Who to Believe in Coronavirus War of Words

If you have been following the press conferences, both the federal government and the states are buying up all the equipment we might need in a worst case scenario, so there is no reason to think we will experiences shortages in the future.

we’re not prepared. I’m not saying that to be political. From the research I’ve done and in paying attention to the facts that’s the conclusion I’ve come to accept. I’m not trying to predict anything and I’m listening to wiser people than myself. Hopefully I have the wrong information and this will all blow over with little to no damage.
We are well prepared to deal with the present situation and with all the billions of dollars that are currently being spent to procure more of everything that might be needed there is every reason to believe we will be prepared for whatever comes tomorrow.

Pretty much everyone believes this will blow over, but the question is when and how much suffering will we have to endure until them.

Yeah, but you have to keep in mind they’ll be an enormous spike in cases. A large chunk of the population is expected to be infected. As much as 50%. We don’t even have demand for even tests now. The burden on HC is going to be unprecedented.

your second paragraph I agree with.
It is likely that many people will be infected by the virus, but very few will require hospital care, so there seems to be nothing but panic motivating these claims that our healthcare system will be overwhelmed.

Well right now we need to do our best to practice social distancing and cleanliness so we can buy the medical community time.

New blood tests for antibodies could show true scale of coronavirus pandemic

Dr Fauci is a beacon of reason...while Trump is unhinged!

we need a strong american response to the disorder the Chinese virus has caused.

everything and i mean EEEEEEVERYTHING should be on the table

Notice that she is saying that if we have the same situation as Italy it will be a nightmare, but the US has already been dealing with the virus for a month longer than Italy has and we are doing, much, much better that they have. Perhaps she never was an alarmist before, but she clearly is now.

maybe

Notice that she is saying that if we have the same situation as Italy it will be a nightmare, but the US has already been dealing with the virus for a month longer than Italy has and we are doing, much, much better that they have. Perhaps she never was an alarmist before, but she clearly is now.

maybe
I simply don't agree with that. If you are an older person with health issues who lives on a high floor in an apartment building, should you wear a face mask in the elevator? Maybe you shouldn't, but I know I should.

maybe
I simply don't agree with that. If you are an older person with health issues who lives on a high floor in an apartment building, should you wear a face mask in the elevator? Maybe you shouldn't, but I know I should.

my only point is there’s not an abundance of masks that healthcare workers have at their disposal

So is my sister, whom I spoke with today
and she said nothing of the kind

She said they had 1 confirmed case, in ICU
and waiting on test results for 7 others

where are they keeping the 7 others?
I didn't ask, she didn't say, I'd assume an isolated area

Not sure how big of a hospital it is, but most of them have limited isolation areas and they should be kept in a negative pressure area, which are even more rare.

Yeah, but you have to keep in mind they’ll be an enormous spike in cases. A large chunk of the population is expected to be infected. As much as 50%. We don’t even have demand for even tests now. The burden on HC is going to be unprecedented.

It is likely that many people will be infected by the virus, but very few will require hospital care, so there seems to be nothing but panic motivating these claims that our healthcare system will be overwhelmed.

Well right now we need to do our best to practice social distancing and cleanliness so we can buy the medical community time.
Sorry, I disagree

How many people to you think had it and don't even realize it
People who have had it where it ran its course
will have the antibodies created as a result

That would slow the spread
If not for these anti-bodies, a person would die. Now if we were able to draw blood samples afterwards, would this help us in anyway in order to figure out a blocker or a vaccine maybe ??
In the US there is already one vaccine in stage one FDA tests, and more will follow. I know of two more in Israel and one in Germany. If the President fact tracks FDA approval, we might have a vaccine by late summer or fall. There are also several anti viral drugs that show promise for treating covid19. One has been approved in the US and several have been approved in Israel and China is touting an anti viral it claims has radically reduced mortality and shortened the duration of the illness.

Nothing good ever comes from the FDA fast tracking drugs or vaccines.

At least they have appropriate safety gear that will help them to not contact the thing right ????? It's not as agressive as Ebola was thank God. It's way less than that one, although it's still super serious.

If they are lucky the have the appropriate safety gear. My wife had two in isolation waiting for results and one of them coded and needed a rapid response and the member from respiratory would not go in the area because there was not a proper mask for her.

