Why Benghazi Matters

Libya is not Canada, that tragedy is not uncommon there. Benghazi is a nonissue this election, the president's handling of this disaster will be what gives Obama the easy victory. It was close, I admit, but this week will be Mitt's undoing, finito.

It's not about what is common or uncommon in Libya. It's about a decision made by this Administration to not rescue Americans under fire in an American consulate because it was "too risky".

They let them die.

Not everyone listens to and absorbs Rush Limbaugh. Benghazi will have zero effect at the polls. It's already over, Romney is looking more and more incompetent while Obama is looking better than ever. Kinda makes the earlier "Romney Momentum" look like a joke now.

It was already ending by the time the Romney camp and all its Con supporters even started using the word "momentum".

Benghazi is a nonissue this election and the president's handling of this disaster is more than he needed to clinch the 2nd term. Romney acts completely lost/clueless all of a sudden.

You think Benghazi is a none issue?? You also think because he got FEMA to aid in a hurricane he's a shoe in for Prez??

Wow are you deluded.

The economy still sucks. UE is 7.8% which is a load of shit. Its actually around 14%. We still have a debt and deficit through the roof and Barrys total bag of lies over Benghazi is still on the news and is still a topic of discussion.

Last I heard Romney isn't POTUS yet. Barry still bears that title and man what a waste of breath that guy is.

His administration let four good men die because they didn't want to hurt Libyas feelings?? My god. Those guys fought a 7 hour battle waiting for help that didn't come.

As far as I'm concerned Barry isn't worth the sweat of those mens balls and the job I have in mind for him concerns the rear end of my horse.

Benghazi -- No Mere 'October Surprise'​

By: Jonah Goldberg
Benghazi -- No Mere 'October Surprise' - Jonah Goldberg - [page]
Oct 31, 2012

If you want to understand why conservatives have lost faith in the so-called mainstream media, you need to ponder the question: Where is the Benghazi feeding frenzy?
Unlike some of my colleagues on the right, I don't think there's a conspiracy at work. Rather, I think journalists tend to act on their instincts (some even brag about this; you could look it up). And, collectively, the mainstream media's instincts run liberal, making groupthink inevitable.

In 2000, a Democratic operative orchestrated an "October surprise" attack on George W. Bush, revealing that 24 years earlier, he'd been arrested for drunk driving. The media went into a feeding frenzy. "Is all the 24-hour coverage of Bush's 24-year-old DUI arrest the product of a liberal media almost drunk on the idea of sinking him, or is it a legitimate, indeed unavoidable news story?" asked Howard Kurtz in a segment for his CNN show "Reliable Sources." The consensus among the guests: It wasn't a legitimate news story. But the media kept going with it.

One could go on and on. In September 2004, former CBS titan Dan Rather gambled his entire career on a story about Bush's service in the National Guard. His instincts were so powerful, he didn't thoroughly check the documents he relied on, which were forgeries. In 2008, the media feeding frenzy over John McCain's running mate, Sarah Palin, was so ludicrous it belonged in a Tom Wolfe novel. Over the last couple of years, the mainstream media has generally treated Occupy Wall Street as idealistic, the "tea parties" as racist and terrifying.

To be sure, there have been conservative feeding frenzies: about Barack Obama's pastor, John Kerry's embellishments of his war record, etc. But the mainstream media usually has tasked itself with the duty of debunking and dispelling such "hysteria."
Last week, Fox News correspondent Jennifer Griffin reported that sources on the ground in Libya say they pleaded for support during the attack on the Benghazi consulate that led to the deaths of four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens. They were allegedly told twice to "stand down." Worse, there are suggestions that there were significant military resources available to counterattack, but requests for help were denied.

If true, the White House's concerted effort to blame the attack on a video crumbles, as do several other fraudulent claims. Yet, last Friday, the president boasted that "the minute I found out what was happening" in Benghazi, he ordered that everything possible be done to protect our personnel. That is either untrue, or he's being disobeyed on grave matters.

This isn't an "October surprise" foisted on the media by opposition research; it's news.

Well, that's the thing, isn't it? If Obama gave the order to do whatever possible to save those guys, there would be a paper trail proving it. And if he gave that order and it wasn't obeyed... why aren't we seeing action taken against whoever refused that order? :eusa_eh:

Well, that's the thing, isn't it? If Obama gave the order to do whatever possible to save those guys, there would be a paper trail proving it. And if he gave that order and it wasn't obeyed... why aren't we seeing action taken against whoever refused that order? :eusa_eh:

We also have a General who wasn't prepared to "stand down" and was inmmediately relieved of command. I'd like to see the paper trail on that bullshit.

