🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Where do you stand?

Where do you stand on the reaction to the decision in Ferguson?

• I do not condone it. Civility above all.

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • I do condone it. They have a right to be heard.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But they're not "responsible" for it, any more than all the politicians who jumped on the Bundy Ranch thing were "responsible" for that rancher's inability to follow the law.

The Bundy Ranch thing is a non sequitur. That man knew the law and he broke it.

The Democratic party has long been known for using race as a platform. It undoubtedly reaches the African American community. They think the Black community will be dumb enough to take the bait and act on a lie rather than on the facts. When you race bait, call anyone you disagree with (not you personally), start labeling anyone as a detriment to the black citizen--- you are asking for trouble. They got it tonight.

You can't seem to rap your head around the idea that a lot of people in this country have been legitimately angry about police brutality and racial profiling long before Al Sharpton and Barack Obama starting talking about it.

You can't seem to understand that you are spinning this issue out of proportion. It doesn't excuse these Democratic politicians from exploiting this issue to energize their base and stir up racial animosity. That racial animosity manifested in Ferguson. No denying it.

Politicians didn't cause these riots, centuries of confrontations between the police and black Americans did.

Augh! Relativism! Are you serious? This crap happened over a period of three months, not "centuries."

TK, you realize that you're basically saying that Black people are too stupid to think for themselves, right?

No, the Democrats are. You attempted to blow my statements out of proportion. I think the black community has the potential to educate themselves and free themselves from the lies they are being told. The Democrats think they are stupid. I DON'T.

Last edited:
I agree somewhat.
I think the anger is caused by years of racism, especially in Missouri where there an extreme amount of racism.

Sent from my Obama iPhone

basically and this case just set people off over the edge...
The fact the OP made this about democrats just show how lazy and worthless he is.
I'm willing to bet that 95% of the people who are rioting (those eligible') vote Democrat.

Care to dispute that?

I'd bet that 95% of the people rioting don't vote at all.
You're thinking that 95% are convicted felons? That maybe a might high, but we'll go with that since you seem to be an expert.

I didn't say that they can't vote, I said that they probably don't.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if many of them are convicted felons.
How about we go this way? If they did vote, who would they vote for?

The Democratic Party played no role in "spurring the violence", and the fact that you think it did is what "speaks volumes" to me.

Actually, you're wrong.

Democratic turnout flyer If you want to prevent another Ferguson Political Insider blog

How is that flyer "spurring the violence"?

See the other links. Plus, check this out:

http://cpa.ds.npr.org/wunc/audio/2014/11/IJJ1119_Butterfield2.mp3?origin=body

That's the leader of the CBC yesterday legitimizing the violence in the area. It isn't just the flyer "spurring the violence."

A snippet of that interview with CBC Leader, Congressman G.K. Butterfield on WUNC radio:

"If they turn their back on justice, I’m fearful that there will be pushback from those who are concerned about it, and I’m one of those who is concerned about it. There will be pushback. We will be asking questions.”

That's not "spurring violence" either.

You have a real issue separating the majority of people who have a legitimate beef with this ruling and the relatively small group who have expressed it violently.

What's the legitimate beef? That it didn't fit their preconceived, mob-rule, evidence-free, bigoted presumption?

"Most of them will believe anything they are told" is not reality. It's most certainly racism.

Seriously? Just look at the exit polling for any of the last three elections. If they were smart enough to believe they were being hoodwinked, they would vote in droves for the Democratic party. It is stupidity. And it isn't simply confined to black people. Not to any race in particular, not to any party or worldview. Cognitive dissonance is pervasive, it doesn't matter who it is. Stupid is as stupid does.

Calling me racist doesn't change that fact. And it doesn't cover for the fact that you just resorted to the same tactics. I am simply pointing out an inconvenient reality for you and other liberal Democrats on this thread, yet here I am being labeled racist for doing so. Come on man, you are better than that.

Last edited:

And what of this statement Doc? This is quite disappointing coming from you. Stereotyping doesn't become you, sir. This is the exact same belief that is employed by Democrats (or Republicans) to take advantage of the minds of their constituents, black, white, or otherwise.

Last edited:
The Bundy Ranch thing is a non sequitur. That man knew the law and he broke it.

I'm using the Bundy situation as a comparison. It's not a non sequitur.

The Democratic party has long been known for using race as a platform. It undoubtedly reaches the African American community. They think the Black community will be dumb enough to take the bait and act on a lie rather than on the facts. When you race bait, call anyone you disagree with (not you personally), start labeling anyone as a detriment to the black citizen--- you are asking for trouble. They got it tonight.

You've got a really baffling view on what's going on in Ferguson.

You can't seem to understand that you are spinning this issue out of proportion. It doesn't excuse these Democratic politicians from exploiting this issue to energize their base and stir up racial animosity. That racial animosity manifested in Ferguson. No denying it.

What is going on in Ferguson tonight has nothing to do "racial animosity". It's not about hating white people.

Augh! Relativism! Are you serious? This crap happened over a period of three months, not "centuries."

