🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who are these people who want to tell women what to do in their private lives?

Now the Arkansas legislature "passes law allowing rapists to sue victims who want an abortion."

Arkansas just passed a law that will let rapists sue victims who want an abortion

This law (1) gives the husband of his pregnant wife the legal right "to stop her from having an abortion, even in cases of spousal rape . . .". That will be cheered on by Iranian parliament.

And (2) husbands can sue for damages the doctors who carry out such abortions.

Insanity reigns in Arkansas.
Any rape victims should in turn, sue those responsible by name for inflicting "cruel and unusual punishment" for making a rape victim suffer the daily reminder of being raped, as well as the pain and suffering of childbirth.
That is a superb comment.

Check your state's legislators who are women's advocates and share your idea.

This is very important here. Am I reading it right that the women in question are wanting the abortion while in the middle of a divorce?

It could happen-----a marriage FALLS APART for whatever reason and the woman finds herself pregnant. Such tragedies do happen
I am sure women are in that position all the time. "Divorce" may not make be acceptable under the state law.

Now the Arkansas legislature "passes law allowing rapists to sue victims who want an abortion."

Arkansas just passed a law that will let rapists sue victims who want an abortion

This law (1) gives the husband of his pregnant wife the legal right "to stop her from having an abortion, even in cases of spousal rape . . .". That will be cheered on by Iranian parliament.

I'm anti-Abortion with the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the mother is concerned, I don't support abortion being used as a means of contraception.

This situation you post about in Arkansas is the full-on extreme and it should be strongly resisted, women who have been raped have a right not to suffer psychological damage and scarring by being forced to carry a rapists child for nine months and then give birth to it.

This is a very complex issue, that involves both physical trauma but more devastatingly enduring psychological trauma that could last for the rest of the woman's life and also lead to suicidal tendency, so to avoid all of that it's imperative that if a woman is raped she is allowed the right for her own psychological well-being to have an abortion if she wishes to.
When is abortion ever used as a means of contraception?
really?

Your Bishop would tell you to leave such statements alone to your church's spokesman. Email Richard Turley for guidance, because you are very poor example of the Mormon Church. Murder is a legal term, abortion is a medical term, and your opinion is your opinion, meaningless.

You do not speak for my church, nor for my religious leaders.

This is very important here. Am I reading it right that the women in question are wanting the abortion while in the middle of a divorce?

It could happen-----a marriage FALLS APART for whatever reason and the woman finds herself pregnant. Such tragedies do happen
I am sure women are in that position all the time. "Divorce" may not make be acceptable under the state law.

could you restate that one, jakie?

Suppose a woman is raped, but she also recently has consensual sex with her husband. She becomes pregnant and the baby is born 9 months later. Perhaps she lives somewhere in the world where she does not have access to medical testing to determine who the father is before birth of the baby. After the baby is born the woman and her husband realize that the rapist (not the husband) is the father of the baby. Should the woman have the right to kill the baby?
Fallacy of trying to equate abortion with homicide after birth. Fail. Try again.
Kind of like equating trying to equate killing of a child with the killing of an adult, yes the two deeds are not exactly the same, but both result in a dead human. Your disagreement does not a fallacy make.

If there is a heartbeat, it's murder to terminate it-Geaux
Depends on the law, little buddy.
So if we change the law so that all killing of other humans regardless of age, then there would be no murder. Let's do it because murder is bad. Put an end to murder, make killing others legal!
Go for it, little buddy, notify your legislator of the law you want.

Of course get ready for police who come by on a welfare visit to check on you and your family.
You gave the idea buddy....now you run from your own logic.

Your Bishop would tell you to leave such statements alone to your church's spokesman. Email Richard Turley for guidance, because you are very poor example of the Mormon Church. Murder is a legal term, abortion is a medical term, and your opinion is your opinion, meaningless.

You do not speak for my church, nor for my religious leaders.
That's your mealy opinion. I know your church's theology and many of its authorities. You fall short by LDS standards.

