🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Which Parent Do I Not Need - My Mom or My Dad?"

why....? what happened to her...?

I asked a question, Screaming Eagle. Who's planning on taking this girl's parent(s) away? What law will take one or both of her parents away?

i have no idea about the specific 11yo girl in the article....i believe she was just speaking for all children as was i.....but perhaps you can elucidate....

So...you have no idea but you started this thread? What? Really?

Same sex marriage is not going to deprive this stupid 11 year old of either of her parents.

Calling a child stupid is how liberals describe someone with a differing opinion.

How very tolerant and caring.

It is stupid at any age to claim that same sex marriage is going to take children's parents away from them.

You're as stupid as she is if you believe that.

they have already lost this debate

they are just too stupid to know it

That's why in the last few days its gone from:

1. polygamy

2. incest

3. you're taking away our parents

4. next?

Yup. This topic's been pretty popular amongst them the last few days.

Because of the Supreme Court hearings and because it's evident that supporting gay marriage is not a political detriment anymore. As many of us predicted as long as 10 years ago...

Same sex marriage is not going to deprive this stupid 11 year old of either of her parents.

Screaming Eagle seems to think that it will. We can excuse an 11 year old...who will excuse Screaming Eagle?

she will not be deprived of her so-called "legal" parents (at least until they get divorced).....but she will be deprived of one of her biological parents...right from the start of her life...

depite what the Hollyweird movies may depict no guy is going to become a real mother to her.....:eusa_hand:

Since when did having 2 opposite sex parents become a right?

If that's a child's right then it should be legal to take any single parent's children away from her, or him,

for example, if your husband was killed in Iraq while you were home pregnant, the State should have the right to confiscate that baby and give it to a 'complete' family if one is available,

assuming you don't find a new husband soon enough.

Is that what you support?

I asked a question, Screaming Eagle. Who's planning on taking this girl's parent(s) away? What law will take one or both of her parents away?

i have no idea about the specific 11yo girl in the article....i believe she was just speaking for all children as was i.....but perhaps you can elucidate....

did you even read the article....? there was nothing about taking away "this" 11yo girl's parents specifically....she was asking them the question...(and got no answer)

this is about gays deciding to 'have a child together' (together with a third person of the opposite sex :rolleyes:).....and in the process they ditch the mother.....(or the father in the case of lesbians)

that is a choice to 'take one of the child's real parents away'.....

Last edited:
Grace Evans, an 11-year-old, asked Minnesota legislators last month: "Which parent do I not need - my mom or my dad?" No one answered her. She paused 8 seconds, and added, "I hope you can see that every child needs a mom and a dad. Please don't change your law on marriage to say otherwise."

Nevertheless, the House committee voted in favor of a gay marriage bill, though it's not yet adopted by Minnesota as approved by nine states and Washington D.C.

Bill May of Catholics for the Common Good asks Grace's question from an adult's perspective: "Do we need an institution that unites kids with their moms and dads? Yes or No?

"Do children have the right to know and, as far as possible, be cared for by their moms and dads? Does anyone have the right to create children with the intention of depriving them of their mother or father or both?"

Children have been the missing ingredient in the debate over same-sex marriage (SSM). They were hardly mentioned even by the attorney supporting Prop 8 in California before the Supreme Court, which states: "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."

Why? Children need the love of both parents who made them as they grow slowly to maturity over two decades. Marriage unites that child with his or her parents, and gives a safe, loving environment in which they can grow into wholesome adults.

By law SSM deprives a child of one parent. It a cruel act and a heartless one. As Grace put it, "Which parent do I not need - my mom or dad?"

VirtueOnline - News

Children adapt very well to various living arrangements and situations. My kids grew up without their mother because she died when they were young. We have a great relationship and they are well rounded. Kids who grow up with gay parents do just fine also. The most important thing for a child is to feel loved.

As far as this child goes, I really hate it when self-righteous parents use their kids as pawns over their political and social beliefs.

Grace Evans, an 11-year-old, asked Minnesota legislators last month: "Which parent do I not need - my mom or my dad?" No one answered her. She paused 8 seconds, and added, "I hope you can see that every child needs a mom and a dad. Please don't change your law on marriage to say otherwise."

