Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

100+ pages and we still have over half the people arguing that you can't care about the poor unless you are liberal and giving the money of others to them.

Government will never be the mechanism to best help the poor. And no matter how many people want to pretend you are not justified in ignoring the poor because government programs exist. Go out and feed someone.

There is one thing we've never tried (at least in my lifetime) to end poverty, and that is to end the handouts.

If you get hungry enough, you'll take one of those jobs posted at every corner of every street in the US. If your income is not enough, you will work more hours to bring in that income. If there is nothing incentivizing you to not work more hours, you may end up working 60 plus hours a week.

I would love to see all handouts stopped for a period of two years just to see the end results. I'd bet a months paycheck we would reduce poverty more that way than giving people money they didn't work for. I bet with no handouts, less people would enter poverty in the first place. Like I said, it's never been tried. The closest we came to that was in the 90's with welfare reform, and that was a huge success.

But why look back at what worked? Just listen to liberals to solve poverty.
Yup, crime is the answer, not welfare, training and cheap ed., UE, spending on infrastructure, or food stamps. ANYTHING to save the greedy idiot GOP rich, dupe.

Who, besides you, brought up crime?
Anyone who thinks cutting our crummy safety net...

[Q

A good Christian certainly wouldn't feel that way. It's not what Jesus preached. Unfortunately, too many Republicans who like to consider themselves 'Good Christians', are some of the worst people you'll ever met. They actually despise the least fortunate among us. Jesus is not proud of them. Like i said before, you wanna be greedy & hateful, so be it. But don't call yourself a 'Good Christian.' Because that's not what Jesus was about.

You are confused Moon Bat.

If you would ever go to church the Bible very clearly (both the Old and New Testaments) teaches that charity should come from the heart, church and family.

Nowhere does it say that Christians should outsource charity to a bloated, out of control, oppressive, debt ridden, corrupt, government run by bureaucrats whose bosses are dishonest politicians elected by special interest groups.

By the way Moon Bat. Since you seem to be an authority on Christianity were you in church yesterday? I went to church. We met in the morning and then had a short devotion and then the congregation left the church and went to the local grocery stores and bought food for our food pantry that will be distributed to needed charities in the area. We do this about three or four times a year and yesterday just happen to be one of the days.

So what were you doing yesterday morning Moon Bat? Laying in bed while Christians (mostly right wingers in my church) were out feeding the poor?
Yep. Did the same ...one of our senior centers gives out lists of items requested by seniors every month. Took them three boxes full of stuff like ...

Face moisturizer
Hair gel
Dental floss
Dog food
Veggies
Tuna
Pasta
Coffee
Reading glasses
So now THEY are the exception that proves the rule. Does that make you feel better about supporting the Oblivious Rich White People's Party that ruins the nonrich and the country to save the greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share? And no that's not you...
Who is they?

Nobody is cruel to the poor, these lefty morons just need something cry about.
What is taking their health insurance away in order to provide a tax cut for the wealthy?
[Q

Ok, this is the essence of the difference between conservatives and liberals. Since conservatives have little to no creative impulse, everything is about making a buck. Those of us who are creative also have to eat so we try to earn money in interesting ways and aren't looking for the largest short term gain we can possibly get. However, that doesn't mean we don't feel screwed when an opportunist funnels the fruits of our creativity primarily to themselves.

That is bullshit. You are really confused about things like this.

Political leaning have little or nothing to do with creativity.

By the way Moon Bat, making money is a good thing. It keeps you off welfare that keeps other people from having to pay your bills. It is being a "creative" welfare queens that is a bad thing.
I'm far from welfare. I probably make more money than you even though I have an interesting career rather than one that sucks my soul. The reason more people don't have these types of careers is because they require more education and aptitude than most people can muster. They also tend to be pretty specialized. If there's a downside, it's that.

Oh BTW, name me a creative conservative.

I had a good creative career as an Engineering Director. I hired many creative conservative engineers in my time. Even a few Liberal ones.

You are full of bullshit if you suggest that political belief is somehow tied to creativity.

When are you going to stop your deflection and answer the question I asked you three or four times?
Most engineers know nothing about history and politics, so are usually GOP dupes. Their creativity and knowledge is limited to engineering, like yours, dupe. So many accountants, doctors, lawyers, marketers, DITTO.

Have you ever considered not insulting others when you communicate? You might find you can get people to listen more if you stopped

He can't. He is simply one more whiny ass who needs to make himself feel better about putting down others. Classic really.
He is also a hypocrite, he has never sent a dime extra to help his precious "poor".

