CDZ Why aren't we addressing the gun issue as a cultural problem?

LIKE I said the shootings in 'chicago' amount to a bit over a hundred and a few dead / murdered and were just these last 2 weekends JoeB .

Um, actually, no, nowhere near that...... but do keep trying.
----------------------------- here you go JoeB . --- Weekend gun violence down in Chicago, but West Side continues to bear brunt of shootings ---

Your own link admits violence is down... Still horribly high, as it is in the whole country because guns are too easy to get.
---------------------------------- DOWN , DOWN you say , well that's their Spin and might be factually true . Fact remains though that over a hundred were shot and a number Shot dead , killed or murdered in just 2 weekends in the 'Chicago' area JoeB .

people buy guns because they want guns , tell me where the NRA Gunstore is so I can check them out JoeB .

The NRA works for the gun industry... they could care less about you as a gun owner.
--------------------------------------- WHY would I care if NRA CARES about me . That's an infantile point of view . No one cares about me , certainly not NRA or TRIPLE AAA , USA Government or the AMA JoeB .

How do you define "nut"?
One who insists on his selfish desires over the general good.
--------------------------------------------- CNM , JoeB and other lefties are the 'crocodile tear' people [thanks for the reminder Bode] . They cry , pizz and moan at the drop pf a hat if 10 strangers that they have never known or met get shot . Yet thousands of car drivers die yearly and the lefties could not care less . And hey , that's NORMAL Response for normal people but YOU anti gunners are not Normal CNM and JoeB and others .

Guns Guns Guns... :rolleyes:
It isn't the guns.
It's what has changed in our society. And that has been explained numerous times.

Guns Guns Guns... :rolleyes:
It isn't the guns.
It's what has changed in our society. And that has been explained numerous times.
------------------------------------------ agree , but to me Nothing can be done by the Average Joe to combat what Govt. has engineered in USA Society over the last whatever number of years a person wants to site . The only goal I have is for USA to remain a well armed society for me at least and also well armed into the Future 'IAM .

Gun violence can be ended very quickly in this country...I post this here because it addresses the concern of the original post......if you want to end actual gun crime and gun murder, you have to make criminals...actual criminals, stop using guns....the only way to do that.....long prison sentences......

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.
This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....

I don;t fit in either category but you think I'm a gun nut

So in reality you think anyone who owns a gun is a gun nut

But you have no problem ith nuts like that having easy access to them... because the FOunding Slave Rapists said so.

---------------------------------- DOWN , DOWN you say , well that's their Spin and might be factually true . Fact remains though that over a hundred were shot and a number Shot dead , killed or murdered in just 2 weekends in the 'Chicago' area JoeB .

Thousands are killed with guns across the country, not just in Chicago, stupid.

Because the NRA has flooded our streets with guns.

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.
This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

One more time. We don't have enough space in the jails to lock up the 2 million real criminals, and it's not like you guys want to pay more in taxes for more prisons.

We have more black kids in prison than in college, and you think more prisons are the answer.

see the disarmed 'hong kongers' , even they realize that they want a Second Amendment' .

Um, China has Tanks... if they want to take Hong Kong, which is rightfully their territory, there's not much the people who live there can do about it.

Thousands are killed with guns across the country, not just in Chicago, stupid.

Because the NRA has flooded our streets with guns.

One more time. We don't have enough space in the jails to lock up the 2 million real criminals, and it's not like you guys want to pay more in taxes for more prisons.

We have more black kids in prison than in college, and you think more prisons are the answer.

Moron....we keep letting repeat, violent gun offenders out of prison......

Locking up killers is the answer, you dope.

I don;t fit in either category but you think I'm a gun nut

So in reality you think anyone who owns a gun is a gun nut

But you have no problem ith nuts like that having easy access to them... because the FOunding Slave Rapists said so.

I am all for denying convicted felons and people who by due process are deemed mentally ill from possessing firearms.

Moron....we keep letting repeat, violent gun offenders out of prison......

Locking up killers is the answer, you dope.

We lock up more people than any other country in the world... 50 times more than other industrial democracies, more than Communist China with five times as many people.

If locking them up was the answer, we'd have sovled the problem by now.

