Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

The first ingredient in quality BBQ sauce should be tomato.

Cheap BBQ sauce ingredients order of content

High Fructose Corn Syrup
, Distilled Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Tomato Paste, Contains less than 2% of: Salt, Pineapple Juice, Natural Smoke Flavor, Spices, Caramel, Color, Sodium Benzoate, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Dried Garlic, Sugar, Tamarind, Natural Flavor.

[

Nope. Demonisation of the poor is a singular trait of the right.There will always be a small minority who work the system but they are economically insignificant and certainly when compared to corporate welfare clients.

Havent you got anything new or interesting to say ?

You are confused

21% of the people (52 million) living in the US is getting some kind of friggin welfare. Only in Libardland is that kind of number trivialized.

21.3% of US Participates in Government Assistance Programs Each Month

21.3 Percent of U.S. Population Participates in Government Assistance Programs Each Month

Approximately 52.2 million (or 21.3 percent) people in the U.S. participated in major means-tested government assistance programs each month in 2012, according to a U.S. Census Bureau report released today. Participation rates were highest for Medicaid (15.3 percent) and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as the food stamp program (13.4 percent).

The average monthly participation rate in major means-tested programs increased from 18.6 percent in 2009 to 20.9 percent in 2011. However, from 2011 to 2012, there was no statistically significant change in the percentage of people who participated. From 2009 to 2012, the average monthly participation rates for Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income and SNAP increased, while the rate decreased for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families/General Assistance.
And the numbers have gone down since 2012. Did you hear about the corrupt GOP world meltdown of 2008? We have the best economy in the world, no thanks to your disgrace of a party of no, dupe...

The corporation that I work for now is a good example of the dynamic I'm describing. When I started, the company was run by the founder who took it from small start up to international corporation. He was an engineer turned entrepreneur who never forgot the value of the people who were working for him and he had numerous programs for training and recognition that showed him to be a true humanitarian. Fast forward about 5 or 10 years and he was getting too old to continue. That's when the usual cadre of self promoters, and business types who had no idea how to create a product all vying for their lucrative slot in the big corporation. The humanitarian aspect disappeared and was replaced by the usual mantra of downsize, outsource and exploit. As someone who innovates for a living, I can tell you that the idea that there are no limits to your slice of the pie has been listening to too many motivational speakers. As fast paced as the development cycle is, there are always limits and the guys at the top will make sure they get way more than anyone else.

And don't even get me started on Michael Eisner. He turned Disneyland into a tee shirt store. Talk about putting minimal value in and milking maximum money out.

Eisner did turn the Disney Corp into a T shirt company but people made money off the t shirts. Lots of money because other people wanted to buy the t-shirts. I made a nice profit on my stock. Hundreds of millions of people bought what Eisner was selling

If you don't ever want to buy anything made by Disney then that is fine. You don't ever have to contribute to the money that the CEO of Disney makes. It doesn't hurt you in the least how much the CEO of Disney makes, does it?

In fact it doesn't hurt you in the least what any CEO makes and that is the reason you never answered my questions, isn't it? You can't come up with any concrete examples of where some CEOs salary has ever hurt you, can you?

However, I can you a great example of how the filthy ass government hurts me. I have to pay taxes each year and other people gets some of the money that I earned. People that did nothing to earn the money that I gave the filthy government.
Tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of people poured their creativity and talent into making Disneyland one of the coolest places in the world and as it happened, it turned a nice profit at the same time. Then this greedy fucking parasite moves in and in a classic case of short term self interest, makes it half as cool as it once was. Sorry, this is the seedy belly on capitalism at work. Why couldn't he have picked an industry that's already been ruined like health insurance to ply his trade?
didn't those tens and hundreds of thousands of people make a buck? Or are you saying they did out the goodness of their hearts? you all are too funny I have to admit that. comedians all of you.
Ok, this is the essence of the difference between conservatives and liberals. Since conservatives have little to no creative impulse, everything is about making a buck. Those of us who are creative also have to eat so we try to earn money in interesting ways and aren't looking for the largest short term gain we can possibly get. However, that doesn't mean we don't feel screwed when an opportunist funnels the fruits of our creativity primarily to themselves.
so are you saying you don't try to make the most you can? Wow, then every professional sports athlete that wants more than anyone ever are all conservatives? Let's see, that's basketball, baseball, football, hockey, bowling, soccer. Hell, even the women's soccer athletes want as much as the men? what a bunch of money seeking beaches.
No probably not. I doubt most movie stars are conservative either. That's a very small slice of the talent market however. Once you reach a certain level of fame, you have people (agents) to negotiate for you and that's what conservatives seem to respect most.

100+ pages and we still have over half the people arguing that you can't care about the poor unless you are liberal and giving the money of others to them.