I don't think Benghazi is going away nor should it.

I think the real question, if this is true is more over what a GUNSHIP would do..

Vaporize the entire embassy, with our people in it?

No, where did you get such a stupid idea?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJjRQLbiEyg]Call of duty 4 - AC130 - YouTube[/ame]

Standard Disclaimer: Yes, it's from COD4, but well demonstrates how this thing works.

so then... you MISSED the clips of how they ACTUALLY work... you know... live fire?

they don't work like COD.

1. It demonstrates the failure of our appeasement towards hostile Muslim countries.

2. It demonstrates the unconscionable elevation of politics over protection of American citizens.

3. It demonstrates pervasive corruption/coverup throughout the Executive Branch of our government.

4. It demonstrates the pervasive corruption of journalism in our mainstream media.

5. It demonstrates the corruption of political partisans who support their candidate no matter what harm is done to their country.

Isn't it interesting that not one of the above points has been disputed, much less refuted?

1. It demonstrates the failure of our appeasement towards hostile Muslim countries.

2. It demonstrates the unconscionable elevation of politics over protection of American citizens.

3. It demonstrates pervasive corruption/coverup throughout the Executive Branch of our government.

4. It demonstrates the pervasive corruption of journalism in our mainstream media.

5. It demonstrates the corruption of political partisans who support their candidate no matter what harm is done to their country.

I think the right has overplayed its hand on this one. The American people can recognize the cynical usage of death for poltical gain when they see it. They're a lot more likely to take the word of Panetta, Powell and Rice than any number of ultra-CON blowhards.

And the American people can especially recognize either:

An inept "community organizer", in way over his head as America's Commander-In-Chief, and grasping at straws for an excuse.

or:

An inept "community organizer" actually serving at the behest of or at the very least in bed with the "Muslim brotherhood" and who stood by and ordered a "stand down" of our available forces to STOP the ATTACK when the opportunity was still there to save the lives of our ambassador and the military personnel in that compound.

Osama bin-Obama is a snake.

zyglia20121026a_low.jpg

Yep...four (4) unnecessarily dead Americans at the hands of the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD and the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES...NOT EXACTLY A MOLE HILL.

Lady, and I use the term loosely, you are a REAL BITCH.

All right. Here is what really happened in Benghazi. I have this from a reliable source in the comments section of a right wing oriented blog I read.

Ambassador Christopher Stevens and President Barack Obama were in a homosexual love triangle with Border Patrol agent Brian Terry. Stevens blamed Obama for Terry's death and was "going to blow the lid off" the Fast & Furious scandal. His inside information was going to bring down the whole Obama Administration, and possibly result in Obama serving some hard time.

Obama's homosexuality explains why he sends Michelle on so many taxpayer-paid vacations and why he spends so much time on the golf course to get away from her. Tales of "big gay orgies" in the country club locker room have been making the rounds of the Secret Service for years.

Obama decided the best way to solve his problems was to send Stevens to the most dangerous place in the world with the hopes his Muslim brothers would "do the right thing" and kill Stevens for him.

But the Muslims "had bigger fish to fry" what with trying to take over the entire Middle East through revolution in Syria and Egypt and Libya.

Obama became frustrated with their slowness to do his ex-lover in. The situation became completely untenable for him when, as an inside joke about Libya's Qaddafi, Stevens began daily threatening "the mother of all October Surprises" which would hand Romney an "election bombshell" on a silver platter.

Stevens knew he was "a big, fat target" and kept requesting protection through back channels, but Obama was well wired into the back channels since he had been personally overseeing drone attacks "since Day One" of his Administration and the military was loyal to him. And over at the State Department, the "dyke of diplomacy", Hillary Clinton, had her own beef with Stevens for threatening to drag her down with Obama by exposing her love affair with Condi Rice. So she also cock-blocked all protection requests by Stevens.

As October drew closer and closer, Obama decided to take matters into his own hands, using his fellow Muslims as cover for his own personal assassination plot.

As one person in the White House situation room admitted, Obama said, "That bastard has been on my kill list for too long. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself."

