Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

Why are much of the poor in The United States fat?

Because starchy food is more fattening than healthy food. And it's cheaper to feed a family on mac and cheese than it is roast chicken and fresh vegetables

Have you been living in a cave not to know that?
you don't know what you are talking about.

[]
Poor in America means you have an iPhone 4 and your DVD player does not play Blu-Ray

Correct

The Heritage Foundation did a great study on what "being poor" in the US really means. it doesn't really mean being poor.

Understanding Poverty in the United States: Surprising Facts About America's Poor

Understanding Poverty in the United States: Surprising Facts About America's Poor

The following are facts about persons defined as “poor” by the Census Bureau as taken from various government reports:

• 80 percent of poor households have air conditioning. In 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
  • 92 percent of poor households have a microwave.
  • Nearly three-fourths have a car or truck, and 31 percent have two or more cars or trucks.
  • Nearly two-thirds have cable or satellite TV.
  • Two-thirds have at least one DVD player, and 70 percent have a VCR.
  • Half have a personal computer, and one in seven have two or more computers.
  • More than half of poor families with children have a video game system, such as an Xbox or PlayStation.
  • 43 percent have Internet access.
  • One-third have a wide-screen plasma or LCD TV.
  • One-fourth have a digital video recorder system, such as a TiVo.
Link to that discredited BS? Too bad they don't work and internet access etc is tiny...

Because starchy food is more fattening than healthy food. And it's cheaper to feed a family on mac and cheese than it is roast chicken and fresh vegetables

you don't know what you are talking about.
Cheap processed foods sold in corners stores are hopelessly unhealthy...

Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

Interesting article and much of it chimes with what we see in the UK.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS
Because they think people are poor because they're lazy and. It because of lack of opportunity or life setbacks

Mostly they think G-d wants them to be poor

You really are apiece of work.

Wow.. you actually got it right. Most overweight people are not overweight due to quantity, it s usually a quality issue.

Guess I struck a nerve...
And I pointed out fact!

You're confusing fact with opinion, like most retarded conservatives. No wonder you're so confused.
no, 1994 was a fact

WTF are you talking about, you nutjob?
so you don't remember what happened to welfare under Clinton with the republican congress? Contract with America. wow, that doesn't surprise me. but go read up on how they targeted getting the poor weened off of welfare. Conservatives ace, conservatives. In no other time was there so much success with the poor. And the dems built it all back up again and have been doubling down since. Learn about your country.

What the hell does this non-point have to do with the conversation you and I were having? You swing from one subject to the next like a fucking monkey on crack swinging from tree to tree.

And I pointed out fact!

You're confusing fact with opinion, like most retarded conservatives. No wonder you're so confused.
no, 1994 was a fact

so you don't remember what happened to welfare under Clinton with the republican congress? Contract with America. wow, that doesn't surprise me. but go read up on how they targeted getting the poor weened off of welfare. Conservatives ace, conservatives. In no other time was there so much success with the poor. And the dems built it all back up again and have been doubling down since. Learn about your country.

What the hell does this non-point have to do with the conversation you and I were having? You swing from one subject to the next like a fucking monkey on crack swinging from tree to tree.
it's completely on target with your point jack monkey! You state conservatives keep poor down. I just gave you why that statement is false. And of course, you don't get it. And that that is a fact which was a response to your fking point jack

no, 1994 was a fact

it's completely on target with your point jack monkey! You state conservatives keep poor down. I just gave you why that statement is false. And of course, you don't get it. And that that is a fact which was your fking point jack

I never stated that, idiot. Are you confusing me with another poster or something? I said conservatives only care about themselves -- no one else.

[]
Poor in America means you have an iPhone 4 and your DVD player does not play Blu-Ray

Correct

The Heritage Foundation did a great study on what "being poor" in the US really means. it doesn't really mean being poor.

The following are facts about persons defined as “poor” by the Census Bureau as taken from various government reports:

• 80 percent of poor households have air conditioning. In 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
  • Nearly three-fourths have a car or truck, and 31 percent have two or more cars or trucks.
  • More than half of poor families with children have a video game system, such as an Xbox or PlayStation.
Link to that discredited BS? Too bad they don't work and internet access etc is tiny...

You are confused Moon Bat.

The Heritage Foundation did a study and found out that what we call poor here in America are really not all that poor after all. Because you are a stupid welfare loving Moon Bat you may not like the study telling the reality but it is valid.

[]

Correct

The Heritage Foundation did a study and found out that what we call poor here in America are really not all that poor after all. Because you are a stupid welfare loving Moon Bat you may not like the study telling the reality but it is valid.
And you supposedly deliver groceries to these people? I used to design products for the hearing impaired and had occasion to visit some of them. The smell alone in their apartments would cause anybody who possibly could to find something better. Whatever 'luxuries' they had according to your Heritage Foundation report are things that most people would drag to the curb. At best, they are semi-functional things they bought at a thrift store.