You see....there is not a "Real Pie" that people are slicing up

It is a theoretical pie based on a graphical representation we call a "Pie Chart"

3480778622_13391fdfc0.jpg

and you still can't tell me how what I make has any impact on what you make can you?

You seem to have trouble grasping the concept of a nationwide economy

Think of it as A REALLY BIG PIE
No, not a real pie, but a "theoretical economic pie" that everyone has to feed off of
Now, if Government sets the rules on who gets to slice the pie and who gets to decide how many pieces everyone gets...we have something called economic inequality
Ok then tell me how the guy in NYC who makes 10 million a month is responsible for you and 10 million other people not earning more

Again you struggle with the concept of a national economy
We are not talking about one person having millions, we are talking about $18 trillion in a country of 330 million people

Now...Think of it as A REALLY BIG PIE
Okay...go have all the liberals in Hollywood fork over their fare share and then you can worry about the CEO's you like to whine about.
They vote to do it, nobody pays more than they have to.

[Q

A good Christian certainly wouldn't feel that way. It's not what Jesus preached. Unfortunately, too many Republicans who like to consider themselves 'Good Christians', are some of the worst people you'll ever met. They actually despise the least fortunate among us. Jesus is not proud of them. Like i said before, you wanna be greedy & hateful, so be it. But don't call yourself a 'Good Christian.' Because that's not what Jesus was about.

If you would ever go to church the Bible very clearly (both the Old and New Testaments) teaches that charity should come from the heart, church and family.

Nowhere does it say that Christians should outsource charity to a bloated, out of control, oppressive, debt ridden, corrupt, government run by bureaucrats whose bosses are dishonest politicians elected by special interest groups.

By the way Moon Bat. Since you seem to be an authority on Christianity were you in church yesterday? I went to church. We met in the morning and then had a short devotion and then the congregation left the church and went to the local grocery stores and bought food for our food pantry that will be distributed to needed charities in the area. We do this about three or four times a year and yesterday just happen to be one of the days.

So what were you doing yesterday morning Moon Bat? Laying in bed while Christians (mostly right wingers in my church) were out feeding the poor?
Yep. Did the same ...one of our senior centers gives out lists of items requested by seniors every month. Took them three boxes full of stuff like ...

Face moisturizer
Hair gel
Dental floss
Dog food
Veggies
Tuna
Pasta
Coffee
Reading glasses
So now THEY are the exception that proves the rule. Does that make you feel better about supporting the Oblivious Rich White People's Party that ruins the nonrich and the country to save the greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share? And no that's not you...
Who is they?
You are not the greedy idiot Gop rich, just their dupe.

You will note that earlier he was bloviating that by law we should be getting 4 weeks off or more. And that's why we need unions.

Now the tune changes because I work in healthcare and get 6 weeks. Which is average for most corporations BTW.
It's not average for corporations - not even close. Most corporations top out at 4 weeks. One that I've considered working for tops out at 5. I've never seen 6 in an American corporation. Here's one more reason that healthcare costs go up way faster than inflation and are bloated beyond any other industry.

Another good example of why pharma in particular is a scam is that they hire former beauty queens to go around a flirt with doctors. I knew one about 15 years ago that made 60k for a part time gig. She'd finish by lunch time and go home and drink rum and cokes all afternoon.
That's interesting because even the federal government give employees 6 weeks.
Then your Big Health corp and the fed gov't are better than anywhere else, ignoramus dupe. And at scamming the people.
So does Honeywell and Intel...
But they deserve it, not being a GOP/gov't scam...
So do most corporations dealing in technology.

So...clearly 6 is the norm..

and you still can't tell me how what I make has any impact on what you make can you?

You seem to have trouble grasping the concept of a nationwide economy

Think of it as A REALLY BIG PIE
No, not a real pie, but a "theoretical economic pie" that everyone has to feed off of
Now, if Government sets the rules on who gets to slice the pie and who gets to decide how many pieces everyone gets...we have something called economic inequality
Ok then tell me how the guy in NYC who makes 10 million a month is responsible for you and 10 million other people not earning more

Again you struggle with the concept of a national economy
We are not talking about one person having millions, we are talking about $18 trillion in a country of 330 million people

Now...Think of it as A REALLY BIG PIE
Okay...go have all the liberals in Hollywood fork over their fare share and then you can worry about the CEO's you like to whine about.
They vote to do it, nobody pays more than they have to.
I guess if you don't lead by example you don't get to demand others do it then.

