When Has A U.S. President Saluted An Enemy General?

dessert storm

DdUw.gif

So Trump slaps tariffs on our closest allies, snubs them, bails early on them, and then attacks them via Twitter once he's safely on Air Force One, jets off to see his new BFF Kim Jong Un, a murderous dictator, says we are canceling our military exercises with South Korea (ones that I've taken part in, as well as visiting the DMZ) and if all of that is not bad enough, this moron salutes an enemy General.

This guy is a special kind of stupid.

(What do you think Kim is thinking in this picture? "Holy Shit, the Dotard is even dumber than I thought!")
Those same conservatives who condemned Obama for bowing to a foreign dignitary, celebrate Trump for saluting and honoring a N Korean General involved in genocide

Link to us celebrating darling?

Thousands of Conservatives were dancing in the streets of NJ when Trump saluted a tyrant General.......believe me

Link cupcake?
I saw it on TV

Well that is proof.....

You also saw on TV where Trump had no path to victory based on polls.

How did that work out for you darling?

Sigh...another idiot.
huh, i am agreeing with you. it is not trump's fault. he attempted to initially shake hands. but then he somehow ended up saluting. it cannot be his fault, so he was somehow forced. on the other hand, i learnt that it is absolutely correct to salute enemy soldiers if you are trump. so WINNING!

Sorry.

Shit, am I reading this right? :21:
it's awesome. LOL

Guess I was right the first time.

Maybe sneak out the back, save what you can.

You seem to forget that Trump ran from Vietnam and that there were no wars for Obama to serve in.

How about Desert Storm? Barry the Fairy was 30, well below the cut-off age. Add that to his claim his parents met at the Selma bridge in '65, 4 years after he was born.....which made him 26 when my son and others went over the berm into Kuwait....Barry never showed up.....President Chickenshit.

There was no draft for the Gulf War, Obama didn't have to come up with a make believe illness to avoid fighting it.

huh, i am agreeing with you. it is not trump's fault. he attempted to initially shake hands. but then he somehow ended up saluting. it cannot be his fault, so he was somehow forced. on the other hand, i learnt that it is absolutely correct to salute enemy soldiers if you are trump. so WINNING!

Sorry.

Shit, am I reading this right? :21:
it's awesome. LOL

Guess I was right the first time.

Maybe sneak out the back, save what you can.

Yup, probably first time LK accomplished anything.

Google. Can you find anything where it's OK for a U.S. President to salute a North Korean General? You have the opportunity to prove John Wayne's point, why don't you?

If you watch the tape Trump attempts to initially shake hands. WTF is wrong with you loons.

Yep, it showed me that Trump didn't know what the fuck to do and followed the NK general's lead. Just the same, he saluted him and it's currently being used in North Korea as propaganda.

Idiots, the lot of you.
no.

the fucking idiotic thing to do when trying to negotiate out of 60 years of "war" would be to insult the other side vs. work to build some trust and mutual respect.

Who said anything about insult? He should have just shook the guys hand and moved on.

trump "dis'ing" the man would not go well when trying to come to a conclusion to this "war". but hey - you can bitch at trump and have a shiney new tonka toy in this action to stroll around the floor while singing "yes i know trump sucks today, doo-dah, doo-dah..."

Again, the possibilities are greater than saluting a north korean general and 'dis'ing' him and end up somehow in a war because of it. I bet the real author of The Art of the Deal knows this.
i'll bet only trump haters give a shit about this.

North Korea appears to care, they are currently showing this to their country.

i'll bet only trump haters are coming up with reasons why this is wrong.

No, it was pointed out to Trump before this happened that it is wrong. It's been wrong before this recent trip, you will never see an American citizen salute a North Korean in uniform before now.

i'll listen to the military family - not a whiner who would whine regardless of what trump did.

Even though they can't find any info to back up their source? The real reason you are listening to John Wayne is because he is defending Trump, nothing more, nothing less.

If Obama had saluted you'd be all over it.

