What's wrong with Christianity

No. Those are facts. Look them up if you like.
They were opinions of some of the founding fathers. That's what you posted.
We aren't a democracy. We are a Republic. And it is nothing at all like Plato's Republic.
Our form of government is a republic, based on Democratic principles.

I was saying there's good and bad in any group, sorry that is a fact.
You asked what is wrong. In our opinions. Facts have nothing to do with an opinion. You go with your belief, or emotion, or feeling, etc. You have two threads. One in a positive response light, one in a negative. Yet you want to turn this thread into a positive.

You are wishy washy.

/thread

These are all opinions, not facts.
But before I go...you stated in your op to respond and to "enjoy" or whatever it was you said. Now you want facts to go along with OPINIONS.

Your opening post:
If you have negative feelings about something in Christianity feel free to post it here (but back it up with facts). I created an alternate thread called what is right about Christianity, for those who want to post the like. I'm hoping to avoid the constant bickering that often occurs between posters which ends up distracting from the conversation (except when I want to distract by stating your opinion is not a fact). Enjoy !

Like I said...wishy washy hypocritical.

Toodles. Time for you to go on iggie I guess. You keep switching shit around then blame a "machine".

*eye roll*

//thread again

Last edited:

For Ding : What you posted, Noah Webster, " In my view " which means in my opinion, Samuel Adams- statement was supporting the indoctrination of all youth to fear and love god, of course the Christian God. Benjamin Rush- supporting either the same indoctrination as Adams or the doctrine of another Christian sect seeking the same ends, Gouvenreur Morris- promoting another very religious opinion. Most schools had religious origins. The bottom line is everyone has their own opinion and that's fine but opinions aren't facts. Religion is a physical institution, it is a fact. God is not a fact that can be proven yet.

You asked what is wrong. In our opinions. Facts have nothing to do with an opinion. You go with your belief, or emotion, or feeling, etc. You have two threads. One in a positive response light, one in a negative. Yet you want to turn this thread into a positive.

You are wishy washy.

/thread
I do not want to cause any controversy. I appreciate all responses. I guess I will have to limit my responses to a simple thank you. I'm sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent.

So not like a Greek Democracy. For good reasons I might add.

Three branches of government; judicial, law givers, president.

1628741898013.png

You posted a quote from the Bible. How ironic. Ask any judge or lawyer if our laws are based on Christian morals or ethics.
Ethics; from the Greek ( pagan ) word ethos meaning character and Morals; from the Latin ( pagan ) word mores meaning customs.

Both threads proved very interesting to me. Some answers were very telling of the person doing the telling. Some answers are out right illuminated, inspiring both negative and positive posts had something to offer, not all, of course, but most offered the reader something to ponder.

What's your view on the subject?
Do you believe there is a god and always was?

What's your view on the subject?
Do you believe there is a god and always was?
I know there is a God, unlike any human being could imagine. Time only exists in this physical world. I asked the right questions.

I know there is a God, unlike any human being could imagine. Time only exists in this physical world. I asked the right questions.

I you know that perhaps you might like to show any evidence you have to that effect.
I'll say now, I know you can't. The same for you saying you know there is a god. You don't. You have never seen, heard or interacted with any God, ever.
Don't bother telling me You have unique experiences others don't because that is another lie.

If you like, keep going. What godbotherers usually do is, they pray for me. Not long after they quote bible passages which they believe are the word of God hoping to convince me. Further on some other godbotherers jump in to save the debate from thise sinful atheists getting the upper hand.
Then comes the punch line. I am condemned to hell for my recalcitrance.

Do you want to go on with this?
I'm very good at defending my position. Try me.

