why do conservatives care about other peoples abortions?

Why do you infer that most abortions are performed on 'scared young girls'?
Yea I said that post wrong thats why I deleted it, when it came tI my comment thats what I remember 30 years ago, from my friends (I had a lot of girls as friends back then who got themselves in hot water)

A pregnancy is not "hot water" and they didn't get there alone.

My point is, we still have the archaic idea that men are not responsible for pregnancy. They are as much, if not more, to blame for every single abortion.

And then there's the problem of dead beat dad's.

Men are absolutely as responsible as are women for pregnancy, which is why they should equally share the decision to birth the baby or abort it. Your legality arguments are rubbish.

Why?

I could make the smart ass comment all you are doing is killing off 300,000 potential democrats a year, but I won't.

Why do you care? A right leaning supreme court said it was legal, so why care?

I don't.

All innocent human life should be protected. All innocent human life has the right to live.

Too bad you don't agree.
Ok I agree, but I am going to tell you a short story would you have done the same as I did 20 years ago in a cold Christmas eve up in chicago

Worked 12 hours and I went to the 711 to get a 12 pack of bud light and noticed a young woman in a mini van that looked like she had everything she owned, her two little girls ran out in their pajamas into the store

I took off thinking that was strange

Then it dawned on me, they didnt have no where to go, so I turned around

She told me she left her husband and waiting on a check in a few days.

So I put her and her kids in a motel room, came back a little latter with wrapped christmas gifts for her daughters, then I went home

The point of my story is liberals are right to bitch cons only care about the unborn not so much for the ones already born

Edit forgot.to say I paid for her and her daughters motel room for a week

Last edited:
Not just abortion though.

There have always been meddlers who think they should have a say in other people's business. There have always been people looking over the back fence, Peeping Tom's who disprove of what goes on in other people's bedroom and they have always had excuses for why they should have control of others.

Interesting to me is that they will tell you they want smaller government but in fact, they want very invasive laws controlling almost everything we do.

To me, most important is that we keep government and religion out of our private lives.

Then stop voting Democrat.

Abortions would not be necessary if, the large majority of the time, the two parties involved took the necessary steps to prevent an unintended pregnancy.
Generally, by the age of 11, most preteens know the birds and the bees and the consequences of the action. And they learn more as they and their friends explore their sexual identity.

I believe abortion is morally wrong but would concede to a woman seeking an abortion in the first trimester.
If a woman hasn't made up her mind in the first 12 weeks, then she probably struggled with the moral dilemma of the action.

I'm curious as to why liberals don't find it morally wrong.

I also find it difficult to comprehend how my very liberal and staunchly Catholic cousins (I'm agnostic) can support a woman's right to abortion when it is categorically against Catholic doctrine.

"I'm curious as to why liberals don't find it morally wrong."

I don't know that that is true but I don't believe you can legislate morality.

I have never known or heard of anyone being in favor of abortion. It is not a matter of convenience, not used in lieu of bc. Its the unalienable right to control one's own reproduction.

Perhaps I should have qualified it as 'many' and not the inferred 'all'.
I beg to differ regarding your supposition that is is not used in lieu of birth control. It is 'after the fact' birth control and is a matter of convenience for many woman for any number of personal reasons.
Perhaps the individuals involved (both male and female) should consider the many ways to control their reproduction before a woman submits to an invasive surgical procedure.

Parents need to be more aware of their children's behaviors.
A friend of my daughter became pregnant last year (the child will be 1 in March). The girl and her boyfriend had been dating for quite a long time. I had told my daughter that the parents had their heads in the sand and that if I had any inclination that she (my daughter) was possibly having sex I would have her in the OBGYN's office so fast it would make her head spin. She knows where I stand.
Parents have to be realistic and take charge and make it clear that though they do not approve of the behavior they know it will possibly happen and as parents they will do whatever is necessary to prevent unintended events from happening.

@Llifeuddly Neddite Excuse me with my "hot water " comment that's was my friends words not mine and how come you never elaborated more when you implied cons are worse in personal freedoms then liberals?

@Llifeuddly Neddite Excuse me with my "hot water " comment that's was my friends words not mine and how come you never elaborated more when you implied cons are worse in personal freedoms then liberals?

I thought I did.

