Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The responsibility of the ā€œMoslem worldā€ to ā€œrein inā€?

That is what makes your argument ridiculous.

They are not one entity. They do not speak with one voice.

They don't? I'm not so sure about that. When was the last time a Jew walked on the Temple Mount and had any significant group of Muslims (or even a single one) SUPPORT the Jewish right to presence, prayer and worship in the Holiest Jewish Place?

No.

They donā€™t.

Christians revere Bethlehem, but they donā€™t speak with the same voice. Do all Jews speak with the same voice? Is there one leader that speaks for them all?

Of course not.

But Muslims are unique in this day and age arenā€™t they? Unlike Christians or Jews, they are expected to apologize and be responsible for the bad acts of any Muslim any where in the world.

No.

They donā€™t.

Christians revere Bethlehem, but they donā€™t speak with the same voice. Do all Jews speak with the same voice? Is there one leader that speaks for them all?

Of course not.

But Muslims are unique in this day and age arenā€™t they? Unlike Christians or Jews, they are expected to apologize and be responsible for the bad acts of any Muslim any where in the world.

Well, actually, I DO believe that it is up to each group to police their own. I believe it IS, actually, incumbent upon all Jews to speak out against wrong behaviour from within their community. I DO, actually, believe that all Jews are responsible for the entirety of the Jewish community. There is a significant portion of Jewish law related to just this very thing.

One would think that with all the Muslims in the world, if they believed in the rights of all people to be present, pray and worship at their own most Holy Places that Jews wouldn't have so much trouble being present and praying and worshiping on the Temple Mount. Surely, all those Muslims who speak with a different voice would not permit such an egregious removal of fundamental human rights, would they?

[ "All Lands of Palestine" means ALL OF ISRAEL ]

Ismail Haniyeh says ā€˜blood of martyrs brings us closer to victory over Zionist enemy,ā€™ vows ongoing fight until ā€˜siege on Jerusalem, Al-Aqsa and all lands of Palestine is liftedā€™

(full article online)

Hamas leader: We wonā€™t halt Gaza marches for ā€˜diesel fuel and dollarsā€™

Coyote

On one of these threads, you claimed that the hate each side has for the other is the same. i disagree. And this is why.

There is all the difference in the world between, "We are going to keep killing you (and ourselves and our children) because you are enemies and you have no rights to, well, anything." AND "Please, would you just stop trying to kill us? And acknowledge our history? And if you can't we are forced to defend ourselves."

Now, I'll admit, that defense sometimes looks ugly, and sometimes it IS ugly. But Israel is not trying to use the blood of her children to take Gaza.
Hamas isnā€™t all Palestinians or even most however....

And why canā€™t israeliā€™s Also acknowledge the Palestinianā€™s history.

That was a spectacular dodge.

It is NOT just Hamas which holds the broad view which I stated. It is widely accepted across Palestinians. The proof is in the "March" and in the stabbings and in the speeches made by Abbas and his advisors and in the polls. The only reason I use Gaza so often in this argument is because it is OBVIOUS with Gaza and YET obvious as it is, people (even more or less reasonable people like you) STILL give excuses, dodge or justify the murderous intent expressed by Gaza, its government and its people.

Again, Israel is not using the blood of her children to take Gaza. Israel is not attacking Gaza. Israel is not trying in her tens of thousands to cross the border into Gaza. Israel is not making public speeches calling to rip the hearts out of Gazans.

Stop excusing them.

What evidence do you have that Hamas view is widely held among all Palestinians? There are some 5 million Palestinians? How many of them are out murdering Jews?

I do not see any difference between Palestinian hate and Israeli hate when it erupts in to violence towards innocent people. There is no excuse for it. But whoā€™s violence gets excused the most? You heard it in these threads.

It is ā€œunderstandableā€ when a Jewish youth attacks and kills a Palestinian youth in revenge for a prior palistinian killing of a Jew. But it isnā€™t ā€œunderstandableā€ when a Palestinian youth attacks and kills a Jewish youth in revenge for the killing of a Palestinian. So why are people excusing it?

