attacking you for believing in your fairy tales.

Why are you such an asshole for Christ?

I didn't attack you at all, and I didn't attack anyone for their beliefs, I attacked their behavior. You either have a reading comprehension problem or you are a leftwit with a persecution complex.

You certainly did attack me- since I am an atheist- why are you now lying about what you said?

Clem:
I had someone ask me recently why, if atheism is so fulfilling, why are atheists so angry? I have been thinking about it and this is what I came up with:

Pathetic. Hypocritical. Illogical. Non factual. Atheists.

Now why do you feel compelled to attack me just because I don't believe in your fairy tales?

If someone weren't an atheist the ignorance and anger exhibited by the 'defenders of faith' in this thread would drive many in that direction. "Judge not lest ye be judged". According to many kristians these types of sayings from 'god' are just suggestions. Everyone is free to ignore or use what is in the bible as each sees fit, which defeats whatever Jesus said.

Most people that claim to be Christians are not.

Like many who make this claim, you do not appear to know what a Christian is. We don't have to agree with everything you say, approve of your behavior, etc.

It's you that doesn't know what a Christian is. That you would judge with anger your neighbors as if you set yourself as god betrays your nefarious intentions and it points out you have not read or do not follow what the bible said.

But you continue on judge of the universe. How you judge is how you will be judged. Well that's what the bible says anyway.

What a judgmental thing to say. .

Coming from the poster who called all atheists

That is pathetically hypocritical of you.

And you know this- how?

Certainly not true in my case. I am not even sure what God I would be supposed to be thinking was not behaving correctly? The god that may or not be the god of the Jews, Christians and Muslims? The gods of the Hindus? Coyote?

Why don't you believe in God?

Why would I?

Why would i believe in leprechauns or unicorns? Why don't I believe in Coyote? Why don't I believe in Thor? Or Ganesh? Or the Flying Spaghetti monster? Or the Vampire Lestat?

Hmmm I am an atheist and I am not angry. Even though once again I am being attacked by a Christian just because I don't believe in your fairy tale.

So- your claim is
a) Non-factual- since I am an atheist and not angry
b) Pathetic- since you felt the need to attack others for not believing in your fairy tales
c) Illogical- since you have not established that any atheists are angry.
d) Hypocritical- since you don't hold yourself to the same standard.

Why do you feel a need to attack atheists?

There are at least two types of atheist. The most common is the apathetic atheist. The second most common is the psychotic atheist. The psychotic atheist are the ones that the OP is referencing. Those are the ones that engage in abnormal sexual behaviors and hate being told by Christians that something is wrong with their particularly favorite sexual behavior. It's weird. I eat beef all the time but I don't care what Hindus say about me eating beef. I'm not sure why psychotic atheist care what Christians say about their particular flavor of sexual behavior. That's why I call them psychotic atheist. They want to destroy the people that disagree with them. I'm pretty sure that is utterly psychotic.

Is there a apathetic non-stamp collector? The one who just doesn't care whether other people are collecting stamps?
LOL.

I don't believe in the fairy tales that Christians believe- or Muslims believe or Jews believe. Invariably here at USMB though it is only Christians who feel an abnormal need to attack me for not believing in their fairy tales.

Then we have you- attacking atheists who engage in 'abnormal sexual behavior' - what the hell are those- specifically?

All adultery is wrong according to the Bible- and almost all remarriage after divorce is adultery according to the Bible- so according to the Bible- all sex outside of marriage and virtually all sex within a second or third marriage is 'adultery' - is that your 'abnormal sexual behavior'- that you feel a need to attack atheists for?

The OP did not attack me because I happen to enjoy getting a blow job from my wife- but attacked me because I don't believe in his fairy tales. My response to being attacked- to logically respond- is not psychotic- its entirely rational.

Now- why do so many Christians feel a need to attack atheists.

I attacked atheists for being assholes, what they actually believe is beside the point.

So if I attack Christians for being assholes who attack atheists- I am not attacking what they believe?

And fyi- by asshole Christians I mean self described faux Christians like you.

Most Christians have no issue with atheists- but there are some asshole faux Christians like yourself who go out of your way to attack those who don't believe in your fairy tales.

Another thing about atheists, they make everything personal. They are incapable of discussing ideas.

Another thing about those who generalize about atheists- they always are making up crap.

You want to discuss ideas- discuss ideas- and stop attacking me for being an atheist.

When someone attacks me- and calls me names for my lack of interest in believing in fairy tales- that doesn't set me up for a discussion of ideas.