The LDS church, I am very sure, does not support such a wing ding legislation.

Suppose a woman is raped, but she also recently has consensual sex with her husband. She becomes pregnant and the baby is born 9 months later. Perhaps she lives somewhere in the world where she does not have access to medical testing to determine who the father is before birth of the baby. After the baby is born the woman and her husband realize that the rapist (not the husband) is the father of the baby. Should the woman have the right to kill the baby?
Fallacy of trying to equate abortion with homicide after birth. Fail. Try again.
Kind of like equating trying to equate killing of a child with the killing of an adult, yes the two deeds are not exactly the same, but both result in a dead human. Your disagreement does not a fallacy make.
Look up fallacy of degree and kind. Your comparison is way off.

If there is a heartbeat, it's murder to terminate it-Geaux
Depends on the law, little buddy.
Does not depend on morality though right? I mean according to you if the child is alive and able to live outside the womb you don't mind one bit if the mother aborts cause after all that is the law.

Un-fucking-believable!!!! These conservatives are out of their goddamn minds....they are an absolute cancer.

If you read the article on what the legislature actually did, the OP is very misleading. I'm pro-choice, but I prefer an honest debate to sentimentalization and exaggeration
The OP is clear and to the point. Read the entire article. Study the other info on the web.

Rapists have no rights, period, other than to spend their lives in a tiny cell.

I agree...rapists need to be arrested and put in jail for life.....unless they committed murder during the rape, then they need to be executed.

The baby...is innocent of any crime....so needs to be protected....

Forcing the mother against her will to carry the rapist's spawn for nine months is evil

Un-fucking-believable!!!! These conservatives are out of their goddamn minds....they are an absolute cancer.

If you read the article on what the legislature actually did, the OP is very misleading. I'm pro-choice, but I prefer an honest debate to sentimentalization and exaggeration
The OP is clear and to the point. Read the entire article. Study the other info on the web.

I agree...rapists need to be arrested and put in jail for life.....unless they committed murder during the rape, then they need to be executed.

Forcing the mother against her will to carry the rapist's spawn for nine months is evil
The article is a basic lie. they equate a very small percent of husbands that may rape estranged wives with ALL Husbands and then call all Husbands rapists.

When it comes to abortion, conservative scum will side with rapists, every time. It does not matter what they say. Their word is hollow and meaningless. The people who need to be aborted are these worthless Republican shitlords in Arkansas who wrote this bill.

"When it comes to abortion, conservative scum will side with rapists, every time."

You are the scum for making such an outrageous and ignorant statement.

The majority of people on the Right would tell you that we support the exceptions for rape, incest and where the life of the mother is concerned.

Please educate yourself before you make such ludicrous statements as you've just made.

Key phrase bolded. "Would tell you." Again, I don't give a shit what conservative scum "say" about anything. What they "say" is irrelevant. You only watch what a conservative POS does, not what they say. Nothing out of their mouth is truthful.

And this case is a perfect example. Conservatives scum "say" they might support the exceptions for rape and incest, yet here we have conservative maggots writing a bill enabling a a rapist to sue his victim if she wants to get an abortion.

How many times do I have to say this? Never, EVER listen to a goddamn thing a conservative says.

You stated that Conservatives side with rapists, I corrected you and said no we don't.

In general it's the Leftist Maniacs who side with most criminals usually blaming the victim and treating the perpetrator as societies victim.

You just sided with a rapist by agreeing with this ridiculous bill. You sided with rapists in 2012 also. In 2012 your platform was loaded with abortion, that then went into who's not going to pay for birth control contraceptives that then went into what is "legal-Legitimate rape" questions that were ALWAYS answered by an ancient old white MALE Republican.

It's also the reason you lost in 2012.
Why Romney Lost And Republicans Keep Losing
The GOP's woman problem goes beyond Trump

Not learning a dam thing from the loss in 2012, you lined the Republican platform with several Knuckle dragging Neanderthals that give no exceptions to abortion for rape, thereby supporting the rapists again. They were--Scott Walker, Mike Huckabee, Bobby Jindal, Rick Santorum, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, & Rick Perry. Some, if not most of them wouldn't give an exception for the mother's life either.

