Why do people bitch & whine about the attack on the U.S.S. Liberty so much?

Israel has carried out several false flags dressed as Arabs.
gee How clever of them----the pilots were dressed as arabs?
How were the rapists of Oct 7 dressed? I have encountered
lots and lots of arabs-----none of them were dressed like
uhm Bin Salman. None of the Egyptians, Lebanese, Turks,
Syrians were dressed like that. I have encountered women
veiled to the eyelashes-----but they were black ladies who were
born in Jersey

You must think the Israeli air force is incompetent.

Every Air Force accidentally attacks its own side now and then. Don't believe me? Gopgle friendly fire attacks by the U.S. Air Force

Every Air Force accidentally attacks its own side now and then. Don't believe me? Gopgle friendly fire attacks by the U.S. Air Force
long ago---when I was IN----active duty---I was informed that something like 11% of deaths in battle are "friendly fire"----I hoped it was not true. The situation of the Liberty was one of confusion----the ship was not supposed to be there and did not answer hails. When my son was in---one kid died in basic training and two ships sustained accidents ----with some lethalities ----no battle----just THERE. I cannot discuss what happened where and when I was IN. My dad never got over a kid that went overboard in the North
Atlantic----doing a little task that he ordered

1713395849929.jpeg

~S~

It seems like every time you turn around in any discussion about Israel you see people whining about the Israeli attack on the intelligence gathering ship U.S.S.Liberty during the Six Day War?

As a survivor of the June 8, 1967 Israeli attack on the USS Liberty currently serving as the Historian of the USS Liberty Veterans Association I can state unequivocally that the outrage some have expressed that the attack on our ship is being raised almost 57 years after the attack pales when it comes to the outrage we feel that the attack on our ship was selected to be treated by the US government in a way that results in its remaining available to those who use it in a manner that does not move forward our effort to ensure the US government finally investigates the attack—as it has done for every other attack on a US Navy ship since the end of WWII.

The attack on the USS Liberty was a deliberate, premeditated, well planned and almost perfectly executed attack on a lone, freshly painted, well-marked, correctly identified, non-combatant, virtually unarmed US Navy ship by the most powerful military in the Middle East allied with the President of the United States in violation of international law and US Statutes.

Of a crew of 294 officers and men (including three civilians), the ship suffered thirty-four (34) killed in action and at least one hundred seventy-four (174) wounded in action. Over70% casualty rate.

The ship itself, a Forty Million ($40,000,000) Dollar state-of-the-art signals intelligence (SIGINT) platform, suffered such severe damage that it never embarked on another operational mission and got sold in 1970 as scrap for $101,666.66.

The attack included the jamming of our radios on both US Navy tactical and international maritime distress frequencies, the use of unmarked aircraft by the forces attacking the USS Liberty, and the deliberate machine gunning of life rafts we had dropped over the side in anticipation of abandoning ship.

While we were still under attack and calling for help, the White House ordered the recall of rescue aircraft that had been launched from Sixth Fleet aircraft carriers.

Obeying that order cost the lives of 25 of our shipmates killed by the torpedo.

It was also a capital violation of Article 99 of the UCMJ which the DoD has waived regarding the attack on our ship. (See https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/899)

After they recalled those flights, Sixth Fleet personnel listened to our calls for help as the attack continued, knowing they were forbidden to come to our help.

On June 8, 2005 USS Liberty survivors submitted “A Report: War Crimes Committed Against U.S. Military Personnel, June 8, 1967” with the Department of the Army. (See https://www.ussliberty.com/files/public/War Crimes Report with Exhibits.pdf)

Under the Department of Defense Law of War Program, the DoD is obligated to ensure “All reportable incidents committed by or against U.S. personnel, enemy persons, or any other individual are reported promptly, investigated thoroughly, and, where appropriate, remedied by corrective action.” (See https://media.defense.gov/2023/Jul/31/2003271432/-1/-1/0/DOD-LAW-OF-WAR-MANUAL-JUNE-2015-UPDATED-JULY 2023.PDF)

The DoD has yet to convene an investigation of the allegations contained in our War Crimes Report.

The attack on our ship is the only attack on a US Navy ship since the end of WWII NOT investigated by the US government.

he attack on the USS Liberty was a deliberate, premeditated, well planned and almost perfectly executed attack t.
Really?

So perfectly executed that the Israelis used in appropriate weapons, failed to inflict unsurvivable damage on the U.S.S. Liberty and then broke off their attack.

Really?

So perfectly executed that the Israelis used in appropriate weapons, failed to inflict unsurvivable damage on the U.S.S. Liberty and then broke off their attack.
I was alive and alert when it happened--the incident was ON RADIO in real time.
According to the on site reporter when the Israeli guys realized what had happened they were pulling people out of the water-----ie the radio transmission was after the event but with USA sailors still floating around in the sea---no ongoing fight---just a rescue mission ongoing-----I am amazed to find out that there was something like a BATTLE between the Israeli planes and some israeli ships and the Liberty. People who talk about it now make it seem as though the Liberty had to ESCAPE under fire

No it wasn't, traitor.

Actually, it was. Just as much as all those "Soviet Fishing Trawlers" we were monitoring in the 1970s and 1980s.

The actual term used was "Technical Research Ship", but there is no question they were used to gather communications data. And this was never really a secret, no more than the mission of all those Soviet trawlers was a secret. Just as the USS Pueblo was an "Environmental Research Ship", and largely doing the same thing when it was attacked in 1968.

Actually, it was. Just as much as all those "Soviet Fishing Trawlers" we were monitoring in the 1970s and 1980s.

The actual term used was "Technical Research Ship", but there is no question they were used to gather communications data. And this was never really a secret, no more than the mission of all those Soviet trawlers was a secret. Just as the USS Pueblo was an "Environmental Research Ship", and largely doing the same thing when it was attacked in 1968.
that makes sense and even explains---sorta---why the ship did not answer
Hails----a FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE

Forum List

Back