White House Confirms It's Purging Disloyal Employees 'From the Bowels of the Federal Government

Trump...as usual...conflates loyalty to the country (or the office of the president) with loyalty to him, personally. Perhaps that should be fealty.

Can't recall this sort of things happening before. I wonder if this means combing Facebook and private lives?

White House Confirms It's Purging Disloyal Employees 'From the Bowels of the Federal Government'

The White House this week confirmed it is combing through federal agencies to identify employees not sufficiently loyal to President Trump to facilitate their ouster, sparking concerns the administration could run afoul of long-established civil service laws.

The administration is examining employees throughout the government to find anyone taking action officials decide represents an effort to undermine Trump, White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said on Fox News Monday. Gidley did not specifically mention career employees, who are statutorily protected against political retaliation, but did note the “millions” of individuals agencies employ. By contrast, there are only about 4,000 political appointees in government.

“It’s not a secret that we want people in positions that work with this president, not against him, and too often we have people in this government—I mean the federal government is massive, with millions of people—and there are a lot people out there taking action against this president and when we find them we will take appropriate action,” Gidley said.

His comments followed reports in Axios that the administration maintains “deep state” hit lists of employees to fire and the president has tasked the head of the Presidential Personnel Office, Johnny McEntee, to purge “bad people” who are not loyal to him. The latter report mentioned only political appointees, who serve at the pleasure of the president and can be dismissed at will, but Gidley’s comments this week appeared to go further.

“Time and time again we see in the media reports from people in the bowels of the federal government working against this president,” he said.

Gidley added that unelected federal workers were pushing “their own selfish political agenda” rather than advancing and executing Trump’s.

The latest comments do not mark the first time the Trump administration has stretched the limits of what is allowable under civil service protections. The number of federal employees proving their agencies took prohibited personnel practices against them reached an all-time high in Trump’s first year in office, according to the Office of Special Counsel. The State Department’s inspector general released two reports this year finding that the department illegally engaged in the political targeting of career employees. Federal law prohibits agencies from discriminating against any employee on the basis of political affiliation, or for any federal official to “coerce any applicant or employee to engage in political activity, or to retaliate against such individuals based on partisan politics.”

About bloody time.

Yeah he would have been much better off if this happened immediately.

Jo

You have to give it to Obama, he purged every last Bush appointee on day one. Trump thought he could work with these traitorous vermin. He foolishly thought they were patriotic Americans with a different view of how to govern, rather than the traitor fucks we know they are.
Lying Fuck.
Obama did no such thing.

Trump...as usual...conflates loyalty to the country (or the office of the president) with loyalty to him, personally. Perhaps that should be fealty.

Can't recall this sort of things happening before. I wonder if this means combing Facebook and private lives?

White House Confirms It's Purging Disloyal Employees 'From the Bowels of the Federal Government'

The White House this week confirmed it is combing through federal agencies to identify employees not sufficiently loyal to President Trump to facilitate their ouster, sparking concerns the administration could run afoul of long-established civil service laws.

The administration is examining employees throughout the government to find anyone taking action officials decide represents an effort to undermine Trump, White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said on Fox News Monday. Gidley did not specifically mention career employees, who are statutorily protected against political retaliation, but did note the “millions” of individuals agencies employ. By contrast, there are only about 4,000 political appointees in government.

“It’s not a secret that we want people in positions that work with this president, not against him, and too often we have people in this government—I mean the federal government is massive, with millions of people—and there are a lot people out there taking action against this president and when we find them we will take appropriate action,” Gidley said.

His comments followed reports in Axios that the administration maintains “deep state” hit lists of employees to fire and the president has tasked the head of the Presidential Personnel Office, Johnny McEntee, to purge “bad people” who are not loyal to him. The latter report mentioned only political appointees, who serve at the pleasure of the president and can be dismissed at will, but Gidley’s comments this week appeared to go further.

“Time and time again we see in the media reports from people in the bowels of the federal government working against this president,” he said.

Gidley added that unelected federal workers were pushing “their own selfish political agenda” rather than advancing and executing Trump’s.

The latest comments do not mark the first time the Trump administration has stretched the limits of what is allowable under civil service protections. The number of federal employees proving their agencies took prohibited personnel practices against them reached an all-time high in Trump’s first year in office, according to the Office of Special Counsel. The State Department’s inspector general released two reports this year finding that the department illegally engaged in the political targeting of career employees. Federal law prohibits agencies from discriminating against any employee on the basis of political affiliation, or for any federal official to “coerce any applicant or employee to engage in political activity, or to retaliate against such individuals based on partisan politics.”

About bloody time.

... for the rise of poorly-educated, red-hat-wearing, anus-kissers that follow dear leader Donald Trump?

Trumpery is a greater danger to America than any other political ideology. Thank god most of the sufferers of Trumpery are compelled to wear red hats to identify them t the uninfected public.

The reason you're a Communist is that you're dumb as all fuck.

Barry Obama purged all Bush appointees on his first day in office.

You fucking moron.
Lying Fuck.

We live in a sad time
Yeah, how dare Trump purge people actively undermining him and his agenda.

The nerve!

Grow the fuck up, asshat.

They are supposed to be loyal to our country & when they see Trump fucking America, they should speak up.
Fucking America?
Fuck you!
Trump is fucking America & raking in millions by duping stupid fucks like you. My God you peiople are dumber than shit.