Government will never be the mechanism to best help the poor. And no matter how many people want to pretend you are not justified in ignoring the poor because government programs exist. Go out and feed someone.

There is one thing we've never tried (at least in my lifetime) to end poverty, and that is to end the handouts.

If you get hungry enough, you'll take one of those jobs posted at every corner of every street in the US. If your income is not enough, you will work more hours to bring in that income. If there is nothing incentivizing you to not work more hours, you may end up working 60 plus hours a week.

I would love to see all handouts stopped for a period of two years just to see the end results. I'd bet a months paycheck we would reduce poverty more that way than giving people money they didn't work for. I bet with no handouts, less people would enter poverty in the first place. Like I said, it's never been tried. The closest we came to that was in the 90's with welfare reform, and that was a huge success.

But why look back at what worked? Just listen to liberals to solve poverty.

[Q

Ok, this is the essence of the difference between conservatives and liberals. Since conservatives have little to no creative impulse, everything is about making a buck. Those of us who are creative also have to eat so we try to earn money in interesting ways and aren't looking for the largest short term gain we can possibly get. However, that doesn't mean we don't feel screwed when an opportunist funnels the fruits of our creativity primarily to themselves.

That is bullshit. You are really confused about things like this.

Political leaning have little or nothing to do with creativity.

By the way Moon Bat, making money is a good thing. It keeps you off welfare that keeps other people from having to pay your bills. It is being a "creative" welfare queens that is a bad thing.
I'm far from welfare. I probably make more money than you even though I have an interesting career rather than one that sucks my soul. The reason more people don't have these types of careers is because they require more education and aptitude than most people can muster. They also tend to be pretty specialized. If there's a downside, it's that.

Oh BTW, name me a creative conservative.

[QU

Tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of people poured their creativity and talent into making Disneyland one of the coolest places in the world and as it happened, it turned a nice profit at the same time. Then this greedy fucking parasite moves in and in a classic case of short term self interest, makes it half as cool as it once was. Sorry, this is the seedy belly on capitalism at work. Why couldn't he have picked an industry that's already been ruined like health insurance to ply his trade?

You still haven't answered my question but I will comment on your deflection.

Before Eisner Disney was a lackluster company. He was the change that produced a tremendous increase in profit that provided a product people wanted to buy and also jobs for many more people.

He was worth the money that the BODs paid him. I am glad he was hired and incentivized to make money because I got a nice little profit on my stock. In fact that profit did a lot to allow me to take an earlier retirement.

His salary helped me but you still haven't answered my question about giving examples of how a CEOs salary has hurt you.. You are not going to do it because you don't have an example. All you have is your hate, greed and envy, right?
I already told you about the corporation I work for and how the climate changed once the founder was replaced with the typical greedy opportunist. Did you miss that?
you have no idea what fking happened once that guy left. Zippola. businesses don't generally just give up when revenues are good. so, go for take two.
It's no wonder you guys never learn anything. You apparently don't have the wherewithal to go back and look at what has been posted. I'm still with the company even though it's now being run by an opportunist. The founder got too old to continue running things.

[Q

Doesnt that mean that corporate US is a big beneficiary of welfare ? If they paid decent wages people wouldnt need help.

You are barking up the wrong tree there sport. I am against all welfare, subsidies, entitlements and bailouts. I am for low government expenditures and low taxation.

However, if a corporation is getting something from the government then that means you are probably getting the goods or services for less money that it would have cost you otherwise so don't bitch too much.

[Q

By the way Moon Bat, making money is a good thing. It keeps you off welfare that keeps other people from having to pay your bills. It is being a "creative" welfare queens that is a bad thing.
I'm far from welfare. I probably make more money than you even though I have an interesting career rather than one that sucks my soul. The reason more people don't have these types of careers is because they require more education and aptitude than most people can muster. They also tend to be pretty specialized. If there's a downside, it's that.

I had a good creative career as an Engineering Director. I hired many creative conservative engineers in my time. Even a few Liberal ones.

You are full of bullshit if you suggest that political belief is somehow tied to creativity.

When are you going to stop your deflection and answer the question I asked you three or four times?

[QU

It's no wonder you guys never learn anything. You apparently don't have the wherewithal to go back and look at what has been posted. I'm still with the company even though it's now being run by an opportunist. The founder got too old to continue running things.

You are funny as hell. You first bitch about where you work and then you brag about the living you make. Typical confused Moon Bat.

[Q

I had a good creative career as an Engineering Director. I hired many creative conservative engineers in my time. Even a few Liberal ones.

You are full of bullshit if you suggest that political belief is somehow tied to creativity.

When are you going to stop your deflection and answer the question I asked you three or four times?
Most engineers know nothing about history and politics, so are usually GOP dupes. Their creativity and knowledge is limited to engineering, like yours, dupe. So many accountants, doctors, lawyers, marketers, DITTO.

