• His love of America

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • His calling the USSR an Evil empire

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • His Crushing defeat of the USSR

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • His ability to ridicule the stupidity of Progressives

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • other...Boooosh, etc. pick your own you lazy slugs. dafuq you want me to do all the work for you?

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
see. this right here. turning reagan into the second coming of jesus (or in this case washington) - that's what i have a problem with.

Did you openly weep when the Berlin Wall fell?

Share your feelings, was it the worst time of your life?

Yeah no shit! had a liberal president been responsible for the Berlin wall falling, the aniversary each year would be even bigger than the Watergate aniversary!

I'm trying to get a handle on Why Progressives Hate Reagan. Is it that he was a dictator who ignored Tip O'Neill's Congress and just ordered the government to spend and spend and spend?

Was it the stock market?

His love of American?

What?

Honest to God - it was because Reagan was a MAN. A man who believed in this country. A true Patriot. a man who believed America is a good and honest country that stands as an example to the world. Progressives (Liberal Nazis) hated the man for it.

I agree. Reagan believed that Americans made the country great and he encouraged everyone to strive for the American dream. Progressives believe government made the country great and they encourage everyone to turn to government for everything. Progressives believe only a few can live the American dream and have convinced many that they have no chance.

iran-contra is a start.

but i have less of a problem with reagan and more a problem with those willing to rewrite history in the adulation of him.

So, you had a problem with Reagan trading weapons for the release of hostages - but you bear no ill will for Barry's lack of action that resulted in two reporters having their heads detached from their bodies. Bullshit. Then, you have no trouble with your president (that term still cracks me up) Obama having no clue about ISIS (why the hell does he call it ISIL - honoring them?) for over a year? Bullshit.

Ronald Reagn was the modern day version of George Washington - and it galls the hell out of you pussies.

According to liberals, weapons for many hostages is bad, but 5 of the most dangerous terrorists on the planet for one deserter is good.

I'm trying to get a handle on Why Progressives Hate Reagan. Is it that he was a dictator who ignored Tip O'Neill's Congress and just ordered the government to spend and spend and spend?

Was it the stock market?

His love of American?

What?

I don't believe any progressives who know the true story of his "condition" hate Reagan personally, though they may hate the policies of his scandal-ridden administration. We blame his advisers and handlers more than the man himself. I think most of us have had elderly family members, "the lovable old farts", who suffered the onset of the mental deterioration that his son says he was noticing before his second election win. (In his book Ron Reagan said about a pre-election debate "My heart sank as he floundered his way through his responses, fumbling with his notes, uncharacteristically lost for words. He looked tired and bewildered...") . I would remind fellow progressives that he should be given a "break" and blame for the things that have been mentioned like Beirut and Iran-Contra and the S&L crisis and the ground-work for the destruction of the middle class etc. etc. should be laid more properly at the feet of those handlers.

And we shouldn't blame the media too much for covering up his condition. Lesley Stahl gives a pretty good excuse for that in her 2000 book "Reporting Live" after describing this disturbing encounter;

"Reagan was as shriveled as a kumquat. He was so frail, his skin so paper-thin. I could almost see the sunlight through the back of his withered neck…His eyes were coated. Larry introduced us, but he had to shout. Had Reagan turned off his hearing aid?
…Reagan didn't seem to know who I was. He gave me a distant look with those milky eyes and shook my hand weakly. Oh, my, he's gonzo, I thought. I have to go out on the lawn tonight and tell my countrymen that the president of the United States is a doddering space cadet. My heart began to hammer with the import...I was aware of the delicacy with which I would have to write my script. But I was quite sure of my diagnosis"

She held back on reporting that because he "seemed to recover" and as one of his aides told her;

"He tuned out—a lot...People didn't talk about it. People treated him with very special care. You had to explain things in elemental terms, but because he was so likable, everyone had so mush personal regard for him—everyone protected him...He was intellectually vacant, but I never felt the country was in any danger."

That "lovable old fart" syndrome again I guess. But really you can't hate the guy. I truly hope that he still had enough wits about him to fully understand the import of the event his worshipers actually credit him with - the fall of the Berlin Wall - that took place almost a year after his Presidency and a few years before his diagnosis was made public.

Was it the stock market?

His love of American?

What?

His stock Market that Crashed and triggered the 1990's Recession? that Stock Market?

Main reason I have no use for Reagan (who sadly, I admit I voted for twice)... He told Corporate America that it was okay to gut the middle class by dismantling unions.

The white working class Pre-Reagan-

tumblr_lk8fxzf2zv1qhalefo1_500.jpg

The White Working Class POST-Reagan

trailer-park-4302.jpg

I agree. Reagan believed that Americans made the country great and he encouraged everyone to strive for the American dream. Progressives believe government made the country great and they encourage everyone to turn to government for everything. Progressives believe only a few can live the American dream and have convinced many that they have no chance.

Everyone to strive for the American dream? Problem is very, very few will make it, and those that do will probably give the Republican Party a lot of money to dodge taxes.

Is dodging paying taxes patriotic? Hmmm.

Here lies the problem. The Republicans claim the American dream for all, but it's like the lottery. You play one week, you have a very, very small chance, but you play because you have that chance. Is it fair? Hell no it's not fair.
The Democrats are more at the level that people just want to live comfortable lives and those who are well off can afford not to have to dodge taxes.

Was it the stock market?

His love of American?

What?

His stock Market that Crashed and triggered the 1990's Recession? that Stock Market?

Main reason I have no use for Reagan (who sadly, I admit I voted for twice)... He told Corporate America that it was okay to gut the middle class by dismantling unions.