I
Elaborate without ad hominems.

You first.
Thanks for admitting you never read my posts.
Nassau County and NYC are exploding with commercial and residential expansion.
Almost every major city in the US is suffering from an expanding economy; and it’s destroyed your narrative.

They are readying themselves for an invasion of Indians after Donald Trump's vacation.

Do you ever have anything relevant to post?
By the way, everybody with a functioning brain loves Trump; that counts you out.

Why do I need anything relevant when you would respond to posts you consider irrelevant.
Because you never address reality; everything is a reaction to a news story and not one media outlet is objective.
I want to know how you and your city have been affected.

We live in a sad time

The nerve!

They are supposed to be loyal to our country & when they see Trump fucking America, they should speak up.
Fucking America?
Fuck you!
Trump is fucking America & raking in millions by duping stupid fucks like you. My God you peiople are dumber than shit.
And little Davey responds with his usual profanity filled garbage. Dreadful.

given the amount of people who are TRYING to hurt him, making up stories, "leaking info" - does he not have a right to get rid of people doing that? he probably doesn't care if you hate him, just not out to destroy him.

2 totally different views maybe *you* are confusing.

I
You first.
Almost every major city in the US is suffering from an expanding economy; and it’s destroyed your narrative.

They are readying themselves for an invasion of Indians after Donald Trump's vacation.

By the way, everybody with a functioning brain loves Trump; that counts you out.

Why do I need anything relevant when you would respond to posts you consider irrelevant.
Because you never address reality; everything is a reaction to a news story and not one media outlet is objective.
Beer sales and shootings are up, but suicides about the same. Of course we only have 3 four year colleges in this city.

Oh stop it already. Do you have any idea how childish and ignorant you sound when you spout stupidity like that?

If you actually believe that, you need some sort of psychological counseling.

That is exactly what penetrates your thick cranium and gests your attention.

You're an idiot. What's more your entire party is comprised of idiots.

I'm pretty sure now that after watching those idiot Democrat's debate, the Russians no longer feel the need to interfere in the 2020 elections.

Comrade Trump loves the poorly-educated. You appear to be over-afflicted with Trump's love.
Anyone with an Ivy League degree with a deep state history/politics department is poorly-educated in citizenship requirements of loyalty to other Americans.. I'm just not buying what Schumer-Feinstein-Pelosi-Schiff-Nadler-Waters-AOC are selling.
Instead you are dumb enough to believe Trump.

My God.

Who is dumber? Someone who trusts and believes in this President, or someone who laps up the caustic Trump-hating pablum CNN and MSNBC is spoon-feeding them?

You guys and girls have truly cornered the market on dumb-assedness. So enjoy your loss in 2020.

We live in a sad time

The nerve!

Yes, but "your country" is China.

We want people loyal to America - no democrat is loyal to America, not one.
Fuck off Trump boy.

My country is the USA. And as an American i despise what Trump is doing & I dispise all the stupid fucks that support him.

This isn't your country anymore, assfuck hillbilly.

This is MAGA country now.

We live in a sad time

The nerve!

Fuck off Trump boy.

My country is the USA. And as an American i despise what Trump is doing & I dispise all the stupid fucks that support him.

This isn't your country anymore, assfuck hillbilly.

This is MAGA country now.
Hillbillies tend to be tRumplings.

Take over and clean house, there should not have been an Obama appointee left after his first 6 month

We live in a sad time

The nerve!

Fuck off Trump boy.

So let's talk....get specific dude....

You despise what exactly?

List some real items instead if blind, misguided faith....my guess is most of the things you come up with are going to be false.

Jo

I

Beer sales and shootings are up, but suicides about the same. Of course we only have 3 four year colleges in this city.
What city?

I

What city?
Jackson TN, but I don't actually attribute the rise in violent crime to politics. That was just joking. Figured you'd call me on it. Beer sales up? probably continued improvement of economy. Shootings quite often related to drugs or criminal spill over from Memphis. Nothing like expanding your markets, but trade wars are hell.

We live in a sad time

The nerve!

Fuck off Trump boy.

No, your country is a progressive hellhole. The US hasn't sunk to what you want..yet.

I

What city?
Jackson TN, but I don't actually attribute the rise in violent crime to politics. That was just joking. Figured you'd call me on it. Beer sales up? probably continued improvement of economy. Shootings quite often related to drugs or criminal spill over from Memphis. Nothing like expanding your markets, but trade wars are hell.
If there’s a trade war going on it’s not affecting any major areas.
I have relatives and friends all across the US and prices haven’t changed anywhere.

About bloody time.

... for the rise of poorly-educated, red-hat-wearing, anus-kissers that follow dear leader Donald Trump?

Trumpery is a greater danger to America than any other political ideology. Thank god most of the sufferers of Trumpery are compelled to wear red hats to identify them t the uninfected public.

The reason you're a Communist is that you're dumb as all fuck.

Barry Obama purged all Bush appointees on his first day in office.

You fucking moron.

The dumbfucks should have been purged 8 years earlier.

Who got your vote, dingus - Hillary?
You're an idiot!

Keep it under your MAGA hat.

You worthless leftist traitors crack me up!

You are a lip-service patriot with a dirty mind.

The Deep State is a pretty dirty deal, Mr. Denizen.

It is even dirtier with Trump rampaging.

Forum List

Back