Nevertheless, the House committee voted in favor of a gay marriage bill, though it's not yet adopted by Minnesota as approved by nine states and Washington D.C.

Bill May of Catholics for the Common Good asks Grace's question from an adult's perspective: "Do we need an institution that unites kids with their moms and dads? Yes or No?

"Do children have the right to know and, as far as possible, be cared for by their moms and dads? Does anyone have the right to create children with the intention of depriving them of their mother or father or both?"

Children have been the missing ingredient in the debate over same-sex marriage (SSM). They were hardly mentioned even by the attorney supporting Prop 8 in California before the Supreme Court, which states: "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."

Why? Children need the love of both parents who made them as they grow slowly to maturity over two decades. Marriage unites that child with his or her parents, and gives a safe, loving environment in which they can grow into wholesome adults.

By law SSM deprives a child of one parent. It a cruel act and a heartless one. As Grace put it, "Which parent do I not need - my mom or dad?"

VirtueOnline - News

Children adapt very well to various living arrangements and situations. My kids grew up without their mother because she died when they were young. We have a great relationship and they are well rounded. Kids who grow up with gay parents do just fine also. The most important thing for a child is to feel loved.

As far as this child goes, I really hate it when self-righteous parents use their kids as pawns over their political and social beliefs.

you see children playing in war zones and extreme poverty too....they must adapt...

that doesn't mean it's an ideal situation for them...

You certainly didn't think this through. What about those that use artificial
insemination and they are male/female because one is infertile.
Seems they leave someone out too now wont they.

did you even read the article....? there was nothing about taking away "this" 11yo girl's parents specifically....she was asking them the question...(and got no answer)

this is about gays deciding to 'have a child together' (together with a third person of the opposite sex :rolleyes:).....and in the process they ditch the mother.....(or the father in the case of lesbians)

i don't condone it if the sperm or egg is from outside the marriage...i do support whatever can be done for those who have a hard time conceiving...

infertility is a problem.....but the other is a bad choice.....

i don't condone it if the sperm or egg is from outside the marriage...i do support whatever can be done for those who have a hard time conceiving...

Are you saying the children of gay couples "is a bad choice"?

You argument then doesn't stand. What you are saying is someone is leaving someone out. The biological parent(s).

Are you saying the children of gay couples "is a bad choice"?

Yes, that's what he's saying. I wonder if he could say that to our children. I know they would have an opinion on the subject...

“It’s important for you to hear us, not just about us. I know all of you have a big decision to make, but it comes down to one important question: Do you believe my parents are equal to every other straight couple in Rhode Island?”
“In many ways my parents are like other couples. It’s the classic love story. Their eyes met in a crowded bar, or in this case, they all met in church.”
“Even though I’m only twelve, I have some ideas of what’s important to me. I want to use the gift I was given to help make the world a better place. In closing, here’s what I believe, if there’s one thing you don’t mess with in life, it’s love. My parents and all the other gay and lesbian people here just want to be happy, just like you. All they want is to be treated fairly. But unlike most of you, they have to come again here year after year and explain over and over why their love is equal to yours. This year, you have the opportunity to change that. I say, choose love.”

http://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/0325201312-year-old-testifies-in-support-of-gay-parents/

If this kid really believes that kids need a mother and a father, I guess she is against single people raising kids.

And I bet that her parents are conservative Christians who coached into saying something she barely understands at such a tender age.

Also, gay marriage is about MARRIAGE. Its not about children. That is a whole other subject - why the fuck do people assume gay marriage is about children? Gay adoption is an entirely different subject!

A lesbian couple now, for example, unmarried, can have as many children as they want. It's not illegal. The claim that legalizing gay marriage is somehow needed to make that possible is stupid,

which makes this 11 year old, and whoever told her to say what she said or whoever put this nonsense in her head,

stupid.

Last edited:
You know what's even funnier?

This idiot child is from Minnesota. Same sex couple adoption is already legal in Minnesota. Legalizing same sex marriage there is a moot point.

VirtueOnline - News

They passed a law using what they felt was right, not what a confused 11 year old thought. How ghastly!!!

Forum List

Back