Who to Believe in Coronavirus War of Words

Sorry. The healthcare demand hasn’t even begun to take shape. We don’t have enough ventilators, Equiptment, staff to meet the pending demand. The death rate will go higher because we’re not prepared for what’s coming. Maybe the malaria drug will save lives, but it’s too early to tell.
If you have been following the press conferences, both the federal government and the states are buying up all the equipment we might need in a worst case scenario, so there is no reason to think we will experiences shortages in the future.

we’re not prepared. I’m not saying that to be political. From the research I’ve done and in paying attention to the facts that’s the conclusion I’ve come to accept. I’m not trying to predict anything and I’m listening to wiser people than myself. Hopefully I have the wrong information and this will all blow over with little to no damage.
We are well prepared to deal with the present situation and with all the billions of dollars that are currently being spent to procure more of everything that might be needed there is every reason to believe we will be prepared for whatever comes tomorrow.

Pretty much everyone believes this will blow over, but the question is when and how much suffering will we have to endure until them.

Yeah, but you have to keep in mind they’ll be an enormous spike in cases. A large chunk of the population is expected to be infected. As much as 50%. We don’t even have demand for even tests now. The burden on HC is going to be unprecedented.

your second paragraph I agree with.
It is likely that many people will be infected by the virus, but very few will require hospital care, so there seems to be nothing but panic motivating these claims that our healthcare system will be overwhelmed.

Well right now we need to do our best to practice social distancing and cleanliness so we can buy the medical community time.

All good questions.
We know this is a novel virus. That means it jumped from animals to humans for presumably the first time. That means there should be no person with the necessary antibodies that would stop the virus outright from reproducing in their body.
We know that not everyone gets horribly ill after becoming infected so there must be other factors involved.

As far as I know, since this is a novel virus and there are no human antibodies, there is nothing to stop this. That's why it spreads so readily. Heard immunity is aquired over time. Usually generations.
Usually what happens is the virus, after reproducing itself a zillion times in people, mutates either into a type that is less easily spread or is able to be managed in a better way. This virus has already mutated at least three times. Once to transmit from animals to human. Once to transmit from human to human and once more in general. Our best hope is that it mutates into a less transmittable form.
People who get infected develop antibodies. One may not even know they are sick, get over it and never get it again but, can be carriers.
No antibodies to prevent infection in the first place, dope.
They don't help when you're dead.

my sister is a healthcare worker and she tells me healthcare workers are being left out to dry. And she specifically emphasized a big fuck you to those that are buying respirator masks on Amazon, in the medical profession there’s a shortage. Remember. You need a healthcare worker to operate a ventilator. And as healthcare workers get sick that adds to the problems meeting demand.
The point is, if there are enough respirator masks for Amazon to sell them, then your sister's employer ought to be able to provide them to its employees.

not necessarily. You don’t know if Amazon can handle the demand. Just because masks are being sold to the private sector that doesn’t they have enough for every hospital worker.
Now, come on

They are sitting on the counter of my Walgreens

Sure. Just not an anti-pathogen,N-95 medical grade mask, dope.

View attachment 313706
That mask will not preclude getting infected from the skin, the hair or the eyes. or anywhere else on the body. One would need a HAZMAT suit for that. However, masks are effective at limiting the spread of airborne particles in one who is infected and coughing, sneezing, etc. They are the ones that should be wearing masks.

WTF does any of that have to do with the counter at Walgreens, dope?

my sister is a healthcare worker and she tells me healthcare workers are being left out to dry. And she specifically emphasized a big fuck you to those that are buying respirator masks on Amazon, in the medical profession there’s a shortage. Remember. You need a healthcare worker to operate a ventilator. And as healthcare workers get sick that adds to the problems meeting demand.
The point is, if there are enough respirator masks for Amazon to sell them, then your sister's employer ought to be able to provide them to its employees.

not necessarily. You don’t know if Amazon can handle the demand. Just because masks are being sold to the private sector that doesn’t they have enough for every hospital worker.
Now, come on

View attachment 313706
Wrong.

Amazon.com: n95 respirator mask

You said walgreens, dope.

