White Lives Matter

they come over and tell you that they are dying and you reply “well a lot of people get cancer and die” you are speaking the truth, right?
I'd say "A lot of people get cancer and live". That's far more akin to saying an equally positive thing like "All lives matter".
Haha, no it’s not. BLM is addressing blacks being oppressed. How is responding with white lives matter or all lives matter adding equal positivity to the message of BLM?
Nope. You're wrong. If BLM addressed that I would support BLM. But BLMs sole focus is white cops profiling blacks. That to me is myopic and counterproductive.
You may not agree with their cause. I’ve lived in a bubble for most my life so I haven’t personally experienced any of it but obviously those who have were about to hold meetings and organize in a way that lead to millions hitting the streets to give voice to the cause. Just because you or I don’t see it in our own lives doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. This is a bit off topic though. We can argue the validity of the cause another time. But to imply that responding to BLM with White lives matter... you know that is provocative and minimizing by design, right? Please don’t tell me you’re going to defend that as just stating the truth... you’re better than that
It is provocative of course as is Blue Lives Matter and All Lives Matter. Why? Black Lives Matter is a divisive statement more so than a unifying statement to many. Keep in mind that black persons are only 13% of the population. Jews like myself are 2%. You don’t see Jew Lives Matter movements. Why? It would be more divisive than inclusive. Stating All Lives Matter would encompass black lives and that movement would garner more support. How many times have black persons on this site dehumanized me for being white or for being a Jew or both? Then call me ignorant for having an opinion that America isn’t systematically racist in my view. It’s counterproductive and borderline highly divisive.
Ok well that’s an honest assessment. This whole thread is full of other tards pretending like the retort isn’t provocative and is just speaking the truth.
It is 100% meant to offend but I believe so is BLM it is meant to offend and or guilt people. Counterproductive and divisive. I would never allow my kids to attend a Black Lives Matter protest but an All Lives Matter protest, I 100% would with the message being all human beings should be treated fairly and equally despite the color of their skin. To me that is more inclusive.
I’m not a fan of the BLM organization as their fringe elements have done some very offensive and ugly things. They have a faction that push to disrupt and make white people feel uncomfortable. I think many believe that is what’s necessary to be effective and push change. Like them or not you can’t say they weren’t successful in growing their cause into a national conversation.
But in a negative light mostly despite what the News Entertainment Media tells us. If you’re in the school of thought that any publicity is good publicity then OK but to me more people now have a negative view of their cause vs a positive view. Maybe Meghan Markle should learn from that?
I think it goes both ways... look at the civil rights movement... that got bloody and ugly for years and years before something was actually done. BLM has had its ugly moments and turned off many people like you but they have also attracted many millions from all backgrounds to stand for their cause. And we are seeing it’s effects trickle through our society from education to entertainment to legislation. When history looks back those changes are what will be remembered and not so much the uncomfortableness that whites felt.
I disagree. Jim Crow wasn't in every state and was truly oppressive and divisive. Just like BLM. BLM doesn't want unity they want division. As you see on this board the African American posters dismiss me immediately cause I am white. Divisive movements never work long term. BLM has created more racists not fewer in America. They have shined a light alright. A light that tells Americans to be ashamed of their country. Sad.
That’s not my experience. It’s amazing what you can get out of a person when you find understanding and commonality before engaging in combating views... especially when it comes to race and politics. When people are defensive they get ugly and dismissive and offensive. Especially online. I’ve had good racial debates with those that I see you battling with. But I’ve expressed understanding, support and compassion about their cause before asking challenging questions or expressing combatting points. Same thing for those on the far right. I got a few buddy’s on that side whom I see trolling those on the left constantly. It’s the nature of the internet. It brings out people worst. If we were all at a party with eachother I bet many “enemies” would find a way to get along.

