Why Can't the Pro-Choice Crowd Be Honest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My position is that at the end of the day, I don't want to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body. Even if the effect of that leads to an abortion. But this right fades over time, and if a fetus is 40 weeks, I don't think an abortion should be performed.

The mother or potential mother is nothing more than a host for a PERSON WITH A BODY...

She has no right to take the life of another individual that has A BODY.

Its like a pandoras box - you understand that?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You're so worried about the mothers "body" but you never even bothered to think about the fetuses body and the fetuses right to live.

Sorry to tell you that fetuses have the right to be born and live and grow into adults just like anyone else. The mother has ZERO right to say "its my body" because its NOT her body anymore its two bodies, two separate individuals - the mother and the fetus.

So its not her body anymore - its THEIR bodies....

Geez I almost feel like Lenard Nemoi from Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), "his body, her body"

Really? Because if I check correctly, after 6 weeks, the mother can live without the fetus while the reverse isn't true. So it's not their bodies.

I mentioned earlier that I think a 40 week old fetus has rights. So I'm not sure how you conclude that I have not even bothered to think about that.

Yes it is their bodies...

Not only that but the mother has an obligation to her child...

Its almost like you pro-choice nuts are sociopaths.

It's a good question. I don't know the answer. I don't think it's 6 weeks, but I do have a problem with an abortion in the 9th month. Somewhere in between.

Would you prevent pregnant women from smoking or drinking?

You fucking serious?

The "9th month" is when you have a problem with it???

You may as well not have a problem with putting those that are early in a blender then.

Hell, I was three weeks early - I suppose according to your logic aborting me would have been fine a week after I was actually born.

Like I said, somewhere in between. Apparently your conclusion is that my magic number is 37 weeks.

And I don't think any abortion is 'fine'.

You do realize that you're advocating the abortion of infants do you not?

Why?

What changed?

The rights of the fetus increase over time.

What are you talking about?

I've heard of the Bill of Rights, I've never heard a "progressive rights."
They get the right to life when they start voting Democrat

Bullshit_by_ChristianNinja.gif

...The sad thing in this debate is that everyone is one the same side. No one gets a blast out of women having abortions: not the women, not you and not me.

I beg to differ. You and I are not on the same side of this argument.

I am pro-life and that means I fully buy-into the proposition that ALL men are CREATED equal.

And you don’t because, otherwise, you would be on this thread advocating for the unalienable rights of ALL people (including those created but not yet born).

Last edited:
...The sad thing in this debate is that everyone is one the same side. No one gets a blast out of women having abortions: not the women, not you and not me.

I am pro-life and that means I fully buy-into the proposition that ALL men are CREATED equal.

And you don’t because, otherwise, you would be on this thread advocating for the unalienable rights of ALL people (including those created but not yet born).

And we're right back to what I say, the reason why people want pro-life legislation is so they can shove their religion down everyone elses throats.

Pro-life legislation has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with murder. Pure and simple. The pro-life faction believes murder is always wrong. The pro-abortion crowd thinks it's okay to kill off the vulnerable and weak.

Pro-life legislation has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with murder. Pure and simple. The pro-life faction believes murder is always wrong. The pro-abortion crowd thinks it's okay to kill off the vulnerable and weak.

So the Founders, those you claim founded this nation on Christian principles, favored by a majority that abortion was legal.
Accordingly, the Founders believed that murder was okayand were pro abortion.
And that abortion was a Christian principle.
You are not very smart Allie.

Whatever crazy thoughts you feel you need to conjure up in that mind of yours to keep you from falling off your holier than thou perch Allie.

You're not a big fan of debate, it's all about slinging mud and telling people you're better than them.

Whatever crazy thoughts you feel you need to conjure up in that mind of yours to keep you from falling off your holier than thou perch Allie.

You're not a big fan of debate, it's all about slinging mud and telling people you're better than them.

Well I'd say this exchange shows that you're the one slinging mud...

