Who will be better at getting America out of debt, Trump or Hillary?

I think Trump has a better idea of how to spend money. Clinton never ran a hotdog stand in her life outside of her marriage.

Both are talking about spending, but a Republican Congress would stop both of them. However I think a Republican President will have an easier time working with Congress than Hillary.

We can't even discuss getting out of debt until we at least have a balanced budget. That will never happen with Hillary, it may happen with Trump.
Didn't Bill Clinton have a balanced budget? Maybe he could show her how he done it.

It's called Economic Growth. That's what one gets with lower taxes and less regulation.

LOL!!!!

Lower taxes create a healthy bank accounts for the rich.

Less regulation creates poison food and economic crashes.

Trump derived his original fortune because his Dad gave it to him.

The rest he derived from overextending and bankruptcy.

Hillary wants to raise the minimum wage to make a healthy middle class which will make a healthy economy.

Until you boneheads stop voting for Republicans, it WILL GET WORSE.

Right, we would have a great economy if we raised the wages for 3% of our entire workforce. Yeah, that will save the world.

Trump had a good start and made it much greater with his work and investments. Trust me, not everybody can handle money. We lost several customers because the owner died and left the company to one of their children and they ran it into the ground, or otherwise became too old and sold the business to their kids who eventually ended up closing the business.

I have a personal story of a person who won the lottery. She danced out of the company she worked for singing how she'll never have to work another day in her life. She was back at that company less than two years later begging for her job back. In fact, there are books written how lottery money destroyed people's lives.

I bet you're one of those people that think when you increase costs on a business, the business owner just digs deeper into his own wallet and forks out the money. When you increase costs to a business, they pass that cost down to their customers or they consider investments in automation.

Raising minimum wage increases wages for all.

Automation will not increase until technology increases. That isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Raising minimum wage increases wages for all.

Automation will not increase until technology increases. That isn't going to happen anytime soon.

So wrong as usual. Automation is a larger job killer in America than outsourcing. And automation has been going on for decades. This isn't something new, it's just that as wages increase and automation becomes more affordable, it's a more attractive option.

One of the benefits of automation is that machines don't fall under Obama care. Under Commie Care, the only industries directly effected are those with 50 or more full-time employees. Keep your staff under 50, and you don't have to worry about healthcare coverage of government fines. If a business is growing and wants to keep under 50 employees, it makes more economical sense to invest in machinery that will eliminate 10 or more jobs.

I think Trump has a better idea of how to spend money. Clinton never ran a hotdog stand in her life outside of her marriage.

Both are talking about spending, but a Republican Congress would stop both of them. However I think a Republican President will have an easier time working with Congress than Hillary.

We can't even discuss getting out of debt until we at least have a balanced budget. That will never happen with Hillary, it may happen with Trump.

Trump derived his original fortune because his Dad gave it to him.

The rest he derived from overextending and bankruptcy.

Hillary wants to raise the minimum wage to make a healthy middle class which will make a healthy economy.

Until you boneheads stop voting for Republicans, it WILL GET WORSE.
Care to explain how raising the min wage helps the middle class? Middle class people aren't minimum wage earners. Any additional costs hiring low skilled workers will only put pressure on those in the middle.

Increase in spendable income.

If you increase minimum wage, all workers wages get bumped up.

Unless you are a degree holder/licensed/certificate worker, you are low skilled. That's about 90% of all workers.
Sorry I don't buy that when min wage gets bumped up all workers get bumped up. I own a business and when the labor costs of one segment of my workforce go up that does not magically give me more money to spend on the rest. Quite the opposite in fact, raise costs in one area something else has to be cut. It's that simple.

Something other than proven-bullshit rightwing digest?

Owners of the restaurants came out and publicly stated that the closings had right about nothing to do with minimum wage.

Restaurant business in Seattle is alive and quite well.

Last edited:
State controlled business by civil servants , price controls and equality of outcomes for all commie bastards !!!!

The government makes all business possible, so the team of government and private isn't going away.
Team of govt and private? I literally choked on my apple cider on that one. The only businesses that consider the govt an "ally' are those making money from the govt. After more than 25 years in business I consider the govt the enemy.

People already in trouble and those that can't run a business close their doors.

How are the businesses doing that are still open?

Right. Businesses that were already in trouble who may have otherwise found a way to save their business until they got hit with a government bill increasing their employee costs.

You people on the left simply have no understanding how business works. When you increase wages to an employee by one dollar an hour, it costs the company much more than one dollar to accommodate it.

If you are forced to pay your full-time employees $40.00 extra dollars a week, your unemployment insurance goes up, your workman's compensation insurance goes up. Your matching of SS and Medicare contributions by the employee goes up. Your cost to provide that employee with paid vacation (sick time and personal days) goes up. Everything goes up, so it costs an employer much more than $40.00 a week.

So you run a business with 20 employees. Now the government comes along and forces you to overpay them by an extra $4.00 per hour. How can a business survive such an enormous expense when everything is figured in? In just wages alone, that's over 12K a month plus all the other things I listed. If with everything included, the cost exceeds 25K per month, how can you afford to stay in business?

People already in trouble and those that can't run a business close their doors.

How are the businesses doing that are still open?

Right. Businesses that were already in trouble who may have otherwise found a way to save their business until they got hit with a government bill increasing their employee costs.

You people on the left simply have no understanding how business works. When you increase wages to an employee by one dollar an hour, it costs the company much more than one dollar to accommodate it.

If you are forced to pay your full-time employees $40.00 extra dollars a week, your unemployment insurance goes up, your workman's compensation insurance goes up. Your matching of SS and Medicare contributions by the employee goes up. Your cost to provide that employee with paid vacation (sick time and personal days) goes up. Everything goes up, so it costs an employer much more than $40.00 a week.

So you run a business with 20 employees. Now the government comes along and forces you to overpay them by an extra $4.00 per hour. How can a business survive such an enormous expense when everything is figured in? In just wages alone, that's over 12K a month plus all the other things I listed. If with everything included, the cost exceeds 25K per month, how can you afford to stay in business?
I've had this very discussion so many times with people on the left that it's mind numbing. I believe it all comes down to the idea that people on the left see all business people as evil and it makes them feel good to stick it to evil people. Of course they don't realize that the vast majority of business people are middle class and anything that hurts us hurts our employees, the very people they think they're helping. Unfortunately they will never understand this, it doesn't make them feel good.

Who will be better at getting America out of debt, Trump or Hillary?
Independent analysis of their plans indicate neither one of them would get us out of debt. Clinton would get us more into debt, but Trump would get us several more trillions into debt than Clinton would. In fact, Trump would add as much to the debt as Obama has, if not more.

This, more than anything else, is what tells you Trump is a liberal pretending to be a conservative.

The very first thing a real conservative would have done is put a balanced budget plan on the table.
agreed

Forum List

Back