Stock market crashed in 1987 (How did Reagan cause that?) triggered a recession 2 years after his Presidency ended.

Wow, I'm convinced Josef

Was it the stock market?

His love of American?

What?

I don't believe any progressives who know the true story of his "condition" hate Reagan personally, though they may hate the policies of his scandal-ridden administration. We blame his advisers and handlers more than the man himself. I think most of us have had elderly family members, "the lovable old farts", who suffered the onset of the mental deterioration that his son says he was noticing before his second election win. (In his book Ron Reagan said about a pre-election debate "My heart sank as he floundered his way through his responses, fumbling with his notes, uncharacteristically lost for words. He looked tired and bewildered...") . I would remind fellow progressives that he should be given a "break" and blame for the things that have been mentioned like Beirut and Iran-Contra and the S&L crisis and the ground-work for the destruction of the middle class etc. etc. should be laid more properly at the feet of those handlers.

And we shouldn't blame the media too much for covering up his condition. Lesley Stahl gives a pretty good excuse for that in her 2000 book "Reporting Live" after describing this disturbing encounter;

"Reagan was as shriveled as a kumquat. He was so frail, his skin so paper-thin. I could almost see the sunlight through the back of his withered neck…His eyes were coated. Larry introduced us, but he had to shout. Had Reagan turned off his hearing aid?
…Reagan didn't seem to know who I was. He gave me a distant look with those milky eyes and shook my hand weakly. Oh, my, he's gonzo, I thought. I have to go out on the lawn tonight and tell my countrymen that the president of the United States is a doddering space cadet. My heart began to hammer with the import...I was aware of the delicacy with which I would have to write my script. But I was quite sure of my diagnosis"

She held back on reporting that because he "seemed to recover" and as one of his aides told her;

"He tuned out—a lot...People didn't talk about it. People treated him with very special care. You had to explain things in elemental terms, but because he was so likable, everyone had so mush personal regard for him—everyone protected him...He was intellectually vacant, but I never felt the country was in any danger."

That "lovable old fart" syndrome again I guess. But really you can't hate the guy. I truly hope that he still had enough wits about him to fully understand the import of the event his worshipers actually credit him with - the fall of the Berlin Wall - that took place almost a year after his Presidency and a few years before his diagnosis was made public.

Sock accounts are so darn cute!!

Was it the stock market?

His love of American?

What?

Stock market crashed in 1987 (How did Reagan cause that?) triggered a recession 2 years after his Presidency ended.

Wow, I'm convinced Josef

You're the one who named his stock market as an accomplishment.

It really wasn't.

The working class was poorer when Reagan was done. that's the point.

There must have been the thinking that the working man was getting too much of the pie and had to be reigned in. Things did head south for workers about that time.

The white working class Pre-Reagan-

tumblr_lk8fxzf2zv1qhalefo1_500.jpg

I love this picture. It shows everything that is wrong with what the govt did in the 1950s.

The ideal of the American dream. A happy family. Shame a lot of people didn't feel they were living up to the dream so got angry then divorced when they were probably in a semi-decent marriage, that had they had the right mentality would have worked.

Was it the stock market?

His love of American?

What?

Wow, I'm convinced Josef

Making fun of Alzheimer's Disease is a new low. It proves that there is no limit on the spite and hate when you oppose leftism. And do it well.

I'm a big believer in a President's actions having a knock on effect. Ie, what happens after the president has left is far more important than what happens in the first 2 years.

Median_US_household_income.png

Wages increased during Reagan's years, and then dropped for the 4 years after, then rose again. Not all this has to do with Reagan or even the presidency at all, but there's some of the reality.

Unemployment was lowering at this time, more than likely this would have happened under any president.

The pone thing to note is the increase in income was about the same for Clinton's reign as Reagan's.

However the drop was more dramatic, though nothing like Bush W's drop!!!

iran-contra is a start.

but i have less of a problem with reagan and more a problem with those willing to rewrite history in the adulation of him.

So, you had a problem with Reagan trading weapons for the release of hostages - but you bear no ill will for Barry's lack of action that resulted in two reporters having their heads detached from their bodies. Bullshit. Then, you have no trouble with your president (that term still cracks me up) Obama having no clue about ISIS (why the hell does he call it ISIL - honoring them?) for over a year? Bullshit.

Ronald Reagn was the modern day version of George Washington - and it galls the hell out of you pussies.
Reagan broke the law trading arms for hostages. Reagan had over 200 Marines killed in a bombing attack and then promptly cut and ran. Reagan hated people who worked for a living and pampered those who play the market for a living. Reagan thought ketchup was a vegetable where school lunches are concerned. Reagan attacked labor. Reagan let our basic industry move off shore and loved every minute of it, thus killing middle class opportunities.

Reagan celebrated America's Exceptionalism. Liberals despise that and take a position of apologizing for America's success.....to point of electing a President whose mission it is to Fundamentally Transform America.

Quite simply- Reagan did more to "service the wealthy" (AKA- dismantle the middle-class) of this great nation than any other President.

Try this it may help you to understand...

If after 8 attempts you still feel confused, give up...

:bang3::bang3::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Banghead, I was asking for your version of the events. Sometimes with a spin they sound less terrible. In another thread a fella was telling me how the Germans "almost" won at Kursk. I think Manstein was just pissed at being forced to start an offensive amd not being allowed to finish and two divisions would not have made the difference in the attack because his army couldn't hold the soviets in place much less take ground.

Sorry to ask for you to type more about the hostage thing you brought up though. I did not mean to cause you that much frustration.

Forum List

Back