Ismail Haniyeh says ā€˜blood of martyrs brings us closer to victory over Zionist enemy,ā€™ vows ongoing fight until ā€˜siege on Jerusalem, Al-Aqsa and all lands of Palestine is liftedā€™

(full article online)

Coyote

On one of these threads, you claimed that the hate each side has for the other is the same. i disagree. And this is why.

There is all the difference in the world between, "We are going to keep killing you (and ourselves and our children) because you are enemies and you have no rights to, well, anything." AND "Please, would you just stop trying to kill us? And acknowledge our history? And if you can't we are forced to defend ourselves."

Now, I'll admit, that defense sometimes looks ugly, and sometimes it IS ugly. But Israel is not trying to use the blood of her children to take Gaza.

It is NOT just Hamas which holds the broad view which I stated. It is widely accepted across Palestinians. The proof is in the "March" and in the stabbings and in the speeches made by Abbas and his advisors and in the polls. The only reason I use Gaza so often in this argument is because it is OBVIOUS with Gaza and YET obvious as it is, people (even more or less reasonable people like you) STILL give excuses, dodge or justify the murderous intent expressed by Gaza, its government and its people.

Again, Israel is not using the blood of her children to take Gaza. Israel is not attacking Gaza. Israel is not trying in her tens of thousands to cross the border into Gaza. Israel is not making public speeches calling to rip the hearts out of Gazans.

Stop excusing them.

What evidence do you have that Hamas view is widely held among all Palestinians? There are some 5 million Palestinians? How many of them are out murdering Jews?

I do not see any difference between Palestinian hate and Israeli hate when it erupts in to violence towards innocent people. There is no excuse for it. But whoā€™s violence gets excused the most? You heard it in these threads.

It is ā€œunderstandableā€ when a Jewish youth attacks and kills a Palestinian youth in revenge for a prior palistinian killing of a Jew. But it isnā€™t ā€œunderstandableā€ when a Palestinian youth attacks and kills a Jewish youth in revenge for the killing of a Palestinian. So why are people excusing it?

No, it is not the same hate.

"We are going to keep killing you" is NOT the same as "Stop trying to kill us".

AGAIN, Israel is not massing tens of thousands of people on the border trying to break through and kill Arabs.

There is no equivalence here. And yet, you keep trying to make an equivalence.

No.

They donā€™t.

Of course not.

Well, actually, I DO believe that it is up to each group to police their own. I believe it IS, actually, incumbent upon all Jews to speak out against wrong behaviour from within their community. I DO, actually, believe that all Jews are responsible for the entirety of the Jewish community. There is a significant portion of Jewish law related to just this very thing.

There are 1.8 billion Muslims in a huge number of countries, with different cultures around the world. They are not one culture or ethnicity and they donā€™t even all agree or like each other.

There are 2.2 billion Christians in a huge number of countries, with different cultures around the world. They are not one culture or ethnicity and they donā€™t even all agree or like each other.

You might believe in it, but that doesnā€™t make a fair or realistic expectation of such unified groups. Nor does it change the fact that Muslims are the only group on whom this expectation is demanded and whoā€™s various statements condemning violence and extremism are routinely ignored or marginalized. Double standards.

(full article online)

Coyote

Stop excusing them.

AGAIN, Israel is not massing tens of thousands of people on the border trying to break through and kill Arabs.

How is firebombing a house full of sleeping people a statement of ā€œstop trying to kill us?ā€

No.

They donā€™t.

Of course not.

There are 1.8 billion Muslims in a huge number of countries, with different cultures around the world. They are not one culture or ethnicity and they donā€™t even all agree or like each other.

You might believe in it, but that doesnā€™t make a fair or realistic expectation of such unified groups. Nor does it change the fact that Muslims are the only group on whom this expectation is demanded and whoā€™s various statements condemning violence and extremism are routinely ignored or marginalized. Double standards.

How can a designation such as "Muslim" even mean anything if we all agree that this Muslim has nothing in common with that Muslim and there is no common ground upon which they stand. It becomes a meaningless word.

Muslims, imo, who reject violence and extremism and who support the rights of ALL peoples to worship and pray and live according to their own self-determination and history and traditions are not doing ENOUGH within their own communities.