And I'm very good at debate. Very, very good at it.

Well I'd say this exchange shows that you're the one slinging mud...

And I'm very good at debate. Very, very good at it.

I went through a lot of debating in college and never did I see a grad student or a professor push the importance of childish name-calling and that's essentially your go to card in a "debate."

And I didn't say there's legislation out there shoving religion down people's throat (though I'm sure it exists, but that's not what I was saying) I'm saying that's what many pro-lifers want, such as the poster I responded too.

At what age did what fundamental thing change that made killing you in cold blood go from being an okay thing to being a not-okay thing?

It's a good question. I don't know the answer. I don't think it's 6 weeks, but I do have a problem with an abortion in the 9th month. Somewhere in between.

I don't see an answer to the OTHER part of his question, which was "what fundamental thing" changed. Just coming up with some vague "I've decided it's bad somewhere around here, don't know when, don't know why" only serves to show how utterly vacuous your thinking on this subject actually is.

For the record, the law ALREADY penalizes women who harm their babies through ingesting dangerous substances during pregnancy, didn't you know? Social Services, or whatever it's called where you live, can and will immediately take custody of a child born with drug addictions, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, etc. from the mother at birth, as evidence of abuse and neglect.

Your entire post is based on hypothetical knee jerk emotional responses in an attempt to justify your position on abortion.

Its quite clear you never thought about the issue and are doing nothing more than regurgitating a notion that was programmed into your melon.

Its almost like you're blocking out what people are trying to tell you by reassuring yourself what you believe is right..

My position is that at the end of the day, I don't want to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body. Even if the effect of that leads to an abortion. But this right fades over time, and if a fetus is 40 weeks, I don't think an abortion should be performed.

Perhaps instead of vomiting canned responses at us, you could try addressing the issues at hand. No one is talking about the woman's body, and we never have been, and responding to "the fetus is a living, separate, distinct human being" with "I don't want to tell a woman what she can do with her body" makes every bit as much sense as if you responded with a remark about the price of coffee beans in Columbia. Capiche? Think for yourself. If we wanted talking points, we could look those up for ourselves.

Perhaps you could start by telling us WHY "this right fades over time", in your inestimable opinion. YOURS, not the Guttmacher Institute Bullet Points list, if you please.

You fucking serious?

The "9th month" is when you have a problem with it???

You may as well not have a problem with putting those that are early in a blender then.

Hell, I was three weeks early - I suppose according to your logic aborting me would have been fine a week after I was actually born.

Like I said, somewhere in between. Apparently your conclusion is that my magic number is 37 weeks.

And I don't think any abortion is 'fine'.

Really? Why not? What's wrong with it?

The mother or potential mother is nothing more than a host for a PERSON WITH A BODY...

She has no right to take the life of another individual that has A BODY.

Its like a pandoras box - you understand that?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You're so worried about the mothers "body" but you never even bothered to think about the fetuses body and the fetuses right to live.

Sorry to tell you that fetuses have the right to be born and live and grow into adults just like anyone else. The mother has ZERO right to say "its my body" because its NOT her body anymore its two bodies, two separate individuals - the mother and the fetus.

So its not her body anymore - its THEIR bodies....

Geez I almost feel like Lenard Nemoi from Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), "his body, her body"

Really? Because if I check correctly, after 6 weeks, the mother can live without the fetus while the reverse isn't true. So it's not their bodies.

I mentioned earlier that I think a 40 week old fetus has rights. So I'm not sure how you conclude that I have not even bothered to think about that.

I wasn't aware that sturdiness was a condition of life. It's certainly helpful for CONTINUING life, but it's not part of the definition of life.

And we're right back to what I say, the reason why people want pro-life legislation is so they can shove their religion down everyone elses throats.

:confused: Maybe you and I are using different versions of English, because for the life of me, I can't see a single place in his post that he mentioned religion.

"Unalienable rights" and "all men are created equal" are quotes from the US Declaration of Independence, FYI, not from the Bible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back