Not many people know that when the Japaneses surrendered to McAurther that the commanding officer saluted him and surrendered his sword. If they surrender their nukes as we believe will happen quickly it will be that same surrender. You all are going to be real upset that the Korean war will now be officially over..

You're dumber than Trump.

Where did you learn military honors and ceremonies? The Girl Scouts?

6 years in the U.S. Army, 1986-1992.

Took part in the same exercises your dumbass President is trying to cancel to impress his new BFF.

OK, now I see the problem. I served before you, after you and still work for the military. You should have stayed in the Girl Scouts instead of having your testicles removed.

And you’re still as dumb as you were on the day you first enlisted. I’ll give you points for consistency.

And it’s grest to hear you have a picture of Trump on your wall......

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha......!!!!!!!

I work for the United States Army dumbass! His picture is there as was Obungles before him.

There was no draft for the Gulf War, Obama didn't have to come up with a make believe illness to avoid fighting it.

Damn, I got one dumber than Rightwinger here folks......why would there have to be a DRAFT to get Hussein into a uniform? Surely he'd have volunteered if he hadn't traded in Larry Sinclair for Mike, right? BTW, the DOD requires medical proof of a disqualifying condition.....you know, like x-rays maybe? 4 of Trump's deferments were "2S"....he was in college. The LBJ wisdom at the time was to let us blue-collar boys fight the war and when it came time to invade the north, chicken out.

Ohhh, now I see why (never in the military) John Wayne thinks it's OK to salute a North Korean General, Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that's normal. What an idiot.

Did Allied POWs salute their German captors during WWII?

cropped.jpg

I guess this is photoshopped!

Just shows how little some folks actually know about the military and it protocols.

My whole family was military until this generation and I've seen may a salute given and returned.

Ain't rocket science but you need to at least be familiar with how the military does things.

Well, no, it shows how little John Wayne knows and he's looking for any little tidbit that will demonstrate a U.S. President should salute a North Korean General and he's using WWII protocols for how a captured POW should salute their captors, however only if their rank is equal or higher. It's two completely different things, but leave to you twats to look for any excuse, including distorting history to rationalize Trump.

You can't even read your own source. Have you noticed that not a single person has come to your defense or assisted in your argument? It's because you can't read!

What of my source have I gotten wrong? And yeah, there are quite a few people in this thread who don't think it's appropriate and a propaganda win for a U.S. president to salute a North Korean General.

Once more for possible penetration, Trump RETURNED a salute. The General saluted HIM.

Your source stated that officers and enlisted were both to salute the officers of their captors. Learn to read for content, dumbass!

Once more for possible penetration, Trump RETURNED a salute. The General saluted HIM.

Your source stated that officers and enlisted were both to salute the officers of their captors. Learn to read for content, dumbass!

Another example of picking the right propaganda photo to make Trump look bad....like Merkel bending over the table supposedly confronting Trump at the G7 when the next pic showed them all laughing about something.

Damn, I got one dumber than Rightwinger here folks......why would there have to be a DRAFT to get Hussein into a uniform? Surely he'd have volunteered if he hadn't traded in Larry Sinclair for Mike, right? BTW, the DOD requires medical proof of a disqualifying condition.....you know, like x-rays maybe? 4 of Trump's deferments were "2S"....he was in college. The LBJ wisdom at the time was to let us blue-collar boys fight the war and when it came time to invade the north, chicken out.

It's very simple, moron, Obama did'n't dodge a draft, that's what is fucked up about the bone spurs, not whether Trump served or not, that he lied not to.

I'm sorry you don't understand the rather obvious point.

cropped.jpg

So, basically you can't prove that it is military protocol for for a U.S. President to salute a North Korean General. Instead you come back with POW's saluting their captors?

That is actually a separate deal between military POWs and their captors and has nothing to do with this situation with Trump.

If You Should Be Captured, These Are Your Rights - War Department Pamphlet No. 21-7 - May 1944 (Lone Sentry)

If you are an enlisted prisoner of war, you must salute all enemy officers. If you are an officer prisoner of war, you salute only enemy officers of equal or higher rank. You render your own salute, not the salute as executed by the enemy.