All poor folks are 'Evil Lazy Welfare' Boogeymen to the average white Republican. They generalize and demonize. It makes them feel justified in hating and abusing the least fortunate among us. It's exactly the opposite of what Jesus taught. Yet most of them truly believe the pearly gates await them. They're lost hateful souls.
Republicans Most Generous People In The World, Democrats: Not So Much

Republicans give more to their churches
Means money goes to Pastors, church maintenance, a new organ, robes for the choir

Doesn't mean the money is going to poor families
Tithe goes to salaries...offering to charity.
Still deducted on their taxes

[Q

Face moisturizer
Hair gel
Dental floss
Dog food
Veggies
Tuna
Pasta
Coffee
Reading glasses
Who is they?
And yet Trump paid more taxes than Obama and Sanders...go figure.

All poor folks are 'Evil Lazy Welfare' Boogeymen to the average white Republican. They generalize and demonize. It makes them feel justified in hating and abusing the least fortunate among us. It's exactly the opposite of what Jesus taught. Yet most of them truly believe the pearly gates await them. They're lost hateful souls.

Means money goes to Pastors, church maintenance, a new organ, robes for the choir

I understand that some super pastors even have private jets ?
Surely not.
So do all the actors in Hollywood and Politicians in Washington.

Nobody is cruel to the poor, these lefty morons just need something cry about.
What is taking their health insurance away in order to provide a tax cut for the wealthy?
That is bullshit. You are really confused about things like this.

Political leaning have little or nothing to do with creativity.

By the way Moon Bat, making money is a good thing. It keeps you off welfare that keeps other people from having to pay your bills. It is being a "creative" welfare queens that is a bad thing.
I'm far from welfare. I probably make more money than you even though I have an interesting career rather than one that sucks my soul. The reason more people don't have these types of careers is because they require more education and aptitude than most people can muster. They also tend to be pretty specialized. If there's a downside, it's that.

Oh BTW, name me a creative conservative.

I had a good creative career as an Engineering Director. I hired many creative conservative engineers in my time. Even a few Liberal ones.

You are full of bullshit if you suggest that political belief is somehow tied to creativity.

When are you going to stop your deflection and answer the question I asked you three or four times?
Most engineers know nothing about history and politics, so are usually GOP dupes. Their creativity and knowledge is limited to engineering, like yours, dupe. So many accountants, doctors, lawyers, marketers, DITTO.

Have you ever considered not insulting others when you communicate? You might find you can get people to listen more if you stopped

He can't. He is simply one more whiny ass who needs to make himself feel better about putting down others. Classic really.
He is also a hypocrite, he has never sent a dime extra to help his precious "poor".
I've been talking to you dupes for 10 years, and you never listen. Look up brainwashed. I vote Dem and pay my taxes happily. Actually I never asked for a refund that I was eligible for.

Dupe is not a personal insult but a political one, what all GOP supporters are (Unless they're bought off), unlike most of the vulgar or brainwashed GOP insults of Dems (dupes seem to think ALL Dems are on welfare lol etc). Can dupes not see past their selfish egocentric noses?.

Your hate and hostility towards the least fortunate among us has been expressed very clearly. They're all 'Evil Lazy Welfare' Boogeymen to y'all. It's certainly not something Jesus preached. But that's ok, a mighty humbling will likely happen for many Republicans like you.

One day y'all may be in need, and you'll hope & pray for compassion. But you won't likely get it from your fellow Republicans. They could care less about you. In your cases, it'll take a might humbling for you to find your humanity. When or if you're ever suffering and in need, your view of the poor will change dramatically. But i hope it doesn't take a humbling for y'all to find your humanity. You can find it right now. Good luck and God Bless.
:blahblah::itsok:
He is showing us he has learned the art of copy and pasting the same posts over and over.

Face moisturizer
Hair gel
Dental floss
Dog food
Veggies
Tuna
Pasta
Coffee
Reading glasses
Who is they?
Not %wise DUHHHH. And the one year he let out...

Well after 50 pages I thought that I might summarise the general feeling.

1. Its their own fault.
2. Fuck em.
3. I did fine so why cant they ?
4. Fuck em.
5. I really hate them.
6. Its Gods will.
7. Fuck em.
8. I have done really well.
9. And so have my kids.
10. Fuck em.

Have I missed anything ?
Quite a bit, really. You missed the whole, "We need a Christian theocracy!!!" bit.
"And Hollywood pays their fair share by voting".