Henceforth YOU ARE supporting the rapist.

And just think, liberals want more and more of this as they welcome load after load of Muslims into our country.
Soon, liberals will be agreeing that women should be covered and only allowed outside if their husband is present.

Liberals are the new paradigm dictating what and whom to hate and what to accept. Protecting Islam after 9/11? Let's get this straight here, libs HATE conservatives on abortion rights. But will defend to the death Islam that enslaves women and bans abortion and stones gays etc. etc? How does that work, again?

When it comes to abortion, conservative scum will side with rapists, every time. It does not matter what they say. Their word is hollow and meaningless. The people who need to be aborted are these worthless Republican shitlords in Arkansas who wrote this bill.

"When it comes to abortion, conservative scum will side with rapists, every time."

You are the scum for making such an outrageous and ignorant statement.

The majority of people on the Right would tell you that we support the exceptions for rape, incest and where the life of the mother is concerned.

Please educate yourself before you make such ludicrous statements as you've just made.

Key phrase bolded. "Would tell you." Again, I don't give a shit what conservative scum "say" about anything. What they "say" is irrelevant. You only watch what a conservative POS does, not what they say. Nothing out of their mouth is truthful.

And this case is a perfect example. Conservatives scum "say" they might support the exceptions for rape and incest, yet here we have conservative maggots writing a bill enabling a a rapist to sue his victim if she wants to get an abortion.

How many times do I have to say this? Never, EVER listen to a goddamn thing a conservative says.

You stated that Conservatives side with rapists, I corrected you and said no we don't.

In general it's the Leftist Maniacs who side with most criminals usually blaming the victim and treating the perpetrator as societies victim.

We have multiple conservative scumbags in this very thread defending this bill. Again, when it comes to abortion, conservative scum will side with rapists, every time when it comes right down to it.

How come liberals CONSTANTLY defend abortion with suggestions of rape and health concerns, when they represent probably no more than 1% of abortion instances? The answer is clear. It's their conscious saying their position is corrupt and a fucking lie. Pretend I'm wrong and explain why.

Exactly, and that's how rapist genes spread.

I'm anti-Abortion with the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the mother is concerned, I don't support abortion being used as a means of contraception.

This situation you post about in Arkansas is the full-on extreme and it should be strongly resisted, women who have been raped have a right not to suffer psychological damage and scarring by being forced to carry a rapists child for nine months and then give birth to it.

This is a very complex issue, that involves both physical trauma but more devastatingly enduring psychological trauma that could last for the rest of the woman's life and also lead to suicidal tendency, so to avoid all of that it's imperative that if a woman is raped she is allowed the right for her own psychological well-being to have an abortion if she wishes to.
When is abortion ever used as a means of contraception?

You are one of the intellectually challenged I've been unfortunate enough to read some of your previous comments, therefore it's of no surprise that you would ask such an ignorant question.

But here goes I'll answer it.

Abortion on demand, getting pregnant and then saying you want an abortion because a baby isn't convenient and will mess up your career or lifestyle, that's using abortion as contraception.

If a woman doesn't want to become pregnant it's simple, use contraception, there are a variety of contraceptives that can be used.

Killing a baby as it slumbers in the womb because it being born will mess up your career or lifestyle is just that, pre-meditated killing and those that support that are cruel and disgusting.

Agree.

While I won't support or oppose abortion, I just want them to cut the crap and stop lying about what it involves and to stop lying about pro-life people.

