Why be a conservative?

RightyTighty

VIP Member
Mar 19, 2017
Living rent free in Bear513's tiny mind.
Since we had so much fun with why be a liberal, let's have a bit of fairness doctrine. So, why be a conservative and just what are you conserving?
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJMAAAAJGE1MmM5YzM5LTVjNDAtNDMyMi05ODFmLTA2ZmMxZWU5NWYxZA.jpg

i'm Conservative mainly because i believe in a strongest military possible even at great expense , strong exclusionary borders , USA Sovereignty and Independence and the smallest amount of laws , rules and regulations on the American person RTighty !!

what would be conserved , well the American persons independent way of life would be conserved RTighty .

I'm a conservative because I realized long ago that liberals considered my family and friends to be the problem. Also, they wanted to blame America for the COld War and wanted to give up, and not ever try to resist the soviets.

i'm Conservative mainly because i believe in a strongest military possible even at great expense , strong exclusionary borders , USA Sovereignty and Independence and the smallest amount of laws , rules and regulations on the American person RTighty !!

I find it interesting that the military was your first pick. Explain how the expansion of a government force touts conservatism.

I am a Conservative because I think the United Stated is the greatest country ever established in the history of this planet and I can find no reason to turn it into another Greece, France, Mexico or Venezuela, simply because there are things about it which are not perfect.

It has been long called the Land of Opportunity.

There is no reason to turn it into The Land of Opportunity to Get Free Shit by Borrowing money our Children Will Have To Pay Back.

• Banned
I am a Conservative because I think the United Stated is the greatest country ever established in the history of this planet and I can find no reason to turn it into another Greece, France, Mexico or Venezuela, simply because there are things about it which are not perfect.

It has been long called the Land of Opportunity.

There is no reason to turn it into The Land of Opportunity to Get Free Shit by Borrowing money our Children Will Have To Pay Back.
Way too late for that one.

The roots of conservatism:

William Bradford, The Puritan Ethic, & The Mayflower Compact

"The focus of the Puritan doctrine was not only the belief in the sovereignty of God and the dependence of man entirely on God for salvation, but the importance of the individual’s personal religious experience through purification of self and society. This is the Puritan Ethic: Strict self-discipline and devotion to God and church, accompanied by contempt for sinful pleasures and luxuries. It is an ethic that lends itself well to a group of settlers about to face some of the harshest living conditions of their lives (Bowden)."

Thanks be to God for the Enlightenment which followed (somewhat sarcastic, as an agnostic I hedge my bets).

Since we had so much fun with why be a liberal, let's have a bit of fairness doctrine. So, why be a conservative and just what are you conserving?

We are trying to save the founding ideas of this country.....codified in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We are trying to preserve freedom of the individual, by trying to limit the power of government at all levels, since history shows the more powerful a government the more abusive it becomes......

I find it interesting that the military was your first pick. Explain how the expansion of a government force touts conservatism.

A military controlled by a civilian government is one of the needed aspects of a central government. And since it is separated from ruling the country by civilian leadership, the rule of law and having it's budget controlled by the civilians, and a 2nd Amendment allowing citizens to have the same weapons as the standard infantry soldier...we have checks to keep it under control. There are enemies in the world who will use their militaries to take what they want...our military is no different from our police forces......

That the left fails to realize this is another example that they are insane.

The roots of conservatism:

William Bradford, The Puritan Ethic, & The Mayflower Compact

"The focus of the Puritan doctrine was not only the belief in the sovereignty of God and the dependence of man entirely on God for salvation, but the importance of the individual’s personal religious experience through purification of self and society. This is the Puritan Ethic: Strict self-discipline and devotion to God and church, accompanied by contempt for sinful pleasures and luxuries. It is an ethic that lends itself well to a group of settlers about to face some of the harshest living conditions of their lives (Bowden)."

Thanks be to God for the Enlightenment which followed (somewhat sarcastic, as an agnostic I hedge my bets).

The Enlightenment did follow the Mayflower Compact. And was a driving force in the ideas and Ideals of the Founding Fathers and the Declaration of Independence, and the very idea of a Constitutional Republic.

Which is primarily what American conservatives are dedicated to conserving.

Odd of you to imply otherwise.

We are trying to save the founding ideas of this country.....codified in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We are trying to preserve freedom of the individual, by trying to limit the power of government at all levels, since history shows the more powerful a government the more abusive it becomes......
Fine, but what's the "conservative" position on say, Public Education (which the Founders supported)?

I'm a conservative because I grew up.
Did you now? Alright, what's the "conservative" position on say, Social Security?

We shouldn't have it......individuals need to keep their own money and save it for their retirement.....and form private groups to provide for their welfare as a back up......the federal government did not keep our money in a special account for our retirement...the politicians have turned it into a panzi scheme, and in the real world, they should be in jail for what they did.

Did you now? Alright, what's the "conservative" position on say, Social Security?

We shouldn't have it......individuals need to keep their own money and save it for their retirement.....and form private groups to provide for their welfare as a back up......the federal government did not keep our money in a special account for our retirement...the politicians have turned it into a panzi scheme, and in the real world, they should be in jail for what they did.
Hmmm, well that would be the reactionary position (turn back the clock based on ideology), what's the conservative position?

And it's Ponzi scheme BTW, and he got rich so, who is getting rich off of Social Security?

Should be up to the people to decide on retirement. If my money taken for 45 years now had been in the market I'd be retired now. Thanks libs! But it will be worse for the young, they won't be able to retire until they are 70 or older.

Forum List

Back