All good questions.
We know this is a novel virus. That means it jumped from animals to humans for presumably the first time. That means there should be no person with the necessary antibodies that would stop the virus outright from reproducing in their body.
We know that not everyone gets horribly ill after becoming infected so there must be other factors involved.

As far as I know, since this is a novel virus and there are no human antibodies, there is nothing to stop this. That's why it spreads so readily. Heard immunity is aquired over time. Usually generations.
Usually what happens is the virus, after reproducing itself a zillion times in people, mutates either into a type that is less easily spread or is able to be managed in a better way. This virus has already mutated at least three times. Once to transmit from animals to human. Once to transmit from human to human and once more in general. Our best hope is that it mutates into a less transmittable form.
People who get infected develop antibodies. One may not even know they are sick, get over it and never get it again but, can be carriers.
Of course no anti-bodies exist that would attack the virus once it FIRST enters into the body a new, but the anti-bodies would quickly develope in order to defeat the invader if have a strong immune system. Right ??

All good questions.

Of course no anti-bodies exist that would attack the virus once it FIRST enters into the body a new, but the anti-bodies would quickly develope in order to defeat the invader if have a strong immune system. Right ??

If you survive.

The point was that no one has a natural immunity to a novel virus.

I'm just gonna use an area w small numbers

Henan China

1,273 confirmed cases
22 deaths
1,250 recovered
1 active

There were 2 deaths for every 127 confirmed cases

Now, to put that in perspective, here in Chicago,
as of right now, since Jan. 1 there have been...

457 people shot(confirmed cases)
84 shot and killed(deaths)
373 shot and wounded(recovered)

There were 21 deaths for every 114 people shot

a couple of things:

1) you can’t believe the figures China is claiming

2) China is an authoritarian country that can take drastic measures we wouldn’t consider.

3) one thing China has plenty of is labor. They were able to build hospitals fast and they were better prepared with supplies than we are. We don’t have ventilators, medical equipment to protect healthcare professionals, or enough staff to deal with the pending demand.
I doubt that's true. I haven't heard of anyone who needed a ventilator not being able to be put on one, and respirator masks are being sold on Amazon, so there is no reason for any healthcare workers not to have one. I think people are confusing what we need now with what we might need in a worst case scenario, but both the federal government and the states are working hard to stock up now so I doubt we will face any shortages as we go forward.

So are the employers doing what's right for their employee's or are they letting their bottom lines or don't give a crap attitudes get in their way ???
I don't know. At this point there are only anecdotal reports about shortages of masks.

If you have been following the press conferences, both the federal government and the states are buying up all the equipment we might need in a worst case scenario, so there is no reason to think we will experiences shortages in the future.

we’re not prepared. I’m not saying that to be political. From the research I’ve done and in paying attention to the facts that’s the conclusion I’ve come to accept. I’m not trying to predict anything and I’m listening to wiser people than myself. Hopefully I have the wrong information and this will all blow over with little to no damage.
We are well prepared to deal with the present situation and with all the billions of dollars that are currently being spent to procure more of everything that might be needed there is every reason to believe we will be prepared for whatever comes tomorrow.

Pretty much everyone believes this will blow over, but the question is when and how much suffering will we have to endure until them.

Yeah, but you have to keep in mind they’ll be an enormous spike in cases. A large chunk of the population is expected to be infected. As much as 50%. We don’t even have demand for even tests now. The burden on HC is going to be unprecedented.

It is likely that many people will be infected by the virus, but very few will require hospital care, so there seems to be nothing but panic motivating these claims that our healthcare system will be overwhelmed.

Well right now we need to do our best to practice social distancing and cleanliness so we can buy the medical community time.
Sorry, I disagree

How many people to you think had it and don't even realize it
People who have had it where it ran its course
will have the antibodies created as a result

That would slow the spread

a couple of things:

1) you can’t believe the figures China is claiming

2) China is an authoritarian country that can take drastic measures we wouldn’t consider.