Face moisturizer
Hair gel
Dental floss
Dog food
Veggies
Tuna
Pasta
Coffee
Reading glasses
Who is they?
Not %wise DUHHHH. And the one year he let out...
He also pays more than Eric Holder and Al Sharpton...

Kind of like the way a LOT of money goes into welfare programs and doesn't make into the hands of the poor?
Exactly...have you seen the salaries of the people who run Obamacare?

100+ pages and we still have over half the people arguing that you can't care about the poor unless you are liberal and giving the money of others to them.

Government will never be the mechanism to best help the poor. And no matter how many people want to pretend you are not justified in ignoring the poor because government programs exist. Go out and feed someone.

There is one thing we've never tried (at least in my lifetime) to end poverty, and that is to end the handouts.

If you get hungry enough, you'll take one of those jobs posted at every corner of every street in the US. If your income is not enough, you will work more hours to bring in that income. If there is nothing incentivizing you to not work more hours, you may end up working 60 plus hours a week.

I would love to see all handouts stopped for a period of two years just to see the end results. I'd bet a months paycheck we would reduce poverty more that way than giving people money they didn't work for. I bet with no handouts, less people would enter poverty in the first place. Like I said, it's never been tried. The closest we came to that was in the 90's with welfare reform, and that was a huge success.

But why look back at what worked? Just listen to liberals to solve poverty.
Take away food from the poor and you have a lot hungry people.
Take away housing from the poor and you have a lot more homeless people.
Take away healthcare from the poor and you have more sick people.

In the US you have 9 million single parent families on welfare which includes 19 million kids. Take away government support and you'll have more runaways, child prostitution, and juvenile crime. With very rare exception, a single mother in poverty can not make enough money to support a family and care for the kids.

I'm quite aware of that, and do you know why? Because these are the same promises liberals made to us before welfare reform began. Between the time the law passed until it's implementation, we were promised riots in the streets, decomposed bodies of people from starvation, children running naked with no place to live, stores closed down and boarded up so nobody got any food.............. It never happened.

What will hungry people do with no food? Earn money to buy food.
What will people do with no HUD home in the suburbs? Seek shelter in the inner-city

How do we know most people would react this way? Because it's a basic law of electricity which also applies to people.

Electricity will take it's least path of resistance to travel. People do the exact same to survive.

You need food, and you have two choices A) government giving you food, or B) Go out and work for food. Now, what's is that path of least resistance to obtain food? What about shelter? What about utilities?

You on the left don't give people enough credit. If forced to, people would rather live another day to fight than to give up, crawl into a corner and die just because government isn't there to take care of them.

You are VERY FORTUNATE. Sounds like ACA needs to go after companies like yours. No wonder health care is so ridiculously expensive. What a scam. Time to worry about alll the less fortunate for a change...
She's not fucking fortunate you retard she has something to offer a company that is willing to pay those vacation days. And the fact you think we should go after a company like that and force them to take those vacation days away and give them to someone else is pathetic. You. Are. The. Problem.

You're a teacher right? Admittedly probably not a good one but let's say you are as you claim. You have some pretty sweet healthcare and retirement benefits along with the salary you're stealing for being such a failure in your profession. How about we just take your money, home, retirement, savings and just give it to someone less fortunate? I think that's a pretty good idea right there. All government employees lose all of their benefits until we help the poor get to an equal level of income.

I think I have found the problem here. It's not those out there trying to work and make a living that need to pay. It's any government employee at any federal, state, city or county level that should work for free. In order to help the poor people.
You will note that earlier he was bloviating that by law we should be getting 4 weeks off or more. And that's why we need unions.

Now the tune changes because I work in healthcare and get 6 weeks. Which is average for most corporations BTW.
It's not average for corporations - not even close. Most corporations top out at 4 weeks. One that I've considered working for tops out at 5. I've never seen 6 in an American corporation. Here's one more reason that healthcare costs go up way faster than inflation and are bloated beyond any other industry.

Another good example of why pharma in particular is a scam is that they hire former beauty queens to go around a flirt with doctors. I knew one about 15 years ago that made 60k for a part time gig. She'd finish by lunch time and go home and drink rum and cokes all afternoon.
That's interesting because even the federal government give employees 6 weeks.
Maximum is five weeks after 15 years
Whereas every modern country beside us has 4 weeks at least after 1 year. So by the time provincial ugly Americans have time to see the world, they're married off bloody tourists who learn nothing....

Forum List

Back