We are well prepared to deal with the present situation and with all the billions of dollars that are currently being spent to procure more of everything that might be needed there is every reason to believe we will be prepared for whatever comes tomorrow.

Pretty much everyone believes this will blow over, but the question is when and how much suffering will we have to endure until them.

Sorry, I disagree

If not for these anti-bodies, a person would die. Now if we were able to draw blood samples afterwards, would this help us in anyway in order to figure out a blocker or a vaccine maybe ??
NO, the anti bodies were created by your body
to fight off a foreign evader because you were 'infected'

Social distancing, lock downs for a variant influenza
is preventing what our bodies are doing right this second
and have been since the moment we were born...

People are too distracted and that is what worries me
Look here, why are countries going into lockdown mode
Because China set the precedent

Hey, no new cases, they did something right
They contained the virus

People, nobody was cured...a virus ran its course
China didn't contain the virus...they unleashed it
and that's why it's everywhere

Think...if the source of the virus has not been identified
then what makes you think you can prevent infection
through isolation

I know I am not being cohesive but I have SO MUCH
to pull from it is absurd

Explainer: Coronavirus reappears in discharged patients, raising questions in containment fight

A growing number of discharged coronavirus patients in China and elsewhere are testing positive after recovering, sometimes weeks after being allowed to leave the hospital, which could make the epidemic harder to eradicate.

An official at China’s National Health Commission said on Friday that such patients have not been found to be infectious.

Experts say there are several ways discharged patients could fall ill with the virus again. Convalescing patients might not build up enough antibodies to develop immunity to SARS-CoV-2, and are being infected again. The virus also could be “biphasic”, meaning it lies dormant before creating new symptoms.

But some of the first cases of “reinfection” in China have been attributed to testing discrepancies.

On Feb. 21, a discharged patient in the southwestern Chinese city of Chengdu was readmitted 10 days after being discharged when a follow-up test came back positive.

Lei Xuezhong, the deputy director of the infectious diseases center at the West China Hospital, told People’s Daily that hospitals were testing nose and throat samples when deciding whether patients should be discharged, but new tests were finding the virus in the lower respiratory tract.

Paul Hunter, a professor of medicine at Britain’s University of East Anglia who has been closely following the outbreak, told Reuters that although the patient in Osaka could have relapsed, it is also possible that the virus was still being released into her system from the initial infection, and she wasn’t tested properly before she was discharged.

The woman first tested positive in late January and was discharged from the hospital on Feb. 1, leading some experts to speculate that it was biphasic, like anthrax.

A Journal of the American Medical Association study of four infected medical personnel treated in Wuhan, the epicenter of the epidemic, said it was likely that some recovered patients would remain carriers even after meeting discharge criteria.

In China, for instance, patients must test negative, show no symptoms and have no abnormalities on X-rays before they are discharged.

Song Tie, vice director of the local disease control center in southern China’s Guangdong province, told a media briefing on Wednesday that as many as 14% of discharged patients in the province have tested positive again and had returned to hospitals for observation.

He said one good sign is that none of those patients appear to have infected anyone else.

“From this understanding ... after someone has been infected by this kind of virus, he will produce antibodies, and after these antibodies are produced, he won’t be contagious,” he said.

Now, that is what I snipped from the entire article

So many inconsistencies with previous releases and info
coming out of China makes it difficult to pull it together
If anyone wants me to elaborate paragraph by paragraph, I will
Otherwise, I am fucking drained

While everyone is so concerned about a virus
I am concerned about an attack on our country
other then the one that has already happened

Yes, blood samples with antibodies that developed
would be an enormous help

maybe

my only point is there’s not an abundance of masks that healthcare workers have at their disposal
I see these articles about the shortage of masks for healthcare workers like the one you posted, but what I don't see are the number of workers who don't have masks at any particular institution. The federal government has ordered millions of them and the states are also buying huge quantities of them and I can buy them on Amazon, so it is hard for me to believe there is a shortage of masks or will be in the future.

