• His love of America

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • His calling the USSR an Evil empire

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • His Crushing defeat of the USSR

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • His ability to ridicule the stupidity of Progressives

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • other...Boooosh, etc. pick your own you lazy slugs. dafuq you want me to do all the work for you?

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
I'm trying to get a handle on Why Progressives Hate Reagan. Is it that he was a dictator who ignored Tip O'Neill's Congress and just ordered the government to spend and spend and spend?

Was it the stock market?

His love of American?

What?

Because the man is a traitor to America. He committed treason when he sold arms, spare parts and technology to the terrorists who were holding American citizens as hostages.

It's treason to give the enemy weapons, spare parts and technology.

He taught the terrorists that it does in fact pay to take our citizens as hostage as long as we have a republican president. They'll get all they demand from a republican. He put Americans who traveled to that part of the world in great danger and threat of being taken hostage. In fact, more were taken throughout the 80s.

Then he protected the terrorists by trying to lie about it and cover it up.

He further broke the law by diverting the money from those sales down the the contras. Which was a violation of the Boland Amendment.

He helped create al queda. He recruited, armed and trained bin laden and his crazy terrorists. Then declared them great freedom fighters and compared them to the founders of America.

Personally, I don't believe a person who did all that, loved America beyond what he could take from it for his own personal gain. Which is exactly what reagan did.

That's on top of his tax cuts for the rich and tax increases for everyone else. Personally, every time reagan talked about tax cuts, he raised my taxes. reagan never cut my taxes.

Add in nearly bankrupting social security, taking the national debt from around 800 billion to nearly 3 trillion and exploding the budget deficit. When reagan began his presidency America was the largest creditor nation in the world. By the time reagan left the presidency America was the largest debtor nation in the world.

Then there was the s&l collapse, the highest unemployment since the great depression. Introducing America to "homelessness." Changed the student loan program to a multi billion dollar boom for banks. His non stop deregulation of everything he could which his deregulation led to the s&l collapse.

I could go on and on with all the reasons why I don't like reagan and am proud I never voted for that traitor.

Yet you had no trouble voting for the inept fool that is in office now. God help us, the stupidity is strong in this one....

That's all you've got?

Obama isn't a traitor to our nation. He didn't give terrorists any weapons, spare parts and technology. He didn't recruit, arm and train bin laden nor did he say bin laden was a great freedom fighter and compared him to the founders of America. reagan did that. Obama found bin laden and had him killed.

You support a man who committed treason against our nation.

What kind of American supports a traitor to our nation?

Reagan felled the USSR like Obama felled Bin Laden.
Oh please...You jello spined suck up.

What? Speak clearly.

You still unable to handle the little league moms, coach?

If you want some attention, I can oblige.
I dont think he's looking for a pickup from you. Sorry.
You've contributed nothing to this thread beyond unsubstantiated bumper sticker slogans and wrong information.
IOW, your usual.

iran-contra is a start.

but i have less of a problem with reagan and more a problem with those willing to rewrite history in the adulation of him.

You mean when Reagan used a drone to murder an American teenager?

[QUOTE="Dana7360, post: 9774119, member: 50367"

That's all you've got?

Obama isn't a traitor to our nation. He didn't give terrorists any weapons, spare parts and technology. He didn't recruit, arm and train bin laden nor did he say bin laden was a great freedom fighter and compared him to the founders of America. reagan did that. Obama found bin laden and had him killed.

You support a man who committed treason against our nation.

What kind of American supports a traitor to our nation?[/QUOTE]
So when out of argument you lie?
Obama has armed ISIS terrorists. He has allowed Syria to maintain WMD. Obama has undermined this country's interests. If anyone is a traitor, it is Obama.

I don't hate him. I just think he is responsible for a bunch of shitty policies that led to shitty results.

He could issue a zinger, though. And that is why USMB nutters love him. Snark is a very valuable trait among USMB nutters. You've got so few witty people on your side of the aisle that you idolize anyone with timing.

You'll overlook all manner of fuck ups if you get to hear one of your guys roast one of the other guys.