Atheists go through their lives, raising a family, not bothering anyone

Until Christians....not Muslims, not Jews
Come around and start forcing their religion on the community and our schools

When Atheists speak up, Christians accuse them of being miserable and trying to force their beliefs on others

I had someone ask me recently why, if atheism is so fulfilling, why are atheists so angry? I have been thinking about it and this is what I came up with:

Number one, atheists have to establish some kind of victimhood status so they can make it personal. They'll go back a thousand years to complain about something the Church allegedly did (and they usually make that up) to establish some level of butthurtedness. (I know, that's not a word, stay on point.) The Crusades is one of their favorites because they can make things up about that and nobody bothers to check the facts.

One of their complaints is that they claim Christianity (It's always Christianity, they never bitch about Judaism or Islam) "passes laws" that keep them from doing things they want to do, whatever that is. Well, we don't "pass laws", we have state and federal legislatures to do that. So the real problem is that we vote. The idea that people who don't believe what they believe vote is repugnant to them. So they hate freedom.

Finally, if I ever meet an atheist who has the slightest inkling of a clue about what Christianity really believes I will shake his hand and buy him a cigar. What they usually do is twist the beliefs of a doomsday cult and claim that's what the Bible teaches and what Christianity believes.

BUT, let some cult (you know who you are) speak up and they will defend them with their dying breath because they think the very fact that heretics exist must mean they have a case.

I don't know any atheists who are "angry". I do know atheists who can't be bothered listening to others try to tell them they have to believe in something they find silly.

personally, white I believe, I have little patience for idiots who try to tell me I'm going to hell if I don't believe in their brand of religion.

i'll also point out that there are other religions besides Christianity and that some of us find Christianity silly and false. I personally don't care what you believe in, but there are choices other than Christian or atheist

Number one, atheists have to establish some kind of victimhood status so they can make it personal. They'll go back a thousand years to complain about something the Church allegedly did (and they usually make that up) to establish some level of butthurtedness. (I know, that's not a word, stay on point.) The Crusades is one of their favorites because they can make things up about that and nobody bothers to check the facts.

One of their complaints is that they claim Christianity (It's always Christianity, they never bitch about Judaism or Islam) "passes laws" that keep them from doing things they want to do, whatever that is. Well, we don't "pass laws", we have state and federal legislatures to do that. So the real problem is that we vote. The idea that people who don't believe what they believe vote is repugnant to them. So they hate freedom.

Finally, if I ever meet an atheist who has the slightest inkling of a clue about what Christianity really believes I will shake his hand and buy him a cigar. What they usually do is twist the beliefs of a doomsday cult and claim that's what the Bible teaches and what Christianity believes.

BUT, let some cult (you know who you are) speak up and they will defend them with their dying breath because they think the very fact that heretics exist must mean they have a case.

I don't know any atheists who are "angry". I do know atheists who can't be bothered listening to others try to tell them they have to believe in something they find silly.

personally, white I believe, I have little patience for idiots who try to tell me I'm going to hell if I don't believe in their brand of religion.

i'll also point out that there are other religions besides Christianity and that some of us find Christianity silly and false. I personally don't care what you believe in, but there are choices other than Christian or atheist

As an atheist, I can't go to Hell

Because I don't believe in Hell

only Christians believe in hell....and their vision of hell comes from dante's inferno.

There are atheist that practice celibacy or stay committed sexually to one person for life but those aren't the ones you are referencing. The atheist who have normal sex lives know that God doesn't exist but they don't really care enough about it to discuss it.
You do seem to be obsessed with connecting belief in fairy tales and sex.

Atheism isn't connected to sex. Militant atheism is connected to sex.

They are totally connected. If you are in an environment that most people believe in the silly fairy tale then what reason do you have to question it out loud? There is no incentive to question it out loud. There is none whatsoever. Apathetic atheist couldn't care less about the silly fairy tale that most people believe. Psychotic atheist are those who have unusual sexual behaviors. When I say unusual I don't mean illegal under Biblical standards. I mean they behave sexually in a way that less than 13% of the population behave sexually.

I am singling out the atheists who ARE like that, as exemplified by non-experts like Richard Dawkins, who IS NOT a theologian or a philosopher.
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion."

Richard Dawkins (The God Delusion)

Ah yes, now they come along and cite Dawkins, who says 'A little pedophilia is okay.'. And of course no one should miss his hilariously inept attempt at refuting Aquina's Five Ways. What a poseur, lol. He's mentally ill, seriously so. He melted down his own discussion board, once a real place for serious discussion, having some bizarre fit over something or other, and now has it censored, like a good little mullah from the 10th century. Only gushing sycophants need join.

I'm not an atheist, but I do believe there isn't a common point of view, or any generalization to be made about atheists and their world view. Some will believe in hating a lot of people, others will be tolerant of others.

For examples of intolerance, check out "militant atheism", as practiced by Mao or Stalin, for example. That kind of belief can also lead to some sort of pseudo-religion, North Korea being a strong case.