Sorry, I disagree

In the US there is already one vaccine in stage one FDA tests, and more will follow. I know of two more in Israel and one in Germany. If the President fact tracks FDA approval, we might have a vaccine by late summer or fall. There are also several anti viral drugs that show promise for treating covid19. One has been approved in the US and several have been approved in Israel and China is touting an anti viral it claims has radically reduced mortality and shortened the duration of the illness.

Unless it makes it possible to have an effective vaccine sooner.

There are way too many conflicting reports. Trump is right to have Pence as the go to guy for Coronavirus updates. All others should stay in the shadows since they are only making things more confusing.

---As many as 70,000 Americans could be confirmed as infected with coronavirus by the end of next week, marking a “pretty dramatic” increase in the number of confirmed cases, the director of the National Institutes of Health, Dr. Francis Collins, told his employees in an agency-wide conference call on Friday.---

This prediction would indeed be a dramatic increase and is therefore hard to believe.

NIH director: 70K coronavirus cases could be confirmed in US by end of next week

Trump and Pence are LYING to us. Doctors and nurses across the nation are scared.
Go fuck yourself

My sister is an OR nurse and she is concerned about....
PEOPLE ACTING CRAZY...OVER REACTING

Sorry, I disagree

Miraculous

Sorry, I disagree

Like 2008...let's fuck future generations so we don't have to
deal with the consequences now

So, what then when it mutates again

All good questions.
We know this is a novel virus. That means it jumped from animals to humans for presumably the first time. That means there should be no person with the necessary antibodies that would stop the virus outright from reproducing in their body.
We know that not everyone gets horribly ill after becoming infected so there must be other factors involved.

As far as I know, since this is a novel virus and there are no human antibodies, there is nothing to stop this. That's why it spreads so readily. Heard immunity is aquired over time. Usually generations.
Usually what happens is the virus, after reproducing itself a zillion times in people, mutates either into a type that is less easily spread or is able to be managed in a better way. This virus has already mutated at least three times. Once to transmit from animals to human. Once to transmit from human to human and once more in general. Our best hope is that it mutates into a less transmittable form.
People who get infected develop antibodies. One may not even know they are sick, get over it and never get it again but, can be carriers.
No antibodies to prevent infection in the first place, dope.
They don't help when you're dead.
THE ONLY DOPE HERE IS YOU

ANTIBODIES ARE NATURALLY PRODUCED BY CELLS
TO FIGHT FOREIGN PATHOGENS INVADING YOUR SYSTEM
ONCE THEY ARE PRODUCED THEY AID IN PREVENTING
REINFECTION FROM THE SAME PATHOGENS

Sorry, I disagree

Like 2008...let's fuck future generations so we don't have to
deal with the consequences now

So, what then when it mutates again
Once we have effective vaccines, I guess we'll treat it like the flu and modify the vaccine each time a new strain is detected and with all the work it has inspired to develop new anti virals, future outbreaks should be more moderate.

All good questions.
We know this is a novel virus. That means it jumped from animals to humans for presumably the first time. That means there should be no person with the necessary antibodies that would stop the virus outright from reproducing in their body.
We know that not everyone gets horribly ill after becoming infected so there must be other factors involved.

As far as I know, since this is a novel virus and there are no human antibodies, there is nothing to stop this. That's why it spreads so readily. Heard immunity is aquired over time. Usually generations.
Usually what happens is the virus, after reproducing itself a zillion times in people, mutates either into a type that is less easily spread or is able to be managed in a better way. This virus has already mutated at least three times. Once to transmit from animals to human. Once to transmit from human to human and once more in general. Our best hope is that it mutates into a less transmittable form.
People who get infected develop antibodies. One may not even know they are sick, get over it and never get it again but, can be carriers.
Of course no anti-bodies exist that would attack the virus once it FIRST enters into the body a new, but the anti-bodies would quickly develope in order to defeat the invader if have a strong immune system. Right ??
Yes

All good questions.

Of course no anti-bodies exist that would attack the virus once it FIRST enters into the body a new, but the anti-bodies would quickly develope in order to defeat the invader if have a strong immune system. Right ??

If you survive.

The point was that no one has a natural immunity to a novel virus.
OMG.. THEN THERE SHOULDNT BE HUMANS ALIVE PERIOD
TALK ABOUT DOING YOUR HOMEWORK...POS

Forum List

Back