Here it is again:

Luddly Neddite I understand The bedroom thing, but please elaborate more in how you feel conservatives want to contol peoples lives? Because I always think it is the liberals

First, I don't think its Conservatives, with an upper case C. Its rabid fundie RWs who want invasive laws controlling women's bodies via birth control and abortion, as well as marriage equality.

There are surely liberals who want to make abortion, bc, gay marriage illegal but I don't know of any. No, its the right that wants invasive laws based on religion aka sharia law.

I don't know how to be more clear than that.

Why do any of you regardless of party care what anyone else does?

Both parties are filled with control freaks who want to run your lives

Why?

I could make the smart ass comment all you are doing is killing off 300,000 potential democrats a year, but I won't.

I don't.

All innocent human life should be protected. All innocent human life has the right to live.

Too bad you don't agree.

So you have now changed your previous stance on food stamps and welfare for poor children.

Cool.

um no

Wow that blows my mind away you liberal women think that way of conservatives it is your opinion, but I didn't realize that

I'm pro choice, but it's not terribly difficult for me to recognize that the pro-lifers are against abortion because they perceive it to be the wanton, cynical, heartless, wholesale slaughter of innocent human life.

Is it really that complicated to understand?

No.

But to understand it they must concede what they are doing is evil according to us. That is unacceptable to them.

Yea I said that post wrong thats why I deleted it, when it came tI my comment thats what I remember 30 years ago, from my friends (I had a lot of girls as friends back then who got themselves in hot water)

My point is, we still have the archaic idea that men are not responsible for pregnancy. They are as much, if not more, to blame for every single abortion.

Here's a novel idea. If you are a woman do not get impregnated by a man that A) does not have a job, B) isn't in between prison terms and/or C) cannot provide a safe and secure future for the child.

Why?

I don't.

Too bad you don't agree.

So you have now changed your previous stance on food stamps and welfare for poor children.

Cool.

um no

Not surprising that you still think children should starve in the streets and that women should not have control of their own bodies.

Bet you would think differently if it was your reproduction in question.

Here's a novel idea. If you are a woman do not get impregnated by a man that A) does not have a job, B) isn't in between prison terms and/or C) cannot provide a safe and secure future for the child.

Good points and most women don't

But what do you propose happen to women who do?

Wow that blows my mind away you liberal women think that way of conservatives it is your opinion, but I didn't realize that

Translation:

"Wow. It blows my mind away that you liberal women think that way of conservatives. It is your opinion, but I didn't realize that."

Its not just "liberal women". Its people who believe that the Constitution does not exclude women (and others) from equal rights.

Good points and most women don't

But what do you propose happen to women who do?

How about men never lie to get into a woman's pants?

How about neither be punished for life for making a mistake?

How about we not punish children for the stupidity of their parents?

Men are the cause of all abortion.

Why?

I don't.

Too bad you don't agree.
Ok I agree, but I am going to tell you a short story would you have done the same as I did 20 years ago in a cold Christmas eve up in chicago

Worked 12 hours and I went to the 711 to get a 12 pack of bud light and noticed a young woman in a mini van that looked like she had everything she owned, her two little girls ran out in their pajamas into the store

I took off thinking that was strange

Then it dawned on me, they didnt have no where to go, so I turned around

She told me she left her husband and waiting on a check in a few days.

So I put her and her kids in a motel room, came back a little latter with wrapped christmas gifts for her daughters, then I went home

The point of my story is liberals are right to bitch cons only care about the unborn not so much for the ones already born

Edit forgot.to say I paid for her and her daughters motel room for a week
Do you really think that handing out money, even your own, is what caring is all about?

They care about the fetus. The born? Not so much.

We are completely consistent.

Murder an unborn = wrong.

Murder a baby = wrong.

Mark
But what about life already born? I know in a whole conservatives give way more to charity then cheap liberals, but liberals care more about poor using the collective as in government to help the Born

I know giving from your heart is better

But who is right?

They care about the fetus. The born? Not so much.

We are completely consistent.

Murder an unborn = wrong.

Murder a baby = wrong.

Mark

If it were true that RWs care about children, they would fight to make sure that no child was hungry, homeless or uneducated. Instead, they consistently want cuts made to food stamps and other social programs.

Its the very definition of the right.

Forum List

Back