🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Are Dems Scared Of Fox News?

yes... BIG H, little c Alan colmes sure is a proverbial city of gold of liberalism at fox...

as opposed to Joe Scarborough and Tucker Carlson who both don't have to share their shows with some right wing neanderthal...

yes...

has it ever occured to you that specifically selling fox as "fair and balanced" is a little like a used car salesman selling a lemon by insisting that it was previously owned by a little old lady who only drove to church once a week?

Well thats two conservatives at MSNBC

Any at CNN?

At Fox News we have Juan Williams, Mary Ann Marsh, Mort Kondracke, Wesley Clark, Martin Frost, Bob Beckel, Bob Shrum, Eleanor Clift, Laura Swartz, Nina Eason, Ellis Heinnigan, Jane Fleming (Young Dems of America), David Corn, and Alan Colmes

There are others but I can't put the names with the faces

Fox is fair and balanced because they tell you they are fair and balanced.

That is all the proof available, and thats all the proof RSR needs.

For a long time the liberal media could shape and slant the news any way they wanted

Now they have to deal with Fox News, talk radio, and the internet

Any at CNN?

At Fox News we have Juan Williams, Mary Ann Marsh, Mort Kondracke, Wesley Clark, Martin Frost, Bob Beckel, Bob Shrum, Eleanor Clift, Laura Swartz, Nina Eason, Ellis Heinnigan, Jane Fleming (Young Dems of America), David Corn, and Alan Colmes

Now name all the Conservative representatives, I bet the list is double.

During January and February 2006, the number of Republican/conservative guests on Hannity & Colmes dwarfed the number of Democratic/progressive guests.

Excluding neutral guests, Republican/conservative guests in January outnumbered Democratic/progressive guests by a difference of 72 percent to 28 percent. In

February, Republican/conservative guests continued to dominate Democratic/progressive guests by a difference of 67 percent to 33 percent.

The numbers for elected and administration officials were no different:

The right outnumbered the left by a ratio of nearly 3-to-1.

Republicans represented 73 percent of all elected and administration officials, while Democrats represented only 27 percent.

Overall, Republican guests represented 64 percent of those who were identified with a political party, while Democrats represented only 36 percent.

Hannity & Colmes' journalist and pundit guests were also more likely to be from the right than from the left.

In fact, there were nearly three conservative journalists/pundits for every progressive journalist/pundit.

Conservatives comprised 42 percent of all journalist/pundit guests. The number of neutral journalists/pundits matched the number of conservative journalists/pundits, while progressives made up only 15 percent of all journalists/pundits.

The category evincing the most extreme imbalance was the solo interview.

Excluding neutrals, Republican/conservative guests comprised 80 percent of all solo interviews, while Democratic/progressive guests comprised only 20 percent.

Additionally, not one Democrat or progressive was granted more than one solo interview.

In contrast, seven Republican and conservative guests were granted multiple solo interviews.

For example, David Horowitz, author of the recently released The Professors: The 101 Most Dangerous Academics in America (Regnery, 2006), was a solo guest on Hannity & Colmes five nights in a row (February 13-17).

http://mediamatters.org/items/200603300010

This was just Hannity and Colmes.

Unfair and Imbalanced.

Media matters? Objective as much as The Nation

In the roundtables and debates they have an equal number of libs and conservatives

Unlike the other talk shows where libs outnumber conservatives three to one - if they have one conservative at all

FAIR’s current study looked at 25 weeks of Special Report ’s one-on-one interview segments (6/30/03–12/19/03), finding 101 guests. FAIR classified each guest by political ideology, party affiliation (where applicable), gender and ethnicity. When FAIR first studied Special Report in 2001, the dominance of conservative guests was so overwhelming (71 percent of all guests) that we used just two ideological categories, “conservative” and “non-conservative.” The latter included guests with no discernible political ideology.

When FAIR’s second study in 2002 found conservative guests had dropped to less than half of the total, we added a “left of center” category for comparison purposes. Though the “left of center” category was more broadly defined than the “conservative” category— since many right-of-center guests were not counted as conservatives—conservatives still outnumbered those on the left, 14 to one.

Fifty-seven percent of Special Report ’s one-on-one guests during the period studied were ideological conservatives, 12 percent were centrists and 11 percent were progressives.

Twenty percent of guests were non-ideological. Among ideological guests, conservatives accounted for 72 percent, while centrists made up 15 percent and progressives 14 percent. (The total exceeds 100 percent due to rounding.) Viewers were roughly five times more likely to see a conservative interviewed on Special Report than a progressive.

The five-to-one conservative-to-progressive imbalance is actually a marked improvement from FAIR’s 2002 study, which found that “left-of-center” guests—three percent of the total—were outnumbered 14 to one. In the 2002 study, however, conservative dominance was less marked, at 48 percent of total guests.

Special Report ’s guestlist shows a similarly heavy slant toward Republicans. Forty-two guests were current or former Democratic or Republican officials, candidates, political appointees or advisers. Guests who had past affiliations with both Republicans and Democrats were counted as nonpartisan; for example, Dennis Ross—having served under presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton—was classified as non-partisan.

