Why are people against legalizing marijuana?

What is their rationale? We have alcohol and nobody believes that should be illegal. If one is for freedom and liberty one is supportive of legalization.
You are right. If one is allowed a free pass, a free pass for everything else will then be in demand, so why should any of them get a free pass if they all can't have one? In other words, I say out law every last inch of the crap.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I would go the other way. Legalize it all and treat addiction as a health issue. Control the source and eliminate all the crap that street drugs are adulterated with.

I say legalize it all, charge for it, it will create jobs and $. Win win win.

It will create jobs in printing tax stamps and collecting taxes, as well as in policing the untaxed Grass and getting that off the streets.

I don't see any net money from taxes or industry on this. I guess legalizing the whacky tobacky will increase its popularity among the hoi polloi. But the money people spend on the grass won't be spent on other discretionary items
Doritos sales should go up.

What is their rationale? We have alcohol and nobody believes that should be illegal. If one is for freedom and liberty one is supportive of legalization.

Legalize drugs tax and regulate them, use the tax dollars to rehabilitate the addicts.
Oh bullshit. Then the “poor” will expect to be subsidized for equality and drug justice!

How about providing the people with Free Grass? Instead of using marijuana to just enrich the already wealthy billionaires even more?
Anyone with a flower pot can grow their own.

You are right. If one is allowed a free pass, a free pass for everything else will then be in demand, so why should any of them get a free pass if they all can't have one? In other words, I say out law every last inch of the crap.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I would go the other way. Legalize it all and treat addiction as a health issue. Control the source and eliminate all the crap that street drugs are adulterated with.
If the source were to be eliminated, all of the crap that goes with the source would then be gone too.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Fault lies with the individual, not with the particular substance
Guess I gotta agree with that. I dont use or abuse either, so only those why whine incessantly about their "right" to go thru life stoned are a threat to those who dont.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
If the source were to be eliminated, all of the crap that goes with the source would then be gone too.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Pie in the sky fantasy.
Again, controlling human behavior requires destruction of the individual.
Even in totalitarian regimes with a chance of death demand cannot be stopped. The black market, humanity's form of a true free market fills the demand gap regardless of political system.

A law enforcement approach will never work. 40 years of a failed drug war, time to try something new.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Thing is, marijuana is a plant that can and does grow anywhere and everywhere. You can no more eliminate it than you can dandelions.

God bless you too.

Fault lies with the individual, not with the particular substance
Guess I gotta agree with that. I dont use or abuse either, so only those why whine incessantly about their "right" to go thru life stoned are a threat to those who dont.
Who am I a threat to? You think everyone walks around stoned every minute of their life? That's like assuming every drinker is a full blown alcoholic.
Just a middle class dude in my 50's who hangs with like minded folks enjoying a few drinks and maybe a couple tokes by the bonfire. Big fucking deal.
There are more of us among you than you will ever realize. Just not wide open about it due to the ridiculous legislation written by folks who thought that Reefer Madness was an accurate documentary. Many of us even voted for Trump. How bout them apples?

I would argue the drunks at the local trailer park where the Sheriff is always called to are the real threat.

You almost gotta laugh that it is against federal, state and local law to even possess a "still" and manufacture alcohol even for your own consumption. Pot heads can get hold of a couple of seeds, grow a plant and smoke the weed until their brains run out their ears but that's not what they want. They want to be able to sell the gateway drug to your kids and not have to look over their shoulders. At a point in history when cigarette smoking is restricted to the point that you could get arrested for smoking in some public parks, the hypocrite left wants to legalize marijuana smoking. Another laugh is that the pot heads in the 21st century even make the ludicrous claim that smoking the junk is "good for you" like tobacco manufactures did around the turn of the 20th century.

Bingo. The church ladies failed with alcohol, so they went right for marijuana. Gotta stop all this fun people are having.

That's just not true.

Marijuana was not a criminal offense until nixon.

There were countless hippies protesting outside the White House during his presidency. Mostly against the Vietnam war.

There was nothing legally that nixon could do to get them off the White House grounds. He noticed many of them were smoking marijuana. He had it reclassified a schedule 1 drug and a felony. So he could then have them arrested and removed from the White House grounds.

So if you want to be angry with someone, be angry with nixon. He's the guy who is responsible for marijuana being a crime.

It was a crime in 1937 under FDR.