^ Why we love Reagan

Reagan felled the USSR like Obama felled Bin Laden.
Oh please...You jello spined suck up.

What? Speak clearly.

You still unable to handle the little league moms, coach?

If you want some attention, I can oblige.
I dont think he's looking for a pickup from you. Sorry.
You've contributed nothing to this thread beyond unsubstantiated bumper sticker slogans and wrong information.
IOW, your usual.

It's a troll thread. What do you expect? Do you fancy yourself a valuable contributor? You aren't.

I don't hate him. I just think he is responsible for a bunch of shitty policies that led to shitty results.

He could issue a zinger, though. And that is why USMB nutters love him. Snark is a very valuable trait among USMB nutters. You've got so few witty people on your side of the aisle that you idolize anyone with timing.

You'll overlook all manner of fuck ups if you get to hear one of your guys roast one of the other guys.

^ Why we love Reagan

You wouldn't nominate the guy if he were running today.

To many of you fuckers think life was better when TV was black and white....like your water fountains.

How does it feel when your best days are in the past?

Let's see...
  1. Iranian Hostage Crisis Solved...
  2. Double Digit Inflation Solved...
  3. Ended the Cold War...
These are all accomplishments, yet the Left Leaning Liberals of this world will try and convince us we paid too big of a price for these...

Last edited:
Let's see...

3. Ended the Cold War...
These are all accomplishments, yet the Left Leaning Liberals of this world will try and convince us we paid too big of a price for these...

Tell me more about this Iran Hostage Crisis and what Reagan did to end it.

Let's see...

3. Ended the Cold War...

Did you forget?

I'm sure you know the story...

Let me remind you...

Does the arms for hostages bother you?

Tell me more of how this bothers you...

Did you forget?

Let me remind you...

Bothers me? Heck. If one of the hostages was my brother it sounds great. If I was against Iranians having a military and working to be a nuclear power arming them or negotiating with terrorists sounds terrible.

So to solve the hostage crisis are you saying Ronald Reagan armed the Iranians?

Let's see...

3. Ended the Cold War...

I also would like to know what Reagan had to do with the Iranian hostage crisis.

Did you forget?

Let me remind you...

Bothers me? Heck. If one of the hostages was my brother it sounds great. If I was against Iranians having a military and working to be a nuclear power arming them or negotiating with terrorists sounds terrible.

Try this it may help you to understand...

If after 8 attempts you still feel confused, give up...

:bang3::bang3::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Let's see...

3. Ended the Cold War...

I also would like to know what Reagan had to do with the Iranian hostage crisis.

See above...

^ Why we love Reagan

You wouldn't nominate the guy if he were running today.

To many of you fuckers think life was better when TV was black and white....like your water fountains.

How does it feel when your best days are in the past?

Yeah the poor guy only accomplished more in a day than Carter could in 444 days, what a failure...

Oh and double digit inflation was a good thing? It's hard to believe cousin Jimmy could screw up so much in just 4 years, but that peanut was special...

My future looks pretty good and has been for the last 50+ years, I know you have been less fortunate than most but keep trying...

Let's see...

3. Ended the Cold War...

Did you forget?

Let me remind you...

If you're talking about the Iranian hostages that were released seconds after reagan took the oath of office then reagan had nothing to do with it. He had been president for minutes. He didn't have a chance to do anything about it.

If you're talking about the hostages that were released when reagan committed treason, I wouldn't be proud of what he did if I were you.

In fact, reagan wasn't proud if it. He lied about it and when he had to confess the truth to his lies, he pulled a nixon and said in his heart he didn't trade arms for hostages.

What kind of American is proud of treason?

Did you forget?

Let me remind you...

Yes he did.

He sold them arms, spare parts and technology.

He didn't solve anything. More hostages were taken and more lives were ruined.

On top of teaching the terrorists that it does in fact pay to take our citizens as hostage as long as we have a republican president.

What reagan did was illegal due to the arms embargo that was on Iran at the time and it was treason. he's a traitor to our nation.

Forum List

Back