they come over and tell you that they are dying and you reply “well a lot of people get cancer and die” you are speaking the truth, right?
I'd say "A lot of people get cancer and live". That's far more akin to saying an equally positive thing like "All lives matter".
Haha, no it’s not. BLM is addressing blacks being oppressed. How is responding with white lives matter or all lives matter adding equal positivity to the message of BLM?
Nope. You're wrong. If BLM addressed that I would support BLM. But BLMs sole focus is white cops profiling blacks. That to me is myopic and counterproductive.
You may not agree with their cause. I’ve lived in a bubble for most my life so I haven’t personally experienced any of it but obviously those who have were about to hold meetings and organize in a way that lead to millions hitting the streets to give voice to the cause. Just because you or I don’t see it in our own lives doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. This is a bit off topic though. We can argue the validity of the cause another time. But to imply that responding to BLM with White lives matter... you know that is provocative and minimizing by design, right? Please don’t tell me you’re going to defend that as just stating the truth... you’re better than that
It is provocative of course as is Blue Lives Matter and All Lives Matter. Why? Black Lives Matter is a divisive statement more so than a unifying statement to many. Keep in mind that black persons are only 13% of the population. Jews like myself are 2%. You don’t see Jew Lives Matter movements. Why? It would be more divisive than inclusive. Stating All Lives Matter would encompass black lives and that movement would garner more support. How many times have black persons on this site dehumanized me for being white or for being a Jew or both? Then call me ignorant for having an opinion that America isn’t systematically racist in my view. It’s counterproductive and borderline highly divisive.
Ok well that’s an honest assessment. This whole thread is full of other tards pretending like the retort isn’t provocative and is just speaking the truth.
It is 100% meant to offend but I believe so is BLM it is meant to offend and or guilt people. Counterproductive and divisive. I would never allow my kids to attend a Black Lives Matter protest but an All Lives Matter protest, I 100% would with the message being all human beings should be treated fairly and equally despite the color of their skin. To me that is more inclusive.
I’m not a fan of the BLM organization as their fringe elements have done some very offensive and ugly things. They have a faction that push to disrupt and make white people feel uncomfortable. I think many believe that is what’s necessary to be effective and push change. Like them or not you can’t say they weren’t successful in growing their cause into a national conversation.
But in a negative light mostly despite what the News Entertainment Media tells us. If you’re in the school of thought that any publicity is good publicity then OK but to me more people now have a negative view of their cause vs a positive view. Maybe Meghan Markle should learn from that?
I think it goes both ways... look at the civil rights movement... that got bloody and ugly for years and years before something was actually done. BLM has had its ugly moments and turned off many people like you but they have also attracted many millions from all backgrounds to stand for their cause. And we are seeing it’s effects trickle through our society from education to entertainment to legislation. When history looks back those changes are what will be remembered and not so much the uncomfortableness that whites felt.
I disagree. Jim Crow wasn't in every state and was truly oppressive and divisive. Just like BLM. BLM doesn't want unity they want division. As you see on this board the African American posters dismiss me immediately cause I am white. Divisive movements never work long term. BLM has created more racists not fewer in America. They have shined a light alright. A light that tells Americans to be ashamed of their country. Sad.
That’s not my experience. It’s amazing what you can get out of a person when you find understanding and commonality before engaging in combating views... especially when it comes to race and politics. When people are defensive they get ugly and dismissive and offensive. Especially online. I’ve had good racial debates with those that I see you battling with. But I’ve expressed understanding, support and compassion about their cause before asking challenging questions or expressing combatting points. Same thing for those on the far right. I got a few buddy’s on that side whom I see trolling those on the left constantly. It’s the nature of the internet. It brings out people worst. If we were all at a party with eachother I bet many “enemies” would find a way to get along.
I again disagree. Alt Right and those who support BLM are one in the same to me. Divisive people.

I again disagree. Alt Right and those who support BLM are one in the same to me. Divisive people.
I don’t know how you can disagree with my actual personal experience but that’s fine I guess.

Haha, ok then. Well thank you for trying to observe my feelings despite your lack of care. Maybe try a little harder next time so you can get it right.
I got it right already. Tell everyone how much you care some more, pajamaboy.
I was asked a question and I answered. Don’t know what you’re looking for
The correct answer?
What’s the correct answer?
True.

Same as the answer you gave for black lives matter.
True about all lives mattering? Yes, no shit. That’s why I said it was a stupid question obviously meant to antagonize and minimize the BLM movement.
That wasn't so obvious because of your second answer. Logically they should have been the same answer. But you answered "that's a stupid question" to the question of do white lives matter and you answered "true" to the question do black lives matter.
Yes and I explained why I answered that way to a provocative question geared to minimize a movement. Did you not see that part of my post?
Yes, I don't agree with your logic. If it is a stupid question one way it's a stupid question the other way.
That’s not how it works. You have a marginalized group fighting for equality and the people pushing back trying to minimize their efforts by playing word games with their slogan. Somehow implying that they are trying to say that ONLY Black Lives Matter. It’s a low IQ retort
How did I marginalize anything? The answer to the question do black lives matter is true. The answer to the question do white lives matter is true.