Well after 50 pages I thought that I might summarise the general feeling.

1. Its their own fault.
2. Fuck em.
3. I did fine so why cant they ?
4. Fuck em.
5. I really hate them.
6. Its Gods will.
7. Fuck em.
8. I have done really well.
9. And so have my kids.
10. Fuck em.

Have I missed anything ?

Nope. You nailed it Spot On. Sums up average Republican mentality perfectly. I used to consider myself a Republican back in the day. And that is exactly what i heard from most of em.

Of course nowadays, i find it so bizarre that most of em truly do believe they're 'Good Christians.' Have they ever actually read Jesus' teachings? Or do they just go to Church on Sundays just for the sake of saying they went? I'm guessing the latter.

[Q

Doesnt that mean that corporate US is a big beneficiary of welfare ? If they paid decent wages people wouldnt need help.

You are barking up the wrong tree there sport. I am against all welfare, subsidies, entitlements and bailouts. I am for low government expenditures and low taxation.

However, if a corporation is getting something from the government then that means you are probably getting the goods or services for less money that it would have cost you otherwise so don't bitch too much.
So you're an ignorant idiot/dupe. lol. Anything to save the rich and giant corps from paying their fair share and helping the middle class and the country...

100+ pages and we still have over half the people arguing that you can't care about the poor unless you are liberal and giving the money of others to them.

Government will never be the mechanism to best help the poor. And no matter how many people want to pretend you are not justified in ignoring the poor because government programs exist. Go out and feed someone.

There is one thing we've never tried (at least in my lifetime) to end poverty, and that is to end the handouts.

If you get hungry enough, you'll take one of those jobs posted at every corner of every street in the US. If your income is not enough, you will work more hours to bring in that income. If there is nothing incentivizing you to not work more hours, you may end up working 60 plus hours a week.

I would love to see all handouts stopped for a period of two years just to see the end results. I'd bet a months paycheck we would reduce poverty more that way than giving people money they didn't work for. I bet with no handouts, less people would enter poverty in the first place. Like I said, it's never been tried. The closest we came to that was in the 90's with welfare reform, and that was a huge success.

But why look back at what worked? Just listen to liberals to solve poverty.
Yup, crime is the answer, not welfare, training and cheap ed., UE, spending on infrastructure, or food stamps. ANYTHING to save the greedy idiot GOP rich, dupe.

[Q

I'm the generalist in our group having two wildly different degrees one of which is a BSEE. I work with 4 PhDs and 3 Master's degree holders. We're all left wingers from your viewpoint. As a matter of fact, the PhDs in particular mock the corporate types along with Trump with his low functioning supporters. All of the best engineers I've ever worked with are pretty liberal too. The conservative ones don't want to have to do the really technical stuff and so are more likely to take the management route.

I don't know what kind of product you and your creative talent produced but I can't imagine it's exactly cutting edge.

As for the question you've asked me three or four times... Rephrase it then because I've already answered whatever I was able to discern as a question from the bunch of statements you've made.

[QU

You are funny as hell. You first bitch about where you work and then you brag about the living you make. Typical confused Moon Bat.
I make a good living in spite of opportunists using my work to get themselves bonuses.

You are confused Moon Bat.

Our church is a big contributor to feeding the poor and providing services in the community to those that really need it.

This next Sunday morning we will meet at the regular service time and go en mass to the grocery stores and buy food instead of having the normal worship service. We do that several times a year.

What are you going to be doing this Sunday morning Moon Bat, laying in bed?

The third weekend of every month my wife and I go to the grocery store and buy food and donate it to our church's food pantry. We also help to support an orphanage.

What do you do Moon Bat other than bitch that the rich are not being taxed enough?
Not knowing the specifics of your church, I'll try not to discourage your efforts to do good. However, from my experience GENERALLY, church charities shelter tax revenues that would go as far or farther in providing for the poor if they were collected.
how do you figure that?
I base my information on the predominant local church. They collect 10% from their members which is tax exempt meaning that given an average tax rate of 15%, they prevent 1.5% from being collected. The church spends about 1% of what they collect on charity. There's a shortfall of 0.5%.
Which part is tithe which part is offering?
What's the difference?
Tithe is the 10% of their earnings members of a church pledge to give each pay period. This money goes to pay the Pastor, up keep
Of the church, pay missionaries,teachers if they have an affiliated school etc...

Offering is money Christians choose to give outside of tithe. This usually goes to their charitable organizations or to raise money to help needy members.

Some churches also have thrift stores that help raise money for their food panties, urban gardens, outreach programs etc...Members also donate money,time and goods to these. Outside of tithe and offering.

Forum List

Back