Where is the evidence for evolution?

Where is the evidence for evolution? All over the Internet, you should try it sometime, then you wouldn't appear so ignorant.

:thanks:
I asked YOU for evidence. Got any? Didn't think so. Try again.
You just want to ignore all the evidence on the Internet. That's your choice to stay ignorant.

The fossil record? Surely you jest. How about showing us just one example of a transitional fossil that is not disputed by other scientists? You can't. If evolution were a fact, as you suggest, there would be countless examples of them. What we see instead is a collection of distinct kinds, with variation in each group. Try again.
Science is all about disputing observations. It is what makes it Science and not mumbo jumbo. Once people start talking about "indisputable" you have propaganda.

Greg
It is a indisputable fact there are no undisputed transitional fossils. This is an observational fact. It does not fit the theory of gradual changes over millions of years. Does it? If a theory does not fit the observable facts, it fails.

Evolution is a fact
How and why it occurs are still theories.
Does not refute the conclusion that evolution occurred over 500 million years
Evolution is not a fact. Show me one "fact" that proves it. Another thing you should consider. In the Grand Canyon, there is an area that contains several sedimentary layers. These layers are said to have been formed over millions of years. There is one section where these layers are bent 90 degrees. How do you explain this? This is a scientific impossibility. Rock does not bend. If these layers were indeed formed over millions of years then they could not bend as they have.

Rock layers most definitely "bend"...due to forces involved in the movements of the various tectonic plates and subplates. It's called "folding" and there are many theories on it including the Expanding Earth Theory. The facts of direct observation(earthquakes) show this is well supported by the direct evidence. I would say we haven't heard the last on this though.

Greg
These layers bent without fracturing. Explain this.

I'm asking because I haven't seen any. There is not one single piece of observable evidence for evolution. Would anyone care to present any?
Sure. Outside of the Harun Yahya madrassah we have things called "books", often kept in places called "schools" that provide science texts.
Thanks for proving that you cannot have an intelligent discussion about this.
No, your thread premise is proof you have no interest in an intelligent discussion; you wouldn't have asked such an idiotic 'question' otherwise.

As already correctly noted: there are many resources available to you to learn about evolution.

You could even do an online search for information about the subject, assuming you don’t wish to remain willfully ignorant.
LOL! Evolution has so many holes and contradictions, it's a wonder anyone can believe it. Talk about willful ignorance. There are also many resources online that refute your sources. What it boils down to is you saying that your sources are better tham mine. LOL!

It may be more a matter of semantics quite frankly. But later on that. Much to do in the real world.

Greg

It's never been observed...hence why it's a theory
There is also no observable evidence for it. So it's not really science.

Got any evidence in support of the competing theory?
Can you provide some evidence for evolution, or not? I keep hearing people mention the MOUNTAINS of evidence for it. Let's see some and we'll examine it.
I used to eat meat, now I don't. My thinking about food has EVOLVED to a better place.

:thanks:

Science is all about disputing observations. It is what makes it Science and not mumbo jumbo. Once people start talking about "indisputable" you have propaganda.

Greg
It is a indisputable fact there are no undisputed transitional fossils. This is an observational fact. It does not fit the theory of gradual changes over millions of years. Does it? If a theory does not fit the observable facts, it fails.

Evolution is a fact
Evolution is not a fact. Show me one "fact" that proves it. Another thing you should consider. In the Grand Canyon, there is an area that contains several sedimentary layers. These layers are said to have been formed over millions of years. There is one section where these layers are bent 90 degrees. How do you explain this? This is a scientific impossibility. Rock does not bend. If these layers were indeed formed over millions of years then they could not bend as they have.

Rock layers most definitely "bend"...due to forces involved in the movements of the various tectonic plates and subplates. It's called "folding" and there are many theories on it including the Expanding Earth Theory. The facts of direct observation(earthquakes) show this is well supported by the direct evidence. I would say we haven't heard the last on this though.

Greg

How do you know there weren't fractures in the layers??

Greg

Evolution is a fact

Greg

Greg
Do you see any fractures here?

foldedlayers.jpg

There are more where this came from. Layered rocks that were bent without fracturing. The only explanation for this is that these layers were deposited in a very short period of time, and were bent before they solidified.

Evolution is a fact

Greg

Greg

View attachment 77150

There are more where this came from. Layered rocks that were bent without fracturing. The only explanation for this is that these layers were deposited in a very short period of time, and were bent before they solidified.
Man, that's the dumbest thing you've said so far, and that's saying something. :lol:

so how do you know how old the fossils are? because the geologist dates the rock layers.
so how do you know how old the rock layers are? because the biologist dates the fossils.
so how do you know how old the fossils are? because the geologist dates the rock layers.
so how do you know how old the rock layers are? because the biologist dates the fossils.
so how do you know........ do you see where this is going? it's going nowhere.