This is an interesting article that explains what pro-life people believe. Just food for thought even though that is rarely desired by some. If a fetus reacts to stimuli, including reacting to the pain of abortion, it's hard to ignore and buy into the suggestion that they are merely clumps of cells. Yes, it's a woman's body. Fetuses are not body parts. They are separate beings so at least be honest about what you are doing and if you can't handle motherhood, do more to prevent becoming one. I think more would take better precautions and more would hesitate to kill the fetus if they actually watched it in an ultrasound. No wonder the left fights against the use of ultrasounds prior to abortions. The truth might cause some to take a different stance.

Abortions have stopped millions of black babies from being born and since it's inception, PP has focused on controlling the black population. Nothing has changed to this day. So, is it fair to say it's racism that drives them to abort as many minorities as possible each year?

It is a shame that fathers have no rights and no ability to make decisions. Some men want women to get abortions so they don't have to pay child support. Others know that it's their own flesh and blood and can't bear to see it killed. But, the woman is in control.

I just want them to know exactly what that control entails. It's a separate being that can feel and react to stimuli. It's your own flesh and blood that you are killing. Yes, it's killing. The only reason it's not murder is because the baby isn't developed enough to breathe on it's own.

Keep in mind that premature babies who are born within the legal limits of when abortion is still allowed, have survived. Creepy thought, isn't it.

"To Be Pro-Life is to Be Pro-Science

In the age of technology, there are near constant innovations and discoveries that deepen our understanding about human development. Scientific knowledge about the development of human life inside the womb is infinitely more advanced today than it was in 1973 when Roe v. Wade was handed down by the Supreme Court. The 7 members of the Roe majority referenced the science of their time, yet abortion jurisprudence has not kept up with scientific advances ever since.
With the improvement in ultrasound technology, now more than ever, we are given a window into the womb to confirm what science has always been very clear about - life begins at conception. Even though our media and politicians sympathetic to the abortion industry refute science and logic, this fundamental truth remains.

We now know that the heart begins beating in the first several weeks after conception. The brain, spinal cord, and other organs begin to form during those early weeks as well.

Through 3D ultrasounds, we see the babies reacting to stimuli, see them wiggling their tiny fingers. We are able to see their precious faces, confirming what science has already exposed – this is a unique human life with unique DNA.

As we fight for life at all stages of development, we are supporting and promoting that which science continues to reveal – life begins at conception and thus deserves the full protection of our laws from that very moment forward.

To Be Pro-Life is to Be Pro-Women

The abortion industry has successfully peddled the fallacy that in order to be pro-woman one must be pro-abortion. But nothing could be further from the truth.

Those of us who advocate for life know that to be pro-life is to promote the empowerment and well-being of all women – born and unborn.

As the revered suffragist Alice Paul said, “Abortion is the ultimate exploitation of women.” Abortion tells a woman that she is not strong enough to handle tough circumstances she might face during her pregnancy. Abortion tells a woman that her distinctive ability to bear children is an obstacle to her success, rather than a unique quality worth protecting and supporting. Abortion tells a woman that she must be more like a man before she will be valued as a member of our society.

But in stark contrast, the pro-life movement believes that life is the empowering choice for women. By encouraging women to choose life for their babies, we celebrate the inherent and unique abilities of women. We tell women that they have what it takes to do the hard and wonderful work of motherhood. We tell women that they are valuable and contributing members of society just as they are. In fact, without childbirth and motherhood, there would be no society.

To Be Pro-Life is to Promote Human Flourishing for All

But above all, the pro-life movement is deeply rooted in the fundamental belief that all life, no matter how small or poor or unwanted, is worth protecting.

Those of us who are pro-life fight for the inherent dignity within every human life, no matter what the age or stage of human development. Our advocacy does not end in the delivery room. In fact, that is only where it begins.

To be pro-life is to defend the unborn, the widows, the disabled, and the orphans, like organizations serving those with special needs or helping families adopt orphans. To be pro-life is to serve the least of these in communities next door and across oceans, like organizations who serve the homeless or refugees who have fled war zones. To be pro-life is to build institutions that promote the flourishing of all human beings."

What Does It Really Mean to Be Pro-Life? | American Center for Law and Justice

Last edited:

Forum List

Back