Why be a conservative?

I'm a conservative because I grew up.
Did you now? Alright, what's the "conservative" position on say, Social Security?

We shouldn't have it......individuals need to keep their own money and save it for their retirement.....and form private groups to provide for their welfare as a back up......the federal government did not keep our money in a special account for our retirement...the politicians have turned it into a panzi scheme, and in the real world, they should be in jail for what they did.
Hmmm, well that would be the reactionary position (turn back the clock based on ideology), what's the conservative position?

And it's Ponzi scheme BTW, and he got rich so, who is getting rich off of Social Security?
Going back to the Constitution is reactionary to you?

LOL!!!!!!!!

Did you now? Alright, what's the "conservative" position on say, Social Security?

We shouldn't have it......individuals need to keep their own money and save it for their retirement.....and form private groups to provide for their welfare as a back up......the federal government did not keep our money in a special account for our retirement...the politicians have turned it into a panzi scheme, and in the real world, they should be in jail for what they did.
Hmmm, well that would be the reactionary position (turn back the clock based on ideology), what's the conservative position?

And it's Ponzi scheme BTW, and he got rich so, who is getting rich off of Social Security?

LOL!!!!!!!!
The Constitution says nothing about Social Security, the FBI, the CIA, or the FAA. If you want to get rid of any of those you aren't being conservative you are being - reactionary.

Should be up to the people to decide on retirement. If my money taken for 45 years now had been in the market I'd be retired now. Thanks libs! But it will be worse for the young, they won't be able to retire until they are 70 or older.
Not a conservative position and the retirement age should be almost 80 now.

The roots of conservatism:

William Bradford, The Puritan Ethic, & The Mayflower Compact

"The focus of the Puritan doctrine was not only the belief in the sovereignty of God and the dependence of man entirely on God for salvation, but the importance of the individual’s personal religious experience through purification of self and society. This is the Puritan Ethic: Strict self-discipline and devotion to God and church, accompanied by contempt for sinful pleasures and luxuries. It is an ethic that lends itself well to a group of settlers about to face some of the harshest living conditions of their lives (Bowden)."

Thanks be to God for the Enlightenment which followed (somewhat sarcastic, as an agnostic I hedge my bets).

The Enlightenment did follow the Mayflower Compact. And was a driving force in the ideas and Ideals of the Founding Fathers and the Declaration of Independence, and the very idea of a Constitutional Republic.

Which is primarily what American conservatives are dedicated to conserving.

Odd of you to imply otherwise.

I didn't imply it, I stated it affirmatively which is why I underlined it. BTW, we live in a democratic republic to imply otherwise is to revise 200 + years of voting, and to ignore that implication in the 15th, 17th and later amendments affirming voting which is democracy in action.

Once again an effort by a conservative to revise history by parroting a meme.

I am neither Conservative nor Liberal. I realized BOTH ideologies won't do what's required to save America and those it was intended for so its pointless.

SS is a scam where the government takes part of your pay and then dictates when you will be allowed to retire. A free citizen should be able to invest that money how they see fit and take it out when they decide they want it. The worst part about SS though is the keep moving your retirement date further back in the hope that you will die before you get any of it. Then the glorious government gets to keep it all. It reduces the amount you could leave for your wife after you're gone. It reduces what you can leave your kids.

Should be up to the people to decide on retirement. If my money taken for 45 years now had been in the market I'd be retired now. Thanks libs! But it will be worse for the young, they won't be able to retire until they are 70 or older.

If your money taken over 45 years existed, and most of it didn't disappear in Oct. 2008; the money taken in payroll tax was spent every year on others, and will be there in the future for you, if Wall Street isn't able to get the GOP to make sure it goes broke.

If you planned ahead you would have been able to retire "by now"

SS is a scam where the government takes part of your pay and then dictates when you will be allowed to retire. A free citizen should be able to invest that money how they see fit and take it out when they decide they want it. The worst part about SS though is the keep moving your retirement date further back in the hope that you will die before you get any of it. Then the glorious government gets to keep it all. It reduces the amount you could leave for your wife after you're gone. It reduces what you can leave your kids.
That's the dogma. Now, what is a conservative position?

And pay in and die before retirement is a big help.

Who the hell are you to decide that?

If your money taken over 45 years existed, and most of it didn't disappear in Oct. 2008; the money taken in payroll tax was spent every year on others, and will be there in the future for you, if Wall Street isn't able to get the GOP to make sure it goes broke.

If you planned ahead you would have been able to retire "by now"
Retirement = death. I will die with a hammer in my hand I hope.

A very smart liberal who knows demographics and what is and isn't conservative.

Since we had so much fun with why be a liberal, let's have a bit of fairness doctrine. So, why be a conservative and just what are you conserving?
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJMAAAAJGE1MmM5YzM5LTVjNDAtNDMyMi05ODFmLTA2ZmMxZWU5NWYxZA.jpg

We are trying to save the founding ideas of this country.....codified in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We are trying to preserve freedom of the individual, by trying to limit the power of government at all levels, since history shows the more powerful a government the more abusive it becomes......
Fine, but what's the "conservative" position on say, Public Education (which the Founders supported)?

If we are going to have public education....then get it out from under the control of the government.....allow the people to send their kids to whatever school they want their children to go to...just like we do with the college system and government loans. Vouchers allow the individual families to educate their children in the best way possible.

The position? Leave me and my money out of your stupid scam. I'll do fine by myself thanks.

Dying before you get to use any of your retirement helps who? Sure as hell not your wife you left behind who now gets nothing.

I think of it as "a return to common sense"
Big fan of common sense. What's the conservative position on say, induced abortion (and keeping the need for that down)?

Abortion is murder. The only time it isn't murder is when the mother will die, or both the mother and baby will die if the baby is carried to term......then the abortion is an act of triage....trying to save one life where both will die.

LOL!!!!!!!!
The Constitution says nothing about Social Security, the FBI, the CIA, or the FAA. If you want to get rid of any of those you aren't being conservative you are being - reactionary.
You just contradicted yourself.

The position? Leave me and my money out of your stupid scam. I'll do fine by myself thanks.

Dying before you get to use any of your retirement helps who? Sure as hell not your wife you left behind who now gets nothing.
It helps the Social Security administration. And there is a conservative (not reactionary) position so, what is it?

It isn't reactionary.......ending a failed program is fixing a problem.......

The politicians who control all the money coming in for social security. They spent all of it, and dole out money coming in for the smallest amount possible......

I think of it as "a return to common sense"
Big fan of common sense. What's the conservative position on say, induced abortion (and keeping the need for that down)?

Abortion is murder. The only time it isn't murder is when the mother will die, or both the mother and baby will die if the baby is carried to term......then the abortion is an act of triage....trying to save one life where both will die.
Right off the bat, not conservative.

A very smart liberal who knows demographics and what is and isn't conservative.

Not really just a lying liberal "smoke screen for ignorance" propagandist.

Forum List

Back