Evolution is a fact

Greg

Greg

View attachment 77150

You explain something to me first, where was this picture taken? You can give any picture and photoshop it and even if it's not, the location might give a reason for it. And even if it is a authentic picture there is plenty of evidence against, what I would presume is your belief of a young earth and a global flood. As to your OP there is plenty of evidence for evolution. Micro evolution is something that most Creasionist have given up to contest since we see multi resistent bacteria. It also get's observed in the fossil record, wich is chronoligical and wich states a clear progression in subsequent rock layers. And to you transitional fossils, we have found plenty. Archeopteryx being a prime example. if it's challenged it is by ppl in the creationist movement who have a clear motive to challenge it.

One problem like I stated before it is chronoligical. Micro organisms appear first followed by bonefish, then early amphibians, to reptiles so on and so forth. Let's just say for the sake of argument that the dating is wrong, then Creasionist still have the problem of explaining away why the fossil record doesn't show all species from the beginning.

Evolution is a fact

Greg

Greg

View attachment 77150

The photo you cut and pasted appears on such notable web sites as "evilutionary blogspot.

Not surprising. I

I'm asking because I haven't seen any. There is not one single piece of observable evidence for evolution. Would anyone care to present any?
Sure. Outside of the Harun Yahya madrassah we have things called "books", often kept in places called "schools" that provide science texts.
Thanks for proving that you cannot have an intelligent discussion about this.
No, your thread premise is proof you have no interest in an intelligent discussion; you wouldn't have asked such an idiotic 'question' otherwise.

As already correctly noted: there are many resources available to you to learn about evolution.

You could even do an online search for information about the subject, assuming you don’t wish to remain willfully ignorant.
LOL! Evolution has so many holes and contradictions, it's a wonder anyone can believe it. Talk about willful ignorance. There are also many resources online that refute your sources. What it boils down to is you saying that your sources are better tham mine. LOL!
It’s your ignorance of the fact of evolution which brings you to this wrong conclusion.

And you make the same mistake as others ignorant of evolution – where you incorrectly perceive the earth to be static and immutable, when in fact over the last 4 billion years the earth is subject to constant change, and evolution is the process by which life accommodates that endless change.

Absent evolution, life could never survive on this planet.

No, you need to do a search to learn how rocks and fossils are dated.

You are not looking very hard

You can start with fossil records that show NO record of sophisticated life forms 500 million years ago
The fossil record? Surely you jest. How about showing us just one example of a transitional fossil that is not disputed by other scientists? You can't. If evolution were a fact, as you suggest, there would be countless examples of them. What we see instead is a collection of distinct kinds, with variation in each group. Try again.
I don't have to

I can show you a steady progression of non-complex life to complex life over a five hundred million year period showing that life evolved over that period

There were no dinosaurs or men 500 million years ago
Do you know how scientists date fossils? They date them based on which layer of the geologic column they're found in. Do you know how they date the geologic column? Can you guess? They date them by the fossils they find in them. Hmmm. Circular reasoning?
Wrong.

You also need to do a search to learn how rocks and fossils are dated.

It's never been observed...hence why it's a theory
There is a great deal of observable evidence. Just don't expect Harun Yahya to present it.

Yeah? Link the observable evidence
Look in a mirror – you’ll see the proof.

And if you can’t you’re another who wishes to be willfully ignorant.

You can't link it either can you? Know why? There isn't any, see Jonesy I knew this before I commented. You should start doing that and I wouldn't school you on a daily basis. Now you have a choice, link it or scamper off like you always do
No, moron, there are scores of links and resources online.

You have a computer and access to the internet, do a search and educate yourself, use the internet for something other than exhibiting your ignorance and stupidity.

Or remain willfully ignorant.

There is a great deal of observable evidence. Just don't expect Harun Yahya to present it.

Yeah? Link the observable evidence
Look in a mirror – you’ll see the proof.

And if you can’t you’re another who wishes to be willfully ignorant.

You can't link it either can you? Know why? There isn't any, see Jonesy I knew this before I commented. You should start doing that and I wouldn't school you on a daily basis. Now you have a choice, link it or scamper off like you always do
No, moron, there are scores of links and resources online.

You have a computer and access to the internet, do a search and educate yourself, use the internet for something other than exhibiting your ignorance and stupidity.

Or remain willfully ignorant.

Link them and cease playing world salad...you think it makes you look intelligent....it doesn't

You are not looking very hard

You can start with fossil records that show NO record of sophisticated life forms 500 million years ago

Greg

Evolution is a fact

The question arises about what you mean by "evolution"? And what you mean by a fact. I'm Popperian on this.

Greg
Life evolving from non-complex creatures into sophisticated ones is evolution

It is a FACT that it happened

One problem like I stated before it is chronoligical. Micro organisms appear first followed by bonefish, then early amphibians, to reptiles so on and so forth. Let's just say for the sake of argument that the dating is wrong, then Creasionist still have the problem of explaining away why the fossil record doesn't show all species from the beginning.
That is what evolution is

There is ample evidence that it happened. Show human fossils with the trilobites and you can refute evolution

That is what evolution is

There is ample evidence that it happened. Show human fossils with the trilobites and you can refute evolution
Saw one with a "FOX-Fair & Balanced" sticker once......Explain THAT!

Evolution is a fact

Greg

Greg

View attachment 77150

Do you have a geologist's report on that?? Of course not. They are folds caused by lateral forces. Where are those layers and where were they formed??

Greg

Forum List

Back