How can stating the truth marginalize anything?
Wow, you really don’t get it. Do I need to actually write it out for you?
Yes, that's exactly what I asked you to do. To explain to me how me stating the truth is a marginalization.
So if somebody you love just found out they had cancer, they were distraught and looking for support, so they come over and tell you that they are dying and you reply “well a lot of people get cancer and die” you are speaking the truth, right? But I promise you you won’t get a positive reaction from that person as you would be minimizing their strife. I can’t believe you don’t understand that and I had to explain it.
That's pretty stupid, bro. I think I would just say, Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Is there anything I can do for you.

Haha, ok then. Well thank you for trying to observe my feelings despite your lack of care. Maybe try a little harder next time so you can get it right.
The correct answer?
True.

True about all lives mattering? Yes, no shit. That’s why I said it was a stupid question obviously meant to antagonize and minimize the BLM movement.
No one can make you do anything, right?

It's always your choice in the end, right?
That’s right
So then there was no need to put an end to someone trying to antagonize you as you controlled whether or not you would be antagonized.
That’s correct, there is no need to really post anything on this board. I do it for entertainment not necessity
Sure but you explanation for your inconsistent responses was to make him stop doing what he was doing when what he was doing had no effect on you. So instead of honestly answering the question, you answered it dishonestly.
I had no intent of influencing what anybody does. I saw a guy being provocative so I called it out what I saw. Pretty simple. I haven’t been inconsistent with anything
I understand your motives. I just don't agree with your method. Cause all you are doing is playing into their game.
Got something against games?
Not at all. I've been playing one with you. But I usually skip the playing and go straight to winning.

The correct answer?
True.

That wasn't so obvious because of your second answer. Logically they should have been the same answer. But you answered "that's a stupid question" to the question of do white lives matter and you answered "true" to the question do black lives matter.
Yes and I explained why I answered that way to a provocative question geared to minimize a movement. Did you not see that part of my post?
Yes, I don't agree with your logic. If it is a stupid question one way it's a stupid question the other way.
That’s not how it works. You have a marginalized group fighting for equality and the people pushing back trying to minimize their efforts by playing word games with their slogan. Somehow implying that they are trying to say that ONLY Black Lives Matter. It’s a low IQ retort
How did I marginalize anything? The answer to the question do black lives matter is true. The answer to the question do white lives matter is true.

Yes, that's exactly what I asked you to do. To explain to me how me stating the truth is a marginalization.
So if somebody you love just found out they had cancer, they were distraught and looking for support, so they come over and tell you that they are dying and you reply “well a lot of people get cancer and die” you are speaking the truth, right? But I promise you you won’t get a positive reaction from that person as you would be minimizing their strife. I can’t believe you don’t understand that and I had to explain it.
That's pretty stupid, bro. I think I would just say, Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Is there anything I can do for you.
Yes that would be a great response. So now maybe you understand why people don’t react well to the whole White Lives Matter thing?

The correct answer?
True.

Yes that would be a great response. So now maybe you understand why people don’t react well to the whole White Lives Matter thing?
I never realized there was a white lives mattered thing. I thought I was just answering a question. But if there was a white lives mattered thing, I'm pretty confident I would have gone straight to winning there too but in the right way.

The correct answer?
True.

That’s right
So then there was no need to put an end to someone trying to antagonize you as you controlled whether or not you would be antagonized.
That’s correct, there is no need to really post anything on this board. I do it for entertainment not necessity
Sure but you explanation for your inconsistent responses was to make him stop doing what he was doing when what he was doing had no effect on you. So instead of honestly answering the question, you answered it dishonestly.
I had no intent of influencing what anybody does. I saw a guy being provocative so I called it out what I saw. Pretty simple. I haven’t been inconsistent with anything
I understand your motives. I just don't agree with your method. Cause all you are doing is playing into their game.
Not at all. I've been playing one with you. But I usually skip the playing and go straight to winning.
Ahh the old Trump tactic... declare victory before the game even gets played and state that should he lose it is because they cheated. Perfect!!

The correct answer?
True.

