Why aren't people taking the Aryan Brotherhood seriously?

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
You would think after killing 4 government officials it would spark some kind of controversy but also discussion, while it has appeared on the media, it isn't the way it should be. If they were Muslims we would be outraged and would set measures so high for security and awareness and make a giant deal out of it. But it seems like this won't reach that climax. A Texas prosecutor dropped out after citing security concerns in a case regarding the Aryan Brotherhood. So it definitely is a big concern. But people don't want to get fired up about it unless its the way they want it and the people they want.

• Banned
Yeah, they've killed the district attorney of a Texas county through execution, he had 20 bullets in his body and his wife had one. They were both killed.

• Banned
Yeah that's true, they usually have multi-million dollar business, but a lot of it also stems from prison so they kind of need to be contreversial.

• Banned
Why I Fear the Aryan Brotherhood?and You Should, Too - The Daily Beast

Four people have been killed since the beginning of the year in a series of shootings that appear to be connected to the homegrown jihadists of the Aryan Brotherhood. Mike McLelland, the district attorney of Texas’s Kaufman County, and his wife, Cynthia Woodward, became the latest victims this past weekend. Before that, McLelland’s former colleague Mark Hasse was shot in January. Colorado prisons chief Tom Clements was gunned down in mid-March.

• Banned
This is all that has been said so far. No motive found yet.

Mike McLelland, Texas District Attorney, Shot 20 Times: Report

Authorities investigating the McLelland murders have released no motive for the shootings, but suspicion has fallen on a white power gang called the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas. The gang's 4,000 members are active in the state's prisons, are allegedly active in drug dealing and prostitution.

You would think after killing 4 government officials it would spark some kind of controversy but also discussion, while it has appeared on the media, it isn't the way it should be. If they were Muslims we would be outraged and would set measures so high for security and awareness and make a giant deal out of it. But it seems like this won't reach that climax. A Texas prosecutor dropped out after citing security concerns in a case regarding the Aryan Brotherhood. So it definitely is a big concern. But people don't want to get fired up about it unless its the way they want it and the people they want.

"If they were Muslims we would be outraged and would set measures so high for security and awareness and make a giant deal out of it."

Yes, just as over three years ago when Nidal Hasas shouted "Allahu Akbar" before killing more than a dozen people and injuring well over twice as many at Fort Hood. Guy is still being protected for that pesky "workplace violence."

As far as the Aryan Brotherhood goes....those monsters....I think it is still just assumed, as of this date.

Aqua I'm not talking about law procedures, he was an individual, not part of a active organization.

I'm not trying to say we should be more tough on the Aryan Brotherhood because they're white. I'm Caucasian. That's not the reason. I'm Palestinian Caucasian though.

But I say it's not right to have a outraged response only when we feel there's a bigger threat because someone is Middle Eastern. I think all cases should be seen equally.

jk-simmons.jpg

Muslim radicals make for a better security concern in this country. AB are just portrayed as wackos, the Muslims are the Bogey men who will kill us in our sleep and wreak havoc in cities everywhere. Its called manufactured fear.....and the mainstream media is the factory that produces it

Thank you for making my point in a constructive way. And I think almost everybody by now does actually see that the mainstream media produces it. It's more obvious than ever.

Religious and political fanatics like Osama and McVeigh are far more dangerous than a criminal organization whose bottom line is profit. There is little profit in wholesale slaughter.

The media is afraid to speak out against white racism because so many white people feel they are discriminated against.

MeatHead, I wasn't inferring that. Lets change this story up a little bit and say those perpetrators are Muslims. Would or would not be a different response to that?

The media is afraid to speak out against white racism because so many white people feel they are discriminated against.

I also don't support racism against whites, this really isn't about whites to me, but the general national concern and the journalists and media take a whole other opposite approach when it's comes from other perpetrators sadly.

Muslim radicals make for a better security concern in this country. AB are just portrayed as wackos, the Muslims are the Bogey men who will kill us in our sleep and wreak havoc in cities everywhere. Its called manufactured fear.....and the mainstream media is the factory that produces it

To me it is a matter of scale and motive. the AB is organized crime, pure and simple. Its motive is profit, which is far easier to predict than religous or political motives.

The AB has been on law enforcement radar, in particular corrections officer's radar for decades. They know all about the AB's attempts to take out guards, wardens, anyone who messes with thier in prison business. What seems to be happening is they are going "outside the walls" to go after the courts and other LEO's.

There are limits to what they can or will do, however, as thier motive is always profit. Large scale attacks like Oklahoma City or even 9/11 is not inline with making a profit, as it would bring every law enforcement and even military branch on them like hammers.

When your motivation is political and/or religous, however, those limits do not apply. The "big attack" is a more viable option, particularly when you are ready for the long fight.
Islamic fundementalists are far more dangerous in this repsect, because the continuation of thier "buisiness" is not thier concern. They are motivated by faith and a desire for power, not money.

Aqua I'm not talking about law procedures, he was an individual, not part of a active organization.

I'm not trying to say we should be more tough on the Aryan Brotherhood because they're white. I'm Caucasian. That's not the reason. I'm Palestinian Caucasian though.

But I say it's not right to have a outraged response only when we feel there's a bigger threat because someone is Middle Eastern. I think all cases should be seen equally.

Thank you, BIK. :)

However, there is a recent "news report" that Nidal Hasan was part of an active organization. I'll find a link and edit this post.

Also, I didn't assume you were saying "we" should be more tough on the Aryan Brotherhood, because they are white.

Last edited:

Thank you, BIK. :)

However, there is a recent "news report" that Nidal Hasas was part of an active organization. I'll find a link and edit this post.

Also, I didn't assume you were saying "we" should be more tough on the Aryan Brotherhood, because they are white.

But it's foreign, I'm not trying to compare Al Qaeda to this, I'm saying if we had the same situation, prison gangs on the same scale and they happened to be Muslim there would be a different response. But I don't see why people are a little afraid to have that same intentional response they usually do when it comes to other people.

Forum List

Back