And no, Muslims are NOT by a long shot the only group upon whom this expectation is demanded. One only has to look at the antisemitism and attacks against Jews around the world to know that.

Coyote

Stop excusing them.

How is firebombing a house full of sleeping people a statement of ā€œstop trying to kill us?ā€

You are stuck on that single incident as though that single incident defines the entirety of Israeli thought. Again, Israel is not massing tens of thousands of people on the border trying to break through and kill Arabs.

No.

They donā€™t.

Of course not.

How can a designation such as "Muslim" even mean anything if we all agree that this Muslim has nothing in common with that Muslim and there is no common ground upon which they stand. It becomes a meaningless word.

Muslims, imo, who reject violence and extremism and who support the rights of ALL peoples to worship and pray and live according to their own self-determination and history and traditions are not doing ENOUGH within their own communities.

And no, Muslims are NOT by a long shot the only group upon whom this expectation is demanded. One only has to look at the antisemitism and attacks against Jews around the world to know that.

We will have to agree to disagree then. People may have a common faith and set of beliefs but doesnā€™t much when they donā€™t even agree on who is a real member of that faith and who isnā€™t. COMMUNITY faith groups can work to change within their group but a Muslim in Canada has no influence on a Muslim in Egypt and they donā€™t even share the same culture. Why should he be held responsible? Perhaps Jews and Muslims have a lot in common when it comes to demands of apology.

COMMUNITY faith groups can work to change within their group but a Muslim in Canada has no influence on a Muslim in Egypt and they donā€™t even share the same culture.

I absolutely disagree. A Muslim in Canada can influence not only other Muslims in Canada, but Muslims elsewhere.

COMMUNITY faith groups can work to change within their group but a Muslim in Canada has no influence on a Muslim in Egypt and they donā€™t even share the same culture.

I absolutely disagree. A Muslim in Canada can influence not only other Muslims in Canada, but Muslims elsewhere.

Perhaps in time but there are huge cultural gulfs you are unwilling to recognize. And demanding an entire religion to apologize for the acts of some is wrong coming from a culture that values individual rights and responsibility for ones actions. You pointed out antisemitism demands it of Jews in entirety. Perhaps it is anti-Islam that demands it of Muslims in entirety rather an individual for his acts.

Why do the Palestinians ignore that Jordan and Egypt annexed the West Bank and Gaza for years respectively?

Because at the time between 1948 and 1967, there was little to no Palestinian Nationalism. One of the things you hear a lot of in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is that there never was a Palestinian state. As in before 1948, there wasn't a movement for the Arabs in the area to become independent, they felt more a part of the people from neighboring countries. They didn't start developing a separate identity until very close to 1967, around the time of the creation of the PLO in 1964.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-Palest...the-West-Bank-and-Gaza-for-years-respectively

One would think that with all the Muslims in the world, if they believed in the rights of all people to be present, pray and worship at their own most Holy Places that Jews wouldn't have so much trouble being present and praying and worshiping on the Temple Mount. Surely, all those Muslims who speak with a different voice would not permit such an egregious removal of fundamental human rights, would they?

"Surely, all those Muslims who speak with a different voice would not permit such an egregious removal of fundamental human rights, would they?"

weirdos.... "because you're a woman, you weren't allowed to drive..."

Woo-hoo!
They won...

it's all perfectly normal......

The incident occurred ten months ago, when the victim was returning to his home in the Old City.

The assailant spotted the victim and threw a block at him from a height of thirteen feet, and as a result, the young man suffered a head injury, requiring stitches.

"A terrorist who was convicted of causing serious injury tried to murder my client solely because he was a Jew. We are grateful to the police and the State Prosecutor for taking the terrorist and incriminating him, but unfortunately the terrorist was not charged and convicted as he was," said Haim Bleicher, the attorney who represented the victim.

"But unfortunately the terrorist was not charged and convicted of attempted murder, as he should have been, for what was an attack with racist, nationalist motives."

(full article online)

Arab convicted for throwing block at Israeli youth in Jerusalem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back