On This Date: FDR Made Marijuana Illegal 81 Years Ago

If you read my post you would see I said he made it class one felony.

Before that it was just a misdemeanor.

Yes it was illegal before nixon but it was just a parking ticket offence. nixon couldn't have the protesters removed from the White House grounds for a misdemeanor.

Plus under the 1937 law it was still legal for some medical purposes. It wasn't a felony that resulted in anyone put in prison. It was a misdemeanor which resulted in a fine.

It wasn't until nixon that marijuana became the federal felony crime it is today.

The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana

View attachment 304101

Your post is wrong. People went to prison for possession on marijuana, up to 5 years for first offense. It was also a felony.

Samuel R. Caldwell - Wikipedia
His Name Was Samuel R. Caldwell{"issue_id":37197,"view":"articleBrowser","publication_id":"11569","article_id":"383063"}

Also in the 1950’s they had mandatory sentencing laws for marijuana possession.

Marijuana Timeline | Busted - America's War On Marijuana | FRONTLINE | PBS

Stricter Sentencing Laws

Enactment of federal laws (Boggs Act, 1952; Narcotics Control Act, 1956) which set mandatory sentences for drug-related offenses, including marijuana.

A first-offense marijuana possession carried a minimum sentence of 2-10 years with a fine of up to $20,000.

bline.gif

Marijuana turns even the furthest right righties into lefties within minutes of inhaling. If you turn all the righties into lefties, there won't be anybody left to pay into welfare for lefties.

Bingo. The church ladies failed with alcohol, so they went right for marijuana. Gotta stop all this fun people are having.

That's just not true.

Marijuana was not a criminal offense until nixon.

There were countless hippies protesting outside the White House during his presidency. Mostly against the Vietnam war.

There was nothing legally that nixon could do to get them off the White House grounds. He noticed many of them were smoking marijuana. He had it reclassified a schedule 1 drug and a felony. So he could then have them arrested and removed from the White House grounds.

So if you want to be angry with someone, be angry with nixon. He's the guy who is responsible for marijuana being a crime.

It was a crime in 1937 under FDR.

On This Date: FDR Made Marijuana Illegal 81 Years Ago

If you read my post you would see I said he made it class one felony.

Before that it was just a misdemeanor.
Today you can get arrested for smoking a freaking cigarette and if you resist....well you know the rest. In some cases the penalties for smoking a cigarette are more severe than smoking a joint. A pot head can get what he needs pretty much any time while the law looks the other way but high school kids are such a lucrative market so why not make a buck and legalize the shit? Faulty logic is nothing new to the left.
Yes it was illegal before nixon but it was just a parking ticket offence. nixon couldn't have the protesters removed from the White House grounds for a misdemeanor.

Plus under the 1937 law it was still legal for some medical purposes. It wasn't a felony that resulted in anyone put in prison. It was a misdemeanor which resulted in a fine.

It wasn't until nixon that marijuana became the federal felony crime it is today.

The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana

View attachment 304101

Your post is wrong. People went to prison for possession on marijuana, up to 5 years for first offense. It was also a felony.

Samuel R. Caldwell - Wikipedia
His Name Was Samuel R. Caldwell{"issue_id":37197,"view":"articleBrowser","publication_id":"11569","article_id":"383063"}

Also in the 1950’s they had mandatory sentencing laws for marijuana possession.

Marijuana Timeline | Busted - America's War On Marijuana | FRONTLINE | PBS

Stricter Sentencing Laws

Enactment of federal laws (Boggs Act, 1952; Narcotics Control Act, 1956) which set mandatory sentences for drug-related offenses, including marijuana.

A first-offense marijuana possession carried a minimum sentence of 2-10 years with a fine of up to $20,000.

bline.gif

Reefer Madness was an accurate documentary. Many of us even voted for Trump. How bout them apples?

I don't smoke it anymore but liked it and didn't abuse it either. Your mention Reefer Madness cracked me up. I still have the book somewhere, wonder how many copies survived!

Marijuana turns even the furthest right righties into lefties within minutes of inhaling. If you turn all the righties into lefties, there won't be anybody left to pay into welfare for lefties.
On this topic the righties sound exactly like the lefties in their support of a nanny state that knows what's best for you.

Reefer madness was so far off from the truth. Who is kooky enough to say it was the truth

Forum List

Back