Why can't black America let slavery go already?

Just a observation I have seen not only hear but in print and on tv that basically white people should not be commenting on how black people should deal with racism, crime, poverty whatever because they don't know what it's like to be black. Using that logic no one should comment on or offer opinions to anyone other than those who are the same race and gender as they are.

Comment all they want....but it's pretty silly....just like my purposely silly comment about Jews needing to get over the Holocaust......something that went right over Yurt's head.

Your comment was meant to be silly ok fine but I find it pretty silly to basically dismiss serious comments, opinions, or ideas, from people on racial issues because their white on women's issues because your man, on poverty because your not poor. I have lost track of how many times I have heard someone say so and so has no right to speak out on this or that because they or not the right race, gender whatever it seems to me that is not the best way to go about solving a problem.

My relatives were slaves more recently than theirs and nobody owes me anything. In fact, my great grandmother was a Jewish slave in Poland.......She died a wealthy woman.

The slavery/human rights issues the blacks and their leaders cling to is nothing but an excuse. If things are to improve for "African Americans", THEY need to move on and take responsibility for THEIR actions.

STFU. Black America does not let go because White America won't let go.

What nonsense! The majority of Black Americans have let go of the hate and perceived victimhood, and are getting on with their lives quite nicely. Hate always hurts the hater more than the hated.

If one has an excuse for failure, even if it is a false excuse, they are more likely to fail.

Just a observation I have seen not only hear but in print and on tv that basically white people should not be commenting on how black people should deal with racism, crime, poverty whatever because they don't know what it's like to be black. Using that logic no one should comment on or offer opinions to anyone other than those who are the same race and gender as they are.

Comment all they want....but it's pretty silly....just like my purposely silly comment about Jews needing to get over the Holocaust......something that went right over Yurt's head.

Your comment was meant to be silly ok fine but I find it pretty silly to basically dismiss serious comments, opinions, or ideas, from people on racial issues because their white on women's issues because your man, on poverty because your not poor. I have lost track of how many times I have heard someone say so and so has no right to speak out on this or that because they or not the right race, gender whatever it seems to me that is not the best way to go about solving a problem.
Telling a group of people to "get over" 250+ years of institutionalized slavery with another 100 years of pseudo-slavery.......why is this not laughed at IMMEDIATELY as totally silly?

The Japanese should get over Nagasaki.

The Chinese should get over the Rape of Nanking.

The Sioux should get over Wounded Knee.

The Japanese Americans should get over WWII Internment Camps.

A good start....I feel so much better now.

THEY did
The subject at hand is the ONLY one complaining.
Move on!

My relatives were slaves more recently than theirs and nobody owes me anything. In fact, my great grandmother was a Jewish slave in Poland.......She died a wealthy woman.

The slavery/human rights issues the blacks and their leaders cling to is nothing but an excuse. If things are to improve for "African Americans", THEY need to move on and take responsibility for THEIR actions.

STFU. Black America does not let go because White America won't let go.

What nonsense! The majority of Black Americans have let go of the hate and perceived victimhood, and are getting on with their lives quite nicely. Hate always hurts the hater more than the hated.

If one has an excuse for failure, even if it is a false excuse, they are more likely to fail.

I wonder how many here would acknowledge that......

Telling a group of people to "get over" 250+ years of institutionalized slavery with another 100 years of pseudo-slavery.......why is this not laughed at IMMEDIATELY as totally silly?

They
didn't have shit to do with it. They are GOLDEN now. A lot better than Africa, ey?
You don't hear white people screaming at the muslims for their enslavement of them 250 years ago, do ya? Guess fucking what. They don't have shit to do with that. They have moved on!

The Japanese should get over Nagasaki.

The Chinese should get over the Rape of Nanking.

The Sioux should get over Wounded Knee.

The Japanese Americans should get over WWII Internment Camps.

A good start....I feel so much better now.

THEY did
The subject at hand is the ONLY one complaining.
Move on!

Then you are not paying attention.

In Japan, they still rub American faces into Hiroshima/Nagasaki...Here, our government paid reparations for the internments (sound familiar)...Chinese/Japanese relations today are still haunted by what the Japanese did to the Chinese during WWII...and Wounded Knee is still protested over, fought over, occupied by militant groups every once in a while.

Don't tell those groups to "get over it".

They
didn't have shit to do with it. They are GOLDEN now. A lot better than Africa, ey?You don't hear white people screaming at the muslims for their enslavement of them 250 years ago, do ya? Guess fucking what. They don't have shit to do with that. They have moved on!

There it is! It was ONLY a matter of time.

LMAO...after running away and madly googling to find something to support your assertion, you now dishonestly back peddle and claim you were joking.

bullshit

you were quite serious and quite defensive in defending your statement. my bad for expecting an honest debate from you. won't let that happen again.

