Where have the liberals gone?

I thought liberals were anti-war, anti-GMO, for free speech, suspicious of government power, concerned about privacy rights, concerned about the power of big business and Wall Street, anti-NWO, anti-globalist, etc.....

What happened to liberals?
:desk:

I'm right here.

I think most everyone else moved to the right with the new democrats, led by the Clintons and their third way policies.
Agreed. You are one of a select few left.

What is this? A love fest?
If only you were a real liberal, you would get the love too.

Yeah. I'd have to agree with you on some cray-cray shit to get that label. Not worth it.
You think the values expressed in the OP are crazy?

I'm right here.

I think most everyone else moved to the right with the new democrats, led by the Clintons and their third way policies.

Yeah. I'd have to agree with you on some cray-cray shit to get that label. Not worth it.
Neolibs generally do.

I'm right here.

Did I say that?

I think it's a list of things that nutbags think liberals claim to care about. The inference being that liberals don't live up to their billing.

It's hardly a description of all that the typical liberal cares about.

IOW, it is a classic strawman fallacy.

Sweet dreams. You have Gipper's blessing as a "true liberal". Rest easy.

Neolibs generally do.

Are you trying to tell us that YOU are a liberal?

I thought liberals were anti-war, anti-GMO, for free speech, suspicious of government power, concerned about privacy rights, concerned about the power of big business and Wall Street, anti-NWO, anti-globalist, etc.....

Today's liberal makes war with America, Israel, anywhere true democratic values are upheld, suppresses free speech, promotes big government, wiretaps their opponents, and their leaders have multi-million dollar organizations trading donations for favors and influence on a global scale.

Neolibs generally do.

Are you trying to tell us that YOU are a liberal?
No.

Something tells me you have no understanding as to the point of my OP.

Did I say that?

I think it's a list of things that nutbags think liberals claim to care about. The inference being that liberals don't live up to their billing.

Did I say that?
It seemed that way to me. I don't believe it is reasonable for you to expect me to infer the rest of your explanation from your statement.

There is truth in the OP. The Democrat party did shift to the right on economic and foreign policy issues. The party did succumb to neo-liberalism.
No amount of derision or name calling will alter the reality.

Ah, you thought all liberals had exactly the same thoughts.... why?

It's called a generalization. Do you have an argument against it or an answer to the question?

Did I say that?

Did I say that?
It seemed that way to me. I don't believe it is reasonable for you to expect me to infer the rest of your explanation from your statement.

There is truth in the OP. The Democrat party did shift to the right on economic and foreign policy issues. The party did succumb to neo-liberalism.
No amount of derision or name calling will alter the reality.

It's called the Democratic party.

You have some weird belief that the party is supposed to be ideologically pure.

People who hold a hard line on all of the ideologal beliefs stated in the OP have never led the Democratic party. That said, neither you nor Gipper have established that those who call themselves liberal are anything but pro free speech, anti war, concerned about privacy and corporate power, ETC.
It's a bullshit thread.

I love the etc., by the way.

It's called a generalization. Do you have an argument against it or an answer to the question?

That's perfect.

I know what it is, I didn't ask the question so I could find out. I asked the question so the person I replied to could think about it.

Something tells me you have no understanding as to the point of my OP.
The Regressives understand. They know what they've done to the party. They know they're illiberal leftist authoritarians. They're just denying it, which is what ideologues do: If you can't defend it, pretend it doesn't exist. And then poof! It's gone!

The fact remains, there are real liberals still out there, and hopefully one day they can get control of the party back before it's too late.

Last edited:

That's perfect.
It is pretty good. There is a history behind it that you are probably unaware of.

That's perfect.
It is pretty good. There is a history behind it that you are probably unaware of.

Can the people telling liberals that they aren't liberal enough in this thread please be less vague?

Thanks.

That's perfect.

Can the people telling liberals that they aren't liberal enough in this thread please be less vague?

Thanks.
My Christmas Wish...for lefties to revert back to being liberals and completely expunge their regressive totalitarian big government desires.

Government Spending for Every Quarter of Trump & Repubtards are HIGHER than ANY for Obama & Democrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So what you are saying is that 1.5 trillion dollars over 10 years is more than 10 trillion dollars over 8 years? Damn the public education system sure has brainwashed you to the Nth degree.
The Republicans just had to raise the debt ceiling again, idiot. That's BEFORE the extra 1.5 trillion of debt they just put around our necks.

I've lost count of how many times Trump has had to sign off on increasing the debt ceiling since he took office.

We passed the significant $20 trillion milestone a while back, and not one of your propagandists told you to make a screech about it.

Fucking hypocrites.
Do you really think career politicians dislike debt? It is the cornerstone why they are elected. People now days in general think debt is a good thing... People used to think the opposite.

How about let’s cut back spending before raising taxes?
That would be the much more responsible thing to do… Progressives have a major spending problem… And it does not matter the side of the aisle they pick to be on

Agreed, and start with our yugely over bloated military budget.

That's perfect.

Thanks.
My Christmas Wish...for lefties to revert back to being liberals and completely expunge their regressive totalitarian big government desires.

Ooooh! You said "regressive" and Mac1958 will read it! Ka-ching! My stock in tissues and lotion is gonna go up again!

That's perfect.

Thanks.

Ooooh! You said "regressive" and Mac1958 will read it! Ka-ching! My stock in tissues and lotion is gonna go up again!
My goodness, this thread has really triggered you. Understandable.

Forum List

Back