God damn, buddy, if you served then I can only imagine the disgust those you served with would feel about you.

You just proved me right, dumbass!

Can you PM me your personal address so that I can send the guys in the little white coats to come take you back to the home for the Terminally Bewildered?

What a loon!

Every person on this message board with an IQ above room temperature is laughing their ass off at your pathetic existence.

How were you proved right? You showed a very specific situation where POWs are told to salute their captors and only of equal or higher rank. Has nothing to do with the President saluting a General of a rogue state that we currently have sanctions against.

Are you saying the General is equal to the President? Are you saying the President is a POW? You're simply trying to fit a very square peg in a very round hole. You're a disgusting Trump apologist.

One more try!

It is the same fucking thing, dumbass!

Nope, It's part of a WWII field manual that POWs salute enemy captors of equal or higher rank. None of this applies to the President and Trump was specifically told not to salute. You're original point was that it was military protocol to return any salute, you have so far failed to prove this and it's because you're wrong, John Wayne, if you were right you would have had a source to back you up.

The North Korean General saluted. The appropriate response is to return the salute. Returning a salute is required because to not do so is considered offensive. I am offering my respect to you by saluting. Your failure to return it is the same as saying "Fuck off and die, bitch!"

Once again, prove it. What is your source that it is appropriate for a U.S. President....or anyone to salute a North Korean general? You do not have a source that states this is appropriate regardless of who saluted who first. And no, the General didn't even appear to be expecting a salute in return, not that it matters but a simple handshake would of sufficed. Hell, that didn't even look necessary but at least understanding.

Note that your reference only refers to offering the salute, and does not say anything about returning a salute because that is always expected.

Great, well as it should be obvious, that's your point to prove and you haven't linked to anything that backs you up. Are you serious?

You want a John Wayne reference? In the movie Rio Grande, John Wayne plays a cavalry colonel whose own son is sent to his unit after he flunks out of West Point. They have not seen each other in 15 years, since the Civil War. When the new recruit is brought to his father, they discuss how things are going to be. When dismissed, his son salutes his father, at which point the colonel half heartedly waves a salute back at him from a seated position. When the recruit remains at attention, his father asks what he is waiting for. The recruit tells his father that his salute is to be properly returned, at which point the first sergeant chuckles, but draws a quick rebuke from the colonel, who rises, puts on his cover, and properly returns his son's salute. The recruit is then dismissed. Even Hollywood got it right, and that movie was made in 1950.

Are you god damned kidding me? You're really using a John Wayne movie as a source?

Maybe we should see how Genghis Khan would have handled this. I know of this great totally real documentary on the Mongolian leader.

View attachment 198765

I used a source that you might believe since you seem to suck up every fairy tale offered by your libtard friends.

You seem to forget that Trump ran from Vietnam and that there were no wars for Obama to serve in.

How about Desert Storm? Barry the Fairy was 30, well below the cut-off age. Add that to his claim his parents met at the Selma bridge in '65, 4 years after he was born.....which made him 26 when my son and others went over the berm into Kuwait....Barry never showed up.....President Chickenshit.

Where is your proof that it was a make believe illness? Bone spurs are real, you know.

cropped.jpg

Just shows how little some folks actually know about the military and it protocols.

My whole family was military until this generation and I've seen may a salute given and returned.

Ain't rocket science but you need to at least be familiar with how the military does things.

Well, no, it shows how little John Wayne knows and he's looking for any little tidbit that will demonstrate a U.S. President should salute a North Korean General and he's using WWII protocols for how a captured POW should salute their captors, however only if their rank is equal or higher. It's two completely different things, but leave to you twats to look for any excuse, including distorting history to rationalize Trump.

You can't even read your own source. Have you noticed that not a single person has come to your defense or assisted in your argument? It's because you can't read!

What of my source have I gotten wrong? And yeah, there are quite a few people in this thread who don't think it's appropriate and a propaganda win for a U.S. president to salute a North Korean General.

Once again, where is your source that dictates it's OK for a U.S. President to salute to a rogue state like North Korea? Big news here, returning a salute is still a salute. Where is that military protocol you were referring to? an't find it?