Why can't the Jews let the Holocaust go already?

wow...i can't believe you seriously compared the two

amazing the depravity of some people and btw...the majority have, you don't see jews complaining about the holocaust and how it still ruins their lives. so not only are you a liar, you're despicable.

If you cannot see the comparison....you lose.

If you cannot see the comparison....you lose.

please explain the comparison of genocide to slavery

Wait....you don't think slavery was genocide? Shall we just forget those millions who never made it across the Middle Passage?

after being called out on her stupidity...bodecea now claims she was just joking

what a liar...you can see from just these two posts she was seriously defending her position...she finally, after madly googling, realized she was wrong and dishonestly claimed she was being silly.

pathetic.

Your talking about the OP I'm going beyond that. Now I am going to ask a serious question lets see if I can get a serious response. First and foremost I am not saying or suggesting people forget about slavery but I am asking how long should one use the sins of the past as a excuse for the problems of today? It seems many want to use the past to avoid dealing with the problems of today.

LMAO...after running away and madly googling to find something to support your assertion, you now dishonestly back peddle and claim you were joking.

bullshit

you were quite serious and quite defensive in defending your statement. my bad for expecting an honest debate from you. won't let that happen again.

I can't help it if you are unable to catch the absurdity without someone holding your hand and leading you to it, Yurt. :lol:

It was pretty funny watching you jump to it tho. I notice you still haven't had such outrage over the OP assertion. That's pretty funny too.

see post 130

anyone can go back and see how ardently you defended your position in multiple posts. yeah...that sure makes it easy to tell you're joking...further, your "joke" added nothing to the thread. why compare genocide to slavery? it doesn't even makes sense. you can't even tell a good lie that is how much you suck.

what a dishonest dumb dumb.

As long as there is a benefit to be had, blacks will never let the weapon of slavery go. No black person alive today has ever been a slave. There is really no such thing as genetic memories. If we had not had affirmative action and black people had never been paid for ancestral slavery they would have been better off.

We aren't paying the Japanese to maintain grievance over the bomb or internment and they are doing very well. It might be possible to do to black people what was done for the Sioux. Recognize a separate culture and put them on a reservation. Call it the Chicago reservation. Anyone who wants to leave can but they can't complain that there's a heart buried at Appamatox Knee.

The grievance industry can only go so far and the road is ending.

Your talking about the OP I'm going beyond that. Now I am going to ask a serious question lets see if I can get a serious response. First and foremost I am not saying or suggesting people forget about slavery but I am asking how long should one use the sins of the past as a excuse for the problems of today? It seems many want to use the past to avoid dealing with the problems of today.

This is a serious response tho it is in the form of a question.....do you really think it's that simple?

We are not just talking slavery, we are talking the ripping away of culture, religion, language, names, families for a very very long time....then another 100 years of basically treating black people like Crap. It's only been 30-40 years since then. And we still have issues with "driving while black"..."welfare queens"...etc. I bet there are many posters here who seriously believe that the MAJORITY of black people are lazy, on welfare, selling drugs, in gangs, etc. How do you work against that perception?

Long answer...sorry.

As long as there is a benefit to be had, blacks will never let the weapon of slavery go. No black person alive today has ever been a slave. There is really no such thing as genetic memories. If we had not had affirmative action and black people had never been paid for ancestral slavery they would have been better off.

We aren't paying the Japanese to maintain grievance over the bomb or internment and they are doing very well. It might be possible to do to black people what was done for the Sioux. Recognize a separate culture and put them on a reservation. Call it the Chicago reservation. Anyone who wants to leave can but they can't complain that there's a heart buried at Appamatox Knee.

The grievance industry can only go so far and the road is ending.
Watch this...

Video: Slavery Full Program | Watch Slavery by Another Name Online | PBS Video

Why should blacks take responsibility for the way white racists treated them?

Why should whites TODAY have to take responsibility for how they were treated by people long dead and gone?

Bingo

Wait....you don't think slavery was genocide? Shall we just forget those millions who never made it across the Middle Passage?

wow...you are truly not smart. genocide is the systematic and purposeful destruction (DEATH) of an entire people...slavery did not enslave all blacks and did not seek the death of an entire people. it was blacks who sold their fellow countrymen to make money.

absolutely amazing you would even compare the two. you make me sick.

Well, I expected pretty much this selective blindness from you. Pray continue telling black people how THEY should "feel" about something done to them systematically for over 250 years.

what point were you trying to make bodecea?

this should be good....

bodecea will dodge this as well...because if she answers honestly she will have to admit, she did in fact compare the holocaust to slavery and was not joking, but making a serious comparison in order to make a very sick point about the OP.

can't have it both ways....

How did she died a wealthy woman?

A lot of Jews immigrated to St. Louis. She met my great-grand father, who was a Russian Jew. They ended up in LA Ca., where he was a successful businessman.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back