I never realized there was a white lives mattered thing. I thought I was just answering a question. But if there was a white lives mattered thing, I'm pretty confident I would have gone straight to winning there too but in the right way.
Haha, read the title of the thread smart guy

The correct answer?
True.

That’s right
Ahh the old Trump tactic... declare victory before the game even gets played and state that should he lose it is because they cheated. Perfect!!
ummm.... no. More like beating you at your own game. The victory was self evident.

The correct answer?
True.

I never claimed to be a smart guy. And I'm not clairvoyant as to the intent of the OP. Which is why I responded to the OP the way I did. So maybe you should look at my reply to the OP, smart guy. ;)

I don’t know how you can disagree with my actual personal experience but that’s fine I guess.
You are an outlier. My personal experiences have been the exact opposite. My wife who was never remotely political is now and she leans very right where as before she would at worst have been agnostic and she isn’t the only one. How bout dem experiences?

The correct answer?
True.

That’s right
ummm.... no. More like beating you at your own game. The victory was self evident.
I’m sure it was to you. Haha. Check your mail in 3-5 days, yoir trophy is on the way!

The correct answer?
True.

I never claimed to be a smart guy. And I'm not clairvoyant as to the intent of the OP. Which is why I responded to the OP the way I did. So maybe you should look at my reply to the OP, smart guy. ;)
You’re popping off claiming all these imaginary victories acting like a smart guy so the shoe fits. And you’re saying you didn’t know there was a white lives matter thing in a thread with the fucking title “White Lives Matter”!!! You gotta laugh at that one. It’s ok we all screw up and act like dumbasses at times.

you don’t need to be clairvoyant, you just need an ounce of a clue.

You are an outlier. My personal experiences have been the exact opposite. My wife who was never remotely political is now and she leans very right where as before she would at worst have been agnostic and she isn’t the only one. How bout dem experiences?
Those are her experiences. She obviously engages with others differently than I and has different views of what’s happening in our political atmosphere. That fine. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

The correct answer?
True.

That’s right
I’m sure it was to you. Haha. Check your mail in 3-5 days, yoir trophy is on the way!
I'm internally motivated. No trophy needed.

But look, you are here looking for a fight, so it's not surprising you got one, right? In that regard, do you really believe you are any different than the OP (assuming that's what he was doing too)?

The obvious answer is no. But I'd be willing to bet you rationalized what you are doing as good and just. And that the OP was evil and unjust. That you are fighting the good fight. To rid the world of injustice. A noble endeavor to be sure, but it's still a rationalization. You are materially no different than the OP. Neither of you are part of the solution. You are both part of the problem.

Me? I'm just some asshole on the internet who knows he's not good and can own it.

Those are her experiences. She obviously engages with others differently than I and has different views of what’s happening in our political atmosphere. That fine. We are all entitled to our own opinions.
Of course. Then don’t vilify me as a racist because I feel that the BLM movement is divisive and Trump was a better choice than Biden.

The correct answer?
True.

You’re popping off claiming all these imaginary victories acting like a smart guy so the shoe fits. And you’re saying you didn’t know there was a white lives matter thing in a thread with the fucking title “White Lives Matter”!!! You gotta laugh at that one. It’s ok we all screw up and act like dumbasses at times.

you don’t need to be clairvoyant, you just need an ounce of a clue.
See my last post. Peace.

The correct answer?
True.

That’s right

But look, you are here looking for a fight, so it's not surprising you got one, right? In that regard, do you really believe you are any different than the OP (assuming that's what he was doing too)?

The obvious answer is no. But I'd be willing to bet you rationalized what you are doing as good and just. And that the OP was evil and unjust. That you are fighting the good fight. To rid the world of injustice. A noble endeavor to be sure, but it's still a rationalization. You are materially no different than the OP. Neither of you are part of the solution. You are both part of the problem.

Me? I'm just some asshole on the internet who knows he's not good and can own it.
Haha, you are self righteous I’ll give you that. But by your breakdown you are doing the same thing to me as you claim I am doing to the OP making you the same as both of us. A rather silly way to look at debate but you’re entitled to it.

The correct answer?
True.

That’s right

Haha, you are self righteous I’ll give you that. But by your breakdown you are doing the same thing to me as you claim I am doing to the OP making you the same as both of us. A rather silly way to look at debate but you’re entitled to it.
Nope. I'm no good at all. Rotten to the core.

Forum List

Back