But what I want to say is that it is futile to point out the bad examples, for example what I have stated in the previous paragraph, as any sort of example that all atheists are like that. That type of argument, despite being faulty reasoning, is very often used on our forum.

On the contrary, I am singling out the atheists who ARE like that, as exemplified by non-experts like Richard Dawkins, who IS NOT a theologian or a philosopher. He should stick to his own specialty. THAT is a common characteristic of these types of trolls, they are attempting to expound on matters they know nothing about.

Exactly. Dawkins was raped by a homosexual teacher as a child, and it has affected him emotionally and mentally much deeper than he wants to admit, so his self-loathing takes the form of insanely bashing Christians as an outlet. As we have seen, this isn't working for him; he is clearly going insane by degrees. You see the same pattern in many of the 'new atheist' nutjobs who spam Religion forums all over the Web, and almost all of it directed at Christianity.

[ Most non-believers come from the premise of, "God doesn't behave how I imagine He should, therefore there is no God."

And you know this- how?

Certainly not true in my case. I am not even sure what God I would be supposed to be thinking was not behaving correctly? The god that may or not be the god of the Jews, Christians and Muslims? The gods of the Hindus? Coyote?

Meriweather "God doesn't behave how I imagine He should, therefore there is no God."

Syriusly I completely agree with your point.

There are so many gods to choose from and yet, its always the Christians who are so constantly pissed and constantly nagging and haranguing others to agree with them. Note to Pope Clement Even before I read your posts, the raised fist in your avi is a tip off. Why can't you just leave people alone? Live and let live? Why must everyone agree with what you believe?

[ Most non-believers come from the premise of, "God doesn't behave how I imagine He should, therefore there is no God."

And you know this- how?

Meriweather "God doesn't behave how I imagine He should, therefore there is no God."

There are so many gods to choose from and yet, its always the Christians who are so constantly pissed and constantly nagging and haranguing others to agree with them. Note to Pope Clement Even before I read your posts, the raised fist in your avi is a tip off. Why can't you just leave people alone? Live and let live? Why must everyone agree with what you believe?

Wow, you people really are clueless - as I have already explained, my avatar says "Procrastinators unite - tomorrow", and you want to make it a political statement. That''s the problem with you, everything is political, which means, everything is personal.

There are atheist that practice celibacy or stay committed sexually to one person for life but those aren't the ones you are referencing. The atheist who have normal sex lives know that God doesn't exist but they don't really care enough about it to discuss it.

Militant atheism is connected to sex..

According to you. Because of your obsession with sex.

And you know this- how?

Wow, you people really are clueless - as I have already explained, my avatar says "Procrastinators unite - tomorrow", and you want to make it a political statement. That''s the problem with you, everything is political, which means, everything is personal.

That's the problem with you- you attack those who don't believe in your fairy tales because you choose to be an asshole.

[. You see the same pattern in many of the 'new atheist' nutjobs who spam Religion forums all over the Web, and almost all of it directed at Christianity.

Note this thread was created by a Christian nutjob who spams the Religion forum here at USMB- all of it directed against atheists.

If Heaven doesn't exist , neither does hell

As an Atheist, I can't go to a hell I don't believe in

Good post. Except that its the other way around. People do not choose atheism over Christianity. We are not born believing in God. We are taught to believe in God. Many educate themselves and learn that there is no reason to believe in God and many many reasons not to believe in God.

Keep in mind nor are we born knowing fire is hot. Even after being taught fire is hot, many have to test (or self-educate) this truth. Since fire is physical, this is much easier for a child to test. Educating oneself--and coming to know God--is a lot more complex

BTW, I believe in Jesus but no, I don't believe in God. That means I don't blame or credit God with the events in my life. Instead, I learn from Jesus' words and actions and try to emulate him.

Jesus believed in God. Do you believe Jesus was mistaken when he spoke of Him?

Meriweather
Jesus believed in God. Do you believe Jesus was mistaken when he spoke of Him?

I wasn't there so can't say what Jesus believed it but its likely he believed in all the same gods that his peers believed in.

Jesus was not a Christian.

If Heaven doesn't exist , neither does hell

As an Atheist, I can't go to a hell I don't believe in

That's the rub about "Satanism" as well. Before you can believe in the devil, you first have to believe in the Christian god.

Atheism isn't connected to sex. Militant atheism is connected to sex.

They are totally connected. If you are in an environment that most people believe in the silly fairy tale then what reason do you have to question it out loud? There is no incentive to question it out loud. There is none whatsoever. Apathetic atheist couldn't care less about the silly fairy tale that most people believe. Psychotic atheist are those who have unusual sexual behaviors. When I say unusual I don't mean illegal under Biblical standards. I mean they behave sexually in a way that less than 13% of the population behave sexually.
plenty of religious nuts have weird hangs up about sex.

and there is no normal since all human behavior exists on a continuum

Forum List

Back