Why be a conservative?

Also, conservative women are prettier and FAR better in bed. Ask yourself why that's so.

Answer: Liberals are emotional wrecks and selfish.

I was missing the money they took, dumbfuck. You had a cushy government job with a retirement package.

30 workers supported SS when it was introduced and people didn't live long after on average. Now it's less that 3 workers supporting people that live much longer. So tell us Econ professor, how the math works out unless they tax the shit out of the younger generation?
That, and raise the retirement age, and lower the benefits, and means-test it.

Is that what was done with public employee retirement systems?

Nope, hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars were given to bail them out.

$224 billion to Cal-PERS

Civil Servants: The New Unlikely 'Fat Cats'?

You of course couldn't meet the MQ's to secure a good job with benefits. As for a cushy job, you, as usual don't know a damn thing about what a government job entails. The employees are no different in the private sector than those in the public. And many gov't jobs mirror the private sector jobs.

Being stupid, and an asshole, are problems for you normal people don't experience.
I've worked for many government agencies and many of those I dealt with were not employable in the private sector.

Sure you did. What agencies and in what capacity.

I provided technical assistance to both the State and Federal Dept of Justice and collaborated with the FBI on training our officers in interviewing and interrogations.
Yes, you mentioned you were an IA rat before but I also served 4 years in the military, grew up a military brat, din civil service for 3.5 years and worked with numerous local, city, state and federal agencies so am no stranger to government employees. Bu I'm not seeking your validation, I know which end of the spectrum you fall into.

i'm Conservative mainly because i believe in a strongest military possible even at great expense , strong exclusionary borders , USA Sovereignty and Independence and the smallest amount of laws , rules and regulations on the American person RTighty !!

I find it interesting that the military was your first pick. Explain how the expansion of a government force touts conservatism.

/---- because national defense is the primary role of the Government, you tool.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
-------------------------------------------------- yep , as Cellblock2429 says National Defense is the primary role of USA Government . Plus , without USA Military Russia and Putin or the Chinese , Mexico might be in the USA ordering us about . Heck , resources from an untapped USA plus territory is why the Brits wanted the USA a couple hundred years ago and nothing has changed as far as human and government nature AAronland .

That, and raise the retirement age, and lower the benefits, and means-test it.

Is that what was done with public employee retirement systems?

Nope, hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars were given to bail them out.

$224 billion to Cal-PERS

Civil Servants: The New Unlikely 'Fat Cats'?

You of course couldn't meet the MQ's to secure a good job with benefits. As for a cushy job, you, as usual don't know a damn thing about what a government job entails. The employees are no different in the private sector than those in the public. And many gov't jobs mirror the private sector jobs.

Being stupid, and an asshole, are problems for you normal people don't experience.
I've worked for many government agencies and many of those I dealt with were not employable in the private sector.

Sure you did. What agencies and in what capacity.

I provided technical assistance to both the State and Federal Dept of Justice and collaborated with the FBI on training our officers in interviewing and interrogations.

Yes, you mentioned you were an IA rat before but I also served 4 years in the military, grew up a military brat, din civil service for 3.5 years and worked with numerous local, city, state and federal agencies so am no stranger to government employees. Bu I'm not seeking your validation, I know which end of the spectrum you fall into.

"IA Rat"? I hated the job, but learned a great deal about human nature, and HR in general. I got out with my next promotion and was happy as can be for the last five years.

Conservative means taking personal responsibility and good values. Including traditional values.

Liberal, at least today means the desire that responsibility is shifted toward the government and poor values. Add snowflakes and you have a liberal.

So to answer your question, that's why.

One major difference between the two parties is that conservatives are individualists while liberals are all for one and one for all.

We conservatives don't need a village. When we have children they are from couples and not single-mothers. In many cases, the couple is married first. When we do decide to have children, we make sure we are financially sound before starting a family. When we need something, we work for it instead of asking government to provide us with things.

Liberals on the other hand look at this country like one big giant commune. Some go out and work to bring money back to the commune, some go out and get food, others stay home, have babies and smoke pot. When one doesn't have enough, it's because another has too much. If you do bring back money or food, it's to be divided equally among everybody.

The problem with the liberal philosophy is that they believe when one moves ahead, everybody should move ahead. But if everybody moved ahead the same distance at the same time, nobody gets ahead.

i'm Conservative mainly because i believe in a strongest military possible even at great expense , strong exclusionary borders , USA Sovereignty and Independence and the smallest amount of laws , rules and regulations on the American person RTighty !!

I find it interesting that the military was your first pick. Explain how the expansion of a government force touts conservatism.
----------------------------------------- without the military America would be easy pickings for other nations friend or foe AAron .

And we spend 10 times more on our military than they do. How much more should we spend?

Conservative means taking personal responsibility and good values. Including traditional values.

Liberal, at least today means the desire that responsibility is shifted toward the government and poor values. Add snowflakes and you have a liberal.

So to answer your question, that's why.

One major difference between the two parties is that conservatives are individualists while liberals are all for one and one for all.

We conservatives don't need a village. When we have children they are from couples and not single-mothers. In many cases, the couple is married first. When we do decide to have children, we make sure we are financially sound before starting a family. When we need something, we work for it instead of asking government to provide us with things.

Liberals on the other hand look at this country like one big giant commune. Some go out and work to bring money back to the commune, some go out and get food, others stay home, have babies and smoke pot. When one doesn't have enough, it's because another has too much. If you do bring back money or food, it's to be divided equally among everybody.

The problem with the liberal philosophy is that they believe when one moves ahead, everybody should move ahead. But if everybody moved ahead the same distance at the same time, nobody gets ahead.

Ray, you make way too much sense. Now you're gonna shut the thread down...haha
You're a metaphorical genius.

All workers matter. Well, not to Trump and Co.

You're the one wanting to take retirement away from anyone who isn't a government worker.

Stupid comment of the month ^^^. Enron ring a bell?

Some private workers get zero in retirement except for their SS Check, and assholes like you and the GOP want to take that away and replace it with investments. Investments which require fees and no guarantees. Banks and Insurance companies and brokers of all kinds (Bernie Madoff ring a bell) will profit from the investors hard earned money with no guarantee.

Do you know the difference between a Broker and a Fiduciary?

Enron? Does Solyndra?

Neither one has the slightest fucking thing to do with Social Security or denying returns to those who have paid in.

----------------------------------------- without the military America would be easy pickings for other nations friend or foe AAron .

And we spend 10 times more on our military than they do. How much more should we spend?
/----- Enough to make it work. I'm sure there is plenty of waste in the Military but rooting it out won't be easy. I have friends and relatives who were in the Army and they told stories of waste that would make you sick. Ammo being spent after training exercises so no one has to pack it up and bring it back to the depot. Trucks with dry rotted tires that the privates had to paint with black enamel so they looked new. It goes on and on.

Forum List

Back