Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to buttress my certainty that the Palestinian leaders have violated their obligation to change the charter, I hereby offer a $1,000,000 Wells Fargo check to the first person who presents a validly voted written PNC resolution with the twelve (12) specifically annulled charter clauses and the new language of the sixteen (16) clauses which were allegedly partially annulled in Arafat's January 1998 letter to President Clinton.

It never happened.

(full article online)

The PLO Charter change never happened

• The premise that the prosecution of terrorists, including unfortunately many minors who commit violent crimes (murder and attempted murder), offends American values and is an abuse of human rights is perverse. The arrest and prosecution of violent offenders, including terrorists, is a foundation of the rule of law and human rights. What contributes to human rights abuse and the degradation of moral values is the promotion of impunity by HRW and Van Esveld for Palestinian terrorists, and his erasing the systematic exploitation of Palestinian minors by Palestinian terror groups to commit violent crimes, the culture of incitement and antisemitism promoted by the Palestinian Authority and Palestinian terror groups and dircongressected at children from the time they are born, and the glorification of and financial rewards to those that act on such incitement.

(full article online)

Human Rights Watch Op-ed Repeats False and Distorted Claims on Palestinian Minors to Support Proposed BDS Legislation

• The premise that the prosecution of terrorists, including unfortunately many minors who commit violent crimes (murder and attempted murder), offends American values and is an abuse of human rights is perverse. The arrest and prosecution of violent offenders, including terrorists, is a foundation of the rule of law and human rights. What contributes to human rights abuse and the degradation of moral values is the promotion of impunity by HRW and Van Esveld for Palestinian terrorists, and his erasing the systematic exploitation of Palestinian minors by Palestinian terror groups to commit violent crimes, the culture of incitement and antisemitism promoted by the Palestinian Authority and Palestinian terror groups and dircongressected at children from the time they are born, and the glorification of and financial rewards to those that act on such incitement.
(full article online)

Human Rights Watch Op-ed Repeats False and Distorted Claims on Palestinian Minors to Support Proposed BDS Legislation
Says an Israeli propaganda organization.

(full article online)

Says an Israeli propaganda organization.

Link?

Although Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh has enthusiastically described the Palestinians’ violent protests against US President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital as a “blessed intifada,” what has actually been taking place on the ground in the territories is nothing like the outbreak of the first intifada 30 years ago. It also does not remotely resemble the first days of the second intifada, in the wake of then-opposition leader Ariel Sharon’s visit to the Temple Mount in September 2000.

At most, the two days of protests might be called “intifada lite,” and even that would be a bit of an exaggeration. Only a few thousand people have taken to the streets in the West Bank and Gaza.

(full article online)

To date, Palestinians’ Jerusalem protests are a case of ‘intifada lite’

“The rioters knew that security forces in the field would not employ riot dispersal tactics against an ambulance, and they used it to harm the forces while shielding themselves,” the army said in a statement.

Photographs released by the military showed Palestinians on at least two occasions throwing rocks while standing behind an ambulance. The Times of Israel could not independently verify where and when the pictures were taken.

(full article online)

IDF accuses Palestinians of using ambulance as shield for rock throwing

In September, 2015, Abbas hailed Palestinian rioters on the Temple Mount, saying any blood spilled in “defense” of the holy site was “pure.”

The following month, Abbas gave a speech justifying violence related to the Temple Mount, including the murder of Israelis, as a legitimate ‘defense’ of al-Aqsa.

In 2016, he praised as a “martyr” a young Palestinian woman who attempted to kill an Israeli soldier in a car ramming attack, writing “We see in her a martyr who watered the pure earth of Palestine with her blood,”

In July 2017, he encouraged ongoing violent rioting over al-Aqsa, even after Israelis removed controversial metal detectors from the Temple Mount which were installed following a deadly terror attack on the compound.

Bottom line: The Economist’s claim that the Palestinian President has “rejected violence” since 2005 fails to pass even the most minimum critical scrutiny.

(full article online)

Economist: Abbas has “rejected violence” since 2005

• "More journalists than protesters..." — Björn Stritzel, German journalist.

• Protests against Israel and the US are not uncommon on the streets of Ramallah, Hebron and Bethlehem. But for the "war correspondents," there is nothing more exciting than standing behind burning tires and stone throwers and reporting from the heart of the "clashes." Such scenes make the journalists look as if they are in the middle of a battlefield and are risking their lives to bring the story home to their viewers. They might even receive an award for their "courageous" reporting from danger zones!

• Jerusalem is tense, and has long been so, because the Palestinians have not yet managed to come to terms with Israel's right to exist. That is the real story. The Palestinians rage and rage for only one reason: because Israel exists. Put that in a story and publish it.
(full article online)

Newsflash: Jerusalem Not on Fire!

[ Muslim thinking, Palestinian thinking ]

Several years ago, when first in the United States on a teaching scholarship, one issue leapt out. A man asked an innocent enough question: Where I was from? I told him; then, as a courtesy, asked him the same question.

"I am a Muslim," he smiled.

Thinking that perhaps he had not understood the question -- he sounded American or English -- I asked if he was from the United States.

"I am not American," he said again; "I am a Muslim."

I subsequently learned that he was an Islamist, a preacher of strict religious teachings, and that many of the people to whom he preached held the same views.

In Iran and Syria, where I was born and raised, I had never before heard this answer.

Later, while speaking in Europe, these notions kept resurfacing. Radical Islamists, particularly in Britain and France, proclaim themselves first to be Muslim. Even when they speak with English, French or American accents, they do not name their countries -- even to me, someone from the Middle East.

Their response signals a reason for concern in the countries they live in now. To begin with, for Islamists, non-Muslim land is different from Muslim land. Many can never identify themselves with a Western land -- or with a flag or nationality -- even though they may have been born in that land and their families may have lived there for generations.

This view is far different from that in the Middle East.

One day, I asked an American imam why he did not identify himself as an American. Millions of people, I said to him, dream of coming to the US and becoming Americans; why would anyone want to reject this?

He quoted said one of the founding fathers of Islamist thoughts, Sayyid Qutb:

"The homeland of the Muslim, in which he lives and which he defends, is not a piece of land; the nationality of the Muslim, by which he is identified, is not the nationality determined by a government; the family of the Muslim, in which he finds solace and which he defends, is not blood relationships; the flag of the Muslim, which he honors and under which he is martyred, is not the flag of a country; and the victory of the Muslim, which he celebrates and for which he is thankful to God, is not a military victory."

"I am not American," said the Islamist; "I am Muslim"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back