Dude, seriously?

The shooting of Michael Brown didn't occur in a vacuum.

What is going on in Ferguson tonight has nothing to do "racial animosity". It's not about hating white people.

I beg to differ. White cop kills black kid. Just what else do you think triggered the violence? Take the Rodney King riots in 1992, surely it wasn't just police brutality that spurred that six day long riot?

Dude, seriously?

I never said it did. Nor did it occur in the eighteenth century. I honestly doubt that "centuries" of "confrontations" between black people and law enforcement are responsible for an event that took place in the present day.

"Most of them will believe anything they are told" is not reality. It's most certainly racism.

Seriously? Just look at the exit polling for any of the last three elections. If they were smart enough to believe they were being hoodwinked, they would vote in droves for the Democratic party. It is stupidity. And it isn't simply confined to black people. Not to any race in particular, not to any party or worldview. Cognitive dissonance is pervasive, it doesn't matter who it is. Stupid is as stupid does.

Calling me racist doesn't change that fact. And it doesn't cover for the fact that you just resorted to the same tactics. I am simply pointing out an inconvenient reality for you and other liberal Democrats on this thread, yet here I am being labeled racist for doing so. Come on man, you are better than that.

I didn't "label" you a racist. I said your statement was undeniably racist, and it was.

The entire idea that Black people are somehow being tricked into voting for Democrats is an unquestionably racist idea because it presupposes that Black people are stupid enough to be tricked in that way.

Is it really so hard for you to accept that perhaps the majority of Black people vote Democrat because they believe in the positions of the Democratic Party more than they do with the Republicans?

I'm sure that you don't think that you've been tricked into your political views. Why is it hard for you to see that the same is true for people who disagree with you?

And what of this statement Doc? This is quite disappointing coming from you. Stereotyping doesn't become you, sir. This is the exact same belief that is employed by Democrats (or Republicans) to take advantage of the minds of their constituents, black, white, or otherwise.

It's "stereotyping" to say that people looting and burning down businesses are likely to have a history of that sort of thing?

I'm talking about the rioters, not the protesters - although I'm sure you think they're the same group of people.

Where other factors could certainly play their part ... Your statement above is incorrect. If you had been watching live coverage of the events in Ferguson, you would have seen plenty of protesters saying exactly what they thought about white people.

What they said coupled with their choice in language made it very clear animosity was present as well.

Dude, seriously?

I never said it did. Nor did it occur in the eighteenth century. I honestly doubt that "centuries" of "confrontations" between black people and law enforcement are responsible for an event that took place in the present day.

Then you're hopelessly naive.

Do you want me to go through a list of all the unarmed black men who've been killed by police in the last 10 years?

this is how stupid you look. Brown being shot isnt why they are rioting.

I beg to differ. White cop kills black kid. Just what else do you think triggered the violence? Take the Rodney King riots in 1992, surely it wasn't just police brutality that spurred that six day long riot?

What triggered the violence is that a bunch of criminals realized that they could take advantage of a mob.

What triggered the protests were a very long list of dead black kids leading up to Michael Brown.

Where other factors could certainly play their part ... Your statement above is incorrect. If you had been watching live coverage of the events in Ferguson, you would have seen plenty of protesters saying exactly what they thought about white people.

What they said coupled with their choice in language made it very clear animosity was present as well.

I know a whole lot of white people out protesting right now.

triggered? Years and years of Racial tension with the Police for starters. Stick to the shallow end.

I didn't "label" you a racist. I said your statement was undeniably racist, and it was.

And you have yet to prove it. Take it as a challenge. Saying something is "racist" is a default position with no teeth, not an argument of substance.

The entire idea that Black people are somehow being tricked into voting for Democrats is an unquestionably racist idea because it presupposes that Black people are stupid enough to be tricked in that way.

I didn't come up with the idea. I cannot believe you don't see what is happening. What is happening to them is a case of exploitation. They are playing on a victim mentality that goes back to the slavery days. My grandmother knew slaves who fled plantations down here before Jim Crow was abolished here in the South. Now, instead of being held as slaves by their white slave masters all those centuries ago; they are being held as slaves to a false ideology being foisted on them by a corrupt political party.

Is it really so hard for you to accept that perhaps the majority of Black people vote Democrat because they believe in the positions of the Democratic Party more than they do with the Republicans?

Yes it is. I would rather they think for themselves, not for Republicans not for Democrats or even Libertarians.

For anyone to blindly follow a belief to their own detriment is sheer naivete and ignorance. Sheep to slaughter, lemmings off the cliff. Take your pick. It isn't limited to them (how many times must I say that?).

I'm sure that you don't think that you've been tricked into your political views.

Actually, I was being tricked by the Republican Party. At one point I was a neo-Conservative who hung on every word they had to say. When I started pissing my friends and family off, I chose to re-evaluate my positions. Thus, I broke with the two party system for that reason.

Why is it hard for you to see that the same is true for people who disagree with you?

I could likewise ask of you the same question.

Forum List

Back