Who still thinks Ukraine should be part of NATO?

Originally posted by AZrailwhale
Soviet and Russian corruption made cooperation impossible with the USA despite the American government actively encouraging companies to invest in Russia.

Even before the Soviet Union ceased to exist America and western Europe had already envisioned their plans for Russia.

Economic plan: Russia would be kept out of the european economic bloc and would remain as a source of cheap raw material for western Europe while the rest of eastern Europe would be absorbed by the EU.

Military plan: Eastern Europe would be gradually absorbed by NATO effectively surrounding the western borders of european Russia.

I don't even need to prove anything because the western plan was followed to the letter and corresponds exactly to what we see today even though the military encirclement is not complete.

My personal opinion about the West's plan:

The economic plan for Russia is perfectly OK. I have nothing bad to say about it.

The European Union was an economic bloc created by western European countries and they have total discritionary power to decide about new members. Neither Russia nor any other country in the world has a God given right to be integrated into the unified political and economic structures originally created by western Europe.

The decision to exclude Russia was indeed discriminatory but perfectly legitimate. As long as Russia provided every cubic centimeter of gas sold to Europe and Europe paid every dollar for it everything was fine.

Unfortunately I cannot say the same thing about the US-western European military plan for Russia. The absurd, totally unprovoked decision to militarily surround the western borders of the country represented and still represents an extremely serious threat to Russia's national security.

In 1991, in Italy, when NATO members debated and agreed to expand NATO they unfortunately sealed Ukraine's fate:

but by the 1991 Rome summit in November, members agreed to a series of goals that could lead to accession

Enlargement of NATO - Wikipedia

From that day on, some part of Eastern Europe would inevitably be on the receiving end of russian bombs and rightly so.

Last edited:
Ukraine reminds me of Poland in 1939: An newly independent country which separated a great power from its vital territories. Egged on by the far-removed British, Poland pugnaciously refused any land access between Germany and East Prussia. Germany finally took this matter into its own hands and the British foolishly started another world war.

Does anyone see the parallels between this catastrophe and the Russian invasion of Ukraine? Like the dissolution of Germany after WW1, the breakup of the Soviet Union resulted in the newly independent country of Ukraine, which deprived Russia of its vital naval base in Crimea. As the U.S. started meddling in Ukrainian politics, Ukraine became more and more belligerent towards Russian access to its naval base. When Russia finally retook Crimea, the U.S. response was so weak that Russia decided to retake all of the connecting provinces in East Ukraine.

Just like Britain in 1939, the U.S. had foolishly guaranteed Ukrainian territory and now felt it had to engage in hostile military action in order to save face and economically harm its Russian rival. Is the risk of a nuclear conflagration really worth this proxy war?
Yeah, clearly. Russia is almost like Germany in 1945. They're planning to use the Putlerjungend to defend Russia, which may well happen in the case of a civil war.

Sending draft orders by email or text message can also speed up the events leading up to mass disturbances. I doubt it even has to be to an email address you actually use. You do not need to have opened the email to get drafted.

Turkish Interior Minister Soylu: Turkey has come to the point where anyone who pursues an American-oriented policy will be declared a traitor to the motherland.
It is not Turkey that has come to this point, but the United States has brought the whole world to this point.

Forum List

Back