3) one thing China has plenty of is labor. They were able to build hospitals fast and they were better prepared with supplies than we are. We don’t have ventilators, medical equipment to protect healthcare professionals, or enough staff to deal with the pending demand.
I doubt that's true. I haven't heard of anyone who needed a ventilator not being able to be put on one, and respirator masks are being sold on Amazon, so there is no reason for any healthcare workers not to have one. I think people are confusing what we need now with what we might need in a worst case scenario, but both the federal government and the states are working hard to stock up now so I doubt we will face any shortages as we go forward.

So are the employers doing what's right for their employee's or are they letting their bottom lines or don't give a crap attitudes get in their way ???
I don't know. At this point there are only anecdotal reports about shortages of masks.

Yes. From administrators of health systems.:cuckoo:

Now, come on

View attachment 313706
Wrong.

YOU'RE THE DOPE
THAT POSTER SAID NOTHING ABOUT WALGREENS
THAT WAS MY POST

SHOO, GO AWAY

Now, come on

View attachment 313706
Wrong.

You have me confused with another poster.

Now, come on

View attachment 313706
Wrong.

You have me confused with another poster.

Dopey either way.
Obviously neither can supply the need for hundreds of millions of masks.

There are way too many conflicting reports. Trump is right to have Pence as the go to guy for Coronavirus updates. All others should stay in the shadows since they are only making things more confusing.

---As many as 70,000 Americans could be confirmed as infected with coronavirus by the end of next week, marking a “pretty dramatic” increase in the number of confirmed cases, the director of the National Institutes of Health, Dr. Francis Collins, told his employees in an agency-wide conference call on Friday.---

This prediction would indeed be a dramatic increase and is therefore hard to believe.

NIH director: 70K coronavirus cases could be confirmed in US by end of next week

Trump and Pence are LYING to us. Doctors and nurses across the nation are scared.

There are way too many conflicting reports. Trump is right to have Pence as the go to guy for Coronavirus updates. All others should stay in the shadows since they are only making things more confusing.

---As many as 70,000 Americans could be confirmed as infected with coronavirus by the end of next week, marking a “pretty dramatic” increase in the number of confirmed cases, the director of the National Institutes of Health, Dr. Francis Collins, told his employees in an agency-wide conference call on Friday.---

This prediction would indeed be a dramatic increase and is therefore hard to believe.

NIH director: 70K coronavirus cases could be confirmed in US by end of next week

Trump and Pence are LYING to us. Doctors and nurses across the nation are scared.

As I’ve said in this thread. My sister is a doctor and I’m friends with a few of her colleagues. Everyone that I’m speaking with is scared shitless.

Sorry, I disagree

If not for these anti-bodies, a person would die. Now if we were able to draw blood samples afterwards, would this help us in anyway in order to figure out a blocker or a vaccine maybe ??

As I’ve said in this thread. My sister is a doctor and I’m friends with a few of her colleagues. Everyone that I’m speaking with is scared shitless.
At least they have appropriate safety gear that will help them to not contact the thing right ????? It's not as agressive as Ebola was thank God. It's way less than that one, although it's still super serious.

The poor service worker who has no protection against an onslaught of citizen's (that no one knows anything about), is the one who should be shaking in his or her boots or shoes right now.

Sorry, I disagree

If not for these anti-bodies, a person would die. Now if we were able to draw blood samples afterwards, would this help us in anyway in order to figure out a blocker or a vaccine maybe ??
In the US there is already one vaccine in stage one FDA tests, and more will follow. I know of two more in Israel and one in Germany. If the President fact tracks FDA approval, we might have a vaccine by late summer or fall. There are also several anti viral drugs that show promise for treating covid19. One has been approved in the US and several have been approved in Israel and China is touting an anti viral it claims has radically reduced mortality and shortened the duration of the illness.

At least they have appropriate safety gear that will help them to not contact the thing right ????? It's not as agressive as Ebola was thank God. It's way less than that one, although it's still super serious.

The poor service worker who has no protection against an onslaught of citizen's (that no one knows anything about), is the one who should be shaking in his or her boots or shoes right now.

I can only hope. My sister has a compromised immune system.

Forum List

Back