[Q

Someone who doesn't particularly respect church authority not going to church? Wow, your powers of deduction are truly miraculous.

Then don't bitch about something you know nothing about.

You are like these atheists that try to tell Christians what God commands them to do but yet don't believe in God themselves.

My church has absolutely no "authority" over me. My wife and I attend because we agree with the principles . One of the principles is that charity should be from the heart, family and church. That is why we try to give as generously as possible. That is much different that succumbing to state supported thievery where money is taken by force from the people that earned it and given away to the special interest groups that didn't earn it.

[

You guys keep saying that. I'd love to see your proof. If people are too lazy to take care of themselves, why would they make the effort to vote?

Because of greed. They may be sorry but they know that if they don't vote for the Democrat whores then they won't get as large a welfare check.

They sure as hell came out in drives to vote for that asshole Obama, didn't they?

Greed caused then to do it, didn't it?

[]

Correct

And you supposedly deliver groceries to these people? I used to design products for the hearing impaired and had occasion to visit some of them. The smell alone in their apartments would cause anybody who possibly could to find something better. Whatever 'luxuries' they had according to your Heritage Foundation report are things that most people would drag to the curb. At best, they are semi-functional things they bought at a thrift store.

We deliver food to a church food bank. The food is then distributed to the needy through various charity organizations
You can live in a house that stinks to high heaven and you can live like a pig but still have big screen TV and a car parked outside, can't you?

[]

Correct

We deliver food to a church food bank. The food is then distributed to the needy through various charity organizations
You can live in a house that stinks to high heaven and you can live like a pig but still have big screen TV and a car parked outside, can't you?
I suppose so but the TV would be barely watchable and the car would only occasionally run. One of the luxuries I remember was the circa 1974 dot matrix printer that one guy was trying to use with our TDD. I had to custom modify his unit to work with it.

no, 1994 was a fact

it's completely on target with your point jack monkey! You state conservatives keep poor down. I just gave you why that statement is false. And of course, you don't get it. And that that is a fact which was your fking point jack

I never stated that, idiot. Are you confusing me with another poster or something? I said conservatives only care about themselves -- no one else.
and again, I was responding to you. And Again, you are wrong proven by the fact that conservatives in 1994 helped the poor move off of welfare. D'OH!!!! My fking point back on that first post. jack monkey dude.

and again, I was responding to you. And Again, you are wrong proven by the fact that conservatives in 1994 helped the poor move off of welfare. D'OH!!!! My fking point back on that first post. jack monkey dude.

The GOP did no such thing. Stop making shit up.

The GOP did no such thing. Stop making shit up.
I gave you the name of the program, contract with america. look it up on that thingy called the internet.

Correct

I suppose so but the TV would be barely watchable and the car would only occasionally run. One of the luxuries I remember was the circa 1974 dot matrix printer that one guy was trying to use with our TDD. I had to custom modify his unit to work with it.

The Heritage Foundation pointed out with valid census data that being labeled as poor in America don't really mean that you are suffering like poor people in the rest of the world. You don't go hungry and you have many of the things that the middle and upper class citizens of other countries have.

I am all for giving deserving people a helping hand. I try to practice that in real life. However, I think it is oppressive to have the filthy government take my money by force and give it away to special interest groups that elect the government officials.

I am quite capable of determining who needs to be helped. I don't need a stupid bureaucrat, whose boss is a corrupt politician, elected by greedy special interest groups, making that decision for me. You do agree with me, don't you? Don't you believe in liberty and making your own charity choices? You wouldn't want to outsource that to some idiot scumbag politician, would you?

The Heritage Foundation pointed out with valid census data that being labeled as poor in America don't really mean that you are suffering like poor people in the rest of the world. You don't go hungry and you have many of the things that the middle and upper class citizens of other countries have.

I am all for giving deserving people a helping hand. I try to practice that in real life. However, I think it is oppressive to have the filthy government take my money by force and give it away to special interest groups that elect the government officials.

I am quite capable of determining who needs to be helped. I don't need a stupid bureaucrat, whose boss is a corrupt politician, elected by greedy special interest groups, making that decision for me. You do agree with me, don't you? Don't you believe in liberty and making your own charity choices? You wouldn't want to outsource that to some idiot scumbag politician, would you?
I can actually see your point to a certain extent. Maybe our experiences have differed in some ways and so we each have a different perspective on where the corruption lies. I've seen the government system abused but I've also seen the (supposedly illegal) political influence of the church of which I speak.

Forum List

Back