The reality - we have a prison industrial complex that renders a sizeable portion of the population unemployable.

I don't have a simple legislative answer for the gun problem. There are already ten kazillion guns out there, and they're easily accessible by any maniac. So legislating along the fringes can only do so much. Can we do some legislating here and there? Sure, let's look at EVERYTHING. But legislation's efficacy will be limited and long term only.

Obviously, our poisoned political environment is going to slow down (or worse) anything major that we try to do. That appears to be the goal, for some reason. But is it possible for us all to look at this as a cultural issue? WHY is life so cheap now? HOW do people become so radicalized? WHAT pushes a damaged person over that last edge of sanity and turns them into a monster? WHEN can we step in without harming a person's liberties?

And perhaps most importantly, how can we COMMUNICATE, COLLABORATE and INNOVATE in this toxic political environment, to SAVE LIVES? Certainly we have to look at entertainment. Certainly we have to look at partisan politics from a macro perspective. Certainly we have to look at the internet. There are some things we all can consider. No?

I think MOST of our problems are cultural, directly or indirectly. This is another example. But we're tying our own hands.
Why don't you stop letting violent criminals out of prison and stop plea bargaining them and paroling them? Why don't you try something that actually would work?

I don't have a simple legislative answer for the gun problem. There are already ten kazillion guns out there, they're easily accessible by any maniac, so legislating along the fringes can only do so much. Can we do some legislating here and there? Sure, let's look at EVERYTHING. But legislation's efficacy will be limited and long term only.

Obviously, our poisoned political environment is going to slow down (or worse) anything major that we try to do. That appears to be the goal, for some reason. But is it possible for us all to look at this as a cultural issue? WHY is life so cheap now? HOW do people become so radicalized? WHAT pushes a damaged person over that last edge of sanity and turns them into a monster? WHEN can we step in without harming a person's liberties?

And perhaps most importantly, how can we COMMUNICATE, COLLABORATE and INNOVATE in this toxic political environment, to SAVE LIVES? Certainly we have to look at entertainment. Certainly we have to look at partisan politics from a macro perspective. Certainly we have to look at the internet. There are some things we all can consider. No?

I think MOST of our problems are cultural, directly or indirectly. This is another example. But we're tying our own hands.

And to answer your question (you did ask)...its because politics equals power for a certain group. Americans have been trained, as a diversion, that politics is the answer to everything and greater Federal control equals greater happiness.
They have been trained that philosophical questions or moral questions are irrelevant..only governing questions are relevant.
Brainwashed would be a better description I suppose.
And remember the Democrat motto..."never let a crisis go to waste". If we solved our cultural issues....if we were to succeed even while the liberals attacked viciously to undo whatever efforts we were taking to solve it...then how would they gain?

Beto Orourke is right now in El Paso speaking to, I shit you not, what he is calling his "binational nation". He has been dancing on those graves until he must be exhausted by now. They all have.

You are a smart guy. Take a logical, legal approach. Ask yourself Cui Bono? Who benefits? From the time of Cicero this question has helped men of good will tease out the perp.
El Paso is "binational." You did hear that six or seven of the shoppers killed in WalMart were from across the border in Mexico? People are back and forth from both countries all the time.
I live on the border with Canada, and it is the same here. We have shoppers from Canada at our local Walmart all the time and Americans are in St. Stephen just as often. There is an annual International Festival to celebrate the "binational" state of affairs. Somehow, the Candians don't upset us.
That's because the Canadians aren't traveling in convoys to come here and bleed us dry. Funny how your kind always leave out pertinent facts. Always.

I don't have a simple legislative answer for the gun problem. There are already ten kazillion guns out there, and they're easily accessible by any maniac. So legislating along the fringes can only do so much. Can we do some legislating here and there? Sure, let's look at EVERYTHING. But legislation's efficacy will be limited and long term only.

Why don't you stop letting violent criminals out of prison and stop plea bargaining them and paroling them? Why don't you try something that actually would work?
Huh? I do what?

Do you EVER make sense?

I opened up a thread about how intelligent the liberals were when it came to assault rifles and not one of them participated in my survey. You guys are worthless.

Forum List

Back