Obama then personally commandeered the Predator drone flying over the consulate and shot a Hellfire missile into the consulate wall, creating a hole for the "terrorists" to enter the compound and take out Stevens. To add insult to injury, Obama had the "terrorists" gang rape Stevens' body.

To cover his tracks further, in subsequent days Obama alternated between the fictions of an anti-Muslim video and a terrorist attack to sow confusion in the public discourse over the matter.

He was "greatly amused" over the back and forth arguing over whether the killing was because of the video or because it was a terrorist attack. No one ever suspected it was something else entirely.

This will all be coming out in Judge Neopolitano's tell-all book Wake The Fuck Up, Sheep!

A+ :lol:

I knew it was a conspiracy.

I am going to tell this to my friends, I will be sure to distort it even more when I tell it to them. Maybe I should make some poorly photoshopped images that miss the mark as well.

/Seriously funny though.

Well it seems we're at an empasse here. I don't think there's enough information available to make an intelligent evaluation of the situation nor do I see a reason to attack the President over this. You people are jumping up and down in outrage on the latest right wing anti-Obama trend that'll be replaced in a few weeks by some new outrage.

The only "impasse" going on here is the inability of you Obama supporters to think critically... Fact vs. Liberal brain, or lack thereof.

This thing was a fuck-up from start to finish and at every step along the way. And the idea that this administration is going to get another chance to "investigate" itself and find itself completely innocent of any wrongdoing like they did with Fast & Furious is wishful thinking.
WE DON'T LEAVE OUR OWN PEOPLE BEHIND IN A FIREFIGHT. And that's what they did.

It was the anniversary of 9/11 for pete's sake. There had already been requests for additional security but those requests were denied. When we woke up on 9/12, four of our people were dead, Obama did a little speech in the Rose Garden, an interview for 60 Minutes, and then took off to Vegas for a stump speech. In the weeks that followed, he and his cronies pointed to this video as the reason why it had happened, but there were no protesters on the ground in Benghazi and they had REAL TIME video and communications on the ground to know it. Meanwhile back at the ranch, we've got John McCain telling us that on the anniversary of 9/11, we didn't even have our assets in the region at Alert status... and he's on all the right committees to know:
McCain accuses Pentagon of being unprepared to respond to Libya attack | Fox News

Now, you fuckers can whine and cry all you want about how unfair it is that all this shit is coming out right before an election, but bear in mind that if Barack Obama wasn't INCOMPETENT at his job, you wouldn't be scratching your heads right now trying to think up some excuse for him. If he'd have done the right thing at any step along the line, you'd have something to work with... but, no. He fucked it up from beginning to end.

Good post and it hits the nail right on the head.

If Barry had given the orders to do all to assist these men then how come that didn't happen?

Hell. General Hamm was ready and willing to lend support but was relieved of duty because he wasn't prepared to "stand down." I'd love to see the paper trail on that bullshit.

Its funny how those four dead mean don't seem to mean a lot to the Obama supporters on this board. Nothing but collateral damage in their eyes. Getting that fuck re-elected is way more important than four American lives. Good God.

I can't even imagine the thoughts running through the minds of those three men as they fought a seven hour battle for their lives. Knowing their Govt let them down and let them die.

Last edited:
Benghazi matters because it showed to American people and the world, how ingrained and deep is the culture of lies from this Oba-boom-boom Administration.

The culture of lies is what Mr. Sketch is all about. It's really all he has left. Lie as much as possible and hope to get the stupid red-neck voters so pissed off at the n&%#er in the white house that they will have to vote.

Yep...four (4) unnecessarily dead Americans at the hands of the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD and the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES...NOT EXACTLY A MOLE HILL.

If this were 2013 or 2011, it wouldn't even register. As per usual, right wing loons are just trying to smear their President. It's expected, it's played, it's old; nobody cares. See Fast and Furious...somehow that never gets brought up anymore and that was going to "bring down" Obama.

Been there, done that, we know how the play ends.

Isn't it interesting that not one of the above points has been disputed, much less refuted?

How do you refute dumb as dirt stupidity?

If this were 2013 or 2011, it wouldn't even register. As per usual, right wing loons are just trying to smear their President. It's expected, it's played, it's old; nobody cares. See Fast and Furious...somehow that never gets brought up anymore and that was going to "bring down" Obama.

Been there, done that, we know how the play ends.

YOUR president (community organizer) bitch.

Forum List

Back