I quit Catholicism
Good for you. Catholicism is another word for worldliness, not that I suppose you quit that.
None of this, NONE OF THIS, has anything to do with any belief in Jesus.
Of course not. You have all that Popery and Patriarchy and the Lady can't claim herself pure anymore with all that.
23. Modern science was born in the Catholic Church.
Charles Darwin, Linnæus, Big Bang theory. Ashkenazi Jews and certain other groups have absolute veto and censorship power on science as well as the Catholic Church.
24. Catholic priests developed the idea of free-market.
No way, José. That's cártel communism.
25. The Catholic Church invented the university.
Oh sure. Gay celibate priests are educating fools for bachelorhood and slave ownership.
26. Western law grew out of Church canon law.
There is no salvation under works of the law, or in the deadness of the letter of the law of the church canon.
27. The Church humanized the West by insisting on the sacredness of all human life.
Nah. It's all gun-grabbing cártel communism with an abortion in a back alley on a suitable confession of a lady's "circumstances" to a celibate male priest. Old Testament medicine in the 21st century.

What's wrong with Christianity​

As this is posed as a statement rather than a question, we must accept, verbally, that there are defects in this religion. But, as all religions are equally unverifiable, this is an endless and purposeless pursuit.
That said, if one prime defect of "Christianity" were to be selected, many of us would say that it is the lack of real, practical application by those claiming to be part of it more than anything else.

I you know that perhaps you might like to show any evidence you have to that effect.
I'll say now, I know you can't. The same for you saying you know there is a god. You don't. You have never seen, heard or interacted with any God, ever.
Don't bother telling me You have unique experiences others don't because that is another lie.

If you like, keep going. What godbotherers usually do is, they pray for me. Not long after they quote bible passages which they believe are the word of God hoping to convince me. Further on some other godbotherers jump in to save the debate from thise sinful atheists getting the upper hand.

God is Not of this universe, God exists in a parallel universe. I can't prove this to you, only things in this physical Universe can be proven. God is beyond that. I really don't care if you believe me or not I am sharing my reality with you. If you don't want to know any more, simply don't ask.

What's wrong with Christianity​

As this is posed as a statement rather than a question, we must accept, verbally, that there are defects in this religion. But, as all religions are equally unverifiable, this is an endless and purposeless pursuit.
That said, if one prime defect of "Christianity" were to be selected, many of us would say that it is the lack of real, practical application by those claiming to be part of it more than anything else.
Your purpose is the journey itself.

I am not a godbotherer and no one's going to hell. Heaven and hell are religious concepts, they don't exist. Being an atheist does no one any harm.

I missed the prayer part, the natural God does not request, require or demand any prayers from

Missed the prayer part, the natural God does not request, require or demand prayers from anyone. You are more free to live your life as an individual than you even realize.

If you have negative feelings about something in Christianity feel free to post it here. I created an alternate thread called what is right about Christianity, for those who want to post the like. I'm hoping to avoid the constant bickering that often occurs between posters which ends up distracting from the conversation. Enjoy !

One of the biggest problems with Christianity is that it seems to lead to more violence. Not always, but the top 34 countries in the world for murders are.... Christian countries. A coincidence? Not really. As you go through the list of countries, there's many more Christian countries than other countries.

In Asia, The Philippines is one of the most dangerous countries. Usually right up there, recently it's been up there with Burma, which has its own special issues right now. It's also the only Christian country in the region.

I missed the prayer part, the natural God does not request, require or demand any prayers from

Missed the prayer part, the natural God does not request, require or demand prayers from anyone. You are more free to live your life as an individual than you even realize.

Who is this natural God? No one has ever seen evidence of it. It you are referring to the natural wonders of the universe and calling it God, that's wrong.
I'll ask again, where's your evidence of a god?

As for living free, try being an atheist.
Not a single care in the world, no hangups about some susupernatural ghost watching 24/7, no silly laws to obey and no sins. That's freedom from religion.

One of the biggest problems with Christianity is that it seems to lead to more violence. Not always, but the top 34 countries in the world for murders are.... Christian countries. A coincidence? Not really. As you go through the list of countries, there's many more Christian countries than other countries.

In Asia, The Philippines is one of the most dangerous countries. Usually right up there, recently it's been up there with Burma, which has its own special issues right now. It's also the only Christian country in the region.
Interesting concept, thank you, Stan.

Forum List

Back