Of the 42 partisan guests, 35 were Republicans and only seven were Democrats—a five-to-one imbalance. Furthermore, of the handful of Democrats that did appear, the majority were centrist or conservative, and frequently expressed views more typical of Republican guests. For example, centrist Rep. Jim Marshall (10/23/03) argued that the media weren’t covering the “good news” in Iraq, while Sen. Zell Miller (11/4/03) talked about his dissatisfaction with the Democratic party and his fondness for George Bush. Thirty-four of the 35 Republicans who appeared were conservatives; only one, Noah Feldman, was classified as a centrist.

The five-to-one partisan imbalance represents a greater slant than FAIR’s 2002 study, which found Republicans outnumbering Democrats by three to two, though it is still better than FAIR’s 2001 study, which found Special Report ’s guest list favoring Republicans by more than eight to one (50 vs. 6). After the 2001 study, the show’s anchor, Fox managing editor Brit Hume, told the New York Times (7/2/01) that, though he had yet to read the findings, “if it is a reasonable question, and we find that there is some imbalance, then we’ll correct it.”

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1187

I know you are going to ignore this and say that it all comes from "Right Wing" media.

Media matters? Objective as much as The Nation

In the roundtables and debates they have an equal number of libs and conservatives

Unlike the other talk shows where libs outnumber conservatives three to one - if they have one conservative at all

Theyre counting the guests and these are the findings,

and as usual, this is what you are disputing.

Tell me im a 'smelly lib' and i found 'stinky lib surveys', c'mon i want to hear it, talk dirty labels to me....

One on one guests is different from discussions and roundtables

Look at the Sunday talk shows or CNN

See how many conservatives they have in their discussions - if they have any at all

They are usually outnumbered and talked over by the libs

One on one guests is different from discussions and roundtables

Look at the Sunday talk shows or CNN

See how many conservatives they have in their discussions - if they have any at all

They are usually outnumbered and talked over by the libs

Dont change the subject, this is FOX NEWS were talking about here,

Your "Fair and Balanced" looks a little "Unfair and Imbalanced"

Dont change the subject, this is FOX NEWS were talking about here,

Your "Fair and Balanced" looks a little "Unfair and Imbalanced"

I am not changng the subject

Like MM you are trying to change the subject

In their discussiona nd debates Fox usually has an equal number of libs and conservatives and they do not slant the news as the liberal media

Still waiting for ALL the conservatives on CNN and MSNBC

Still waiting for ALL the conservatives on CNN and MSNBC

What?, No, thats not how it works,

Why should i do your work for you?

I gave evidence in regards to my point that Fox News is conservatively biased.

Now its your turn to go and find all the information, with bars and charts and percentages regarding so called liberal guests on other networks proving what you stated.

Why on earth would I go and find information backing up your side of a debate.

thats your job.

go now.

What?, No, thats not how it works,

Why should i do your work for you?

I gave evidence in regards to my point that Fox News is conservatively biased.

Now its your turn to go and find all the information, with bars and charts and percentages regarding so called liberal guests on other networks proving what you stated.

Why on earth would I go and find information backing up your side of a debate.

thats your job.

go now.

It would not take you long to list the conservatives on CNN and MSNBC - there are so few of them

Fox is biased to any lib when they do not slant the news they way they want

So far there are two on the list - that is all MM could name

Until he was forced to increase the number by including Republicans that appeared in news stories and one one interviews

The point is - CNN and MSNBC do not include many conservatives in their debates and roundtables

Which is the point of this thread - Fox presents both sides and has many libs on to voice thier opinion

So far there are two on the list - that is all MM could name

Until he was forced to increase the number by including Republicans that appeared in news stories and one one interviews

The point is - CNN and MSNBC do not include many conservatives in their debates and roundtables

Which is the point of this thread - Fox presents both sides and has many libs on to voice thier opinion

and why are one on one interviews not important? conservatives given a chance to have pretty much the whole stage... that is powerful... why do you minimize them?

do you think that all those conservatives are not free to voice their own opinions in one on one interviews? whose opinions DO they voice?

and why are one on one interviews not important? conservatives given a chance to have pretty much the whole stage... that is powerful... why do you minimize them?

Libs try to do anything in a feeble attempt to try and prove CNN and MSNBC are not biased to the left

do you think that all those conservatives are not free to voice their own opinions in one on one interviews? whose opinions DO they voice?

you see.... this post contained two questions. could you try to answer those two questions?

Any at CNN?

HAHAHA!

yea.. juan "let me kiss bill oreillys ass" williams, BOB SCHRUM is on msnbc too, as is Laura Swartz and the majoirty of your list, dude...

lets not talk merely about the occasional GUEST since bernie goldberg and the like has been on msnbc too...

lets talk about the channels PROGRAMMING..

so, besides the lowercase meanderings of alan colmes on sean hannitys show... who else represents liberals like TUCKER and JOE represent conservatives on MSNBC?

come on, dude.. this is your chance to SHINE!

Forum List

Back