When Our Government Allowed to Raid an Attorney’s Office

When Our Government-Authorized Thugs Break Into An Aattorney's Office to Impound Confidential Files in an On going Politically-Motivated Investigation
Then I’m sorry to say that the UNITED STATES of AMERICA
must be declared
OVER and DONE WITH!
What more can possibly be done to damage this country?
Never use your attorney as your bagman to deliver money to hookers
I guess you know
I certainly do know enough not to be a client's bagman because I don't intend to be subject to a search warrant. LOL

The Government is allowed to raid when they have a search warrant

It is in the fourth amendment
It only applies to a clients attorney if they can proof that a crime was committed
No, the govt only needs probable cause to believe the attorney has information that is not privileged and more likely than not relevant to proving a crime.

Donny really really shouldn't have said Cohen paid Stormy all on his own. A mistake bigly. Maybe as bigly as firing Comey. LOL
how so? he wasn't under oath. see there you go again throwing out the law.

Donny really really shouldn't have said Cohen paid Stormy all on his own. A mistake bigly. Maybe as bigly as firing Comey. LOL
Because if Cohen paid off Stormy and wasn't representing Trump when he did so, Cohen's records are not protected by attny-client privilege. Which is why all the gummt needs to get a search warrant for them is to show probable cause they are relevant to prove facts that could show a crime occurred.

When Our Government-Authorized Thugs Break Into An Aattorney's Office to Impound Confidential Files in an On going Politically-Motivated Investigation
Then I’m sorry to say that the UNITED STATES of AMERICA
must be declared
OVER and DONE WITH!
What more can possibly be done to damage this country?
Crooked lawyers go to jail all the time. Idiot.

Because if Cohen paid off Stormy and wasn't representing Trump when he did so, Cohen's records are not protected by attny-client privilege. Which is why all the gummt needs to get a search warrant for them is to show probable cause they are relevant to prove facts that could show a crime occurred.
PS, but very possibly the FBI (and its not Mueller searching Cohen's records) caught up some documents that ARE privileged because they deal with other transactions Cohen did when he was representing Trump.

but when Trump stood on AF-1 and told reporters Cohen was on his own paying off Stormy a lot of us NeverTrumpers were going "FOKC YES!" LOL

but like another poster said--it is very rare....and this was not to investigate a murder/rape/stolen nuke/kidnapping/etc......nothing near as serious
so--there is a legitimate concern about it
Ah. So if you only break certain laws, you should be able to get away with it.

Huh! Another pseuedocon principle bites the dust.

We are the law and order party!*

*Unless it's our party that is breaking the law, then crime is cool.

Our Naked Emperor is being persecuted just because he covered up his accusers at the exact same time he was parading around some accusers of another guy!

That's not fair!

trump_clinton_accusers.jpg

My friend Bill should have offered these gals $130,000!

but like another poster said--it is very rare....and this was not to investigate a murder/rape/stolen nuke/kidnapping/etc......nothing near as serious
so--there is a legitimate concern about it
Ah. So if you only break certain laws, you should be able to get away with it.

Huh! Another pseuedocon principle bites the dust.
please try to understand --RARE--.....this is EXACTLY what we are saying---they are NOT raiding EVERY lawyer for LITTLE/unimportant/''insignificant/etc crime--even murders/rapes/etc
..no--you are wrong--the subject is ''not getting away with crime'' but raiding lawyers

again, I don't give a shit about that. they retrieved his computers and on that are documents with the concern. fk the money he paid to daniels, that is no violation of anything.

invading attorney client privilege
I know I’m going to regret trying to explain this to you, but here goes:

Attorney/client privilege goes out the window when a crime is involved. (And yes, violations of campaign finance laws and obstruction of justice are crimes.) How does one determine if a crime occurred, you ask? Well, evidence of course. The only way to see that evidence (or lack there of) is to conduct an investigation, which means chasing down leads, talking to witnesses, going through paperwork, emails, etc. The States Attorney’s Office will have a team go through Cohen’s seized belongings and decide which falls under attorney/client privilege, and which does not.

PS, but very possibly the FBI (and its not Mueller searching Cohen's records) caught up some documents that ARE privileged because they deal with other transactions Cohen did when he was representing Trump.

but when Trump stood on AF-1 and told reporters Cohen was on his own paying off Stormy a lot of us NeverTrumpers were going "FOKC YES!" LOL
still isn't under oath and violates nothing if he lied. nothing, journalists don't report for courts.

trump_clintons.jpg

And in nine months, I'm going to cheat on this one, too!

Forum List

Back