And yes, my source comes from your picture that you were attempting to demonstrate that enemy soldiers salute each other, I merely put your source in context in that it related to WWII POWS. So, you made the claim that military protocol is that it's ok for the military to return all salutes, or at least this one. So, prove it, where is your source?

So, basically you can't prove that it is military protocol for for a U.S. President to salute a North Korean General. Instead you come back with POW's saluting their captors?

That is actually a separate deal between military POWs and their captors and has nothing to do with this situation with Trump.

If You Should Be Captured, These Are Your Rights - War Department Pamphlet No. 21-7 - May 1944 (Lone Sentry)

If you are an enlisted prisoner of war, you must salute all enemy officers. If you are an officer prisoner of war, you salute only enemy officers of equal or higher rank. You render your own salute, not the salute as executed by the enemy.

God damn, buddy, if you served then I can only imagine the disgust those you served with would feel about you.

You just proved me right, dumbass!

Can you PM me your personal address so that I can send the guys in the little white coats to come take you back to the home for the Terminally Bewildered?

What a loon!

Every person on this message board with an IQ above room temperature is laughing their ass off at your pathetic existence.

How were you proved right? You showed a very specific situation where POWs are told to salute their captors and only of equal or higher rank. Has nothing to do with the President saluting a General of a rogue state that we currently have sanctions against.

Are you saying the General is equal to the President? Are you saying the President is a POW? You're simply trying to fit a very square peg in a very round hole. You're a disgusting Trump apologist.

One more try!

It is the same fucking thing, dumbass!

Nope, It's part of a WWII field manual that POWs salute enemy captors of equal or higher rank. None of this applies to the President and Trump was specifically told not to salute. You're original point was that it was military protocol to return any salute, you have so far failed to prove this and it's because you're wrong, John Wayne, if you were right you would have had a source to back you up.

The North Korean General saluted. The appropriate response is to return the salute. Returning a salute is required because to not do so is considered offensive. I am offering my respect to you by saluting. Your failure to return it is the same as saying "Fuck off and die, bitch!"

Once again, prove it. What is your source that it is appropriate for a U.S. President....or anyone to salute a North Korean general? You do not have a source that states this is appropriate regardless of who saluted who first. And no, the General didn't even appear to be expecting a salute in return, not that it matters but a simple handshake would of sufficed. Hell, that didn't even look necessary but at least understanding.

Note that your reference only refers to offering the salute, and does not say anything about returning a salute because that is always expected.

Great, well as it should be obvious, that's your point to prove and you haven't linked to anything that backs you up. Are you serious?

You want a John Wayne reference? In the movie Rio Grande, John Wayne plays a cavalry colonel whose own son is sent to his unit after he flunks out of West Point. They have not seen each other in 15 years, since the Civil War. When the new recruit is brought to his father, they discuss how things are going to be. When dismissed, his son salutes his father, at which point the colonel half heartedly waves a salute back at him from a seated position. When the recruit remains at attention, his father asks what he is waiting for. The recruit tells his father that his salute is to be properly returned, at which point the first sergeant chuckles, but draws a quick rebuke from the colonel, who rises, puts on his cover, and properly returns his son's salute. The recruit is then dismissed. Even Hollywood got it right, and that movie was made in 1950.

Are you god damned kidding me? You're really using a John Wayne movie as a source?

Maybe we should see how Genghis Khan would have handled this. I know of this great totally real documentary on the Mongolian leader.

View attachment 198765

I used a source that you might believe since you seem to suck up every fairy tale offered by your libtard friends.

What source, a John Wayne movie?

It's very simple, moron, Obama did'n't dodge a draft, that's what is fucked up about the bone spurs, not whether Trump served or not, that he lied not to.

I'm sorry you don't understand the rather obvious point.

I just dropped a deuce on your "point", pinhead. You can't "dodge" a draft by having a genuine medical condition. You'd know trying to hump a 90 lb rucksack 10 kilometers double-time would be pretty rough with bone spurs in your ankles if you could even lift 90 lbs, which I doubt.

Forum List

Back