Where are all the jobs Americans were promised?

I don't know that I can give much blame or credit to the Presidents or their administrations, but it was under Obama that I lost my last great job, when the Campbell's Soup factory at which I worked shut down, putting me and about seven hundred others out of work. It was about that same time that Hostess went bankrupt, and a Hostess factory in my area shut down as well, putting hundreds more out of work; and a very large local call center also went out of business, dumping hundreds more out of work.

It was under Trump that I got put on a solid path that led me into my present job.

I bet you still don't eat soup..

Trump’s failure is the consequence of attempting to ‘bring back’ or ‘retain’ jobs that originated in the 18th and 19th Centuries – jobs that are never ‘coming back,’ rather than investing in education and training programs needed for jobs of the 21st Century.

And of course this failure belongs to conservatives as much as Trump, as Republicans continue to harbor the delusional notion of keeping coal mines and outdated factories open and employing Americans.

Last time I checked it was PRIVATE CORPORATIONS that made these decisions not the government. I don't see Trump, or Republicans opening factories, or coal plants, and I don't see companies making decisions to lose money.

However, Obama did subsidize some industries like Green Energy, and many of them like Solyndra went bankrupt costing the taxpayer multiple millions.
Republicans are giving away plenty of tax dollars too! 3 Billion to foreign company Foxconn.

From you link:
The year-over-year rate improved to 2.7 percent.

So is that below or at inflation?

So if it isn't a big enough increase you prefer none. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
Analysis | In U.S., wage growth is being wiped out entirely by inflation
Cost of living was up 2.9 percent from July 2017 to July 2018, the Labor Department reported Friday, an inflation rate that outstripped a 2.7 percent increase in wages over the same period.

People are essentially making less.

From you link:

So your idea of an increase is below inflation? Make merica great again.

If at first you look stupid, try the same defense again.

Yet, as cyclical pressures mount and labor becomes increasingly scarce, we expect to see further strengthening in average hourly earnings. Other indicators are also pointing to compensation picking up. The Employment Cost Index was up 2.7 percent year over year through the first quarter, compared to 2.5 percent for 2017, while the share of small businesses raising compensation in May rose to 35 percent—the highest rate in the NFIB survey’s 32-year history.

There are 6.3 million unemployed Americans and 6.7 million available jobs.

The problem is when people don’t believe in education, like the Republicans.

Maybe if you got off your lazy ass and read the help wanted pages instead of making excuses to collect an unemployment check you might find work in a different city.

It really undermines your credibility to expect people to utilize antiquated technology that doesn't really exist anymore. It shows that you've long since lost touch with the subject.

Yep, seems trump and his panzees have lied to the populace again.

Trump is failing to bring back American jobs

Seriously? I have jobs at work that we can’t fill because unemployment is so low. You need to read more.
The engineering firm I retired from has had an average of over 1000 open positions for the last 18 months and the openings are growing with more retirements and people leaving for greener pastures. It is a big problem.

In my area there are literally billboards and marquees advertising to fill positions. But shucks, Trump signed a deal with companies that offshore...........Waaaaaaaaa:boohoo:

Mike unfilled jobs IS a good thing. If those jobs paid more then they would be filled. It has never been easier to find good hard working reliable workers than today's younger workforce. They simply are finding better jobs that pay more.

From you link:

So your idea of an increase is below inflation? Make merica great again.

If at first you look stupid, try the same defense again.
The increase is less than inflation making workers poorer. Sorry you aren't good with math.

I do wonder how many jobs have been reshored since Trump took office?

The tweaks to NAFTA with Mexico will not bring back any auto jobs that is for sure.

By making Mexico pay workers a hirer salary it will prevent more jobs from leaving. If Canada continues to play politics and not make compromises companies will relocate to the US to avoid paying high tariffs and dealing with Canada's regulations. One of the first things TRUMP did when he took office was do away with job killing regulations and put in place policies that encourage new business to relocate to the US.

Forum List

Back